Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 13:42   #241
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
Everything about this car screams class, apart from that AWFUL alloy design! What is Hyundai thinking! 40 big ones for a car that has the alloy design of an entry level Creta.
I actually like the alloy design on Tucson

That said, if you look at the Tiguan alloys and upcoming AudiQ3 alloys(India specific variants), this will look much better (but yes, looks are subjective)
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:14   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I had the 2014 Honda City. Compared to that, the Tucson's 8 speaker system is miles ahead. Of course, it doesn't beat the Hector's system though.
That is one of the mysteries of the universe. The Hector usually has people divided on everything about it from looks to reliability to relevance of features, but there's no denying that the sound setup is magic. They could not even replicate that sound in the Gloster, which sounds pretty lame in comparison. I think the Infinity speakers are the secret sauce. I'm planning to upgrade the speakers in my C5 to an Infinity set. They are not that pricey either (relatively).
Frusciante is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:34   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
- Fit and finish of all buttons are top notch, felt built to last. All controls are well organized and within the reach. Absence of rotary controls for fan speed, temperature, volume is a bummer though.
Are the settings voice controlled in the Tucson? Can we just speak to it to reduce fan speed, or set temperature? It will be awesome if some one can confirm in their test drive. I missed this checking this.
If it is voice controlled then for me it does reduce some of the pain of not having rotary controls. I can speak with my eyes on the road
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:41   #244
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Are the settings voice controlled in the Tucson? Can we just speak to it to reduce fan speed, or set temperature? It will be awesome if some one can confirm in their test drive. I missed this checking this.
If it is voice controlled then for me it does reduce some of the pain of not having rotary controls. I can speak with my eyes on the road
Not sure, but I believe the BlueLink feature has some 60 commands or so and it should have these basic functions covered. Open/close sunroof is there for sure
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:43   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Where exactly in Andhra Pradesh? Thanks
It was delivered by Sai Swarna Hyundai, Vijayawada on 23rd August. Photo below.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg
puri.sarang is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:49   #246
BHPian

Test drove the new 4wd diesel signature variant, overall everything is as expected but somehow it seemed like the engine is more noisy compared to our 2016 2wd diesel Tucson despite it virtually being the same engine with small updates for BS6 etc.
Old 24th August 2022, 18:38   #247
BHPian

I am about to withdraw my advance guys. Not convinced with the interior for a suv of 40+. Visited showroom multiple times and could not be convinced. So moving fwd with Jeep compass AT D S model
vijucg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 06:54   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijucg View Post
I am about to withdraw my advance guys. Not convinced with the interior for a suv of 40+. Visited showroom multiple times and could not be convinced. So moving fwd with Jeep compass AT D S model
I felt exactly the same. The new 2022 Tuscon is a great all rounder, has fantastic space, but apart from the way it looks, i’m not convinced about the overall car. I have now booked the Jeep Compass Diesel AT anniversary edition.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 08:06   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Is there a way to disable this feature to prevent accidental opening of the boot? Not sure if its there in the latest model.
I own the 2018 Tucson and can confirm that there is an option to disable this feature. The same should carry over to this model too.
agaggar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:35   #250

I noticed that the panoramic sunroof on Tucson doesn’t open fully, that is up until the half way mark. The international model does open fully. Any reason why this is different only for India market?
Old 25th August 2022, 21:08   #251

Need advice from fellow Bangaloreans

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to book the 2022 Tucson 2.0 DSL Signature variant and I needed some advice from you guys
I have previously never encountered any Hyundai dealership in my life
As I plan to keep this car for more than a decade ASS and relationship with the dealer is of utmost importance to me
So folks who have previously bought Tucson/Elantra(or booked the new Tucson as well) or any Hyundai for that matter and have a positive feedback at dealer level can help me with this
I'm thinking of going with Advaith, Trident or Blue Hyundai as they have many service centers and are the oldest in the city
Lakshmi is out of contention as one of my friend had a not so good experience
Any insight regarding this would be of great help as this is my first high budget car
Thank you
Old 25th August 2022, 23:43   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post

I'm thinking of going with Advaith, Trident or Blue Hyundai as they have many service centers and are the oldest in the city
Lakshmi is out of contention as one of my friend had a not so good experience
Any insight regarding this would be of great help as this is my first high budget car
Thank you
I’ve had an excellent relationship with Advaith hyundai residency road. Have been giving my Hyundais (Verna, Creta, Santro) at the mission road branch for service over 15 years. Would definitely recommend them.
Old 26th August 2022, 08:08   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
So folks who have previously bought Tucson/Elantra(or booked the new Tucson as well) or any Hyundai for that matter and have a positive feedback at dealer level can help me with this
I've been dealing with Advaith Hyundai, Bannerghatta road (next to Spar) since 2016, initially for my Creta and then Tucson and I've only positive things to say about them. They even went out of their way to help me get my damaged tyre (a glass piece pierced through the sidewall) of my then 8 month old Tucson, replaced free of cost. While tyre manufacturer refused right away for obvious reasons, Hyundai pitched in to bear 90% of the cost of the new tyre and it was possible only because of persistent follow-ups from my dealer and Service executive (Thank you Mr. Pradeep from Advaith Hyundai). So, all in all, I'm a happy customer. So far so good !
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 10:19   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
I've been dealing with Advaith Hyundai, Bannerghatta road (next to Spar) since 2016, initially for my Creta and then Tucson and I've only positive things to say about them. They even went out of their way to help me get my damaged tyre (a glass piece pierced through the sidewall) of my then 8 month old Tucson, replaced free of cost. While tyre manufacturer refused right away for obvious reasons, Hyundai pitched in to bear 90% of the cost of the new tyre and it was possible only because of persistent follow-ups from my dealer and Service executive (Thank you Mr. Pradeep from Advaith Hyundai). So, all in all, I'm a happy customer. So far so good !
It is such things that are not visible when you compare cars only by price. People who are moving away from the Tucson only because it is expensive and does not give you the feel of a 40+ lakh car, keep such things in mind.
I am moving away from the XUV7OO available at a lower price point due to all the niggles that people are reporting. I need a car that works for me, and does not need me to work for it, i.e. take it to the service station frequently.
shailendrakr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:43   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I'm planning to upgrade the speakers in my C5 to an Infinity set. They are not that pricey either (relatively).
Be careful with that approach - speaker upgrades alone won't suffice and the sound may change for the worse! Find a pro tuner who will guide you with demos of the speakers in your car along with pairings of different amps.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed