Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 10:59   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A few side by side pics of the Tucson and my Kodiaq. The Kodiaq has better presence and looks a lot bigger in person than what the dimensions seem to indicate. I also prefer the cleaner understated styling of the Kodiaq.
The white colour and the grill merging into the headlights of the Tucson is lending it more presence when viewed head-on in pictures, IMHO!

In terms of length and width, the Kodiaq is only marginally larger than the Tucson. Height is same for both.

Škoda has done a blunder by not offering the Kodiaq with a diesel any longer and the prices have gone up significantly only with the petrol! The Tucson’s 2L diesel is a superb unit, 2L petrol is lacklustre though.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:57   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The white colour and the grill merging into the headlights of the Tucson is lending it more presence when viewed head-on in pictures, IMHO!
I saw the Red one recently - what Hyundai calls the Fiery Red Dual Tone, and boy it looks smashing
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 13:04   #543

Got the delivery of my New Hyundai Tucson 2.0 DSL 4WD last week, and boy what a car!!!
Initial Impressions…
- I’m in love with the Phantom Black colour.
- The car is surely a head turner and Commands road presence.
- It’s an amazing car to drive, especially on the crater laden Mumbai roads.
- Top notch comfort at par with the Germans.
- Build Quality feels solid.
- Interiors are premium and feel luxurious, justifying the price.
- First Diesel car ever in the family and it’s smooth, refined, quiet and powerful, fun as well as easy to drive car.
- overall it’s a satisfying purchase, Totally worth the amount paid for it.
- Have done the ceramic coating and Garware eco lite 65 sun film on the side windows only.
- Attaching a few pics shot randomly. Will post a few more later, when I take it for a long drive.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-87cb8053c9bd41ccb66a218be14c5b25.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-c2674f0d706c4d5392a573d49a181e06.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-53d67e7a81314647b6fa1dcf1f1d0089.jpeg  

clifford is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 17:19   #544

Quote:
A few side by side pics of the Tucson and my Kodiaq. The Kodiaq has better presence and looks a lot bigger in person than what the dimensions seem to indicate. I also prefer the cleaner understated styling of the Kodiaq.

Attachment 2372683

Attachment 2372681

Attachment 2372682
With you on your preference. Probably the wrong thread to ask this but which appears to be the better and more practical car, minus the pricing?
Old 29th October 2022, 09:56   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderIce View Post
With you on your preference. Probably the wrong thread to ask this but which appears to be the better and more practical car, minus the pricing?
If the Kodiaq was still available in diesel, I would still recommend that.

However the Kodiaq being only in petrol, my choice currently is the Tucson. Few reasons:

1. The Kodiaq is the better luxury SUV, feels more premium and elegant.
2. The Tucson felt easier to drive in town and had a lot more features than the Kodiaq with ADAS and futuristic digital dials and a lot more tech.
3. The Tucson is better all rounder in city as it felt more nimble and practical to use as a daily. The Kodiaq is wider and feels a bigger car.
4. Personally being a complex euro with DSG it feels more delicate and I never feel like taking the Kodiaq for short city errands. Tucson on other hand felt more practical to use as a daily as well as highway.

If I were picking in 2022 for my needs as a daily but premium feeling SUV, the Tucson would be the pick.

The Kodiaq TSI I would go for if I had a practical car in the house already and needed a premium SUV for the highway trips as well as one luxury car in the garage.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 15:49   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Any source for the Kagu Mats ?
Nothing yet, so I finally got the 3M nomad mats yesterday. I had used them on my previous car for 8 years without any complaints, so they should be good on Tucson too.
shailendrakr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 02:29   #547

I am awaiting the delivery of my Diesel Signature 2WD , White , the Car is ready with the dealer , waiting for the fancy number to be released.
Meanwhile decided to go for the dash cam Viofo 3 CH , with the hard wiring and CPL.
The dealer refused installation, citing no prior experience with Hard wiring the dash cam.
Have any of you folks who took the delivery got a hardwiring dome for the dash cam .? Any details regarding the,fuse box or fuse points .
Old 30th October 2022, 10:14   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile decided to go for the dash cam Viofo 3 CH , with the hard wiring and CPL.
The dealer refused installation, citing no prior experience with Hard wiring the dash cam.
My personal take is to avoid any kind of modification which the dealer is not comfortable with. It's a brand new launch, and neither Hyundai India operations nor the dealer community and nor any aftermarket techs are familiar with the Tucson.

You don't want your Tucson to be the guinea pig

Route the wires through the headliner & door beadings into a 12v or USB socket for now.
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 15:29   #549
BHPian

So finally, Hyundai Tucson Signature Diesel is here!

My previous ride was a Honda City 2013 Feb model S MT bought as used in Nov 2015 with 12K ODO reading via OLX. Before that it was a humble Swift VXi. Honda city has been exemplary during last 7 years as a secondhand car. Probably I was fortunate to get the best built variant of Honda city

Honestly, I never thought I will keep Honda city for that long and that too a pre owned.

For new Car, my preference was a diesel engine, although I was open for Petrol also. Main reason being the fact that I wanted to use Diesel car before the next purchase, which is likely to be an EV and I have already owned 2 petrol Cars in the past. so despite DPF issues, I thought I will take a chance.

One Caveat - As you will see below. Engine + AT combo was my top preference. Hence if there was a petrol engine just like 330i in this price range, I would have gone for that instead of diesel (Wishful thinking)

Budget range: 25L – 35L. Extendable to 40 - 42L

Other cars considered:
1. Jeep compass diesel AT top variant (unfortunately no 4x2AT)
2. Jeep Meridian 4x2AT
3. Skoda Kodiaq – Dropped out post price hike on 1st day. Also L&K Variant was over budget
4. XUV700 – AXL AT AWD (Only AWD car considered due to overall value for money proposition)
5. VW Tiguan – But dropped post price and variant announcement
6. BMW X1 - Test drove in 2020. Feels too short on features today, but best one to drive
7. Tata Safari

Most important factors stack ranked
1. Engine and AT combination (Drive and refinement) – It had to be the best or close to the best in the segment. Preference was diesel
2. SUV – since my last 2 cars were hatchback and sedan
3. Space – Spacious 5 or 7 seater. Was indifferent between 5 or 7 seater
4. Features – It had to have all of them. That’s why preference was Top end model. Although only feature I was willing to let go was 4x4 depending on price of vehicle
5. Drivability – Preference towards softer tune of suspension, as I wanted to make city drives comfortable for family
6. Brand Value

ASS was also important, however for Bangalore most of the brands would fare well. CKD build quality was also an added advantage

Usage: Office and city runs + Outstation trips around Bangalore

Following is the sequence of events

2019: I have been on the lookout for new car since 2019. Almost finalised Seltos, but then backed out for wanting a better car. Then came Covid and Car search was paused.

2020: Waited for Tucson facelift. Test drove. But somehow could not go ahead with the booking due to dated interiors

2021: Jeep compass was a strong contender post AT launch. But again, somehow could not get over mediocre space and Engine + AT combo performance. Otherwise, it was quite good. Eventually only one reason why I did not end up with Jeep was the space offered for the asking price (Diesel AT Tope end)

Booked XUV 700 AXL AT AWD on Oct 8th night online with no price protection

2022: Was still waiting for perfect car. I was in touch with Hyundai for new Tucson launch.
Meridian was also a strong contender, but again, 8L price difference between compass and same engine + gearbox combo made me hesitant.
Also waited for Kodiaq and Tiguan. But none got through final shortlist. Had it been Kodiaq Diesel, it would have been my top choice

28th April: Pre-Pre booked new Tucson at 25K (unofficially)
18th July: received prebooking confirmation. Color preference was grey, starry night and White

25th July: Got call from Mahindra that AXL AWD AT Blue is ready for allocation. But I wanted to wait for Tucson price announcement and told them that I will wait for next allocation.

2nd Aug: Mail sent to Mahindra on confirmation on next allocation

All this happened assuming that new Tucson will be 4-5L more expensive than XUV700 AXL AT AWD variant. But I was wrong!!

10th Aug: Price announcement and I was in two minds again. Called Mahindra once to see if the allocation can be managed but received lukewarm response as the car was already allotted to someone else

16th Aug: Took comprehensive test drive of Diesel AT. Was convinced on the car, space on offer, drive, NVH and ADAS features. Backseat was a delight!

18th Aug: SA called with news that white Signature AT is available. Called Wife and she was reluctant for white color. So told I will wait. I had also not made up my mind on spending 10L more than XUV by then

16th Sept: SA tells that car is likely to be billed towards month end and asked me to keep finances ready

30th Sept: SA frantically calls saying Grey color has been billed to him and it can be allotted. But he needs full payment for confirmation. Did the paperwork finally that evening. Insurance was taken from outside.

In the meantime, got the City evaluated via Spinny. Sent the Spinny's 2nd quote to dealer to match and finally after lot of to and fro, he matched Spinny quote with ~8K difference on the last day (30th Sept). Why settled with 8K difference? Purely for convenience as I had only 1 car. Spinny wanted the car immediately

Not so good - Finally made peace with pricing. All cars are expensive and there is no point to worry about it via too much comparison. In my mind I probably paid 3-4L extra for Tucson

Good – Honda city gave me 1L extra price compared to when I evaluated it in 2019. Times have changed. Getting 1L extra after 3 years was a delight and somehow new car price seemed more reasonable post this.

11th Oct: Car registered and,

14th Oct: Took delivery (with number plate) by handing over Honda City

Total run till now ~ 650 Kms with one Sakleshpur trip with 5 adults + 2 children + Lot of luggage. Completed many office runs via some really narrow roads. Car is overall delight to drive.

ADAS is quite good. It is always on for me, even in the city. It keeps beeping, but I am Ok with that until the car is new. Bluelink is also activated and have tested the remote start stop with ease.

Few hiccups:
1.Tried to take no claim for Honda City, but somehow Digit screwed up the timelines and NCB certificate could not come in time. Took the insurance with Tata AIG finally on 2nd Oct and received no claim certificate from digit on 5th (after lot of follow-ups). Anyways, I will use the no claim certificate for next year if everything goes well

2.Diesel has some level of idling vibrations compared to Honda city. And sometimes they are felt while idling in city traffic. Went to service center, ran checkups and everything was fine. Again, test drove dealer vehicle and it was similar / worse feeling. Checked with few others. Finally made peace that it is how diesel is going to be! Honda City has spoiled me when it comes to refinement.

No PPF / Ceramic Coating till now. I am not sure if I will do any of that. Only Car accessory I got from dealer is cleaning kit and floor mats

However, I got 70Mai+ A5000 dashcam. I have installed front camera myself, rear camera is yet to be installed as I have not visited any workshop for rear camera wiring

Driving Impressions:

Ample power available all the time. While overtaking, aggressive tap on paddle launches the car like anything. Gearbox + Engine seems very refined and mature at all places. Cabin noise is very well controlled. I was able to test 120-130 speed range during the trip and speed is not felt inside the cabin

360 camera / Ventilated seats is boon in the city traffic. I am using ADAS functions also regularly without any hiccups. Apple Car play is also working as expected (wired only)

Few Pics of PDI - It was supposed to be on stockyard, but by the time we reached stock yard, Car had left for showroom. Reading on ODO = 15 Km

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0130.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0132.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0133.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0135.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0136.jpeg

Delivery Pics

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0161.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4519photo.jpg

Will try to update with more information as I get used to more features and driving conditions
SourPai is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:01   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
1.Tried to take no claim for Honda City, but somehow Digit screwed up the timelines and NCB certificate could not come in time. Took the insurance with Tata AIG finally on 2nd Oct and received no claim certificate from digit on 5th (after lot of follow-ups). Anyways, I will use the no claim certificate for next year if everything goes well
Congratulations on the stunning buy and wish you many thousands of miles or motoring!

W.r.t. the insurance, please approach TATA AIG with the original Digit NCB letter, and submit a written application for incorporating it into your current policy. They will refund your NCB portion of the OD premium on a prorated basis.

As per IRDA rules they are duty-bound to do so. Approach the Tata AIG local office directly, not through an agent or middleman. Carry proofs of old vehicle sale, RC transfer proof and any relevant documents - they cannot fob you off.

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st November 2022 at 18:07.
itwasntme is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:13   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Hi 992TurboS, Congratulations on your new car and post ceramic it just looks awesome. Nice information about the car handling and capabilities. The car space inside for a family to travel together is more than adequate for a luxurious travel. I have the same color but 2WD diesel. Wishing you many many more miles with the new car.
Thank you Mr. Murali! Congratulations to you too! My family enjoys the space and ride quality every single time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Superb looking car you got there 992! The Tucson should be bought only and only in diesel. 156 hp and 192 nm are not the power figures for this big a car. I have always loved the 3rd gen Tucson, Elantra and Santa Fe due to their elegant looks. This one will need some time to adjust to the looks, but looks really mean in this colour. Many miles of smiles!
Thank you! Couldn't agree more. Although 2.0 NA is sufficient for city and few highway runs, I'm enjoying the 2.0 CRDi, it does crazy speeds in no time. And it does look mean, especially at night, when you unlock it in the dark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
You can also say they are from Genesis!
That's quite an observation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
The Tucson has not been tested by GNCAP as far as I can find. The Euro-spec version received 5-stars in Euro NCAP while the spec sent to Latin NCAP initially got 0-star after which Hyundai made some improvements and added more safety equipment as standard. It then received 3-stars in Latin NCAP.
My bad, I meant Euro NCAP. Given that it's LWB and matches with the Australian specs, ANCAP scores 5 stars. Even though it mentions 3 star rating in Latin NCAP, it clearly mentions stable body shell. Being a CKD, it does give a peace of mind in terms of safety, I'm not worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase and here's to wishing you many years of driving pleasure and a happy ownership experience!

The spring also has a genesis logo on it Genesis=Hyundai's Lexus
Thank you! Again, Genesis logo is quite an observation, I noticed it later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Rear seat very spacious too, and without too much bling or useless fripperies. Interiors are super good quality, and far better than my 330i Sport.
Quite surprised you mentioned it's more comfortable than 330i. Congratulations! I hope you get your car delivered soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
Got the delivery of my New Hyundai Tucson 2.0 DSL 4WD last week, and boy what a car!!!
Congratulations Mr. Clifford, the car in the black looks stunning! Hope you post your initial impressions soon!

Quote:
However the Kodiaq being only in petrol, my choice currently is the Tucson. Few reasons:

1. The Kodiaq is the better luxury SUV, feels more premium and elegant.
2. The Tucson felt easier to drive in town and had a lot more features than the Kodiaq with ADAS and futuristic digital dials and a lot more tech.
3. The Tucson is better all rounder in city as it felt more nimble and practical to use as a daily. The Kodiaq is wider and feels a bigger car.
4. Personally being a complex euro with DSG it feels more delicate and I never feel like taking the Kodiaq for short city errands. Tucson on other hand felt more practical to use as a daily as well as highway.
I agree with you, Kodiaq feels more plush, Tucson feels roomy at the back. Knowing that Kodiaq is offered only in Petrol, it was still under consideration, but didn't want to risk the purchase after reading several DSG complexities and failures.

Quote:
Congratulations! Hoping you post your reviews post 10000kms!

Quote:
Have any of you folks who took the delivery got a hardwiring dome for the dash cam .? Any details regarding the,fuse box or fuse points .
AFAIK, you need to check if the manufacturer provides a parking mode cable. There are four types of cables:
1. Connect to 12V socket.
2. USB
3. Fusebox
4. OBD II
Make sure the installer AVOIDS SPLICING while installing dashcams or any third party accessory!!! I can't stress this enough! There's a reason why manufacturers provide different types of cables to avoid splicing and aiding clean installations. Just check the supplied cables or get the accessory cables as needed. You can connect up to two accessories to a Hyundai fusebox. I have Garmin Dashcam and purchased it's parking mode cable separately, plugged to it's fusebox (as it involves no splicing and doesn't technically void the warranty) so that it captures motions and impacts when parked. You can also connect using USB / 12V socket cables are neatly tucked and stuck using double sided tape (to avoid rattles) under the liner, B pillar (a little away from airbag module) tuck / stick the cable under the glove box and to the center console giving you a clean look, it will turn on when you crank the engine but USB / 12V socket versions won't allow you to trigger dash cam while parked. Dashcams from reputed brands have in depth instructions including color coding of wires to connect to fusebox. Parking mode cable enables dashcam (with a cut off timer) to draw power only when there's motion / impact detected when the car is parked.
These dashcams turn really hot that memory cards get fried, just make sure you get the high endurance version of the memory cards and keep spare ones handy. They're offered by SanDisk and Samsung.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2022 at 21:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
992TurboS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 20:22   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by 992TurboS View Post
AFAIK, you need to check if the manufacturer provides a parking mode cable. There are four types of cables:
1. Connect to 12V socket.
2. USB
3. Fusebox
4. OBD II
Make sure the installer AVOIDS SPLICING while installing dashcams or any third party accessory!!! I can't stress this enough! There's a reason why manufacturers provide different types of cables to avoid splicing and aiding clean installations. Just check the supplied cables or get the accessory cables as needed. You can connect up to two accessories to a Hyundai fusebox. I have Garmin Dashcam and purchased it's parking mode cable separately, plugged to it's fusebox (as it involves no splicing and doesn't technically void the warranty) so that it captures motions and impacts when parked. You can also connect using USB / 12V socket cables are neatly tucked and stuck using double sided tape (to avoid rattles) under the liner, B pillar (a little away from airbag module) tuck / stick the cable under the glove box and to the center console giving you a clean look, it will turn on when you crank the engine but USB / 12V socket versions won't allow you to trigger dash cam while parked. Dashcams from reputed brands have in depth instructions including color coding of wires to connect to fusebox. Parking mode cable enables dashcam (with a cut off timer) to draw power only when there's motion / impact detected when the car is parked.
These dashcams turn really hot that memory cards get fried, just make sure you get the high endurance version of the memory cards and keep spare ones handy. They're offered by SanDisk and Samsung.

Thanks
I got the Viofo T130 3 CH dash cam ,also the hardwire kit extra and the CPL. I went through many detailed YT videos about hardwire installation, non on the Tucson though.
Planning to have it powered via the 12 V cigarette lighter source and later to hardwire it via the kit.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2022 at 21:20. Reason: Quote tag fixed
bonesmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:10   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Tucson. Wish you many Happy miles. You mentioned that you are driving in narrow roads and city traffic in Bengaluru. How much milage is it showing in those stretches?
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:38   #554
BHPian

Quote:

Tried to take no claim for Honda City, but somehow Digit screwed up the timelines and NCB certificate could not come in time.
Congratulations on your new car.

Contact Tata AIG call center, ask for NCB form, fill it and attach NCB certificate provided by Digit and courier all documents to Tata AIG office address provided by them. They will reimburse the NCB amount.

(Note : Did this with Royal Sundaram and it worked. So assuming this should work with AIG too )
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:22   #555
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the Tucson! I have booked one as well plus upgrading from a 2012 model Honda City like yours. My 10 year old City still drives like new without any issues and it was very difficult for us to find a worthy upgrade. Finally we nailed down on Tucson as we felt it meets most of our criteria

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks