Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 11:16   #766
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
While I haven't tried very extensively, I have never got this kind of efficiency in a choc-a-bloc traffic. There seems to be something missing here from the pics. Your average speed is ranging from 35-41 kmph, which seems very high for traffic driving. Or probably I have different expectations from traffic.

But as you said, I have always found the car to be smooth in ECO mode and never lethargic.
naikameya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 12:20   #767
BHPian

Hi Naikameya.

Even I was surprised on getting this kind of fuel efficiency, and hence thought of sharing with the forum. I have always driven on the Normal mode, and this was the first time I tried the Eco mode to see the driving difference, and hence was the result.

While Mumbai's traffic is different to what we experience in Delhi, this particular route (from Gurgaon to Nehru Place) is perennially swarmed with traffic and hence was a big surprise on the fuel efficiency. Happy to answer additional queries, if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
While I haven't tried very extensively, I have never got this kind of efficiency in a choc-a-bloc traffic. There seems to be something missing here from the pics. Your average speed is ranging from 35-41 kmph, which seems very high for traffic driving. Or probably I have different expectations from traffic.

But as you said, I have always found the car to be smooth in ECO mode and never lethargic.
Old 10th January 2023, 13:26   #768

Hello fellow BHPians,

I have a query , does anyone have any idea weather the Tucson diesel variant is BS6 phase 2 compliant or not ? , because I just received a call from my dealer that i will be getting my car in Feb-2023 , and the first thing that came to my mind was that BS6 stage 2 protocols are going to be in effect from April 2023 onwards and weather i should wait or purchase it in February itself.

I stay in Delhi and seeing the trend of diesel cars getting banned , every-time there's slight increase in pollution, i am worried that the life of bs6 stage 1 cars will reduce again after phase 2 norms significantly , leading to this confusion of buying.

Will really appreciate the opinion's and perspective's of other tucson owners ( and potential owners). Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance
Old 10th January 2023, 13:36   #769
BHPian

Someone had asked about the rear windows in a Tucson. Yes it does go down fully
shabeermohamed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:38   #770
BHPian

Hi

Is the update available OTA (over the air) or do you have to take it to the Service centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
I have updated to the latest firmware version (NX4.IND.S5W_M.V003.001.221223).I can see some changes within Setup menu now it has new interface for "Driver Assistance" which can be accessed by selecting the respective options. I will update if i find any other changes.
Old 10th January 2023, 13:40   #771
BHPian

Switch on the head / park lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
Attachment 2399994

Can someone please confirm when/how does the long horizontal tail light right below Hyundai logo turns on?

In the photo, the car is in P gear. Can someone let me know how do I check this?
Old 10th January 2023, 14:13   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabeermohamed View Post
Hi

Is the update available OTA (over the air) or do you have to take it to the Service centre?
We can do it ourselves. Download the software in an USB stick and then insert it in the left side USB slot. Then follow the instructions in the screen
Old 10th January 2023, 19:44   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
While Mumbai's traffic is different to what we experience in Delhi, this particular route (from Gurgaon to Nehru Place) is perennially swarmed with traffic and hence was a big surprise on the fuel efficiency. Happy to answer additional queries, if any.
From your images, I see that you have done 22 KM in 37 minutes, which is roughly about 35Kmph. In my daily commute, my average is about 22Kmph and I do not even consider that a choc-o-block. Proper city traffic is probably 20Kmph or less. But then, even for a 35Kmph run, 20 Kmpl is good mileage for such a beast.

Or am I reading it totally wrong?
alagusankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 18:35   #774

Hyundai has increased prices of it's entire line-up and Tucson receives the most significant hike of 79,800/-
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20230111-6.32.39-pm.png  

motorturf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 10:55   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
Hyundai has increased prices of it's entire line-up and Tucson receives the most significant hike of 79,800/-
With the way competitors have been increasing, Hyundai also wants to cash in. That said, it would be good for Hyundai to give price protection upto certain number of units. It was launched at a higher price anyways and hope they do not get too greedy with it.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 19:35   #776

Thanx Team BHP for onboarding me. Feels proud to be a part of you guys. I have booked Tucson Dsl AT Signature in November 2022 at Dee Em Gurugram. As per the dealer I am 6th in the booking seniority. I am both, curious and excited to get the delivery. Could someone tell me about the time line of availability of the SUV with the dealer in 2023?
Major Sahab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 09:13   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
With the way competitors have been increasing, Hyundai also wants to cash in. That said, it would be good for Hyundai to give price protection upto certain number of units. It was launched at a higher price anyways and hope they do not get too greedy with it.
Just cancelled my booking, the price increase was the straw that broke the camel's back,so it seems prebooking in July was already too late to expect delivery in 2022.Silver lining is that it will improve somebody else's delivery schedule!
Old 15th January 2023, 18:08   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sahab View Post
Thanx Team BHP for onboarding me. Feels proud to be a part of you guys. I have booked Tucson Dsl AT Signature in November 2022 at Dee Em Gurugram. As per the dealer I am 6th in the booking seniority. I am both, curious and excited to get the delivery. Could someone tell me about the time line of availability of the SUV with the dealer in 2023?
I have also booked in the month of November. I have booked with two dealerships. At both places booking numbers are in their twenties. I have been regularly following up with them. In January they both have been allotted 2 cars each. At this rate waiting period may extend to 10 months. But it also depends upon Trim Level, colour and engine option. Hopefully Hyundai has planned higher allocation of Tuscon in this new year from HQ so that waiting time reduces. They have already raised prices by 80k so it will make good business sense also.

Who is the oldest booking holder here without receiving car?
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:21   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I have also booked in the month of November. I have booked with two dealerships. At both places booking numbers are in their twenties. I have been regularly following up with them. In January they both have been allotted 2 cars each. At this rate waiting period may extend to 10 months. But it also depends upon Trim Level, colour and engine option. Hopefully Hyundai has planned higher allocation of Tuscon in this new year from HQ so that waiting time reduces. They have already raised prices by 80k so it will make good business sense also.

Booked in august through the dealership. Probaly a day before launching. No delivery date/updates in sight
Old 16th January 2023, 02:08   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post

Booked on the day of launch in august , was allocated one in september but rejected it due to colour, now as per dealer i should get my car by February/March max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks