Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2022, 06:51   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
--

Mine is the Diesel 2.0 Automatic Signature variant (Non-4WD).
Thanks, I meant the Cardi kit. Which variant did you buy?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 09:18   #587
pms
BHPian

Quote:
--

Thanks Brother for the appreciation. This is a simple plug and play device that connects to the USB Port with no wire cuts. Switches on as soon as Car is powered on. Only downside was that the car door inside shell needed to be removed to install the LED strips, rest were just clip-ons via 3M tapes.
Looks very neat and premium. Does the strip has only 1 ambient color or it has multiple options?
Old 9th November 2022, 12:08   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Post delivery, I got the Cardi K4 Ambient Light set installed in my car, and voila, I am grinning ear to ear. Here are some quick pictures that showcase the ambient light experience that elevates the in-car feel many a notch.
Looks cool. Where is the controller for the entire lighting placed? Is it hidden?
Old 9th November 2022, 14:58   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, I meant the Cardi kit. Which variant did you buy?
--

Sorry, it's the Cardi K4 18-piece variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Looks very neat and premium. Does the strip has only 1 ambient color or it has multiple options?
--

Hey, it has multiple colours that can be controlled via an Android/IOS app. I am told by the dealer that the it has infinite colours to choose from, and has 26 colour combination variants. Still to cycle through, as the soothing blue, and racy red are my colour choices for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
Looks cool. Where is the controller for the entire lighting placed? Is it hidden?
--

It is neatly tucked behind the steering wheel column and is easy controllable.
BlackAdam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:32   #590

Hello everyone,
I am new to the community. I took delivery of my Tucson AWD two weeks back. While driving the vehicle , I noticed a constant faint bubbling/ popping noise arising most of the time from the front left door area (site not very sure) especially while driving over undulating/ uneven surface at a very slow pace. This noise seems to disappear upon opening the left door slightly or opening/tilting the sunroof. I brought it to the notice of Hyundai service manager. Vehicle was taken to the service centre and apparently checked for all possible causes and returned back to me. Problem couldn't not be resolved. Service manager wanted to check other Tucson vehicles and get back to me. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed similar noise in their Tucson? Please let me know.
CARnivore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:39   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARnivore View Post
Hello everyone,
I am new to the community. I took delivery of my Tucson AWD two weeks back. While driving the vehicle , I noticed a constant faint bubbling/ popping noise arising most of the time from the front left door area (site not very sure) especially while driving over undulating/ uneven surface at a very slow pace. This noise seems to disappear upon opening the left door slightly or opening/tilting the sunroof. I brought it to the notice of Hyundai service manager. Vehicle was taken to the service centre and apparently checked for all possible causes and returned back to me. Problem couldn't not be resolved. Service manager wanted to check other Tucson vehicles and get back to me. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed similar noise in their Tucson? Please let me know.
I also have a 4WD. I dont have this issue in Tucson, but had the exact issue in my wife's one year old i20. The sound comes only when driving in uneven surface. Last week, I took the SA with me for a drive and he could identify the source of the problem (within the door). He fixed it and now the sound has reduced by 70%. When I complained about it again, they have arranged for the technician to come to my home, this Friday. Will update after that exercise
Old 10th November 2022, 00:54   #592

Folks, need some guidance in maintaining the interiors. I live in Mahadevpura, Whitefield in a gated society. Have a guy who charges ₹500 a month to clean my small hatchback. I feel, the guy isn’t eligible to maintain Tucson. He might end up micro-scratching the windshield and soil the interiors. Do you have a recommendation of a place that I can take the car to- parhaps, once in two months mainly for leatherette-upholstery maintenance?
Old 10th November 2022, 11:17   #593
BHPian

I recently took delivery of a shiny Red & Black Tucson AWD just before Diwali.
This post combines my perspective of decision making, driving a Tucson and what it feels like for someone who does multiple categories upgrade after 10 years. Also, for those who want to see how the car looks in Red.

My previous car was a10yr old Honda Jazz 1st Gen facelift with ABS BED and dual airbags. It came with all the bells and whistles for that time and was an overpriced car then (it seems like I have a knack for it).

Decision Making:
My criteria were simple: Safety, comfortable ride quality, a powerful engine, ventilated seats and a panoramic sunroof. From my journey with Jazz and 1st version of SCross, I am a firm believer in cars sold by volume manufacturers but not Indianized. It is a sweet spot for quality service and uncompromised product for which you are essentially paying a little more.
Tiguan and Kodiaq were considered, but the price, ride quality (Tiguan) and unreliable gearbox were the deal breakers for me.

My driving is very low post-pandemic, and petrol made the most sense, but the powerful good ones are offered only with the unreliable gearbox. The better half declined a used car. Entry models of luxury Germans were ruled out since they are not their true brand entry points (tribal knowledge on our forum—no offence to those who own one. I didn't care about the brand name. At the same time, it did poke me that I was paying so much for a Hyundai, but this was not my first rodeo of overpaying (Honda Jazz – wink wink). Also, having driven a 12 yr old 1st gen Santro I knew the quality of engineering Hyundai puts in.

I love Tata and Mahindra products: Safari: It has an excellent build quality, but some pieces were an excuse for a feature – a tiny portion of the seat is ventilated. Some switches near the dome felt like they were lifted from an old electronics product. This is where I get uncomfortable with Tata, they do great overall products, but there are hidden surprises of poor execution that makes me wonder how many such internal things were left undercooked. XUV700 had a long waiting period, and too much software in a Mahindra is a big no for me. The whole fail-fast agile method that some software industry applies is scary.

Besides the quirky design which I hated earlier, I had nothing to complain about in Tucson on paper while buying. But some things hurt now.

EDIT:

Another important aspect of the decision-making was Petrol vs Diesel. I didn't follow the traditional way of choosing diesel for high running, which I don't have. I don't think the mileage is the great deciding factor when the characteristics of Petrol vs Diesel are so different. I would say go for it if you want the torque. DEF clogging risk exists with Diesel, but heck there is no perfect car.

Ownership Experience till now:
I will not bore you with the buying phases and delivery details, but I got all the support from Arsh Hyundai Sion for a PDI and delivery as needed. I could not negotiate on the insurance price because I got an accidental early delivery for the exact colours and model I wanted. They were allotted two Red Dual Tone cars- one with 2WD and the other AWD and it seemed like one customer cancelled, and I was the one who wanted a little offbeat colour for Tucson.

Since the last 3 weeks, the car reads 1200+ km, which is a mix of city driving, idling the vehicle at late night eat outs and a 700 km Mumbai-Hyderbad Road trip. I have also added DDPAI Z50 Dual Dashcam but have not hardwired it. I have safe covered parking at home and office and don't see a need for hardwiring it.

I had big plans of doing PPF but gave up on it, knowing they would have to open the trims to do a good job. I am a little old school and believe factory fit is factory fit. The plastics, when put together for the first time, take shape if opened they will never go back again the same way. I followed that policy for my Jazz and never had a rattle in 10 years. I also like to buy the car loaded and maintain as much stock as possible.

Some observations from all the driving I have done to date.
  • The feel of upgrading from sub-4meter 1.2lt NA Petrol 88 BHP and 110 NM to 4.6m 2.0lt Turbocharged Diesel with 186 BHP and 416 NM is stark and, at times, difficult to get comfortable. Add to this automatics-ness of everything in the car against the Jazz’s pure mechanical character. For me, everything is different, and I took time to get used to it.
  • The car looks magnificent in red colour. The dual-tone treatment makes it look a lot more stable. But this could be just me feeling this after spending that amount.
  • Ventilated seats are a boon, and so are seat warmers. On my road trip, I started from hot and humid Mumbai to chilly and dry Hyderabad weather. While I used ventilated seats throughout the day, I washed my face in Telangana only to realise I had splashed myself with very chilly water. Switching on the warmers was very comforting and almost felt like a light heat massage.
  • You will not feel the need for paddle shifters. I enjoy the manual but the gearbox's sheer torque and responsiveness are more than enough. Since it is not yet popular on the road it feels like a sleeper car. I have had numerous experiences on the Mumbai Pune expressway where some rashly driven cars with “Desh ka engine” (which I love by the way) would come behind you and keep honking to give way. It was such a delight that I could switch lanes and let the dude come side-by-side and floor. The grin on my face. It was so much fun.
  • I have completely put all things ADAS on warning-only mode, and disabled the lane assist alarm. It was a nuisance on highways and is a nuisance on our roads where a bridge with two lanes lands on a road with three lanes and mismatched lines.
  • I also drove the petrol version, and I feel it is not as bad as it has been called out on our forum. It is still reasonably powerful. So those who are okay with spending big bucks on Hyundai, go for it. The refinement of this car is really good, extremely good. You may need some working through gears if you want some enthusiastic driving. Obviously, it will not compare to Turbocharged VAG, but that is physics.
  • The music system is not that great, with very few adjustments for sound output. Also, I had recently upgraded my setup in Jazz to JBL GTO series component speakers front and back with tweeters, which could have raised my expectation. But I am not an audiophile, so not a deal breaker.
  • Let’s accept the lights are mediocre for the price point. I will also need time to get used to LED lights and white colour. My Jazz had halogens with unmentionable high-wattage bulbs. This is the only sore point in the whole car and doesn’t come with an easy fix. Any upgrade is going to void the warranty.
  • I also had a small mishap on my way back. On the highways during dusk, I was doing a comfortable pace of below 70, and a dog jumped out of bushes and hit the front bumper. It bounced off, but my bumper and the chrome lip took a hit and now have a crack. Maybe better lights could have helped. I don’t know.

Here are some un-edited photos of the beauty in red.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20221020_094544641_ios.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20221020_094555599_ios.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_20221020_151637.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_20221020_151620.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img20221029173542.jpg

It was difficult for me to give away the Jazz.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img20221017150507.jpg

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th November 2022 at 14:49. Reason: Included EDIT (as requested)
naikameya is online now   (32) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:14   #594
BHPian

Congratulations on your new vehicle. I appreciate you bringing up the issue with the front lights as well; I, too, thought they had a bit less throw than, say, a Tiguan. Sorry about your minor highway mishap.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:34   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARnivore View Post
. . . . I noticed a constant faint bubbling/ popping noise arising most of the time from the front left door area (site not very sure) especially while driving over undulating/ uneven surface at a very slow pace. This noise seems to disappear upon opening the left door slightly or opening/tilting the sunroof..
I have the diesel AWD, and I get a very very mild bubbling sound after I switch off the engine. It is so faint that if I am in a hurry I don't notice it. I notice it only when I continue to sit in the car after switching it off in a quiet place. It sounds like bubbles rising through a liquid. It doesn't bother me as it is super low volume and I usually don't stay in the car after switching off.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 17:07   #596
BHPian

Hello fellow Tucsonians,

Need a huge help. I am unable to source any accessories for my Tucson across Delhi-NCR. Will any good soul have any information about the places that I can source the bare minimum accessories (door visor and sun blinds). Happy to liaison across India to get these ones out.
Old 10th November 2022, 19:44   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I recently took delivery of a shiny Red & Black Tucson AWD just before Diwali.
This post combines my perspective of decision making, driving a Tucson and what it feels like for someone who does multiple categories upgrade after 10 years. Also, for those who want to see how the car looks in Red.
Congratulation & wishing you an adventurous journey and more prosperity in the coming days!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th November 2022 at 22:30. Reason: quote tags
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 23:21   #598

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I also have a 4WD. I dont have this issue in Tucson, but had the exact issue in my wife's one year old i20. The sound comes only when driving in uneven surface. Last week, I took the SA with me for a drive and he could identify the source of the problem (within the door). He fixed it and now the sound has reduced by 70%. When I complained about it again, they have arranged for the technician to come to my home, this Friday. Will update after that exercise
Thanks for the reply. Though it is a faint noise ,it's quite annoying in a new vehicle. I was told that normally there would be couple of vents somewhere inside for air to pass from inside to outside. When those vents malfunction such noise may possibly arise it seems. I am waiting to hear from the manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
I have the diesel AWD, and I get a very very mild bubbling sound after I switch off the engine. It is so faint that if I am in a hurry I don't notice it. I notice it only when I continue to sit in the car after switching it off in a quiet place. It sounds like bubbles rising through a liquid. It doesn't bother me as it is super low volume and I usually don't stay in the car after switching off.
Thanks for the reply. I have not observed this noise yet in my vehicle. I shall check next time.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th November 2022 at 10:46. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 11th November 2022, 11:37   #599
BHPian

Hello fellow Tucson Owners, my dealer just called back saying that Hyundai is not accepting SOT for Tucson and they are going to refund the amount since they had taken it from me. Are you also hearing the same thing? I bought my car from Arsh Hyundai Sion Mumbai.
Old 11th November 2022, 19:32   #600

Quote:
Hello fellow Tucsonians,

...accessories for my Tucson across Delhi-NCR. Will any good soul have any information about the places that I can source the bare minimum accessories (door visor and sun blinds)...
Dear BlackAdam: you can try Nikku Car decor in Karol Bagh (9525001040), who is one of the popular car accessory chaps in the Delhi NCR region, certainly on YouTube. I will also check with a few other folks and revert if I get lucky with your ask. All the best.
Lion hearted is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks