Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 12:08   #151
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
Please share which car have you finalized and why. I too am considering between Brezza, 4th gen City and Nexon. Do you know the real world fuel efficieny of these cars? Is there a thread which has the mileage details of cars
Brezza is out. It's a toss-up between a new 5th Gen City V-CVT (booked one) or my friend's used 4th Gen City VX-CVT (will be getting it checked from a known mechanic). Had booked Vitara too when it launched, so will visit a showroom and take a look.

And here's a thread to track fuel efficiency claimed by our forum members: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...iency-349.html (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)
Old 26th July 2022, 12:16   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Brezza is out. It's a toss-up between a new 5th Gen City V-CVT (booked one)l[/url]
Great choice you made here. The Honda City is one of the best as far as sedans go in this price bracket. The Brezza is a good choice for those who prefer an SUV with all the bells and whistles along with excellent mileage.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:28   #153
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Suggestions sought for a Sub 4 meter car with good ground clearance for my wife with following preferences:

Usage: City: Highway ( 80:20)
Automatic
Sunroof: not a priority, can be compromised
Suspension / comfort / handling top priority over other fancy less usable features.
Rear camera must , preferably with adaptive guidelines.
Price < 15 L

Currently she's driving i20 elite Asta Diesel ( M)
Kindly suggest a suitable upgrade / variant.

My shortlists:

1. Brezza
2. Sonet
3. Venue

Thanks.....

Last edited by ankushbansal : 28th July 2022 at 11:34.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:43   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Suggestions sought for a Sub 4 meter car with good ground clearance for my wife with following preferences:

Automatic
Suspension / comfort / handling top priority over other fancy less usable features.
Price < 15 L

My shortlists:

1. Brezza
2. Sonet
3. Venue

Thanks.....
Go for the Sonet Diesel AT HTX Variant eyes closed, excellent engine and gearbox combo with the 1.5 litre Diesel engine with torque converter AT gearbox as seen in much bigger cars like the Seltos, Alcazar and Elantra producing 113 bhp of power and 250 nm of torque. Moreover Sunroof. good ride and handling, instant torque on tap, excellent fuel efficiency, 4 airbags, ESC, Hill Hold Control, Brake Assist, Traction Control, Drive Modes. You won't regret your purchase.

The only issue is the questionable safety (NCAP rating) but considering your high city usage, that won't be much of an issue.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 18:12   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

New Brezza vs competitors

CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:55   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Automatic
Price < 15 L

My shortlists:

1. Brezza
2. Sonet
3. Venue
I see your location as Panipat. So NGT rules will be applicable in your case. So stay clear of diesel options. NGT is a mad bull and you never know what's next. Already there are talks of banning all diesel vehicles as part of GRAP4 level guidelines.

Now coming to the petrol ones, there is very little to differentiate between Sonet and Venue. Automatic means you will be getting DCT gearbox. While it's fun, park a FD of 2L for future if you opt for DCT option.

Personally, I will opt for Brezza primarily because of TC gearbox. Agreed the performance may not be the best but your driving pattern is 80% in city and knowing Panipat, it means average speed of 30kmph. The only challenge that you may face is that whether Brezza has that oomph factor for looks and feel inside. In my family, Sonet is a hit with ladies owing to the vibe of the car.

An outside option may be i20 CVT if you are open to low slung cars. It has good vibe inside and CVT gearbox means that you stay clear of DCT gremlins.

Good luck and keep us updated with what car you finally opt for.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:18   #157

Hello Bhpians

Have been lurking for a while now, finally my first post!!

I had booked a Brezza ZXI plus MT but wifey wants to cancel it and go for Grand Vitara Alpha ( without AWD). Cos of the panaromic sunroof ��. For me safety is top priority and we'll be driving it mostly in city around 500 km per month. Kindly suggest if I should go ahead and cancel Brezza or not?
msingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msingh View Post
Hello Bhpians

I had booked a Brezza ZXI plus MT but wifey wants to cancel it and go for Grand Vitara Alpha ( without AWD). Cos of the panaromic sunroof. For me safety is top priority and we'll be driving it mostly in city around 500 km per month. Kindly suggest if I should go ahead and cancel Brezza or not?
Based on appearances The Grand Vitara is a promising product. I can't speak for the driving experience or suspension
behavior, but the Grand Vitara's panoramic sunroof is a huge plus. As far as safety is concerned, I think the Grand Vitara will also be a safer car just like the Brezza because they are both on the same platform.

The Grand Vitara has a better road presence, but the alpha will cost at least 2L more than the Brezza zxi plus.
Old 31st July 2022, 08:52   #159
BHPian

Would Brezza Automatic be a good choice for my dad who is in his mid sixties? This will be his first automatic, after having driven a manual for all of his driving lifetime. His usage will be low- the car will spend most of its time in our parking lot than on the road. He’s not an enthusiastic driver, and doesn’t care if the car goes from 0-60 in 5 seconds or 10.

The budget is around 15L ex-showroom Bangalore. He’s keen on 360-degree camera which the Brezza ZXI+ offers.
Old 31st July 2022, 11:05   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Brezza is out. It's a toss-up between a new 5th Gen City V-CVT (booked one) or my friend's used 4th Gen City VX-CVT (will be getting it checked from a known mechanic). [/url]
Just in case you are not aware the Honda City 4th Gen is also available (2 variants) for sale. The dealers don't talk about it unless explicity asked since it is about 2 lakhs cheaper OTR.
I have taken test drives of both Brezza and Honda City with with my mom in back seat. Suprisingly I found Brezza more comfortable. The seating is more upright is Brezza while you have to recline in City which I guess isn't good for back. Ingress/egress is better in Brezza as well. Also bad patches of road also are more felt honda city (confirmed by my mom in back seat). Am I missing/gone wrong somewhere? Has anyone felt this way or I am the lone one with this reading?
I do agree the City's petrol motor is better than that of Brezza but Brezza's is not bad either.
Old 31st July 2022, 13:47   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
Just in case you are not aware the Honda City 4th Gen is also available (2 variants) for sale. The dealers don't talk about it unless explicity asked since it is about 2 lakhs cheaper OTR.
I have taken test drives of both Brezza and Honda City with with my mom in back seat. Suprisingly I found Brezza more comfortable. The seating is more upright is Brezza while you have to recline in City which I guess isn't good for back. Ingress/egress is better in Brezza as well. Also bad patches of road also are more felt honda city (confirmed by my mom in back seat). Am I missing/gone wrong somewhere? Has anyone felt this way or I am the lone one with this reading?
I do agree the City's petrol motor is better than that of Brezza but Brezza's is not bad either.
We are looking for an automatic car. So a new 4th gen was out already. I’ve discussed my bit here (2022 Maruti Brezza Review), and we’ve booked a 5th Gen V CVT.

Also, the Maruti dealer in Bangalore is saying the TD car will come in after 10 days only. And most reviews say this particular tune of engine is laggard compared to the old one. I don’t want to miss out on power because we do a lot of highway drives. And except my wife and dog, we usually have no other occupants.
Old 31st July 2022, 21:54   #162

An update and a request for views: I had a showroom visit for walkthru of the Brezza and had a pleasant surprise. Here in Chennai, no dealer had a demo car available until yesterday but the dealer I went had allowed for test drives unofficially without registering the demo car. The test drive went good. I liked the smoothness of the engine - albeit it felt more like a 1.2 engine rather than a 1.5 engine. Overall it behaved more like a bigger hatchback. As is the norm, the demo car was a ZXI+. Some points from the test drive:
1. I had driven the older K15B Brezza; this felt less punchier (as everyone has told so).
2. Gear shifting was smooth.
3. Bigger and nicer 9 inch infotainment system.
4. Display of the Smart Hybrid system in action on the display was cool.
5. HUD was not great for my driving position; but was Ok.
6. Not a lot can be adjusted using the Tilt and telescoping Steering adjustment; but its ok.
7. Interiors felt a bit darker (my current car is i10 that has a beige interiors and so feels more illuminated).
8. I didnt find a lot of noise that came thru to the cabin past 3000 RPM <as a lot of reviews say so>.
9. Suspension felt a bit stiff for my liking.

I am intended in booking an LXI. The only thing that stops me to go change my pre-booking to LXI from ZXI is the absence of rear seat headrest. Without headrest, even a 5 footer will struggle to keep their head upright. The showroom had a display vehicle of LXI. Interestingly, on the back seat under the cloth in the place where the headrests holes would be there, I felt the holes were present and were purposefully not being displayed to the naked eye (by stitching the fabric seat cover over it). But when I checked with the SM, he checked with the accessories team but they said that the holes werent present (according to MSIL). Can someone help me if I am overthinking this as a big concern than what it is? If anyone has taken delivery of the LXI version, what are the options that we have in hand for retrofitting a rear headrest?
Old 1st August 2022, 14:39   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_pec007 View Post
what are the options that we have in hand for retrofitting a rear headrest?
Almost all prominent aftermarket accessory dealers fabricate new rear backrest with the proper inserts for the headrests and replace it with the original. You can even opt for a 60:40 split instead of a single unit.
KebabBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:24   #164

I was planning to get extra foam added to the seats (not the front seats cos I've opted for ZXI+) and increase the under thigh support as well.

Would you guys suggest getting this modification done? Will it void warranty?

Please suggest some good places to get this done in Delhi / Gurgaon
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:06   #165
BHPian

I am deciding between 2022 Brezza AT Vxi and 2020 Urban Cruiser (UC) Premium AT. Cost is currently comparable between these two, given the discounts on the latter. And after doing a comparison between their features, I found some of the important things that the new Brezza has include:

a) A 6 speed TC vs a 4 speed one on UC
b) ESP vs ABS/EBD on UC
c) Kb15C vs KB15B on UC

Other things including LEDs/Sound etc. can be managed I think.

So I wanted to ask what will be a good pick of these 2 cars if one were to buy today?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks