Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 16:09   #286
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
I have a question for people who have booked a Tucson, or any other Hyundai vehicle at a showroom (and not online through the Hyundai website). Are you able to see your booking on the Hyundai website?

I had booked physically at a showroom about 3 weeks back. I have a receipt for the advance. When I log in on the Hyundai website using the same phone number I have at the time of making the booking, I don't see any records under "Your car booking record" on the website.

As per the sales advisor, details will show up when the car is ready and nothing until then. Is this your experience as well?
That is correct. Just ask dealer to share screen shot from their booking system for reference.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:00   #287
BHPian

I booked the tucson on Saturday. The SA said that 60% bookings were for the awd version so it has the longest wait time. White and red were least booked colors, but he said that wouldn’t translate to an earlier delivery if i booked red or white color.
Old 30th August 2022, 20:34   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
I have a question for people who have booked a Tucson, or any other Hyundai vehicle at a showroom (and not online through the Hyundai website). Are you able to see your booking on the Hyundai website?

I had booked physically at a showroom about 3 weeks back. I have a receipt for the advance. When I log in on the Hyundai website using the same phone number I have at the time of making the booking, I don't see any records under "Your car booking record" on the website.

As per the sales advisor, details will show up when the car is ready and nothing until then. Is this your experience as well?
"Your car booking record" is under the click to buy section, so it will only show up when you place the order via the website.

The dealer told me that only they will know the allocation status and it wont be available online.
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 09:47   #289
BHPian

Has the turning radius of the 2022 Tucson gone up? I love the very tight turning radius (5.3m) of my 2017 Tucson compared to my BMW X3's rather generous 6m spec. Hope 2022 Tucson is still great in that aspect that aids in maneuverability in city/ghat roads.
Old 31st August 2022, 20:04   #290

Test drove the car (Diesel AWD) today at Trident Hyundai, Sankey road and booked the car, thanks to BHPians neel911 and KrishKallapur for their valuable advice. Most have already commented on the Exteriors, suspension/ride quality and interiors with loads of space. One of the things that impressed me the most was 360° camera and blind spot camera/assist. These things aren't in the car just for namesake and they truly serve their purpose in Bangalore traffic.

I've requested for a test drive at a later date when the hype dies down a bit to checkout the ADAS features. I personally didn't feel the need for AWD as it's always turned on and kills the FE by a big margin, even the SA wasn't really trying to push the AWD version (maybe because of too many bookings?) I think this car can fairly handle the ghat section of hill stations even with 2WD as previous gen owners have stated.

Official waiting period is 8-10 months but I think if buyers can compromise on colour they might deliver it faster.

Sport mode is truly a beast I thoroughly enjoyed driving it even for a short duration but most of us might run this car in Eco mode in city so it's better to take a good TD in traffic to see how it handles. From my short discussion with SA I've understood insurance is negotiable and maybe the dealer can offer a few freebies like cushion etc
I'll try and post about the ADAS and infotainment system in a few days since not many people have seemed to try it out yet.

How can Hyundai delay the launch of this car by 2 years for our market citing ADAS adaptability, grossly overprice it and not capture half the potential customers, give a waiting period that's close to 1 (ONE) year and still end up receiving unbelievably bad PR(something Indian market is now closely monitoring with Crash tests) exactly a week before the official deliveries begin nationwide? There is something that's not adding up in this whole scenario and HMIL is least bothered to clarify on the same. They've been pretty "chalta hai" about this car and it'll workout for them I guess.

MOD NOTE : Please go through our Posting Etiquettes before making any further post on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2022 at 13:06. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
bond_008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 23:25   #291
BHPian

Latest LatinNcap ratings. This applies to the cars made in Korea and Czech Republic
3 Stars for the version with 6 airbags.
Details of the full report and videos available in the link below.
https://www.latinncap.com/en/media-a...ap-assessments
key to note the following small print which is important -
Latin NCAP also tested optional equipment like Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Support Systems and Road Edge Detection, which all showed good performance but as they are in lower volumes than those required by Latin NCAP, they do not contribute to the score and star rating.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 31st August 2022 at 23:30.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 10:25   #292

Folks, After much deliberation I have finally pulled out of the race and cancelled my booking of Tucson. I Pre booked with local dealer much before the launch thinking this would be my next dream car. But after the price reveal and test drive of the petrol (NCR vows ) the mind was half made up. The lackluster petrol after driving vento 1.2 TSI for little less than a decade was just too much of a compromise. It took me a while to come with terms that I will see this beauty on roads but wont own one.

The search resets for the dream car.
ThunderIce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:04   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderIce View Post
Folks, After much deliberation I have finally pulled out of the race and cancelled my booking of Tucson. I Pre booked with local dealer much before the launch thinking this would be my next dream car. But after the price reveal and test drive of the petrol (NCR vows ) the mind was half made up. The lackluster petrol after driving vento 1.2 TSI for little less than a decade was just too much of a compromise. It took me a while to come with terms that I will see this beauty on roads but wont own one.

Same conundrum for a lot of NCR Folks. NCR people do have to make one compromise or the other because of Diesel units being impractical.

If driving pleasure is your concern then look for VW/Skoda models.

Kushaq- A segment down but 1.5 DSG is a hoot to drive. You will also save a ton of money over Tucson.

Tiguan/Kodiaq- Too expensive in my view. But if you have the budget, they should be fun to drive.

Even Jeep in Petrol avatar has enough turbo lag to cause a concern. However, you may still check it. After initial lag, the car is very good (Although small cabin space and abysmal average).
smilingakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:25   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lackluster petrol after driving vento 1.2 TSI for little less than a decade was just too much of a compromise. It took me a while to come with terms that I will see this beauty on roads but wont own one.
Agree, if you drive enthusiastically there is no way that 2 NA engine will be even closely matched to the fun to drive of 1.2 TSI. The petrol in Tucson is good for relaxed driving or being chauffeur driven.
Unfortunately the only fun to drive options you have in petrol between 30 to 50 lakhs is VAGs, unless I am missing any other car.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:33   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do give the Compass Petrol DCT a try. I think its quite good, even if not near the VW standards. The only flipside is the low fuel efficiency.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:25   #296

1.5 TSI was an obvious choice. But the notorious after Sales of VW/Skoda is something I do want to forget, yes I've been through DQ200 giving up on me and punching a hole in the pocket. For this reason, I did not even revisit the VW showroom.

Jeep is in the same bucket as the VW/Skoda for me, it's a fantastic car no doubt but the lack of space and more importantly, the lack of service center network was a deal breaker for me. My wife still loves the exterior and interior of Model S, but I find Americans' less reliable presence in the Indian market (read Chevrolet, Ford, etc.) than their European counterparts a huge concern in long run.

Not to mention it's only an effectively 4-seater. Which pulled me towards the Tucson LWB in the first place. From a standards perspective, I found it very much to my liking, it has robust built and can easily withstand the Indian roads, i'd say better than my existing sedan.

yes, 90% of my driving is solo. And I do love the option of leaving the traffic in the rear view at red lights. Tucson petrol was really disappointing, I pre-booked it thinking that they may offer the 1.6 turbo or even the PHEV, can't stop laughing at that thought now .

Last edited by Samurai : 1st September 2022 at 13:30.
Old 1st September 2022, 14:41   #297
Senior - BHPian

Was bit shocked and surprised to read the news of this new Tucson scoring 0 in LATIN NCAP test. while this was the 2 airbag equipped variant, I expected better score than that.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...ticle-93922372

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-hyunda...-12448005.html

Not a great news since the car is priced at a premium here and last thing I expect is compromised safety.
rajshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:42   #298

If your 90% of the drive is going to be solo and you are in a bigger city then Jeep Compass after sales service shouldn't be a problem. In my opinion, what jeep lacks is the service centers in smaller cities. However, it certainly has good presence in the bigger cities.
sharMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 17:45   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Was bit shocked and surprised to read the news of this new Tucson scoring 0 in LATIN NCAP test. while this was the 2 airbag equipped variant, I expected better score than that.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...ticle-93922372

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-hyunda...-12448005.html

Not a great news since the car is priced at a premium here and last thing I expect is compromised safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Latest LatinNcap ratings. This applies to the cars made in Korea and Czech Republic
3 Stars for the version with 6 airbags.
Details of the full report and videos available in the link below.
https://www.latinncap.com/en/media-a...ap-assessments
key to note the following small print which is important -
Latin NCAP also tested optional equipment like Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Support Systems and Road Edge Detection, which all showed good performance but as they are in lower volumes than those required by Latin NCAP, they do not contribute to the score and star rating.
You can refer to the official link here with the pictures and videos as well as posted earlier.
Old 1st September 2022, 18:17   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharMax View Post
If your 90% of the drive is going to be solo and you are in a bigger city then Jeep Compass after-sales service shouldn't be a problem. In my opinion, what jeep lacks is the service centers in smaller cities. However, it certainly has a good presence in the bigger cities.
having just 1 service center even in a big city is somewhat of a problem. You are at the mercy of how good/bad that specific service center is. It's a great car no doubt, but fiat and Americans are notorious for packing their bags and leaving without warning. We know Jeep being a niche offering will never command high numbers to see a growth in service centers or showrooms but the reverse is a distinct possibility.

Most Viewed