Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:41   #751
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Navigation software update is available now to be downloaded and installed.
https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/updateNoticeView/970#

I have just downloaded in an USB stick and started the update in my car. Will go after 1 hour and will check the progress. The message pops up in the instrumentation cluster that the update will continue to happen even when the vehicle is switched off. Cool

Will update once the installation is completed
madagascar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:42   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
Navigation software update is available now to be downloaded and installed.
https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/updateNoticeView/970#

I have just downloaded in an USB stick and started the update in my car. Will go after 1 hour and will check the progress. The message pops up in the instrumentation cluster that the update will continue to happen even when the vehicle is switched off. Cool

Will update once the installation is completed
The update was successful. At a glance, I could see some graphical changes in DAW screen. Maps is updated.
Old 4th January 2023, 12:23   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
The update was successful. At a glance, I could see some graphical changes in DAW screen. Maps is updated.
Thank you for letting us know about the update. I have updated the map and software, but I cannot see the Sound Effects button in the media player. Is it displaying for you? Attaching the screenshot from the link that you have shared for reference.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson_screen.png
Old 4th January 2023, 21:34   #754
BHPian

This new generation hyundai tucson is a much better looker than the previous gen. Much more appealing and great road presence. The taillights at night look really cool.
Old 5th January 2023, 00:41   #755

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-fec839eca2f04cf99ab44aa0b928e074.jpeg

Can someone please confirm when/how does the long horizontal tail light right below Hyundai logo turns on?

In the photo, the car is in P gear. Can someone let me know how do I check this?
Old 5th January 2023, 05:21   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
Attachment 2399994

Can someone please confirm when/how does the long horizontal tail light right below Hyundai logo turns on?

In the photo, the car is in P gear. Can someone let me know how do I check this?
Guess it would be when the headlights are on?
Old 5th January 2023, 06:35   #757

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

You are also requested to go through our Posting Etiquettes for better post composition.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 tsi L&K
(TDed it loved it)

OR

Hyundai Tucson 2.0 diesel signature AT (not looking for AWD) doesn't make sense for me.
(TD not possible due to unavailability have requested the same but did have a look it was good).

Also brag value is a need (not to sound snobbish but yes).

Also redirect me in the forum where people can help me better with this choice if not here.

Have consumed at least 10 videos each for both the cars

I currently have a Jetta highline tdi 2015 model and an Innova Crysta AT.

I travel 50km per day and need a large boot of 400 litres at-least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
It would depend on what is a 'good replacement' according to you.
If it is new features, lively cabin, feel good factor of new car etc., it would definitely be a good replacement for Jetta. Also would be more reliable considering new car.
But if it is ride and handling, performance, fun to drive etc., it wouldn't be (based on my extensive drive of Jetta and previous Tucson). Personally I wouldnt trade off Jetta for Tucson, as Jetta is a much superior product which is almost there with big 3 Germans. I would rather do a stage 1 remap and bump up the power
Damm!! Exactly what I was thinking to do with my Jetta although I am need for another car so I have been confused about the Octavia and Tucson as posted.

Anyone you know in Mumbai for remap?

Last edited by Sheel : 5th January 2023 at 11:01. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 5th January 2023, 14:58   #758
BHPian

Some thoughts after booking Tucson Signature 4wd:
  • Car looks modern. Very stylish and unique.
  • Interiors quality is top notch. Lack of rear window blinds at this price point doesn't make you feel good.
  • Ride is a little busy on bad roads. But very sorted on highways or cities.
  • Engine and gear box combination is amazing. I'm sold on this.
  • Ergonomics is outstanding. Be it for passenger or driver - there is no car that can come near Tucson in this department south of 50L.
  • Parts availability seems to be a concern. Some of the incidents on Old Tucson threads don't give us a sense of confidence on Hyundai support for Tucson.
  • Parts cost too seem to be quite high.

The parts/accessories availability keeps me thinking still and not very sure if I should go for it. Any thoughts from current owners on the concerns I have listed?
Old 5th January 2023, 18:12   #759
BHPian

Hello everyone. Wishing all members a happy, healthy and safe New Year.

Dropping in a quick hello to share average fuel efficiency figures of my Tucson Signature. The following pictures are from a drive for work - Gurugram to Nehru Place and back - roughly a 35kms one side drive.

I for the first time slotted the car in Eco mode and following are the average fuel efficiency figures. Mind you, these are mid-week, traffic-filled road drives that started at 9:30am in the morning, and ended at about 5pm in the evening, hence driven in midst of choc-a-bloc traffic snarls across NH8 and Outer Ring Road, New Delhi.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1571.jpg

Nearing completion of the drive from Dwarka Expressway, Gurugram to Nehru Place, New Delhi

--

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1578.jpg

In midst of the drive back in the evening from Nehru Place to Gurugram via Outer Ring Road and NH-8.

The car performance in the ECO mode was satisfactory with no visible lags, or drags during pickups, overtakes or general driving. Happy to answer questions, if any.
BlackAdam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:27   #760
BHPian

Tucson owners, I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer to across all the reviews - do the rear windows go down fully?

Joe
d_payne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 21:08   #761
Senior - BHPian

Guys a query.
I did a second TD of the Tucson yesterday, this time with the Diesel engined variant and my opinion changed quite a bit on this vehicle, compared to the initial Test Drive with the Petrol unit. What a stonker of an engine! : )

My question, is it advisable to buy a Diesel Tucson in 2023 given what people are saying about regulation on it being banned/phased out in X amount of years. A friend of mine told me my resale value would be near nil in 5-6 years, given I am someone who uses cars for 8-10 years this is something of a concern.

Thank you for your time.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 03:36   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

My question, is it advisable to buy a Diesel Tucson in 2023 given what people are saying about regulation on it being banned/phased out in X amount of years. A friend of mine told me my resale value would be near nil in 5-6 years, given I am someone who uses cars for 8-10 years this is something of a concern.

We can only speculate what course governments take in the future. But if the recent NCR prohibition of vehicle movements when pollution hit sky high is any indication, BSVI Diesels were not restricted.

Technically, Diesels and Petrols are equally (non-)polluting after BSVI - Diesels are a little less so considering their higher mileage and hence a lower pollution-per-KM.

Will governments consider all this in the future - your guess is as good as mine. But then, if a future ban on vehicles affect BSVI Diesels and not Petrols, that would be pretty absurd.
ph03n!x is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 14:13   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
Attachment 2399994

Hi, the horizontal tail light running across the width turns on when you hit the brakes and when you unlock the car ( provided ur lights are on auto mode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
Tucson owners, I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer to across all the reviews - do the rear windows go down fully?

Joe
Hi joe, no the rear windows don't go down all the way.
bimmerboy26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 12:46   #764
BHPian

First serious expedition with my Tucson 2022 - sharing my experience

Last week I took the road to Belur and Chikmagalur in my Tucson with full 5 members in the car. Just wanted to share my experience. Here is the write up

Start of the trip

I noticed the TPM unit was complaining that the tyre pressure was low. It was showing 31Psi on all the tyres. I got a bit concerned. Filled up air in a petrol bunk up to 35 Psi in all the tyres. But the warning didn't go away. My son referred to the service manual and confirmed that this was not a TPM malfunction.

Fact is when you drive from very cold condition TMP does show this warning. The previous night was very cold in Bengaluru and we started early. So that warning popped up. It lasted till we rode for about 50+ Km and stopped for breakfast on Hassan highway. Once the engine was restarted, the message went away.

Pleasant meet

On the way near Belur we met another Tucson from the opposite direction. It was a red one. We shared thumbs up to each other If the owner is on this forum - Hi, Hello

Driving experience

I drove all the way in eco mode. Even in Eco mode, Boss, it has a lot of power. Whenever I pushed it obliged without a second thought. Just noticed that couple of times when I tried sudden pedal floor, the engine roared too much.

On some stretch where traffic was least I tried the lane keep assist with my hands just touching the steering. It works like a charm. Even in curves and speed around 100 Kph, no problems. It is very very accurate, I must say. It picked up the speed signal boards correctly.

I tried Adaptive cruise too, even that was very much well working. However, I felt I am disconnected with the drive so switched back to normal.

We never had a single anxious moment or sudden/harsh braking.

The thing I really want to appreciate

We went to Mullayyanagiri and Manikyadhara falls the next day. It is highest peak of Karnataka with narrow Ghat roads. All the way I drove in Eco mode. I am prod of my Tucson, it pulled everything very very gracefully.

On the way we saw a Honda Jazz from TN met with accident on hill ascent, it was hit from backside. Probably because was not able to pull up.

Tucson - no problems at all uphill or downhill Absolutely no issues.

Returning from Mullayyanagiri was really challenging. The narrow road had parked vehicles and cars/jeeps wanting to get in. Some really insensitive drivers creating too much hassle. Picture below shows how tight it was. This is where the 360 degree view came to rescue and we escaped without even a minor scratch. To achieve that in such a reasonably big car is in my view outstanding.

Way to Manikyadhara from Chandradronagiri (Bababudan) is some off-roading. Even here, Eco mode - no problems; never got suck anywhere. My car is 2WD.

However it does get panicky when pedestrians come close. It thinks that they will be hurt. It did apply sudden brakes once when pedestrians suddenly crossed when the car was like craaaawwwwllliiinnngg. Hyundai needs to fine tune ADAS for India.

One important tip: Use auto hold in such places, you will take a bit longer and hear some shouts but it is really safe. Will reduce chances of dents/scratches due to motion under stress.

Overall I am very satisfied.

I wasn't expecting a good mileage because of the low speed in Ghat section (always in 20s). Overall it returned close to 14 Kpl.

One pic of my car parked at Aadrika Hotel in Chikmagalur.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-chockablock1.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-chockablock.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-car.jpg  

KrishKallapur is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 20:34   #765
BHPian

I have updated to the latest firmware version (NX4.IND.S5W_M.V003.001.221223).I can see some changes within Setup menu now it has new interface for "Driver Assistance" which can be accessed by selecting the respective options. I will update if i find any other changes.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-unit-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 8th January 2023 at 20:36. Reason: minor Corrections
Mathan1130 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks