Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:56   #436

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Congratulations to all you new owners!
Just wanted to know what kind of mileage are you guys getting on the Petrol variant?
riskanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:00   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
I couldn't find your PM, probably because of my "newbie" status. But as luck would have it, I connected with the same SA who delivered your car. They had the same photo you shared here. Probably I should be asking your source for Parker pens

Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully, things workout. Inclining towards Tucson P Vs Tiguan at the moment.

Heart says Tiguan but head says Tucson
--

Hey. Got a call from my SA yesterday and she apprised me of her conversation with you. Awesome experience that I had with them. Let me know if I could be of any help in sealing the deal.

About the Parker's, it's an Amazon find.

But, if you must go for the Tucson, then pick up the Diesel workhorse. I have driven both - Diesel (mine), and Petrol (test vehicle), and the driving experience is miles apart. You may not get the right feel with the Petrol. On the other hand, Diesel is such a fantastic machine to drive and enjoy.

Wishing you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Just wanted to know what kind of mileage are you guys getting on the Petrol variant?
--

Hey, while I drive the Diesel, I have a friend who picked up the Petrol on the same day as mine. In his 300+kms drive, he informs that he is getting an avg. mileage of 8-9.5kmpl. This is everyday Delhi-Gurugram drive.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th September 2022 at 12:21. Reason: back to back posts merged
BlackAdam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:10   #438

Quote:
I am getting around 8.5 kmpl with an approximate 40% highway and 60% city usage.
Pure city usage sees it drop to 6/6.5 kmpl. But the economy can increase a wee bit in the future as the car has only done 600kms till now.
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:36   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
--

Hey, while I drive the Diesel, I have a friend who picked up the Petrol on the same day as mine. In his 300+kms drive, he informs that he is getting an avg. mileage of 8-9.5kmpl. This is everyday Delhi-Gurugram drive.
How much mileage are you getting with the Diesel engine?
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:28   #440

Quote:
Even I am interested in knowing the Petrol Mileage. Having said that, I am now getting discouraged to consider Petrol vehicle because of all the feedback I am seeing across the board of it being dud compared to Diesel.
Old 23rd September 2022, 17:01   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
--

In the 470kms that I have driven, the avg. mileage is 15.7kmpl. The per drive mileage fluctuates between 17.8kmpl (on Eco mode), to 13.3kmpl (on Sport mode). I expect this to better out overtime. However, happy with the way it is bettering out with every drive.
BlackAdam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:10   #442
BHPian

Quote:
--

In the 470kms that I have driven, the avg. mileage is 15.7kmpl. The per drive mileage fluctuates between 17.8kmpl (on Eco mode), to 13.3kmpl (on Sport mode). I expect this to better out overtime. However, happy with the way it is bettering out with every drive.
Awesome
Could you please share the mix of highway and city driving?
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:18   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
Awesome
Could you please share the mix of highway and city driving?
--

Hey, No highway drive yet, unfortunately. All of the 470kms is city driving.

Albeit, I must confess it has been all through breezy, non-rush hour traffic. Haven't been stuck in bumper-to-bumper city traffic apart from two instances.
BlackAdam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:36   #444

Quote:
--

Hey. Got a call from my SA yesterday and she apprised me of her conversation with you. Awesome experience that I had with them. Let me know if I could be of any help in sealing the deal.

About the Parker's, it's an Amazon find.

But, if you must go for the Tucson, then pick up the Diesel workhorse. I have driven both - Diesel (mine), and Petrol (test vehicle), and the driving experience is miles apart. You may not get the right feel with the Petrol. On the other hand, Diesel is such a fantastic machine to drive and enjoy.

Wishing you the best.
I definitely need more help in sealing the deal but not able to see your PMs.

On petrol vs diesel, my yearly running is the 5-8k range. I don't think I have a valid use case to even consider diesel
Old 24th September 2022, 21:00   #445
BHPian

How to find manufacturing year and month of Hyundai Cars:

(Courtesy YouTuber ItzEazy)

KrishKallapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:09   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
The odo for my AWD diesel stands at just over 800 km which includes a 350+ highway drive. On the highway trip which includes a hilly area with lots of hairpin bends and slow traffic I averaged 15.5 kmpl. For additional context, my Ford Ecosport 1.0 petrol gave me an average of 14.5 kmpl on the same route.
On the Hyderabad ORR mostly at 100 kmph I average just above 18kmpl. In city I get about 13 kmpl. The sales advisor had stated that the 2WD diesel will give an economy of 2kmpl better than AWD diesel.

On a different topic, ADAS / front collision avoidance - I am using it with active assistance, i.e. the car will automatically apply brakes when it senses a possible collision. Any thoughts and experiences from fellow owners about this feature and how you are using it?
shailendrakr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:23   #447

Can the current owners (especially Diesel) provide officia info on running-in guidelines for Tucson. I plan to drive 600kms two days after my delivery, which is supposed to happen in coming weeks.
Old 27th September 2022, 14:08   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
I took delivery of the Tucson today. It was a smooth and pleasant experience. All the paperwork was handled efficiently by the sales advisor at KUN Hyundai. I will follow up with an initial ownership review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
I am getting around 8.5 kmpl with an approximate 40% highway and 60% city usage.
Pure city usage sees it drop to 6/6.5 kmpl. But the economy can increase a wee bit in the future as the car has only done 600kms till now.
Does the car come with Hyundai Mats or have you purchased it from a dealer or outside? What are the accessories that are available from Hyundai or dealers?

Are you guys planning to PPF or Ceramic coating?
Old 27th September 2022, 14:25   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
Can the current owners (especially Diesel) provide officia info on running-in guidelines for Tucson. I plan to drive 600kms two days after my delivery, which is supposed to happen in coming weeks.
Refer to your Owner's manual. The Run-in period and guidelines will be mentioned there.
Old 27th September 2022, 14:40   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Refer to your Owner's manual. The Run-in period and guidelines will be mentioned there.

That was helpful! Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks