Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 18:49   #646
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
ADAS in warning only mode is what we should be using in most scenarios till we get comfortable.
I have almost driven Tucson its first 1000 KMs now. I too had emergency braking 3 times. 2 times, it became nervous with pedestrians.

In Bengaluru (I am sure elsewhere in Bharat too) it is very common that pedestrians come too close to the car on roadside. Even when driving in very slow speed, as human we can sense that they won't collide but the car thinks otherwise.

The 2 incidents were exactly same. First one when a group of college returning teenagers came close to the car on the left side. Second one in front of a bus stop when a person suddenly peeked in between.

I got a bit annoyed but was not really concerned because I was damn slow anyway (which is what one can manage on Bengaluru roads )

The third one was really helpful. I was reversing in front of my house and came too close to a tree because I got distracted by something. It applied hard brakes and made sure I did not collide. I thought that was really useful.

Then I tried similar situations again and again, finally settled on this on higher speeds:
  1. Set FCA warning timing to "Normal". This gives an early warning.
  2. When the warning comes up, gently press the brake pedal to slow down.
  3. Make sure to maintain a distance so that you can see the tire of vehicle in front.

This should not kick in hard braking. What I noticed is, it applies hard braking when it senses that reaction from the driver is not adequate to slow down TO ITS LIKING when the warning is shown.

After all, it is "Driver Assistance" so we should use it as assistant and act on the suggestions
KrishKallapur is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 10:25   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
However, the most disappointing part of the entire test drive was the attitude of the dealership Dee Emm Hyundai, Gurgaon.
I felt the same when I first visited the showroom (KUN OMR, Chennai). I went to the showroom to look at it and see if a test drive was available. Nobody seemed to bother as to why I was there in the showroom first place. I checked out the vehicle on my own and approached a sales guy for the price. He just gave me a piece of paper with the price list and went away. Pretty awful experience overall, though the vehicle was impressive.

Then I reached the same showroom over the phone. This time, the SA called me and he was proactive. Since the vehicle was too much in demand, I had to visit the showroom for a TD, but the SA allowed me to take it for a different route than their standard sketch. Also, on a later date, he brought home the TD vehicle, so that I can test it on my "known and used" roads.

End of the day, I guess, it boils down to the SA and not the showroom. It is also possible that they have dedicated SAs for Tucson and they know the target audience and react in a different way.
alagusankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:36   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagusankar View Post
It is also possible that they have dedicated SAs for Tucson and they know the target audience and react in a different way.
Correct. At least in BLR, Hyundai has appointed dedicated SAs in every dealership to be the SPoC for all Tuscon queries and interaction.
Old 21st November 2022, 19:58   #649
BHPian

Finally !!!! All new TUCSON

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4140.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-3.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-5.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-4.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-7.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4170.jpg
Mathan1130 is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:16   #650
BHPian

Hello All..

Visited the 3M showroom got the Sun control film & Nomad Mats.

Front Windshield - CR 50

Sides/Rear - RE 50
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-2.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-4.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-5.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-6.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-8.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-12.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-67.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-11.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-22.jpg  

Mathan1130 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:48   #651

Congratulations on your car !! Can you share the headlight response in the night?
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:38   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceforthewin View Post
Congratulations on your car !! Can you share the headlight response in the night?
Hello there,

My previous car was Elite i20 in which the headlight setup came with Projectors with halogen bulbs which I upgraded to OSRAM HID bulbs with 4300k.

Comparing with the HID setup the light throw of Tucson is above average I would rate 5 out of 10. For city use its more than adequate but for Highway drive it's poor you can't drive above 100KM speed confidently !

I am planning to install the LED light Bar as shown in the below video.

Mathan1130 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:02   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello there,

My previous car was Elite i20 in which the headlight setup came with Projectors with halogen bulbs which I upgraded to OSRAM HID bulbs with 4300k.

Comparing with the HID setup the light throw of Tucson is above average I would rate 5 out of 10. For city use its more than adequate but for Highway drive it's poor you can't drive above 100KM speed confidently !

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MnOJ...ORIESHYDERABAD
I would strongly suggest against going for such modifications. It is illegal and completely blinds oncoming traffic. If you have utter disregard for law and fellow citizens, you may go ahead and get this installed. However, I would not suggest doing this one bit.
The other day, I was blinded by an Innova with a similar light bar installed. This was on top of the high beam that anyway blinds you. Also, it is a complete eyesore in my opinion.
umairalvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:14   #654
BHPian

There is a 2WD Signature Red Diesel Tucson readily available at Arsh Hyundai Sion Mumbai. You can contact them if you are looking for one.
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:49   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
I would strongly suggest against going for such modifications. It is illegal and completely blinds oncoming traffic. If you have utter disregard for law and fellow citizens, you may go ahead and get this installed. However, I would not suggest doing this one bit.
The other day, I was blinded by an Innova with a similar light bar installed. This was on top of the high beam that anyway blinds you. Also, it is a complete eyesore in my opinion.

Hello umairalvi,

I am yet to decide on that. Can you suggest alternate workaround to sort the problem. 70% of my drives will be during the night time.

Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2022, 16:27   #656
BHPian

Sirish Chandran found the Tucson impressive on icy roads.

https://twitter.com/sirishchandran/s...uZ8C2NGakkCE7w

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2022 at 18:29. Reason: Added content
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:27   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All..

Visited the 3M showroom got the Sun control film & Nomad Mats.

Front Windshield - CR 50

Sides/Rear - RE 50
You are the Red-dys
Congrats. Enjoy the ride.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:52   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Hello umairalvi,

I am yet to decide on that. Can you suggest alternate workaround to sort the problem. 70% of my drives will be during the night time.

Thanks.
Well, at the moment, I don't think I have any workarounds for you. Also, given how rare the Tucson is, you would find most third party shops reluctant to work on the car. My suggestion is to first get advice from Hyundai regarding the effect this kind of modification will have on warranty There are chances a light modification may void it. You may also enquire about the availabilty of a projector setup as an accesory in the future.

Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck with this set of headlights. I am not sure how feasible it is to procure a set of projector headlamps from abroad because I don't think they are available with Indian vendors yet.
Old 24th November 2022, 13:00   #659
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a very recent article relevant to you: https://www.cartoq.com/court-sentenc...modifications/

It mentions auxiliary lights as well. I hope you make the right decision.
Old 24th November 2022, 15:45   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Here is a very recent article relevant to you: https://www.cartoq.com/court-sentenc...modifications/

It mentions auxiliary lights as well. I hope you make the right decision.

Hello Shailendrakr,

Check the below thread from "Stribog" our member who has installed the Hella 470 Light bar in his Kia Seltos.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...70-review.html (Hella Light Bar 470 Review)

Most Viewed