Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 15:51   #241
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Brezza MT owners! what is the instantaneous mileage shown on MID while cruising ~100 Kmph? Really difficult to do these speeds in Delhi during TD!

I am stuck between MT and AT.My use case is 90% weekend drives(~200Km) and 10% city drives.

ZXi MT is available. Dealers aren't saying anything concrete about AT version.

Help will be appreciated!
It mostly depends on whether you prefer to go for MT or AT. I drove on NH 48 from Surat to Mumbai and then again on Mumbai Pune Expressway with my AT.
As pointed out by BHPian SandyGordon "It responds poorly to sharp throttle inputs, but works wonderfully if you caress the throttle and plan your overtakes."
My FE figures have posted and also my review.
hope this helps.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 15:31   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Brezza MT owners! what is the instantaneous mileage shown on MID while cruising ~100 Kmph?
Haven't noted it exactly at 100kmph, but a 100ish kms round trip with 5 in the car while cruising at 90-95 kmph gave a mileage of ~18kmpl in my MT. This is after first service, at around 2200 kms on the odo. You can extrapolate expected mileage figures from there.

Quote:
I am stuck between MT and AT.My use case is 90% weekend drives(~200Km) and 10% city drives.
Looking at your use case, will say go for MT. ZXI has cruise control, which would suit the 90% weekend drive just fine. City drive of 10% does not justify the 1.5L premium you have to pay for AT, and then there is the additional (unknown) waiting period as well.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 16:42   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
I found the same on a Nexon manual 2021 second top (petrol) model
Now that I come to think of it, I found a similar occurrence when test driving a Safari Diesel. The salesman informed me that the service for the test vehicle was long due and some rude customers had recently abused it, which was evident from the dead horn feedback on the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Is it a vibration or a jerky forward motion experienced mostly right after a cold start?
Its more of a rough vibration, as if the components in the linkage mechanisms are generating friction - like mechanical gears grinding. The pedal doesn't vibrate or rattle but I can feel the vibrations propagating through it when pressing or de-pressing it.
Old 18th September 2022, 02:43   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
In city driving with mostly bumper to bumper traffic with AC on getting FE of 14.9.
Highway driving got FE of 20.9.
Have driven about 1500 kms so far and now will get good FE as getting used to the hybrid system.
Please do give some tips for improving the FE. In city traffic I知 getting max 8 kmpl with gentle throttle. I知 confused because I expected at least 10-12 kmpl.
autohead19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 02:47   #245

Hello Everyone,

Have been following this thread right from the time I booked my Brezza ZXI+ AT.

I wanted to get a Sub-Compact SUV for myself and my wife as roads and traffic in Chennai have become really bad.

It all started when my brother took my Creta to Bangalore and I was left using his Swift. It was rainy day and I was driving in traffic for almost an hour with the roads flooded and my legs aching so badly from driving the swift. And just for your reference this is a 2021 model Manual dual jet car. This is the moment when I decided to get a new car and give the Swift away. I am 6'2 and I'am on the healthy side so didn't have too many options in the market at the 12 to 13 lakh price point.

I was very clear that I wanted a proper CVT or a Torque Converter long term car that I can atleast use for the next 6 to 7 years without any issues and AMT was definately a NO for me. Was reluctant about the Dual Clutch as well owing to its long term reliability issues. Heres how my search started.

Option 1 : Nissan Magnite : The automatic was good and it had a descent feature list but somehow I could not agree to spend 13 lakhs on this. The engine was really noisy and the car somehow lacked the refinement one would expect from a 13 lakh rupee car. Last year this car was at around 11.50 lakhs and I still felt it did not justify the Price Increase.

Option 2 : Kia Sonet : Good Car with a very good feature list. Loved the drive reminded me of the Creta. Front seats were super comfy for my height but once I had the seat set to my height it was impossible even for a small sized adult to sit behind me. Then the waiting period which was about 3 months. This made me rule out the Sonet.

Option 3 : Renault Kiger : Felt the drive better than the Magnite somehow. Interiors also felt nice and roomy. My wife liked the car and the sales team was super friendly. Took a test drive and really liked it. They were offering me a good discount and it kinda ticked all the boxes. Suspension felt way better than the Magnite. The only let down here again was the Noisy Engine and miss on a few safety features that were there on the Magnite. Also surprisingly noticed a few rattles on the new TD vehicle that had only run about 2000 KM. Still overall as a package liked the Kiger for what it had to offer. Renault had a few colour options in Stock and promised delivery within a week of booking. After 2 days of thought and discussions went ahead and booked the RXZ O in Silver on the 6th of September. Wanted the Red but it had a waiting of about a month so went ahead with the silver. The lack of refinement and the bad service stories of Renault was still hitting me behind my head. As mentioned earlier was looking for a car that I don't have to worry about for the next 6 to 7 years and the long term reliability of the Kiger was still a question for me.

Option 4 : Honda City : I know this is no compact SUV and yes this was after I booked the Kiger. This was a car that was being recommended by all my friends and people I knew when I told them I am buying a car. Went and checked the city and the car felt really comfortable. Was a bit low for my liking but the overall comfort and the strong Honda IVTEC and CVT combo was impressive. I was confused again. My wife and family also liked the city and this was costing around 16 Lakhs OTR chennai for the V-CVT version. The sales team also were again really friendly and promptly followed up on things. Still did not want to take the jump as I was not fully convinced with idea of buying a sedan.

Option 5 : Maruti Brezza : Okay this is the fun part. Checked the reviews of the new Brezza and the pricing. I like everyone else judged it without seeing or driving it. The price was also way above the budget that I initially decided and I didn't even want to check this out. So a friend of mine asked to get my Swift evaluated at one of the True Value's so took my car there and was getting it evaluated ( Renault and everyone else were offering a really low price). This is when I first saw the Brezza ZXI+ AT in Red and Black. Trust me the car looked big and stunning. I couldn't stop myself from checking it out and asked the sales person if I can see the vehicle. He immediately asked me to take a TD and arranged everything in a minute. I had driven the old brezza and wasn't a big fan of the 1.5L NA that Maruti offered. However everything changed when I started driving the vehicle. The refinement levels were supreme. The steering was really light ( I somehow felt the Honda had a slightly heavy steering for city traffic). The suspension felt way better and the car overall felt nothing like the old Brezza. Its not an enthusiast choice but is very practical. The strong after sales Maruti has to offer, The tried and tested NA 1.5L engine that is now made better with dual jet, Strong and reliable torque converter and the most important of all the super strong Re-Sale of Suzukis strongly pushed me towards stretching more from the initial budget I had thought of.

My Observations :
1. Really nice to drive around in the bumper to bumper traffic in the city.
2. Steering felt nice and easy to drive.
3. By far the best AT that Maruti has offered in the Indian Market.
4. Height is really good. Even though it had a Sunroof it doesn't effect you in anyway.
5. Really nice driving position. Was giving a commanding view. My wife is 5'5 and she
was finding it easy to drive in the city because of the driving position.
6. Rear space is okay. Not all that great but is descent when I adjust the front seat to my
driving position.
7. Features : Had everything that one can ask for from a car at this price point. Please
don't compare it with Hyundai's and Kia's. Except for the Ventilated seats and TPMS
Maruti has thrown in every feature that customer's today are looking for.

Went back home after the TD. My wife was furious at me for even checking so many cars after we actually booked the Kiger. But she also liked the Brezza way better than all the other cars that we checked including the Kiger. So the next day I went to the showroom with my wife. The sales person insisted we come over and I also wanted to close on the SWIFT and finalise the price. The sales person welcomed us and directly took us into the showroom. I was talking about the price they had to offer for my Swift and casually asked him when would I get a Brezza ZXI Plus Automatic if I booked one now. He asked me for the colour and I said Red/Black. He told he can arrange it in 2 months and opened the system and showed me the bookings for each colour. Red/Black ZXI Plus AT had about 10 bookings and only one car was delivered. Every colour of this variant had a booking except for Silver Single tone. The SA asked us to check the silver colour a VXI was getting ready to be delivered. My wife liked it and convinced me that it would be easy to maintain. I met the SA and told him that I had made a booking for the KIGER and would book the Brezza only if he can deliver it to me by the end of the month. He assured that if I book the silver since I would be the first in the list he can get the vehicle delivered.

Went ahead and made the booking on the 12th of August after a lot of thinking. Was following up with the SA on daily basis to check if the vehicle was alloted and dispatched. Around 21 the SA was like automatic cars are not being dispatched by Suzuki and is trying his best. I had decided that if I could not get the car by the end of the month I will go ahead and get the Kiger. I still did not cancel the booking and requested Renault SA time till the end of the month to which they agreed. Finally I get a call on the 22nd of August from the SA saying the car was alloted and dispatched and will reach Chennai by the 2nd of September.

I finally had my car delivered on the 8th of September. Truly impressed by the MSA team in Chennai for meeting their promise and delivering a car that is in such high demand on time.
rah1555 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 09:53   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
Please do give some tips for improving the FE. In city traffic I知 getting max 8 kmpl with gentle throttle. I知 confused because I expected at least 10-12 kmpl.
* Generally with the new Brezza AT I usually do not press the accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic when the traffic moves and you have to move as people behind are honking. The new hybrid takes about ten to twenty secs before the power starts so slowly caress the accelerator and move ahead.
* Also while stopping you will have to gradually brake keeping a safe distance from the car ahead of you (Trust me had a tough time since this is my first AT as have driven MT since last 30+ yrs) so the battery takes over and the engine switches off.
* The crawl feature of Brezza is your + point as just slowly releasing the brake pedal the car gradually crawls at @ 2kmps speed so you don't have to press the accelerator as again you may have to brake.
* The A/C temp is kept at 24ー so that also helps.

All the best and hope this helps you.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 10:29   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1555 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Have been following this thread right from the time I booked my Brezza ZXI+ AT.

I wanted to get a Sub-Compact SUV for myself and my wife as roads and traffic in Chennai have become really bad.

I finally had my car delivered on the 8th of September. Truly impressed by the MSA team in Chennai for meeting their promise and delivering a car that is in such high demand on time.
Congratulations on your new car and hope it gives you a niggle free experience.

I too am planning to book ZXi but the manual variant. The thing that has been bugging me is that I am being forced to take 15 K accessories and another aprox. 21 K extended warranty. Also I have been given a quote of 43 K for insurance which I believe is absurd.

Would you mind sharing the breakup of the invoice that you paid for the car.
Old 18th September 2022, 11:02   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
I too am planning to book ZXi but the manual variant. The thing that has been bugging me is that I am being forced to take 15 K accessories and another aprox. 21 K extended warranty. Also I have been given a quote of 43 K for insurance which I believe is absurd.

* Best to check out what accessories are being give for 15K - you can always refuse saying you will get it done later.
* Extended warranty a must as per me so take your call.
* For insurance check online with the price of the car and you will get an estimate.
Old 18th September 2022, 12:57   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
The following is for my White ZXI MT that I booked and got from Rohan Motors, Mohan Coop Ind. Estate, Mathura Road, Delhi.

Base Price: Rs. 10,97,363
Extended Warranty (5yr/1lac km): Rs. 18,738

They were pushing an insurance quote of Rs. 49, 387 from Royal Sundaram but we did not want that due to a past incident - it was a serious pain dealing with them for a claim on our Alto that got stolen. So we switched to IFFCO-TOKIO, all our cars after the Alto have been insured with them.

They were also pushing an Accessories Package worth Rs. 17,109. I did want some accessories to spruce up the car a bit but I did not opt for their preset package - (Carpet Mats, Divinity, Car care kit, etc.). I could see the lady at the accessories counter getting a bit pissed when I straight up refused any options she was explaining

Instead, I opted for specific accessories (Fog Lamps, Illuminated Door Sill Guards, Door Visors, Floor Mats - because rains, Window Frame Chrome, Number Plate Cover, and some more...) and the total amount exceeded the given quote - the balance was paid on top of it.

Also, the Rs. 11,000 booking amount is adjusted in the final amount paid to the showroom ofc.

Hope it helps.
KebabBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 14:31   #250

Quote:
* Generally with the new Brezza AT I usually do not press the accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic when the traffic moves and you have to move as people behind are honking. The new hybrid takes about ten to twenty secs before the power starts so slowly caress the accelerator and move ahead.
* Also while stopping you will have to gradually brake keeping a safe distance from the car ahead of you (Trust me had a tough time since this is my first AT as have driven MT since last 30+ yrs) so the battery takes over and the engine switches off.
* The crawl feature of Brezza is your + point as just slowly releasing the brake pedal the car gradually crawls at @ 2kmps speed so you don't have to press the accelerator as again you may have to brake.
* The A/C temp is kept at 24ー so that also helps.

All the best and hope this helps you.
Thank you so much. I値l definitely try this out.
Although it痴 worth mentioning in Kolkata, the max speed in my daily travel is around 30-40 kmph. In fact 70% of the journey is spent the range of 0-20 kmph. I guess this has an effect on the poor FE.
autohead19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 15:43   #251
BHPian

The waiting times in Kolkata are insane. I booked mine, a ZXI+ AT, in the third week of July from OSL. Was promised delivery by end of August. I received a call a few days ago stating that the delivery will probably not take place before Diwali. Very annoying.
abhi_ank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 16:21   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
The waiting times in Kolkata are insane. I booked mine, a ZXI+ AT, in the third week of July from OSL. Was promised delivery by end of August. I received a call a few days ago stating that the delivery will probably not take place before Diwali. Very annoying.
Do share the details of your dealership and booking. I booked from Bhandari Gariahat on July 10th and received delivery 3 days ago. I had to compromise on colour although I知 not complaining. Turns out, I知 one of the first few people with the ZXI+ AT in the city!
Old 18th September 2022, 17:28   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. I値l definitely try this out.
Although it痴 worth mentioning in Kolkata, the max speed in my daily travel is around 30-40 kmph. In fact 70% of the journey is spent the range of 0-20 kmph. I guess this has an effect on the poor FE.
You will achieve good FE figures as the Brezza is specially made for city conditions also the engine response once about 1000 kms are over and you have gone for the 1st service but If I may suggest do go for a long highway drive if possible. This way you will get the feel of the hybrid and will help in achieving the fuel economy you would like in your traffic conditions.
Old 18th September 2022, 17:50   #254

Quote:
You will achieve good FE figures as the Brezza is specially made for city conditions also the engine response once about 1000 kms are over and you have gone for the 1st service but If I may suggest do go for a long highway drive if possible. This way you will get the feel of the hybrid and will help in achieving the fuel economy you would like in your traffic conditions.
Would you suggest a highway drive before 1000 km itself? My current odometer reading is merely 107 km.
Old 18th September 2022, 18:58   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Would you suggest a highway drive before 1000 km itself? My current odometer reading is merely 107 km.
Yes also please read my post of 4th September in this section. Only take care not to floor the accelerator. Keeping speeds of @ 80kmps you will be able to enjoy the drive and the car

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks