Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 21:34   #511

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highryder View Post
Thanks. I selected the appropriate model code and was able to obtain update.pkg file.

For the folks who updated via USB drive, where did you find the two files mentioned in the discussion? The update.pkg that I was asked to download isn't recognized by the console.
*Update* : Went ahead to try manually with the .pkg file for the T0 model code and it worked!

I'm now able to use wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

Thanks ACMerchant and cr4nkshaft for providing the necessary info needed.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_6928.jpeg
highryder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:09   #512

Hi All, I am trying to install Latest software version 66T0.05.00 from Smart Play pro connect app to the car (software is downloaded in the app).

While installing it gives following error:
Software Update download failed
Error code: 001-0001

Can anyone please help me to understand how to over ome this hurdle? Thanks!
Old 14th December 2022, 00:26   #513
BHPian

Hoping this helps anyone having queries regarding the WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO/APPLE CARPLAY update.
(SPS - SmartPlay Pro Sync App / IU - Infotainment Unit)

Update confirmed for ZXI (software ver. 66T0.04) and ZXI+ (software ver. 66TA.04).

2 ways to update:
1. via SmartPlay Pro Sync App
2. via USB

METHOD 1: SmartPlay Pro Sync App

> Install the app, connect your smartphone to IU with 2 connections - car WIFI and Bluetooth.
> WIFI can be accessed from 'Settings' > 'Device Settings' tab > Enable WIFI, tap on WIFI Settings to pair via QR or Password.
> Open SPS on phone, tap on the rectangle icon on IU under the 'Paired Devices' tab, it should turn from white to yellow and SPS should detect car on phone simultaneously.
> Connect to car, open 'Updates' Tab (with Mobile Data enabled since car WIFI is connected so no Internet) wait for it to detect the pending update.
> Once detected, disconnect phone, go to your internet-enabled WIFI and install the update to save time (and data). [PROTIP ]
> Once installed, return to car, reconnect SPS to IU and tap on 'INSTALL' under 'Updates' tab on SPS.
> Go through the pop-ups displayed and just... be patient because it WILL take time.
> First the setup will be transferred from phone to IU via SPS, once the transfer is complete, IU will run the actual installation, after another pop-up has been cleared.
> IU will reboot a couple of times and a final pop-up will notify of successful installation.

TIPS:

> Ensure phone is fully charged.
> Also ensure there are no interfering networks (either Bluetooth or WIFI), forget any saved connections on your phone that it might pick up mid-update.
> In general, just minimize any interferences on your device, refrain from switching apps, do NOT disturb the device as long as the data is being transferred, keep it in the center-console cubby under the IU.

METHOD 2: USB

> Go to https://www.global-infotainment-system.com/en/top.html (preferably on laptop/computer)
> Go to 'SOFTWARE UPDATE' tab and select the Model Code from dropdown (66T0 for Brezza ZXI and 66TA for Brezza ZXI+)
> Click on go to download page beside 66T0.04.00 or 66TA.04.00 as per your input.
> Click on 'Start Download'
> Extract the ''upgrade.pkg" file from the downloaded .zip file. (i)
> Run Notepad, click on 'File' then 'Save As' then name the file 'upgrade.bin' and save it on your computer/laptop. (ii)
> Run Notepad, click on 'File' then 'Save As' then name the file 'upgrade.json' and save it on your computer/laptop. (iii)
> Plug in your USB (preferable >8GB), go to File Explorer, right-click on USB, click on 'Format' after backing-up/transferring relevant data.
> After formatting, transfer the 3 upgrade files (i),(ii),(iii) to the USB without creating any folders.
> Eject the USB and plug it into the car in the designated USB slot under the IU.
> A pop-up will appear upon detecting the USB, showing the option to Update, mentioning the current version and the version in the USB.
> Proceed through the pop-ups as needed and again... just have patience.

TIPS:

> Ensure the USB is of 8GB or more (as recommended by MSIL) and is in good condition.
> Format the USB before transferring the 3 upgrade files.
> File names should end with .pkg .bin and .json, NOT .txt
> Ensure no objects are lying about in the center-console cubby that may obstruct or clash with the USB when slotted into the port.
> Do NOT pull the USB mid-transfer or when the update is being installed, just let it be till the update is installed successfully.
> Once updated, switch-off the car, wait for some time, start the car again, go to Paired Devices in IU, delete your saved device and reconnect it via Bluetooth. The pop-up for Wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay connectivity should appear.

TROUBLESHOOTING

> If SPS setup fails, disconnect phone, re-connect it to IU, if pop-up does not appear, go to 'Setting' in IU, head to 'System Info and Software Update' under the Device Settings tab where you checked the Software Version and tap on 'Software Update' option, it should trigger the popup to start the data transfer.
> If USB setup fails, format the USB again, transfer the 3 upgrade files again and proceed to re-install the update.
> Error code: 001-0001 means setup failed so rinse the repeat the above steps.

Just have patience, took me 3 tries, each lasting around 15 minutes :')
KebabBoi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 07:51   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Thanks for the updates and wish you early delivery. Pse give details post upgrading.
My SA at Pratham Motors, HSR Layout, Bangalore, informed me a few days ago that my car will be in transit within a day or two and he would call me to give me the VIN number of the same. Now, they are saying that the car was not in transit as there was some confusion with allocation and would therefore keep me informed as to when the transition will happen. I think MSIL wants to milk the customers starting new year with the new price hike and might have instructed dealers to stop delivering vehicles until next year, January 2023. I had raised a complaint with MSIL regarding the same, both via email and tweeter, but they did not respond or acknowledge, so I am going ahead with cancellation.
scorpion41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 09:07   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2389839

Got delivery of our Zxi AT White yesterday from Varun Motors, Bengaluru.
Staff there were helpful and PDI was thorough. They took some time to get the formalities done, but overall experience was decent.

Accessories department was pathetic (Maruti in general is very bad in handling MGA). Only got the mud flaps from them and won't be getting any cosmetic updates anytime soon.
Congratulations and welcome to the Brezza 2022 club
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 09:15   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Hoping this helps anyone having queries regarding the WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO/APPLE CARPLAY update.
(SPS - SmartPlay Pro Sync App / IU - Infotainment Unit)
[/b]
After choosing the right version (T0 in my case), I copied only the update.pkg file into an empty USB drive and the system found the update file automatically. The update took around 20 minutes for me.

So, I guess there's no real need to create multiple files by renaming the original file.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th December 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Please avoid quoting a whole long post. Thank you!
Old 14th December 2022, 11:44   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion41 View Post
I am going ahead with cancellation.
My interaction revealed that marriage season (gifts/dowry)is the main reason and may become normal later.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 12:31   #518
BHPian

Quote:
After choosing the right version (T0 in my case), I copied only the update.pkg file into an empty USB drive and the system found the update file automatically. The update took around 20 minutes for me.

So, I guess there's no real need to create multiple files by renaming the original file.
Good to know! That is exactly what I was wondering, it was strange to be required to manually add the .bin and .json files because they are usually present with the setup.
I added them as a precaution because the web-page instructions called for it.

Better safe than sorry I guess, because if the system glitches, to the service center it goes!

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot-49.png
Old 14th December 2022, 21:21   #519
BHPian

The LXI variant doesn’t get even a 2-DIN audio system. Or a day-night IRVM. Or rear headrests. For a million bucks, this is extremely cheap cost cutting. Shame, really.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 22:32   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
The LXI variant doesn’t get even a 2-DIN audio system. Or a day-night IRVM. Or rear headrests. For a million bucks, this is extremely cheap cost cutting. Shame, really.
Yes, it's actually a shame considering our 2016 WagonR Lxi was equipped with D/N IRVM, Rear headrest, Rear split folding seats which costed around Rs. 5 lakh at the time and the same are conspicuous by absence in our 2021 WagonR Lxi Cng which as of date is costing around Rs. 7 lakh.

Even the previous gen Brezza Lxi came with Music system if I'm not mistaken.

But the rear headrest is the worst cost cutting safety wise and comfort wise any manufacturer has done, it's not even like it's affected by chip shortage and I don't think it would cost more than a few hundred at the manufacturing cost.

Last edited by revvharder : 14th December 2022 at 22:38.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 22:52   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Brezza 2022 club
Thank you Glad to have found this community
highryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:04   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
My interaction revealed that marriage season (gifts/dowry)is the main reason and may become normal later.

Just now got a conference call from Pratham Motors, HSR Layout, along with all their team members. They are happy to go cancel the booking as they said they cannot deliver the vehicle this year. They also mentioned that the hike will be around 30 to 40K from next month. This is the main reason for not delivering the vehicles this month. However are getting them are the lucky ones this year. Others will have to suffer due to the cheap tactics of MSIL.
scorpion41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 14:12   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion41 View Post
They also mentioned that the hike will be around 30 to 40K from next month.
I am sure MSIL has better price point analysts than us, but honestly think this will deter prospects from Brezza.
It is a good product but was already slightly overpriced. Customer were okay with it considering the peace of mind that comes with owning a Maruti but another 30k hike might just push it in dangerous waters.
Old 16th December 2022, 17:36   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki has released a new OTA update for the Brezza and it now gets wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity as well as turn-by-turn navigation for the head-up display and the MID.
I tried the update using iOS and Android but the sync app fails to detect the car even though the Bluetooth & Wi-Fi are connected as instructed . The Bluetooth smart play app RCP icon doesn’t get enabled .
Looks like I will have to the USB setup.
Found this very good video by Shameer Akhtar useful
L
Old 16th December 2022, 17:52   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
I am sure MSIL has better price point analysts than us, but honestly think this will deter prospects from Brezza.
It is a good product but was already slightly overpriced. Customer were okay with it considering the peace of mind that comes with owning a Maruti but another 30k hike might just push it in dangerous waters.
They have added the navigation and wireless wifi to make a point. For E20 compliance and RDE norms they will definitely increase price. Part of the apparently escalated price of Brezza is only due to the engine size of 1.5 litre.
Question now, If there is a price increase in January including for Brezza, are we going to see another one in April 2023 for RDE norms ?
If the Baleno Cross comes with 1.0 litre turbo as per rumor, can't the same engine be used for Brezza atleast as an option. Power and Torque are in the similar range. This can make the Brezza cheaper by one lakh at least !

Most Viewed