Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 19:46   #601

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

I had booked 2wd diesel signature around 20th July @ Bangalore, before the official launch. Still awaiting any confirmation on allocation. Dealer is saying it can be 6-12 months of waiting depending upon variant/colour option. Not sure if I am getting true picture or being shortchanged.

Losing patience, but dont have any worthwhile option unless the budget is increased substantially.
Old 12th November 2022, 15:55   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanny View Post
I had booked 2wd diesel signature around 20th July @ Bangalore, before the official launch. Still awaiting any confirmation on allocation. Dealer is saying it can be 6-12 months of waiting depending upon variant/colour option. Not sure if I am getting true picture or being shortchanged.

Losing patience, but dont have any worthwhile option unless the budget is increased substantially.
The dealers do not have any clue on Hyundai's production schedule for Tucson. So they were just told by Hyundai to play that response whenever someone asks about delivery. Since you have booked in July itself, you should be getting by this month end or by mid December.
madagascar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 15:58   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion hearted View Post
Dear BlackAdam: you can try Nikku Car decor in Karol Bagh (9525001040), who is one of the popular car accessory chaps in the Delhi NCR region, certainly on YouTube. I will also check with a few other folks and revert if I get lucky with your ask. All the best.
Did you buy any accessory till now, except for the mats? I am eagerly waiting for the side step. My dealer told me that he might get those accessories in 10 days. But I am not sure whether it is possible or not.
madagascar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 16:07   #604
BHPian

After 500 kms of driving Tucson, I experienced the forward collision assistance twice yesterday. In both cases, I felt that I had the complete control of the situation, but the car felt otherwise. It was indeed scary when the car takes control over you and jams the brakes all of a sudden.

I immediately changed the setting to "warning" only. I can never drive the car with the setting as "Active Assistance" after yesterday's experience. But unfortunately this setting gets overwritten everytime the car is started. The other driver assistance settings retain their value to whatever we have set.

Any thoughts on how to permanently change this setting to "Warning" only?
madagascar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 09:05   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
But unfortunately this setting gets overwritten everytime the car is started. The other driver assistance settings retain their value to whatever we have set.

Any thoughts on how to permanently change this setting to "Warning" only?
ADAS is not useful in typical Indian conditions. I had all features on warning mode only since day 1. I have also disabled lane drift assist, not even warning since it was annoying on my long drive and doesn't help in a city where there are old faint stripes or mismatch of stripes.
In my experience, they do not reset. I will check again if there is some setting for it. But they do not reset for sure. I have had warnings for a couple of times in 1300+ km and I was in absolute control of the situation. Once it was when I was overtaking and there was a stationary car parked a little outside on road.
naikameya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 09:51   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
In my experience, they do not reset. I will check again if there is some setting for it.
All other driver assistance options do not reset, except for forward collision assistance. It has been clearly mentioned in the user manual also. Please check your FCA option. Probably you never came across a situation which required immediate brake assistance 😀
madagascar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 10:20   #607

The forward safety option is by default set to active assist every time the vehicle starts. Every time I start my vehicle, the first thing I do is connect my phone to apple carplay, then turn forward safety to warning only. Rest all are assists remain on their previous selections. No option to keep Warning only option permanently on for forward safety. Maybe after a software update or at the service centre, I will find out.
clifford is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 14:25   #608

Hello All, did a PDI of my booking today. In summary I didn’t anything to worry, but need a little help with the VIN number. Going by the spec, I could tell that the year was indeed 2022( the 10th character being ‘N’). Couldn’t make out the month as the number had only 11 characters. Attaching the picture for reference.
Appreciate if any of you could me decipher that.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-099ac0aa3eda4547b19a2bea0b2c5622.jpeg  

Old 14th November 2022, 08:40   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
The forward safety option is by default set to active assist every time the vehicle starts.
The settings persist for me. Maybe a dump question, is the blue link enabled and the settings applied to your user account ( not a guest user or something similar to it)?
Old 14th November 2022, 09:33   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranganath.reddy View Post
Couldn’t make out the month as the number had only 11 characters.
As far as I am aware this is not the complete VIN. Ask your SA for the same from the Hyundai system or from the vehicle chassis itself.

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th November 2022 at 09:35.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 11:07   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by samraat View Post
The settings persist for me. Maybe a dump question, is the blue link enabled and the settings applied to your user account ( not a guest user or something similar to it)?
Yes, I checked that too! Initially I thought too, that it’s got something to do with the Driver Profile. After linking my profile with Bluelink. I thought it may not reset, but it did. Hope there some setting hidden somewhere.
Old 14th November 2022, 11:22   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranganath.reddy View Post
Hello All, did a PDI of my booking today. In summary I didn’t anything to worry, but need a little help with the VIN number. Going by the spec, I could tell that the year was indeed 2022( the 10th character being ‘N’). Couldn’t make out the month as the number had only 11 characters. Attaching the picture for reference.
Appreciate if any of you could me decipher that.
Thanks
The VIN continues on the line below

Combine the two to get the full VIN
In your case it should be MALJC81CSNM011566
EazyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:01   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
Yes, I checked that too! Initially I thought too, that it’s got something to do with the Driver Profile. After linking my profile with Bluelink. I thought it may not reset, but it did. Hope there some setting hidden somewhere.
For me also, my profile is linked to Bluelink. But the setting always resets. And the manual also mentions that FCA would always reset, when engine is restarted. Please see below.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-manual-screenshot-1.png

The manual also tells that if ESC is OFF, then FCA will be disabled. Please see below
Name:  Manual Screenshot 2.png
Views: 1310
Size:  118.7 KB
madagascar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:08   #614

This is my first post and I am excited to be part of the t-bhp family!

I have booked Tucson AWD in August at Advaith Dealership, Bangalore. Initially I was told waiting period of 6-7 months which is now 6-12 months, though I never received official communication from Hyundai, but my SA told manufacturing/ assembly has been slowed down due to year-end and will ramp up next year, delivery timeline will remain same as promised.
Old 14th November 2022, 15:03   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDriver View Post
The VIN continues on the line below

Combine the two to get the full VIN
In your case it should be MALJC81CSNM011566
Thank you for the reply. I did combine to get the 17 digits. However I was missing the month of manufacture as that come in the 19th digit. I was hoping that the rest of the info on the sticker would help determine the month and hence I posted the image.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks