Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 10:51   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
The biggest point is, even if one shortlists the VXI variant (Rs 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom), why wouldn't anyone have a look at petrol variants of Creta, Seltos, Astor also, which start at around 10.25 lakhs. Their base variants are fairly well loaded, in comparison with Brezza's Vxi. I'm not even going till the overly priced Zxi.
The price comparison chart is a crucial one. I had the chance to hop in to a Maruti Showroom and take a look at the New Brezza. No doubt its not regular Maruti every one is used to see. Just open the tail gate and you will know by its weight what we are talking.

But definitely the higher pricing and the sub-par performance will be a fly in the ointment. We do understand why the pricing is higher (thanks to bigger NA engine while the others get the lower displacement turbo).

But this is also the few good ones which does not have an AMT. If I go by that, I would prefer the Regular AT > DCT > AMT

Now if we take all this into account, Brezza pricing does not sound bad that in spite of it being higher. Lets see how it comes about.

And also if this is Brezza, lets wait to see how the Vitara turns out to be!

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2022 at 19:33. Reason: typo fixed
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:07   #107
BHPian

So we’ve been allotted a ZXI AT. Coming up to 15.7L on road. Visited Honda next door and the V CVT at 16.3L is starting to look very juicy to us. Cancelling our booking mostly.

Last edited by creative420 : 17th July 2022 at 11:07. Reason: Spello
creative420 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:24   #108
BANNED

I was seriously considering purchasing the ZXI+ AT variant of the Brezza up until the prices were announced. 16.7 Lakhs on road for a Compact SUV just didn't make sense to me, so cancelled booking and now on the search again.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:51   #109
BHPian

Looking at the rate at which posts are drying up on a new launch, doesn't bode well. Still Maruti will do decent numbers with the Brezza, as i personally know atleast two persons who don't look beyond Maruti - not only because of nationwide after sales service, easy availability of economical spares; but more importantly due to "kitna deti hai factor" in current times of high fuel prices.

Hyundai / Kia, Tata and Mahindra petrols don't have a very good reputation in the fuel efficiency dept due to various reasons ranging from weight to more focus on safety. Not denying Maruti's expertise of making fuel efficient petrol engines, which even go one up on the much hyped VTEC from Honda on various parameters.

Having said that, the competition has diesel engine options (and Tata even has the Nexon EV), so it should be an interesting fight and sales figures in upcoming months (barring the first couple with new launch spoke) will give a clearer picture.
jessie007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 12:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So we’ve been allotted a ZXI AT. Coming up to 15.7L on road. Visited Honda next door and the V CVT at 16.3L is starting to look very juicy to us. Cancelling our booking mostly.
I am wrong - I have always thought that people are very clear about whether they want a sub 4m car or a proper sedan, if budget is not a big constraint. However, it does not seem to be the case. I would go for a sub 4m car if I want a compact car that is easier to drive and park in congested cities. The ride height/ground clearance expectations would help me decide between a hatchback and a compact SUV.

When I read that you are planning to switch to City from Brezza, I am curious:
  • What were your expectations when you pre booked Brezza?
  • Why did you not consider other Sedans or SUVs if you could stretch your budget to 15L+?
  • Are you okay with the fact that the City is almost 2 Ft longer than Brezza?
  • Are you okay with the lower ground clearance of the City?

Thanks!
venus1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 12:53   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
It is not clear from their website or brochure, if the paddle shifter is available in all the variants.
By the way, which variant did you test drive and how did you like it?
Yes, but its odd since all other 6AT variants get paddle shifters (eg. Ertiga VXI). When i asked him how do manual shifts work in VXI he told it would be similar to the AGS gearbox (with a +/- option beside the M mode). Donno what is true, but felt that they were only trained on demo the features present in the top variants

On the test drive part, the drive was very good until 40-50KMPH, felt the engine was reasonably responsive. But once I crossed 60KMPH it was very different, the speed build-up is VERY VERY linear - I floored the accelerator but there was hardly any change. Had to use the paddle shifters to get some momentum. I touched ~80-90KMPH and the vehicle felt very stable and the NVH levels were very good (the engine was never crossed the 2000 RPM mark)
aditya.marla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 16:03   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
I am wrong - I have always thought that people are very clear about whether they want a sub 4m car or a proper sedan, if budget is not a big constraint. However, it does not seem to be the case. I would go for a sub 4m car if I want a compact car that is easier to drive and park in congested cities. The ride height/ground clearance expectations would help me decide between a hatchback and a compact SUV.

When I read that you are planning to switch to City from Brezza, I am curious:
  • What were your expectations when you pre booked Brezza?
  • Why did you not consider other Sedans or SUVs if you could stretch your budget to 15L+?
  • Are you okay with the fact that the City is almost 2 Ft longer than Brezza?
  • Are you okay with the lower ground clearance of the City?

Thanks!

1. My only experience with Brezza was when we booked one for our week-long stay in Goa. It was a brand new Brezza VXI AT that we rented out. It felt like such a good car, compared to the one I have right now - Ritz. So when I booked this one, my expectations were for Maruti to up the game in every bit. I like the exterior update. I like the 6AT update. But I hated the interior (lack of) update. From what we've seen and been reading, the engine is nothing to write about. And finally, I thought the fully loaded car would be available for 15L on road. It's 17.4L in Bangalore.

2. Wife loved the Nexon. We test drove it and she just couldn't wrap her head around the jerkiness of AMT. Hyundais/Kias are out because we wanted our car to be at least 4* rated, because we do a lot of highway driving. I love Taigun/Kushaq, but wife doesn't. Their decent AT model is 18L+ in Bangalore. And Astor, while it ticks a lot of boxes, delivers very bad FE.

3&4. I TDed the City ZX CVT 3 days back. I was afraid how I'd deal with such big a car. But I immediately felt home and comfortable with it. Took it through my usual office route which is laced with thin alleys and potholed/no-road roads and the car didn't bottom out once. And when I came back, it fitted my parking spot, only that I'll have to tuck my Vespa away in a different corner.

So since we're looking forward to more highway trips, a sedan fits perfectly. Daily office commute will be 10-12kms, on decent to good roads, so both sedan and CSUV would have done the job. We may still keep our Ritz, for my daily morning drives with my doggo and for days I have to go to work.

I have till tomorrow to cancel on my allotted Brezza. I think I'll let it go. I've already booked the Honda while I explore more options. (The "USED" Car Price Check Thread)
creative420 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:16   #113
BHPian

Quote:

3&4. I TDed the City ZX CVT 3 days back. I was afraid how I'd deal with such big a car. But I immediately felt home and comfortable with it. Took it through my usual office route which is laced with thin alleys and potholed/no-road roads and the car didn't bottom out once. And when I came back, it fitted my parking spot, only that I'll have to tuck my Vespa away in a different corner.

So since we're looking forward to more highway trips, a sedan fits perfectly. Daily office commute will be 10-12kms, on decent to good roads, so both sedan and CSUV would have done the job. We may still keep our Ritz, for my daily morning drives with my doggo and for days I have to go to work.
Good to know that you have checked the City thoroughly from the perspective of road conditions and parking . It is a great choice if you will be doing a lot of highway trips. And it is also a good idea to keep the Ritz as the second car if parking is not an issue.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 09:06   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I have till tomorrow to cancel on my allotted Brezza. I think I'll let it go. I've already booked the Honda while I explore more
I am also in the same thinking like you, was eagerly waiting for Brezza pricing, the City V CVT and Brezza Zxi are almost the same price here in Chennai.

Would be taking couple of test drives in both and decide.

As of today City is winning.
Arun_S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 10:00   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am also in the same thinking like you, was eagerly waiting for Brezza pricing, the City V CVT and Brezza Zxi are almost the same price here in Chennai.

The Honda City CVT is an absolute gem of a car as far as sedans are concerned with great comfort, looks and tons of space. The ride quality is great, and it can smooth out pothole filled roads as well. The Brezza AT on the other hand is a compact SUV that is priced at a premium among a slew of Compact SUVs
Old 18th July 2022, 10:42   #116
BHPian

Quote:

It is definitely winning. I was expecting the Arena showroom to be swamped because of Brezza, but there were only 2-3 of us on a Saturday checking the car out. Maruti is just being a bully IMO. At the same price with City V CVT, you will lose out on a few kmpls, but you get a car that's absolutely class-above with great interiors and engine.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
It is definitely winning. I was expecting the Arena showroom to be swamped because of Brezza, but there were only 2-3 of us on a Saturday checking the car out. Maruti is just being a bully IMO. At the same price with City V CVT, you will lose out on a few kmpls, but you get a car that's absolutely class-above with great interiors and engine.
Go, get the City before they announce a price hike! They may be reading these posts!
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 18:09   #118
BHPian

I understand that the brezza with its pricing may have been a bummer for many. And that engine is not pleasing any enthusiast anytime soon. However, the lack of interest(judged by the number of posts) here is surprising. You dont get anything super exciting with the brezza sure, but you do get a reliable spacious car that is built on a solid global platform, one that will in all probability score 4 or more stars in ncap, one that is spacious, has almost all creature comforts that its peers have, and one that probably looks good(somewhat subjective), will give a good mileage, will be fuss free to own, and which, when sold, will probably fetch a pretty good sum in the second hand market.
While many are citing other cars from different segments in the brezzas price range(specially the top end variant), there are a few things to consider.
1) Sedans while available are largely city cars. There ground clearance makes them largely good road vehicles only. Plus space and parking constraints rule them out for many.
2) most mid size SUVs in this price range have poor built quality(seltos/creta), issues with reliability and resale(kushaq/taigun), or have turbo engines whose long term viability and reliability is questionable.
3) Brezza's peers are either old(wrv), come with a lazy amt(Nexon/xuv300), have average built quality(sonet and venue) or don't provide a fuss free ownership(tata, somewhat Mahindra too).
The brezza top automatic variant, at 15-17(depending on the city) on road, seems somewhat logical, given how the market currently is. I know it's overpriced, but the 6 airbag need means I would never dare buy a 2 airbag variant, as the car will see some highway use at one point or the other.
Keep it for a few years and sell it.

Last edited by abhi_ank : 18th July 2022 at 18:17.
abhi_ank is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 19:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
3) Brezza's peers are either old(wrv), come with a lazy amt(Nexon/xuv300), have average built quality(sonet and venue) or don't provide a fuss free ownership(tata, somewhat Mahindra too).
The brezza top automatic variant, at 15-17(depending on the city) on road, seems somewhat logical, given how the market currently is.
Agree with your views. IMO, if someone is particular about a Petrol powered (NA) compact SUV, they will likely choose Brezza over the other options.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:31   #120
BHPian

Quote:

I guess many of us are in a similar situation.

I have a booking for a Brezza Zxi AT, but i want to test drive the car before dropping it from consideration. I did test drive the Honda City V CVT and found it be a very comfortable car. I am yet to book it though.

Only other consideration i have is for the Hyryder/ Grand Vitara. If their respective S or Delta AT versions are close to 15lakhs on the road in Bangalore, i am planning to choose one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks