Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 20:47   #301
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderIce View Post
having just 1 service center even in a big city is somewhat of a problem. You are at the mercy of how good/bad that specific service center is. It's a great car no doubt, but fiat and Americans are notorious for packing their bags and leaving without warning. We know Jeep being a niche offering will never command high numbers to see a growth in service centers or showrooms but the reverse is a distinct possibility.
I am very interested in what you finalize since I am almost on the same boat. I am yet to take a TD for Tucson but your review sounds about right. Even Creta has Turbo Petrol options and Tucson not having it does not make sense.
Did take a TD for 1.5 Kushaq yesterday and was very happy with the engine response.
Is automatic must for you? You may try 1.5 TSI manual from Skoda if DSG gearbox is a concern. It will not disappoint you.
Old 1st September 2022, 20:54   #302
BHPian

(considering the cost bracket )
Test-drove petrol engine, to put in layman's perspective, the petrol engine is tasteless, slow, and lagging. Nothing exciting about the petrol engine on this car. It's ridiculously tasteless and noisy, the engine scream as soon as you floor the pedal.
shahbaz63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:03   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
I am very interested in what you finalize since I am almost on the same boat. I am yet to take a TD for Tucson but your review sounds about right. Even Creta has Turbo Petrol options and Tucson not having it does not make sense.
Did take a TD for 1.5 Kushaq yesterday and was very happy with the engine response.
Is automatic must for you? You may try 1.5 TSI manual from Skoda if DSG gearbox is a concern. It will not disappoint you.
Don't compare 1.5TSI with Hyundai's 2L NA, you will be utterly disappointed.
My running is 100km per day, thanks to hybrid I now need to repeat it only 2-3 days but In NCR's start stop traffic Auto transmission is a must.
Old 1st September 2022, 22:56   #304
BHPian

Quote:
My running is 100km per day, thanks to hybrid I now need to repeat it only 2-3 days but In NCR's start stop traffic Auto transmission is a must.
For a moment I thought you finalized a hybrid car and then my tube light lit up

Last edited by shailendrakr : 1st September 2022 at 23:03. Reason: better words
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 23:45   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Was bit shocked and surprised to read the news of this new Tucson scoring 0 in LATIN NCAP test. while this was the 2 airbag equipped variant, I expected better score than that.

Not a great news since the car is priced at a premium here and last thing I expect is compromised safety.
There is dedicated thread on this now and have posted some more details there: Latin NCAP: 2022 Hyundai Tucson scores 0 stars
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 06:15   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
For a moment I thought you finalized a hybrid car and then my tube light lit up
Mine is the strongest hybrid.
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:19   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
This is not Dual Tone. DT will have the entire A, B and C pillars running in black shade as below.

Fiery Red DT
Attachment 2350116

Fiery Red
Attachment 2350117

Hello there,

In the dual tone variant even the OVRM are blacked out but in Hyundai website they are showing wrongly as Body coloured watch at 28th second.Please refer the below video link.

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 2nd September 2022 at 18:21. Reason: Minor spelling correction ..
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:46   #308
BHPian

Quote:

yes, 90% of my driving is solo. And I do love the option of leaving the traffic in the rear view at red lights. Tucson petrol was really disappointing, I pre-booked it thinking that they may offer the 1.6 turbo or even the PHEV, can't stop laughing at that thought now .
I was exactly expecting the same from Hyundai. Afterall, they made us wait for more than an year for this launch. So I was pretty much expecting they'd at least launch a decent petrol hybrid. For me, plug-in would've been a no brainer choice. There is not a single player in this segment in India, yet, who is offering plug-in hybrid. The other plug-ins are super expensive. If not for plug-in, they should've at least given us a regular strong hybrid with turbo petrol engine. 2L NA is a 'crude and cruel' joke on us who have supported Hyundai for more than two decades.

Quote:
having just 1 service center even in a big city is somewhat of a problem. You are at the mercy of how good/bad that specific service center is. It's a great car no doubt, but fiat and Americans are notorious for packing their bags and leaving without warning. We know Jeep being a niche offering will never command high numbers to see a growth in service centers or showrooms but the reverse is a distinct possibility.
Trust me, this was one of the criteria I've waited for Tucson this long. Having used Creta AT for more than 5 years, I've never had even a single issue. The service presence of Hyundai is excellent compared to Americans or Europeans.

Never buy a product for which you can't get proper service or spares is the lesson I've learnt by purchasing Google Pixel 2XL. Google sold the phones, but you can't get them repaired. Even for battery replacement I've to request a friend to bring it from the US and I almost broke the phone with my DIY attempt by watching youtube videos for replacing the battery. At the end it had to become my standby phone and I got myself a Samsung.

Hyundai checks the boxes of premium product at affordable price. It has excellent service coverage across the country. And they make quite reliable products. But with these half-hearted launches, I guess they are/will be losing their customers to Tata or Mahindra.
destinykid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 03:41   #309
BHPian

Quote:
1.5 TSI was an obvious choice. But the notorious after Sales of VW/Skoda is something I do want to forget, yes I've been through DQ200 giving up on me and punching a hole in the pocket. For this reason, I did not even revisit the VW showroom.

Jeep is in the same bucket as the VW/Skoda for me, it's a fantastic car no doubt but the lack of space and more importantly, the lack of service center network was a deal breaker for me. My wife still loves the exterior and interior of Model S, but I find Americans' less reliable presence in the Indian market (read Chevrolet, Ford, etc.) than their European counterparts a huge concern in long run.

Not to mention it's only an effectively 4-seater. Which pulled me towards the Tucson LWB in the first place. From a standards perspective, I found it very much to my liking, it has robust built and can easily withstand the Indian roads, i'd say better than my existing sedan.

yes, 90% of my driving is solo. And I do love the option of leaving the traffic in the rear view at red lights. Tucson petrol was really disappointing, I pre-booked it thinking that they may offer the 1.6 turbo or even the PHEV, can't stop laughing at that thought now .
Hi Thunderice, since you mentioned your poor experience with VW, clearly this rules out the Tiguan. That would have been the perfect upgrade for you.

I am a last-gen Tucson Petrol owner. My car has run 6k KM in the last 8 months or so. I think you should reconsider your decision if possible. While the petrol won't scorch the tarmac, your car decision seems to needing a balanced outcome of multiple family priorities.

I only regret the lack of power on the solo highway drives. But I have otherwise come to peace with the gentle power delivery and the refinement more than makes up for it after years of surviving with the 1.3 DDiS diesel in my case.

If you are open to Skoda and don't mind a sedan body style, do check out the Octavia. I think it might help you meet the best of both worlds.

Finally, can you stretch your budget? Why not consider the BMW X1? Granted the current one is on its way out but it is still an excellent car.

If all else fails and you are prepared to wait, perhaps the XUV700 should be your final choice.
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:29   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Hi Thunderice, since you mentioned your poor experience with VW, clearly this rules out the Tiguan. That would have been the perfect upgrade for you.

I am a last-gen Tucson Petrol owner. My car has run 6k KM in the last 8 months or so. I think you should reconsider your decision if possible. While the petrol won't scorch the tarmac, your car decision seems to needing a balanced outcome of multiple family priorities.

I only regret the lack of power on the solo highway drives. But I have otherwise come to peace with the gentle power delivery and the refinement more than makes up for it after years of surviving with the 1.3 DDiS diesel in my case.

If you are open to Skoda and don't mind a sedan body style, do check out the Octavia. I think it might help you meet the best of both worlds.

Finally, can you stretch your budget? Why not consider the BMW X1? Granted the current one is on its way out but it is still an excellent car.

If all else fails and you are prepared to wait, perhaps the XUV700 should be your final choice.
This is now a case of love lost between me and tucson.

But apart from that, are you a mind reader? Now that the search is back on I am figuring out all options between 30-50L. Taking the TD of X1 this week, and also looking at new XC40 and octavia. After being on waiting for so long my state of mind is such that you may still find me driving a XUV700 or upcoming Tata harrier by next year but could very well be X1/XC40 by year end.
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:41   #311

I got a call from a Hyundai SA today. He told me that the delivery period has eased down considerably and if I book today, then I'll get it (worst case) by 4 months. He sounded eager to get my booking which wasn't the case a month ago.

Does this mean that the bookings have been canceled in huge numbers?
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:48   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Don't compare 1.5TSI with Hyundai's 2L NA, you will be utterly disappointed.
So 300 km per week, in 52 weeks you cover about 15600 km. In 6 years you will be around the 1 lakh km mark. That would be a good time to sell the diesel Tucson and move to EV or hybrid. So, you could possibly still consider a diesel Tucson.
Old 3rd September 2022, 20:40   #313
BHPian

Quote:
This is now a case of love lost between me and tucson.

But apart from that, are you a mind reader? Now that the search is back on I am figuring out all options between 30-50L. Taking the TD of X1 this week, and also looking at new XC40 and octavia. After being on waiting for so long my state of mind is such that you may still find me driving a XUV700 or upcoming Tata harrier by next year but could very well be X1/XC40 by year end.
I would stay away from X1 unless they are giving lot of discounts. The new model has been revealed and it is not just a facelift. Also, please do take long test drive and see how comfort is on uneven city roads. The first petrol test drive I took was short and nice. The 2nd one I took for a long one over bad patches as well and I felt tired after that 30 min drive and even my wife seated in rear was not comfortable and beyond a point she was even complaining of recline angle. After the Tucson test drive with seats reclined in rear, the comfort was at another level
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:10   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I would stay away from X1 unless they are giving lot of discounts. The new model has been revealed and it is not just a facelift. Also, please do take long test drive and see how comfort is on uneven city roads. The first petrol test drive I took was short and nice. The 2nd one I took for a long one over bad patches as well and I felt tired after that 30 min drive and even my wife seated in rear was not comfortable and beyond a point she was even complaining of recline angle. After the Tucson test drive with seats reclined in rear, the comfort was at another level
That's a great input. Will definitely keep in mind. Thanks. Did you also drove XC40, GLA or Kodiaq?
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:22   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shettarshashank View Post
I got a call from a Hyundai SA today. He told me that the delivery period has eased down considerably and if I book today, then I'll get it (worst case) by 4 months. He sounded eager to get my booking which wasn't the case a month ago.

Does this mean that the bookings have been canceled in huge numbers?
Its probably the price as well as the NCAP noise pushing people who were sitting on the fence. Much of the pre-launch bookings wil be getting cancelled. Good for the rest of us
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks