Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 15:02   #571
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post

[b]Initial Ownership Experience - Hyundai Tucson Signature 2.0 Diesel 2WD
Congratulations on your new ride. I checked out Tuscon last week and returned impressed with the space and packaging. One thing that makes this more desirable is the sharp design and longer wheelbase.

Quote:
[*]Missing features galore. Rear Sunblinds, Heated ORVM’s, Paddle Shifters, Cooled Glove box, Zero Type-C Charging, Wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay, etc. are absolute blasphemy. When I am spending Big-30, I expect some, if not all these in my car.
Exactly my thoughts, asked the exact same questions, specifically surprised to know that the central armrest was not cool considering how deep it was. I even asked about the heated ORVMs and was surprised to know that even that is missing. Rather than heated seats, they should have added the above-mentioned useful features. No sunshade blinds and as you said the absence of type c ports makes the overall experience bit disappointing in an otherwise well-packaged car considering the price point specifically.

Overall, I'm tempted to exchange/upgrade my harrier after checking out this car. The only other thing which I don't understand, most of the manufacturers are tilting toward almost white or very light-colored car upholstery and seat covers, it will be a real pain to keep them clean.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 17:52   #572

Congrats on your new ride ! Surprisingly, I live in the same location as yours. Your seems between Tower A1 and A2 and I reside in tower A5 and my Swift 0717 is parked in front of tower A5. Hopefully we meet soon !
AleksVB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 01:42   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2363505

Cars Considered:

1) Jeep Compass 'S' Diesel 9-Speed Auto
2) MG ZS EV
3) Hyundai Tucson Signature Diesel AWD

Firstly, the heartiest congratulation for owning the new beast. A friend of mine has purchased the same color Tuscon the other week, and I am itching to test drive it. Still, a quick question? You mentioned that the total outgo was approximately 37L - you could have got Innova Crysta for that price. Or may be, another 10L - which could have been enough for the Fortuner. Any particular reason that you did not consider Toyota?

The primary reason I am asking this question for is I see that Tuscon does not provide a lot of fancy features, same strategy like Toyota. Then, what made you choose Hyundai over Toyota?
Old 7th November 2022, 02:36   #574
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The 2.0 Diesel engine has power-on-tap.
Many congratulations on your new ride. Just curious did the NCR year 10 diesel ban not deter you from picking up the Diesel in GGN ?
Old 7th November 2022, 09:55   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
The Tucson has a ground clearance of 192 mm which is healthy enough for Indian road conditions.
Is this laden or unladen ground clearence? And is this ground clearance enough to make trips to Ladakh/Spiti without much fuss? My current Duster AWD has 210 mm clearance and did not face any issues with it.
Old 7th November 2022, 13:40   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Interesting change! Since most people are obsessed with 'upgrading' to a higher segment, what was your main motivator for buying this car? Just curious.
It is a long story
Right from my first car, I had always given weightage to performance and ride quality. My journey was from Zen-->Palio GTX-->Honda City Vtec-->Jetta-->Audi A4-->BMW 530i. But then I realized as I upgraded higher and higher, the more I have to think before taking my car out to the intended destination(road conditions, congestion, vandalism etc). And moreover when parents visit us, they find it too difficult to sit in sedans.
All these factors influenced me in choosing a mid size SUV as my next car. BMW X3 was my choice, but I felt that 85L on road price is too much for that. Tucson was almost the same size and ticked all my requirements at half that price.
madagascar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:57   #577
pms
BHPian

Quote:
I have had people meeting me in the Condo and Mall parking, at the traffic lights to speak, ogle and click pictures of the car. A full-on mini-celebrity moment for the car, albeit not for me. With its futuristic looks, it surely is an attention grabber. [*]Is a well-rounded fun-to-drive city dweller with sorted driving dynamics, easy steering, and quick reflexes. This is one SUV that feels like a sedan to drive.
First of all, congrats and wish you miles of safe drive! Tucson is definitely a looker and in most of the shades! Your review is crisp and to the point! Was going through the cons mentioned, cant understand the logic behind some of the missing features which are available in its siblings Alcazar and Creta half its price. Maybe it has to do with the CKD product, could have been different if manufactured in India. Somewhere you need to be at peace that you get a much better Diesel engine, drive experience, space, better premium feel, host of safety features in the form of ADAS and the reliable Hyundai after sales.

Maybe one question - how is the ambient light set up in Tucson, I understand that it doesnt have light strips running through all the doors? Would be great if you can pen your inputs here with some shots of lighting if possible.

Last edited by pms : 7th November 2022 at 13:59.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 17:25   #578
BHPian

Hello All..

Finally my Tucson has reached the yard planning to take delivery by Nov 20th once I reach India. Attaching pictures shared by my SA.

Colour - Fiery RED Dual tone
Varient - Signature edition 2WD
Fuel Type - Diesel

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-77b2db259c2e4e8d97d5bd63f7bf5cee.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-52216d328bc7413989511df354bb7b7e.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-f1aa81443b5240d982453c79bd6c5ea7.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-81eed6cdb76447b49f6c6bba016cad18.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1e1211ebff624d799cc1bde1b225fe60.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20221108-1.57.33-pm.jpeg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:17   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
First of all, congrats and wish you miles of safe drive! Tucson is definitely a looker and in most of the shades! Your review is crisp and to the point! Was going through the cons mentioned, cant understand the logic behind some of the missing features which are available in its siblings Alcazar and Creta half its price. Maybe it has to do with the CKD product, could have been different if manufactured in India. Somewhere you need to be at peace that you get a much better Diesel engine, drive experience, space, better premium feel, host of safety features in the form of ADAS and the reliable Hyundai after sales.

Maybe one question - how is the ambient light set up in Tucson, I understand that it doesnt have light strips running through all the doors? Would be great if you can pen your inputs here with some shots of lighting if possible.
--

Hi PMS,

You are absolutely true when you comment on the overall experience, and after-sales reliability. I can any day look away from the missing kits, as peace of mind, and the great mileage is all I need.

Now let's address the Elephant in the room - Ambient Lighting. To say the least, DISAPPOINTING is the word that you will attach to the famed 64-colour Ambient light in the Tucson. Here is the picture for your reference. Just a small LED on the wireless charging dock + 4 small LED's on the bottle holders is all you get. Plus, these are as faint as a lightfly in the Amazon jungle, that are there just for the heck of it. Not et all justifies the big 40L bucks, but that's all about it.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0598.jpg

However, a quick Rs. 6,000 install turns my Tucson into a high-end Mercedes equivalent. Post delivery, I got the Cardi K4 Ambient Light set installed in my car, and voila, I am grinning ear to ear. Here are some quick pictures that showcase the ambient light experience that elevates the in-car feel many a notch.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0599.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0600.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0601.jpg
BlackAdam is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:35   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, a quick Rs. 6,000 install turns my Tucson into a high-end Mercedes equivalent. Post delivery, I got the Cardi K4 Ambient Light set installed in my car, and voila, I am grinning ear to ear. Here are some quick pictures that showcase the ambient light experience that elevates the in-car feel many a notch.
Hey, looks nice! What was the outlay for the set, Where did you get it from, who installed it and where is the power sourced from? Is it a simple stick-on strip or needs any special preparation?

I am looking for one for my BMW 330i Sport.

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th November 2022 at 19:36.
Old 8th November 2022, 19:35   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksVB View Post
Congrats on your new ride ! Surprisingly, I live in the same location as yours. Your seems between Tower A1 and A2 and I reside in tower A5 and my Swift 0717 is parked in front of tower A5. Hopefully we meet soon !
Hey, AleksVB, glad to know that we are neighbours. I am at Tower A2. You will find the Tucson parked right next to the Medical Room. Come over home sometime. Glad to meet a fellow BHPian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. I checked out Tuscon last week and returned impressed with the space and packaging. One thing that makes this more desirable is the sharp design and longer wheelbase.

Exactly my thoughts, asked the exact same questions, specifically surprised to know that the central armrest was not cool considering how deep it was. I even asked about the heated ORVMs and was surprised to know that even that is missing. Rather than heated seats, they should have added the above-mentioned useful features. No sunshade blinds and as you said the absence of type c ports makes the overall experience bit disappointing in an otherwise well-packaged car considering the price point specifically.

Overall, I'm tempted to exchange/upgrade my harrier after checking out this car. The only other thing which I don't understand, most of the manufacturers are tilting toward almost white or very light-colored car upholstery and seat covers, it will be a real pain to keep them clean.
The seat upholstery is the biggest blunder Hyundai has made with this car. This is the perennial Achilles Heal. The driver and co-passenger seat of my car has soiled a lot in just a month and half of ownership. Getting a deep interior pampering done this coming weekend. Seems, an additional cost of cleaning is now attached to keep the car pristine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride. Just curious did the NCR year 10 diesel ban not deter you from picking up the Diesel in GGN ?
Hi MadHawk. Yes, the 10-year NCR life did play on my mind, but I may not run the car full-circle. As I see the Electric revolution kicking in, might as well turn over in the next 5-6 years. I think this could be a decent run for this stud before time runs out on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanjoy View Post
Firstly, the heartiest congratulation for owning the new beast. A friend of mine has purchased the same color Tuscon the other week, and I am itching to test drive it. Still, a quick question? You mentioned that the total outgo was approximately 37L - you could have got Innova Crysta for that price. Or may be, another 10L - which could have been enough for the Fortuner. Any particular reason that you did not consider Toyota?

The primary reason I am asking this question for is I see that Tuscon does not provide a lot of fancy features, same strategy like Toyota. Then, what made you choose Hyundai over Toyota?
Hello Anirban. Innova Cysta was never on my watchlist, as the family never liked the boxy design. Probably a Bangali mentality of not driving a car that is more of a Taxi/Touristy vehicle.

Plus, the 38L was my last stretch budget. Remember, I had a pocket of not more than 33-35L on road. Tucson juiced all my recreational monies, and adding another 10L would had been sacrilege for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
Is this laden or unladen ground clearence? And is this ground clearance enough to make trips to Ladakh/Spiti without much fuss? My current Duster AWD has 210 mm clearance and did not face any issues with it.
This is the unladed ground clearance, Shashank. I think this is well enough to make easy trips to Ladakh for sure. My brother just returned from an adventure Ladakh trip on his new Baleno, that runs with a 165mm unladen ground clearance. This gives me hope for a good mountain trip. Fingers crossed!
BlackAdam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:41   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, looks nice! What was the outlay for the set, who installed it and where is the power sourced from? Is it a simple stick-on strip or needs any special preparation?

I am looking for one for my BMW 330i Sport.
--

Thanks Brother for the appreciation. This is a simple plug and play device that connects to the USB Port with no wire cuts. Switches on as soon as Car is powered on. Only downside was that the car door inside shell needed to be removed to install the LED strips, rest were just clip-ons via 3M tapes.

This was done at Auto Music Emporium, Karol Bagh, New Delhi and the entire installation was done within 2 hours.

You can check out Cardi K4 Ambient Light that will be available at any Car Accessories shop nearby and choose the variations (6-piece, 10-piece, 12-piece, or 18-piece) according to your need. Cheers!
BlackAdam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 20:35   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can check out Cardi K4 Ambient Light that will be available at any Car Accessories shop nearby and choose the variations (6-piece, 10-piece, 12-piece, or 18-piece) according to your need. Cheers!
Super, thanks! Which variant did you buy?
Old 8th November 2022, 21:05   #584

Quote:
Hey, AleksVB, glad to know that we are neighbours. I am at Tower A2. You will find the Tucson parked right next to the Medical Room. Come over home sometime. Glad to meet a fellow BHPian.
Sure ! Will be meeting soon. I also remember that earlier MG Hector was parked in that spot. And yes I see your beautiful Tucson parked next to a Brezza.
Old 8th November 2022, 21:10   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Super, thanks! Which variant did you buy?
--

Mine is the Diesel 2.0 Automatic Signature variant (Non-4WD).
BlackAdam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks