Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 18:54   #526
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
I tried the update using iOS and Android but the sync app fails to detect the car even though the Bluetooth & Wi-Fi are connected as instructed . The Bluetooth smart play app RCP icon doesn’t get enabled .
Looks like I will have to the USB setup.
The app is buggy and I also faced the same issue of SmartPlay Pro Sync app not discovering my vehicle. SmartPlay Pro plus works superbly and so went the usb way to update. I finally uninstalled both the apps and now only have Suzuki Connect and Maruti Rewards app - both work seamlessly without crashing.

Try the usb way and for guidance you have my post no #495 and cr4nkshaft in his post no #497 for the update procedure.
All the best.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 20:04   #527

Done with my Brezza's OTA update. On my phone I can see that Android Auto is connected but I don't see the Android Auto icon on car's infotainment system. Is anyone else facing this issue?
Old 16th December 2022, 23:05   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msingh View Post
Done with my Brezza's OTA update. On my phone I can see that Android Auto is connected but I don't see the Android Auto icon on car's infotainment system. Is anyone else facing this issue?
Go to paired devices . You will find Android auto symbol there
Old 16th December 2022, 23:06   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msingh View Post
Switch off and after few minutes restart the car infotainment system. Also check if Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled in your phone for Android auto.
This should help you out.
Old 17th December 2022, 10:55   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latebloomer View Post
Go to paired devices . You will find Android auto symbol there
Done that already, it doesn't work..also tried deleting and pairing again.

Only thing that works is to start the engine again.
Old 18th December 2022, 11:48   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post

Attachment 2388880
Wireless carplay + wireless charging - confirmed!

Could NOT get the turn-by-turn navigation on HUD or instrument console screen.
Maybe this does need some driving around, I was just sitting idle in parking. Also, this might be android-only as of now.

@Latebloomer - did you get this working?
I come from Grand Vitara thread. The wireless carplay / Android auto and Navigation for HUD were already there and updated during delivery.

Turn by turn navigation is basically intersection guidance. You need to select a location in maps and turn on navigation to start showing it in the console / HUD. It won't show the entire map. It will show the next turn and the distance to it.

Go to HUD settings in the console and verify if intersection guidance is "ON" for it to be displayed.
itsmystyle07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 15:53   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
…Looks like I will have to the USB setup.
Tried the update using USB . Upgrade goes smoothly !
Maruti has done a good job getting this update in 5 months but a poor job of communicating this to owners .
Ravich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 22:20   #533
VIZ
BHPian

Hi, Does anyone know if there will be any reduction in price due to recent GST clarification on SUVs from government?
There are conflicting information in news portals. I checked with dealer and they are not aware of it either.
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:15   #534
BHPian

Finally I cancelled my booking after clueless waiting for more than 5 months at Kalyani Brookfield. I fell for a good deal on Honda WRV and have taken delivery within a week.

I wanted to inform Maruti about my cancellation after getting my car home. Though I had made all payment to Honda and it was a point of no return, I was just curious to check my luck - if I could get a Brezza allotment before I take the Honda home!! Coincidentally I did get a message from the sales manager of Maruti a day before delivery ( after weeks of silence) asking me if I want a VXI instead of LXI. Funny.

I was glad to reply him to keep his VXI and to cancel my booking. He said if I can wait I will get a LXI in Jan 23. He was then continuously following on my cancellation until I signed the cancellation form today. I also got a sms from Maruti.
If they did similar followup when my booking was active with them may be I would have waited. Anyway that's history now.

But, I wish happy motoring to all the current and prospective Brezza owners and wish the waiting period drastically comes down in 2023.
Switching over to WRV thread.....
HummerH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:20   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Does anyone know if there will be any reduction in price due to recent GST clarification on SUVs from government?
There are conflicting information in news portals. I checked with dealer and they are not aware of it either.
This is still a point of discussion in many news articles. Irrespective of if there is a reduction in GST I believe the rise in cost from Maruti in 2023 will even it out for the prospect buyers.

On the good side I finally got a call from my sales executive after lot of follow-ups and pressure from above that they would be receiving my Brezza Silver Dual Tone ZXi today or Saturday and that I should be all set. Keeping my fingers crossed.
sunbaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 17:38   #536
BHPian

My quick Brezza purchase update

I booked the ZXI+ AT variant on 19th August. Got it allotted on 8th December. Car reached dealership on 23rd December.
Today I did PDI, very satisfied overall. Registration will be done on Monday and will get the delivery on 27th Dec.

Few PDI questions -
1. Tyre DOT format reads DOT 9L 5M WSN. How to decode it to manufacturing week?
2. Only Paytm and Kotak are available as Fast tag providers from dealer. Any feedback on Kotak bank Fast tag?
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 02:29   #537
BHPian

Re: My quick Brezza purchase update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
I booked the ZXI+ AT variant on 19th August. Got it allotted on 8th December. Car reached dealership on 23rd December.
Today I did PDI, very satisfied overall. Registration will be done on Monday and will get the delivery on 27th Dec.

Few PDI questions -
1. Tyre DOT format reads DOT 9L 5M WSN. How to decode it to manufacturing week?
2. Only Paytm and Kotak are available as Fast tag providers from dealer. Any feedback on Kotak bank Fast tag?
Congratulations for your new car and welcome to the Brezza club
Nowadays all banks are issuing fastags so IMHO if your bank(the one where you have the account) then go for it.
This thread might help you
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ing-using.html (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!).
Old 25th December 2022, 21:30   #538
BHPian

Finally took the delivery of my ZXi Dual Tone Silver Brezza. Left from home at 4:30 AM on bus to get the delivery and reached back home at 8:30 PM. Drove close to 300 KM to get the car home as I had booked it at a different city.

Distance travelled - 285 KM on the return jouney
Average speed ~ 75 KM.
Mileage on the MID 18.8 km. This would have been even better as the earlier drive of close to 10 KM was showing a mileage of 7.8 KM/liter

Overall extremely satisfied with the driving dynamics. Will soon be staring an ownership thread.
sunbaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 13:15   #539
BHPian

Need some help. Does anyone know if there is an option to connect the ODB2 scanner in the new Brezza 2022 ?

I have been on the lookout but unable to find where I can connect my scanner !!!
Old 26th December 2022, 16:07   #540
BHPian

In multiple instances, it is mentioned that Brezza CESS will be 15%, but my invoice charges it as 17%, which I suppose is same amount charged everywhere as the car price is same as what is published. Can any expert please shed a light on this discrepancy of 15% vs 17%?
Any official reference on the Cess amount will be helpful too, then I can request a clarification from MSIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Referring to the table shared in the image, Brezza falls in third row as CC is > 1.2L. All 3 criteria need to be true for 22% cess. If one of it is not, then it will fall to 15% cess -> 28+15 = 43% GST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
A Comparison of Present taxes (ED and VAT) and impending GST is appended below:

Attachment 1640205
. . .

Last edited by bivision : 26th December 2022 at 16:08.

Most Viewed