Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 02:23   #316

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hi guys, had pre-booked the petrol AT in end of may and luckily expecting delivery very soon. Took a test drive in august and found the performance of the petrol to be adequate for city usage, interiors left me wanting for more to be honest, would have preferred an all black interior as I think they look way more classier than the grey/beige option available.
Old 4th September 2022, 03:19   #317
Senior - BHPian

I got to experience the new Tucson today. I must say, the rear seats are in a league of their own, definitely puts the cramped seats in the C5 aircross to shame. It felt like sitting in a budget friendly GLE. I didn't like the center console much. It feels cheap and doesn't fit in well, especially the climate control screen. Hyundais are known for having the best interiors in the segment so I was a bit disappointed with that.

Didn't get to drive it as there was no test drive car available. I do think this might be the best option (or perhaps the only option) for the chauffeur driven at this price range. Will have to drive it to check out the suspension.
Old 4th September 2022, 12:45   #318
BHPian

I didn't do any prebooking. But I visited the showroom before the launch and enquired. And I didn't even attempt to make a down payment after the announcement. Yet, due to my association with this specific Hyundai dealer, I received a call, if I'd be interested in booking a Diesel Tucson Signature. I told that I'd waiting for other petrol engine options. To that it seems there is nothing that would be coming anytime soon. Nevertheless, it seems Hyundai is going after enquiries now seems many of the original bookings are being cancelled. I'm sure no one would wait for more than 6 months for this vehicle. At the best 3 months is the maximum that seems reasonable.
Old 4th September 2022, 14:55   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinykid View Post
I'm sure no one would wait for more than 6 months for this vehicle. At the best 3 months is the maximum that seems reasonable.
Dear Brother,

You command your image as a valuable money spender in the eye of the dealer

In 2017 I was out to purchase either a Mahindra or Maruti to tackle off-roads and primarily highways. Waiting period was not known till then but had begun to evolve (atleast 3 months) which was surprising and I rejected both Maruti/Mahindra outrightly. As soon as my local Honda dealer came to know about it I was offered the BRV with immediate delivery + discounts. I bought the BRV and no issues till date.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 16:13   #320
BHPian

Is the MRF Wanderer ecotred that comes with Tucson part of MRF Wanderer Street series? I see that this tyre is also provided for XUV700 AWD variant atleast (apart from Apollo). Since the specs are the same(both come with 235/60R18), I'm assuming it would be same tyre. Any feedback on how wet grip is for these tyres? I could not find any review online. I'm evaluating if it makes sense to change this to Michelin/Continental/Pirelli so any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 6th September 2022, 18:56   #321
BHPian

The sales associate I am working with says that a couple of deliveries have happened from his showroom. Hoping people start putting up their reviews from experiences in the real world. Watching the initial ownership forum closely.
Old 6th September 2022, 19:09   #322
BANNED

I really liked the tucson in terms of design but 40L for a hyundai is bit more considering the safety. After adding some more lacs to the budget one could get a merc or a bmw or tiguan which have really better ride and interior quality.
Old 6th September 2022, 21:21   #323

Took delivery of my Tucson petrol today, sharing some pics.2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-ef71ae920d744b4db99822f7fe7c04c4.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-bd45da8445834ae8a06f2cb6a53ab2f9.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-86cd555f435d4a2387673db974167edb.jpeg
bimmerboy26 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 21:29   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
Took delivery of my Tucson petrol today, sharing some pics.
Congratulations! Wishing you many happy miles with your new car. Waiting to hear about your initial ownership experience.
Old 7th September 2022, 01:41   #325

My question is to the folks who have booked: Has anyone negotiated on insurance. For diesel signature, my dealer has quoted as per below. Has anyone negotiated a better deal?

Insurance: 1.32L
Zero dep:0.15L
EP & CM + RTI: 0.13L

Total: 1.6L
Old 7th September 2022, 03:44   #326
BHPian

Spotted this beauty just now.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-26d8c096ed8f484a88da109ef728e8b8.jpeg
This wheel design and color shade should have been an option for India-spec Tucson too!
shauryadabas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 07:42   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Tucson petrol today, sharing some pics.Attachment 2355717

Attachment 2355718

Attachment 2355716
Congratulations! Wishing you an adventurous journey and more prosperity in the coming days!
Old 7th September 2022, 20:22   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Tucson petrol today, sharing some pics.
Congratulations!! happy motoring!
Old 8th September 2022, 09:56   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensure View Post
As many in this forum have felt Tuscon overpriced (for that matter, almost all the vehicles, these days), we need to look at it little more broadly.

These days every vehicle is over priced. Just look at the price of Virtus. In 2013, top end Vento (diesel) costed me ~12L in Bangalore. Today it is 22L in Bangalore. Look at the German/European cars' price increase overall in last 2 years! It is insane. Top end Fortuner is ~57L in Bangalore at present! Fortuner GR-S is ~62L!!

However, we are all missing the Big Elephant in the room - Taxes and Rupee depreciation. Just ask yourself one simple question - how much the manufacturer gets net of all taxes in selling each of these cars? Ex-showroom price is inclusive of 50% GST and other sundry taxes depending on imported components. Once the car is in your hand, 28% GST for services and components, even for tyres! On top of that states like Karnataka has 20% road tax. I am not even talking of expensive fuel, toll of more than a rupee per KM on highways, bad roads etc. It is heavily loaded against owning/driving a car. I am not sure how many of these manufacturers even with these insane prices, are laughing all the way to bank. We are all aware that some of the manufacturers decided to pack off from India.

While I am not condoning or absolving the the manufacturers of the charge of pricing their vehicles higher, I am of the view that bigger culprit is the taxes. Any growing economy must have a decent and not too expensive transport options. However, it seems that the entire state machinery does not want you to drive, by making it very expensive.

One may argue that we should use public transport more. That too is out of control now and has been so almost always. Just to give an example - about 3-4 years ago it used to cost ~500-800 Rs for Bangalore-Mangalore. Today it is ~1000-1400 Rs. Even within city, public transport is pathetic. Barring a few cities it is the same story across the country. Therein lies one of the answer to why such sorry state of affairs - too much is being sucked out of automotive industry. Point to ponder.
Thanks a lot for bringing the cost-breakup to the notice of the forum. I completely agree with you. At the risk of re-iterating your post, I'd say asking for and looking at Proforma Invoice of one's booking is a must. That clearly tells how much of buyer's money is going to whom.

Now, as a professional analog circuit designer, working for a top-tier Analog semiconductor company for a decade, that also designs sensors and audio systems for high-end cars for US/EU/JP markets, here are my observations to design and manufacturing process that hugely impact cost of a car which often are unnoticed by ordinary buyers:
  1. We're now part of an automobile market where higher number of sensors and features are becoming a norm.
  2. There are different categories of electronic/electrical systems depending upon who designs/manufactures what. As an example, a company like TI/ADI/QC would design battery monitoring sensors, which would be bought by Panasonic. Panasonic, in turn, would integrate them into a bigger system and sell them to Toyota. Toyota would deploy these in their cars.
  3. Now each of the name I mentioned is a top-tier player in their area when it comes to quality control, reliability etc. Achieving these aspects in their design means: more money required to employ smart designers to design the systems correctly and to employ test engineers who are smart enough to test these systems appropriately, to meet quality and reliability targets.
  4. Also note that for thorough testing on part-part basis, high test-time means high test-cost. Time equals money in an automated factory.
  5. You can come up with similarly 'functioning' systems by using tier-2 vendors at each/every stage. What you're compromising on is reliability, while achieving relatively lower cost for the solution.
So a blanket statement such as 'this company overprices their cars, look at that company for example' is a moot point.

At the end of the day, I'd pay my money to a company who respects the need and adequacy of R & D and has the quality/reliability control in place.

I hope this helps.
kmaitrey064 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:05   #330

UPDATE:

After test driving the Tucson, I have finally booked the Tiguan. Unfortunately, the Tucson just could not convince me!
Denny_C is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed