Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 08:35   #406
BHPian

Re: Trying to tap into some alternative thought process

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_anand View Post

We have to see the grey car in the garage either today or tomorrow.
1. How you find the deal?
2. Is it a good bargain?
1: Deal sounds fair for a 15 year old car.

2: Brezza is a good car, and getting it with a discount + free accessories acts like a sweetener!

3: Grey IMHO is the best color for the Brezza, as it hides the excessive side cladding !

If the brezza fits your requirements , you can go ahead with it

Alternatively, if your running ain’t very high (less than 5k annually) you could use the SX4 for a couple of years more.
Eco_boost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 17:18   #407

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Hey Guys thanks for the responses

Some of the things answered (which you guys have already deciphered) -

1. @Pavi & @ACMerchant My SX4 is petrol and the very first engine (DOHC). We bought it in the 3rd month itself of the launch (Old Baleno was my choice but SX4 just swept us away) - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/2011126.cms

2. Congrats ACMerchant for the Silky Smooth Zxi+AT. We also test drove the ZXi+AT (new model) as the old one was not available (limited number of cars) and it's just lovely.

3. Today we went to the stockyard and checked the Dark Grey. Wifey said it has enough dark material so did not want the top painted black. So, after talking to guy he suggested to replace the painting with seat covers and some cladding (without any fuss or request).

4. We saw the silver and white but Wifey has been driving a white SX4 for a good 13 years so wanted a different color.

5. @Pavi Yes the engine is lack luster on paper but the automatic gives enough power for normal city driving (which is the primary use). For the Highways we have our Choclatey Scorpio (and this being the Vanilla of our Eye). Probably a tuned down engine for AMT to also keep the fuel efficiency sufficiently attractive (at least on paper).

6. @Eco_boost Brezza is a great fit. There is nothing wrong with the SX4 but now with the influx of so many cars getting a good price for very old cars is becoming a nightmare. Cars24 was showing 26-30k for the car (shhhh don't tell anyone)
7. By the way a point to note (which I also was surprised) -
The model we saw has 215/60 R16 95H
Another car (which my friend owns and is the same model) has the rating of 205/60 R16 92H

Is my inference correct or the tyres on Brezza are now changed to 215/60 R16 and earlier models had 205/60 R16?

8. Lets hope the entire process completes smoothly.

Thanks for your responses and wud to love hear from you guys.
In fact I have an issue with my Scorpio but will post in another post. Need some serious debugging there
yash_anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 12:44   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgouda View Post
Hi HummerH,

As per media reports, i see by end of Aug , they had 1Lakh bookings for brezza.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...tails/2647767/

Their monthly sales report says :

July - 9,700
Aug - 15,193
Sept - 15,445
Oct - 15,000 (estimate)
Nov - 15,000 (estimate)
Dec - 15,000 (estimate)

So i see, to clear the bookings made till end of Aug , it may go beyond Dec. Even if there are cancellations and high production , at max delivery may happen by Dec end.

Even i am waiting since 2 months now (booked MT ZXI on 3rd Sept).

Its quite possible that with production/delivery starting for Grand vitara , brezza delivery may slow down.
Hi @HummerH , @Snowflakes .

October sales have dropped to 9941 . Where as vitara sales is 8K in same month. So it indicates, may be maruti is prioritizing vitara over brezza. It means , longer wait.
Also media reports say , by end of October combined booking order of brezza and vitara stands at over 2L . So it only indicates longer waiting period ..

Given that we are at year end and also due to E20 petrol incompatibility, i am thinking of delaying buying brezza...
hgouda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 23:34   #409
BHPian

Quote:

October sales have dropped to 9941 . Where as vitara sales is 8K in same month. So it indicates, may be maruti is prioritising vitara over brezza. It means , longer wait.
Hi hgouda, yeah . Even I was seeing October dispatch data in the morning today. Unfortunately our optimistic assumptions have gone for a toss.

November delivery for me is only a very distant chance now. Even I am getting suggestions to postpone taking delivery to 2023 Jan as It's approaching year end.

Really not sure how much privilege a customer has in current market condition to skip an allotment and move down the wait list.

I am also not sure how it really benefits as the product itself is not going to change by 2 months except the manufacturing month/Year and I am going to keep it long-term.May be it matters while reselling, - selling it as a 2022 vehicle if I get delivery this month vs as 2023 Model if I get it in January.

Unfortunately I can't wait long as I have already sold my previous car and my family is beating me up for for giving away the car so early without getting the new car.
Old 8th November 2022, 09:43   #410
BHPian

Can the new Brezza tolerate E20 petrol? Any mention in the manuals? I have booked a ZXI AT and been reading about this E20 rollout fast tracking with some concern. I need a car badly and cant wait till Mar/Apr 2023 when Maruti is promising to make all its vehicles E20 compatible.
Old 8th November 2022, 11:17   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_anand View Post

7. By the way a point to note (which I also was surprised) -
The model we saw has 215/60 R16 95H
Another car (which my friend owns and is the same model) has the rating of 205/60 R16 92H

Is my inference correct or the tyres on Brezza are now changed to 215/60 R16 and earlier models had 205/60 R16?
I checked all the tyres of the current gen Brezza directly in the showroom. All tyres (including the steel spare) were 215/60 R16s. And yes, the 205s might be previous gen Vitara Brezza's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Can the new Brezza tolerate E20 petrol? Any mention in the manuals? I have booked a ZXI AT and been reading about this E20 rollout fast tracking with some concern. I need a car badly and cant wait till Mar/Apr 2023 when Maruti is promising to make all its vehicles E20 compatible.
I don't think you need to worry too much about that. Yes, the current gen Brezza is not E20 compatible as per all I've heard and read so far. But you can be assured that most sizable petrol filling stations are going to sell the current + E20 petrol side by side for the next 10-12 years at least. You might need to exhibit caution while filling up every time though.

Last edited by Small Bot : 8th November 2022 at 11:27. Reason: To multi-quote
Small Bot is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 15:52   #412
BHPian

Quote:

October sales have dropped to 9941 . Where as vitara sales is 8K in same month.
Yeah they have definitely prioritized Vitara over Brezza. As I have a Vitara booking and Nexa delaer is ready to offer any variant within a week.

Today followed up with Mandovi and told them I will be cancelling my booking if I don't get a delivery by next couple of weeks. Previous promised date was 10th of Nov. They have requested time till end of this week.

At this point I am not thinking of E20 or year end model as any delay in purchase will push delivery again by another 4-6 months.
Old 8th November 2022, 16:08   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
Yeah they have definitely prioritized Vitara over Brezza. As I have a Vitara booking and Nexa delaer is ready to offer any variant within a week.

Today followed up with Mandovi and told them I will be cancelling my booking if I don't get a delivery by next couple of weeks. Previous promised date was 10th of Nov. They have requested time till end of this week.

At this point I am not thinking of E20 or year end model as any delay in purchase will push delivery again by another 4-6 months.
I booked Brezza LXI only last month, ie, October 24th, Pratham Motors, HSR Layout, Bangalore, and he has promised me that I will be getting my vehicle by this month end itself (Nov 2022). According to the news report, the waiting period for LXI model is 35 to 48 weeks. Now, I am really perplexed whether Pratham motors is taking me for a ride as I am exchanging my Ford Aspire Diesel and they have asked me to hand over the vehicle this month end itself before delivery, and I will be left without a vehicle, without assurance of delivery of the new one.
Old 8th November 2022, 16:36   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion41 View Post
I booked Brezza LXI only last month, ie, October 24th, Pratham Motors, HSR Layout, Bangalore, and he has promised me that I will be getting my vehicle by this month end itself (Nov 2022). According to the news report, the waiting period for LXI model is 35 to 48 weeks. Now, I am really perplexed whether Pratham motors is taking me for a ride as I am exchanging my Ford Aspire Diesel and they have asked me to hand over the vehicle this month end itself before delivery, and I will be left without a vehicle, without assurance of delivery of the new one.
Hi ,

Delivery in a month seems to be impossible. See the statistics i have put out in my earlier posts. As per my estimates, the latest waiting period is 4-5 months. If they are giving it early, then the customer is lucky person.
hgouda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:13   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Here's page 423 from the 2022 Brezza's manual. It says no more than 10% ethanol. I don't own this car but found the manual here:
https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...M66T00-74E.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-brezza-2022p-423.png  

landeater is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:05   #416
BHPian

Quote:
I will be left without a vehicle, without assurance of delivery of the new one.
My suggestion would be to hold on to your car till they confirm your new car is in their stockyard. As hgouda pointed you will be a very lucky man to get it in 1 month if they keep their word
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 19:20   #417

Quote:
Until you see Brezza and do PDI check, dont handover your vehicle to them. If you do it before, you will be locked with them. Mandovi promised to deliver within 6-8 weeks. Its been 10 weeks now, now news.
hgouda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 19:24   #418
BANNED

New Brezza CNG 2022 spotted in dealer stock yard
Old 9th November 2022, 19:42   #419
BANNED

2022 Brezza misses on:

1. Traction Control or Anti- Slip Regulation (ASR)
2. Hydraulic/Mechanical Brake Assist
3. Electronic Differential Lock
4. Motor Slip Regulation

Magnite gets 1 and 2.
Kushaq gets all 4.
Old 11th November 2022, 22:58   #420
BHPian

Bought home this beauty this week. Updates soon!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221027wa0044.jpg  

abhi_ank is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks