Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 21:46   #496
BHPian

Re: My First SUV – Hyundai Tucson

Many congratulations and the car looks stunning in White in pic and where I had a chance to see it in person at the dealer yard. Keep posting on the experience.
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 04:34   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

A question for all the new owners. Did you take Insurance from the dealer or independently?

The dealer I spoke to said that the insurance has to be taken from them only. Is that true?
Old 7th October 2022, 07:46   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
A question for all the new owners. Did you take Insurance from the dealer or independently?

The dealer I spoke to said that the insurance has to be taken from them only. Is that true?
Independently - the dealer shouldnt be forcing you. My dealer was gracious enough to allow it without any issues, and the difference is almost ~1lakh.
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:08   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Independently - the dealer shouldnt be forcing you. My dealer was gracious enough to allow it without any issues, and the difference is almost ~1lakh.
Surprisingly the sales guy who came for a TD yesterday was from the same dealer you got your car from. I think he was pulling a fast one on me.

Thanks, I just wanted to know if they are indeed forcing the insurance and I got the answer. The difference is actually quite a lot.

I have a quote from TataAIg for under 90k.
Old 7th October 2022, 08:12   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly the sales guy who came for a TD yesterday was from the same dealer you got your car from. I think he was pulling a fast one on me.

Thanks, I just wanted to know if they are indeed forcing the insurance and I got the answer. The difference is actually quite a lot.

I have a quote from TataAIg for under 90k.
Yes my AIG quote was similar. DM me if you want my SA's number (unless thats also the same already )
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:31   #501

Re: My First SUV – Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Panda View Post
Getting a new car is always exciting, and it was nothing different for me, especially when it is my first SUV and that too in the luxurious range. Goosebumps
Congratulations The Blue Panda and Happy Driving.

Can you share your experience with Kothari Aundh SA. I have been following up with them for a TD but no one responds. I got TD from Mira Hyundai which was prompt but I have not yet booked the car. I am looking for Starry Night / Amazon Grey colour.
vvidhate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 15:49   #502

I took it from the dealer itself. He matched the quote I had. However, the dealer in no way can force you to buy one. I have come across this situation where the dealers are trying to make it mandate, however, I informed him at the time of booking itself.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Happy to share that today we took delivery of our Starry Night Tucson from the Advaith Hyundai Showroom at the Billekahalli branch.
Congratulations. Happy driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvidhate View Post
Congratulations The Blue Panda and Happy Driving.

Can you share your experience with Kothari Aundh SA. I have been following up with them for a TD but no one responds. I got TD from Mira Hyundai which was prompt but I have not yet booked the car. I am looking for Starry Night / Amazon Grey colour.
Thank you

Even I didn't get a TD from Kothari. They only have 1 car for TD and it's really difficult to get hold of it. I got mine from Ishanya Hyundai, but that too for diesel.

Overall, the experience with Kothari Hyundai was awesome. They are really supportive, and the team helped in ensuring everything is sorted smoothly.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2022 at 17:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
The Blue Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 11:08   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello there,

Could you please share the below information. I have pre booked Tucson on July 18th i am yet to receive ...

1. Dealer Name
2. Petrol or Diesel & variant
3. Booking Date

Thank you!
1. HMP Chennai
2. Diesel Signature FWD
3. Before official bookings opened July 18th. I was told i was 5th in line. They are being allocated 3 vehicles / month.
Deep_petrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 19:08   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_petrol View Post
1. HMP Chennai
2. Diesel Signature FWD
3. Before official bookings opened July 18th. I was told i was 5th in line. They are being allocated 3 vehicles / month.
Thanks for the information!

Got a call from my SA that my car will be delivered by end of this month or 1st week of November!
Old 11th October 2022, 01:02   #505
BHPian

Congratulations to all the new owners of this amazing vehicle. I have a question for all the new owners.
How is the headlight response? Specifically visibility in rain or wet roads?
Old 11th October 2022, 22:52   #506
BHPian

Could any of the owners please post the Ambient lighting effect inside the cabin at night?
Karaboudjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 14:38   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Could any of the owners please post the Ambient lighting effect inside the cabin at night?
The ambient lighting is present only in the front doors. There are lights near the bottle holders, and via the setup from touch-screen, you can choose various colors (out of 7). There is also an option of syncing them with the driving mode. So for e.g. if the driving mode is selected as Sport, the ambient light will be red.

I was expecting the ambient lighting in the dashboard, would have been really nice, but unfortunately they didn't provide it in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy2000 View Post
How is the headlight response? Specifically visibility in rain or wet roads?
Till date, I have driven twice where I needed to turn-on the headlights. On both the occasion, it was raining. I found the lights bright enough to show the way, and the DRLs definitely are bright enough for the vehicles coming from opposite direction. There are modes to set the headlights just like in other Hyundai cars. I use the same feature in my i20 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Is it easy to switch to "warning only" by pressing a switch or one needs to go through the touchscreen? This can be bit annoying until one gets really used to it.
The only way to switch this setting is via the touchscreen. There is no single button available to change the mode by one click. However, there is an option of creating multiple profiles, and each profile can have different settings. In case you don't want to switch it On/Off via the longer route of selecting multiple options, you can create 2 profiles. It's really easy to switch the profiles and the settings of the active one will come into affect.

I experienced the auto-braking 2-3 times, both from front as well as when I was reversing. It's very effective, however, my concern is the vehicles behind me who are too close will not be able to judge this. I usually keep this to "Warning only" in city, and switch while driving on highways

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Just wanted to know what kind of mileage are you guys getting on the Petrol variant?
I have driven my car for ~120 kms, that too only in city. As per the analysis provided by Bluelink and the car, it shows a mileage of 14.

Let's see how the car performs on highway as I still need to plan a long drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
How to find manufacturing year and month of Hyundai Cars
Thanks for sharing this. Not sure why, but the car I got has 17 digits VIN#. Did anyone else has the same experience? Can a company change the length of VIN# with a new model? I asked the dealer and he said it might be a new norm from Hyundai. Looking for insights on this, please.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th October 2022 at 16:12. Reason: Merging several back-to-back posts.
The Blue Panda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 23:26   #508
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven my car for ~120 kms, that too only in city. As per the analysis provided by Bluelink and the car, it shows a mileage of 14.
Where do you see the fuel efficiency in bluelink? I can only see it in the car.

Last edited by sudiptaadhya : 12th October 2022 at 23:28.
Old 13th October 2022, 16:13   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this. Not sure why, but the car I got has 17 digits VIN#. Did anyone else has the same experience? Can a company change the length of VIN# with a new model? I asked the dealer and he said it might be a new norm from Hyundai. Looking for insights on this, please.
You will find the full VIN with 19 number * and a letter in the engine compartment. The letter tells you the Month.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:38   #510
BHPian

Folks,
I am finally going for the PDI of my Tucson tomorrow. I have booked an Amazon Grey Signature Diesel, and had pre booked it in July itself. Putting down some thoughts and also a few questions which would be good to get some insights upon.
  • I have got the insurance from outside and the dealer (nearly )matched. Interestingly policybazaar only shows one provider for this model.
  • I got a 17 number VIN today and I could not get much info about the vehicle and it’s allocation details online - where should I be looking?
  • Is there a Tucson specific PDI list which would be available?
  • Interestingly the screen grab of the VIN details chart shows this as a service vehicle - I checked with the showroom to ensure that this is a new delivery vehicle and not a show or test drive vehicle. They confirmed that this is a new vehicle with around 20-40 km on the odometer. The term ‘service’ refers to the fact that the vehicle is now coming in to the service station. I find it odd, but will chk and confirm again tomorrow.
  • Although I have gone for a 4th year extended warranty, any recommendations around the Shield of Trust offering? Has any one in the group taken it?

That’s what I had in my mind right now. Will post some more thoughts and queries tomorrow. Any help around the VIN decoding and PDI list would be appreciated

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks