Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 13:16   #646
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstraind View Post
Is Brezza 2022/2023 E20(20 percent ethanol fuel mix) compliant?
In short, no. Not E20 for now at least.

What the manual says:

Fuel
Petrol Engine
To avoid damaging catalytic converter, you must use unleaded petrol with an octane number (RON) of 90 or higher.
Petrol/Ethanol blends
Blends of unleaded petrol and ethanol (grain alcohol), also known as gasohol, are commercially available in certain areas. Blends of this type may be used in your vehicle if they are no more than 10% ethanol. Make sure this petrol-ethanol blend has octane ratings no lower than those recommended for the petrol.

Last edited by Small Bot : 16th February 2023 at 13:22.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:49   #647
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Two points to add to what ACMerchant said.

The steering locks a few seconds after the engine switches off.
Hi ACMerchant and small bot,
Remote key fobs with immobiliser are easy to hack with proper tools and some luck. There are multiple discussions on that in this forum.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...y-steal-4.html (Got Keyless entry & go? Your car could be easy to steal)

So I'm looking at mechanical locks for an added layer of security.
Old 16th February 2023, 21:54   #648
BHPian

Well, put that way, I don't think that anyone can guarantee in any manner that your car will never get stolen. Whatever you do, there could be somebody equipped to nullify your efforts and steal your automobile friend.

At the max, what you could do is take some precautions to make it tougher for and less appealing to aspiring car thieves - like have a functional CCTV camera pointed directly at your car, always take out anything that can be considered as valuable before parking it, ensure that it is locked properly by tugging at all the handles and boot latch, and track your car on the Suzuki Connect app if you have it.

You could also get this 80s mechanism from MGA - https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine-accessories/steering-lock/990j0m99914-010.
But that is not going to stop a determined thief from cutting off a portion of the steering wheel to steal your car. And by that time, your car is heavily compromised anyway.

Last edited by Small Bot : 16th February 2023 at 21:58.
Old 16th February 2023, 23:19   #649
BHPian

As Small Bot said, it is impossible to prevent car theft. Recently Brezza dec 2022 zxi+ model got stolen near my house. Thieves first broke rear glass, and after entering, left with the car within two minutes. All caught in CCTV. Suzuki connect kept showing car's location not available. Thieves disabled it somehow. Only thing that got him his car back was an "airtag" hidden in B-pillar. Car was found 30kms away from the person's house. I would also suggest get yourself an airtag or tile and pray.
ramotra3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 23:59   #650
BHPian

Any birdie info on whether Brezza will move from K15C to 1.0 Boosterjet in near future ?

With Fronx getting the 1.0 Boosterjet and also locally produced now, I guess Maruti can easily add into other cars. Brezza being the obvious choice as Customers will benefit from lower GST of 28% vs 45% and also performance gains. The K15C is anyhow be part other models like Ertiga, XL6, Ciaz, Jimny.

C.V.Raman from Maruti didn't divulge any details last time around (jump to time 10.21):

Last edited by anthusiast : 16th February 2023 at 23:59. Reason: time added
Old 17th February 2023, 00:31   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
So I'm looking at mechanical locks for an added layer of security.
Firstly do not be so paranoid about your car being stolen. Enjoy your drive and the new car. But if you still want to be a step ahead then these videos from YouTube may be of help

Quote:
Well, put that way, I don't think that anyone can guarantee in any manner that your car will never get stolen.
At the max, what you could do is take some precautions to make it tougher
Yes you are right that there is never a cent percent guarantee that car cannot be stolen inspite of taking all the precautions.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 07:12   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Any birdie info on whether Brezza will move from K15C to 1.0 Boosterjet in near future ?
I don't think the 1.0L Boosterjet engine makes any sense for the Brezza though. The power and torque figures are almost similar to what the current 1.5L NA engine puts out. Why would Maruti move to a smaller engine that would only reduce the famed fuel economy?

What would work in Maruti's favour is bringing Suzuki's 1.4L Boosterjet engine, that is supposed to put out 140 bhp and 220 Nm. Now that would be a brilliant engine to toss into the Brezza, the XL6 and possibly even the Grand Vitara. But I'm not sure if Maruti would want to do that now, when their mild hybrid NA engines are selling rapidly anyways.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 17:52   #653
BHPian

I think I might be the one the first few to report a Brezza breakdown here.

I was driving at around 70 kpmh at around 1 AM yesterday when the following sequence of actions happened:
1. The amber EPS malfunction light lit up, and the steering became heavy.
2. Soon after, the amber Check Engine light came on, and I decided then and there to take a u-turn and go home (around 4 kms away when this happened)
3. The car started slowing down by itself and made a juddering noise, almost as if the engine was misfiring.
4. At the last signal 500 metres from my house, the car refused to start after stopping. I had to push to P, start the car and immediately shove it to D and accelerate for it to keep from stalling.
5. Reached home and thankfully parked accurately on the first go, before fully coming to a halt.
6. As soon as it came to a halt, the car stopped one final time and refused to start up again.
7. I resigned myself to this and got out of the car and decided to lock it, but it refused to lock.
8. The error message now displayed was: 'Key fob not recognized'.
9. I immediately took out the mechanical key and locked the door, but the ambient lighting and the ICE could not be shut off.
10. I had to urgently go to the airport, so I just left. But by the time I returned around 2 hours later by cab, the battery had been mostly drained and all the lights were off.

I am really not sure if continuing to drive when the EPS & Check Engine lights came on was a sane move, but I think I acted on the instinct to just get home and not get stuck on the highway.

I called Maruti RSA later and they directed Popular Maruti (Arcot Road) to come and service the car, and to tow it away if required.

The mechanic came at around 10 AM and his first response after hearing it out was: 'That's usually because of rats biting the wires.' I told him to check the car first and see what had been bitten by rats, if at all. He could not find anything, and asked a tow truck to arrive.

The tow truck person (not from Popular Maruti, but from a private towing service called Pandian Recovery Services). They charged me 2000, after quoting an initial 750, but at that stage, I was just desperate to get this done as I had to go out urgently in the next 15 mins.

The service advisor from Popular Maruti called me later and stated 'There are symptoms of rat bites after hoisting up the car'. At that point, I asked him point-blank: 'Are rate bites covered under warranty?', to which the obvious response was 'No.' So I told him firmly 'Please send me the photo evidence of the rate bites, I will bear the cost. But if there is no evidence shared of that, you have to honour your warranty and I'll not pay anything.' Quite predictably, there was no more mention about rat bites again.

The job card has been shared with me now, but it does not say what repairs have exactly been done. It only states that I had a complaint of 'Engine not starting', to which there's a comment by the service advisor: 'Engine working now'. So, I'm just biding my time now.

This is what I plan to do:
- Refuse a home delivery of the car
- Go directly to pick it up
- Insist on getting a detailed description of what exactly was the issue and what all repairs have been done.
- Request the mechanic to come along with me for a ~20-km test drive before signing off that all repairs are satisfactory.

I request the more knowledgeable folks to guide me on what all I should do now, to ensure that I get my car properly serviced.

What do I ask the service advisor to check, and what all should I do before I take back the delivery of my car? I wish to maintain good relations with the service advisor, so how do I ask for more info while not appearing to be a difficult customer?

The car on its first trip to a service workshop (just 15 days after delivery). I did not remember to click any other photos unfortunately.
And yes, that's a neighbour's Landcruiser Prado in the background.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20230218_121315590_hdr_2.jpg

Last edited by Small Bot : 19th February 2023 at 17:59.
Small Bot is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 00:03   #654
BHPian

Quote:
I think I might be the one the first few to report a Brezza breakdown here...
Frankly it is difficult to point out what must have caused this error.
When the car was taken in the MASS did you get an SMS in your registered mobile no? Are you using the Suzuki Connect App and did it show any issue when you parked it home?
I presume you must not be having the front and rear dashcam hard wired.
Also check your fuel.
Regarding the step you want to take my suggestions are as follows
Tell them that you will be coming to collect and they do not send it.
- Go directly to pick it up.
Yes that would be fine if MASS is close by.
- Insist on getting a detailed description of what exactly was the issue and what all repairs have been done.
The SA who handled your car will give an explanation and if he does not have then meet the works manager.
- Request the mechanic to come along with me for a ~20-km test drive before signing off that all repairs are satisfactory.
The mechanic won't come but the SA/Supervisor or the works manager in your case will come.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th February 2023 at 01:07. Reason: Trimmed quote
ACMerchant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:46   #655
BHPian

Quote:
This is what I plan to do:
- Go directly to pick it up
This looks like a sane plan. “Engine not starting” and “engine starting now” is just pathetic on the ASC’s part - imagine a doctor writing “patient not feeling good” on a prescription

Do ask for details and document them. Hope you get the car back soon, and the problem is an one-off one. Best of luck!
cr4nkshaft is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:39   #656
BHPian

Completed first free service for my Brezza yesterday. Vehicle ran for around 720 kms in past month. Service centre topped up windscreen washer fluid since they were depleted from delivery date. Rest all are only inspection. Vehicle is running fine. Average mileage is 12.7 kmpl from MID. Have done Nitrogen filling of all tyres at 34 psi.Coming from a 2015 Swift ZXI, the Brezza ZXI is fine for me and ticks all boxes in practicality although not having any enthusiast features.
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 14:54   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Completed first free service for my Brezza yesterday. Vehicle ran for around 720 kms in past month. Service centre topped up windscreen washer fluid since they were depleted from delivery date. Rest all are only inspection. Vehicle is running fine. Average mileage is 12.7 kmpl from MID. Have done Nitrogen filling of all tyres at 34 psi.Coming from a 2015 Swift ZXI, the Brezza ZXI is fine for me and ticks all boxes in practicality although not having any enthusiast features.
Great and only wish to tell you that N2 is not required in your tyres as does not make much of a difference. For the last ten years had N2 in my Sx4 and now in my Brezza have opted for the usual air and kept a portable air pump in the boot.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:15   #658

I have a small query regarding the usage of auto start/stop button. I have been switching it off and on depending on the traffic conditions here in Bangalore. Is it advisable/safe to fiddle with the switch multiple times while driving, as whenever I come to a complete halt in stop-and-go traffic, the vehicle switches off automatically?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th February 2023, 15:50   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Great and only wish to tell you that N2 is not required in your tyres as does not make much of a difference. For the last ten years had N2 in my Sx4 and now in my Brezza have opted for the usual air and kept a portable air pump in the boot.
Used to have a difference in my Swift. Normal air needed to be topped up in around 20 to 25 days. For N2, the time interval used to be around 45 days and sometimes even 60 days. Also premature tyre wear is reduced since pressure remains stable for a longer period.
pranjal1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:15   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Used to have a difference in my Swift. Normal air needed to be topped up in around 20 to 25 days. For N2, the time interval used to be around 45 days and sometimes even 60 days. Also premature tyre wear is reduced since pressure remains stable for a longer period.
You are right but does not make much of a difference in tyre wear.
Quoting a section from
https://continentaltire.com/learn/ni...-right-my-tire

Is Nitrogen Right For Me?
For normal everyday consumer tire service applications, nitrogen tire inflation is not required.
However, nitrogen tire inflation does not harm tires and may marginally contribute to reductions in tire inflation loss by permeation. Nevertheless, nitrogen will not prevent any tire inflation loss caused by punctures, tire/rim interface (bead) leaks, valve leaks, valve/rim interface leaks, wheel leaks, and other mechanical leaks. Again, the use of nitrogen alone does not substitute for the importance of regularly checking tire inflation pressure. If the tire inflation pressure is below the pressure specified on the vehicle placard, the tire must be re-inflated – whether with air or nitrogen – to the proper inflation pressure. Do not operate tires underinflated and/or overloaded (see your vehicle owner’s manual for tire inflation and max load recommendations).

Also please read mod Rtech's post #12 in the https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-nitrogen.html (Inflating tyres with dry nitrogen)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks