Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 22:48   #781
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

My car has completed about 9600 km so far and was due for first servicing. I got it serviced at KUN Hyundai, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Here are a few observations from the service today:
  • My front windscreen had cracked due to a stone hitting it and needs to be replaced. It will take at-least 3 weeks for the windscreen to be available. Availability of parts is a challenge.
  • For the first service, in the morning I was given an estimate of about Rs 3000 towards wheel balancing/alignment and interior cleaning. Everything else including filters/labor was to be free. When I collected the car in the evening the bill was over Rs 9000. It turns out that parts such as air/oil filters are not free but paid. Are others also facing similar charges on servicing of a Tucson?
  • The service center has completely messed up my driver and passenger seat settings. Some weird and new settings have been saved and I will have to find that perfect seat setting all over again. With so much of software already in the car, is it hard for Hyundai to prevent storing settings when the car is in service? Or, back up settings at start of service and re-apply when servicing is completed?
  • The service advisor has no clue about the software update released on Jan-3. He says they have not been advised to apply the update yet. I have to do it on my own.
  • I had opted for paid internal cleaning of the car (seats). The cleaning wasn't up to the mark. My kid had dropped some crumbs on the rear seat, and they were still there. To me it looked like they hadn't even bothered to clean the seats. I pointed this out and got them to remove the seat cleaning charges from the bill.

Last edited by shailendrakr : 17th January 2023 at 22:50.
shailendrakr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 23:09   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG532 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

I have a query , does anyone have any idea weather the Tucson diesel variant is BS6 phase 2 compliant or not ? , because I just received a call from my dealer that i will be getting my car in Feb-2023 , and the first thing that came to my mind was that BS6 stage 2 protocols are going to be in effect from April 2023 onwards and weather i should wait or purchase it in February itself.

I stay in Delhi and seeing the trend of diesel cars getting banned , every-time there's slight increase in pollution, i am worried that the life of bs6 stage 1 cars will reduce again after phase 2 norms significantly , leading to this confusion of buying.

Will really appreciate the opinion's and perspective's of other tucson owners ( and potential owners). Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance
Yes it is BS 6.2 complaint already. It was mentioned in the brochure somewhere that it is RDE (Real Times Driving Emissions) complaint which translates to BS6.2 . It probably the only car which came last year with this standard.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 05:56   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
My car has completed about 9600 km so far and was due for first servicing.
Isn't the first servicing after 1 year?
Old 18th January 2023, 10:26   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Isn't the first servicing after 1 year?
The service is due between 9000 - 10000 km, or 1 year which ever is earlier. For me it was the km that happened earlier, in 4 months.
You run the risk of voiding the warranty if you don't get the car serviced on schedule.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 19:55   #785
BHPian

I did an extensive TD of the Tucson 2WD Diesel AT and here are my observations as an ex-lemon Harrier owner.

Positive
1. It is almost as good to drive as a Tiguan. In fact, I was so surprised that a Hyundai can deliver so much, especially on the driving dynamics part. Of course, Tiguan is the SUV benchmark here upto 50L in terms of handling. The handling and the steering feedback was slightly better in Harrier because Harrier uses HPS.
2. Loaded to gills with all the features and gizmos (The facelift Harrier is not far behind). No constraints on space (Similar to Harrier) either.
3. Also comes with the ADAS.
4. The quality is top notch being a CKD. The fit and finish is excellent. Way better than Harrier.
5. Being a Hyundai, reliability is a given.
6. The car won't feel dated for at least the next 5-7 years. Even longer than that as well.
7. NVH levels are good. May not be the best but the nothing to complain for those in the front seats. I expect better NVH levels for such an expensive Hyundai. (Harrier is not far behind).
8. Audio experience is better than Tiguan, Octavia, Scorpio N. I felt Harrier experience was marginally better and Hector experience was way better.

Negatives
1. The ride, especially at the rear, felt a bit hard (not as bad as a Tiguan though). I was also able to hear the tyre noise at the rear. Being a CKD Hyundai and a global model, I kind of doubt the points 1 & 2. Generally the NVH and ride is good in Hyundai's. I checked the tyre pressure (through the on-board TPMS) as well. Did not notice any deviation. Still wondering why and what happened.
2. It is significantly expensive as a package. Yes, one of the main reasons is it comes as a CKD. Cheaper by 5L would have made this an excellent package.
3. The interior trim colour is biege which is pain to keep it fresh and clean. At 40L, Hyundai should have given an interior dark colour trim option. Harrier which is almost 15-20L cheaper, comes with multiple options.
4. Looks are subjective. However, it is not my kind.
5. Paddle shifters are a miss. Given this price, that would be nice to have.
6. While Seltos comes with a rear blinds, I don't understand why Hyundai skipped this in a Tuscon. Not a deal breaker though.
7. Spares - cost and availability. Even in this forum there are quite a number of concerns/complaints about the delay in spares availability and also the cost of service.

Overall, I like the most of it. While I am trying hard to compromise on the looks (both interior and exterior), my biggest concern is the snob value - Is it worth spending 42L for a 5 seater Hyundai while I get => 70%-80% of Tucson (Harrier, Hector, 700) for 12-15L cheaper?. I feel that 700, Hector and the facelift Harrier to be 100% value for money than this Tucson. Of course, reliability and ASS experience are the biggest exceptions in favour of Hyundai though (Hector is again a no-nonsense car with probably a better ASS experience than Hyundai).

I already have a 700 booking just to be in the queue. I am also thinking to consider the facelift Harrier again (Yes I know it sounds insane and crazy owning a lemon Harrier). I am definitely not convinced with the pricing of the Tucson.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 21:29   #786

Quote:
The service is due between 9000 - 10000 km, or 1 year which ever is earlier. For me it was the km that happened earlier, in 4 months.
You run the risk of voiding the warranty if you don't get the car serviced on schedule.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the service center, also have you noticed any further improvement to the mileage post the first service.
Old 18th January 2023, 21:38   #787
BHPian

Quote:
My car has completed about 9600 km so far and was due for first servicing. I got it serviced at KUN Hyundai, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Here are a few observations from the service today:
  • My front windscreen had cracked due to a stone hitting it and needs to be replaced. It will take at-least 3 weeks for the windscreen to be available. Availability of parts is a challenge.
  • For the first service, in the morning I was given an estimate of about Rs 3000 towards wheel balancing/alignment and interior cleaning. Everything else including filters/labor was to be free. When I collected the car in the evening the bill was over Rs 9000. It turns out that parts such as air/oil filters are not free but paid. Are others also facing similar charges on servicing of a Tucson?
  • The service center has completely messed up my driver and passenger seat settings. Some weird and new settings have been saved and I will have to find that perfect seat setting all over again. With so much of software already in the car, is it hard for Hyundai to prevent storing settings when the car is in service? Or, back up settings at start of service and re-apply when servicing is completed?
  • The service advisor has no clue about the software update released on Jan-3. He says they have not been advised to apply the update yet. I have to do it on my own.
  • I had opted for paid internal cleaning of the car (seats). The cleaning wasn't up to the mark. My kid had dropped some crumbs on the rear seat, and they were still there. To me it looked like they hadn't even bothered to clean the seats. I pointed this out and got them to remove the seat cleaning charges from the bill.
And another thing noticed today:
  • The easy access function has stopped working. The driver seat does not move back when I move out of the car, does not move forward when I get into the car. I have turned the feature off and on, switched the car on and off etc but I cant get it to work. Settings show the feature as turned on and set to "normal" or "extended" but the seat does not move. I can move it using the buttons so the motors/gears are working fine.

Overall, a bad experience at KUN Hyundai.
Old 20th January 2023, 08:08   #788
BHPian

Quote:
And another thing noticed today:
  • The easy access function has stopped working. The driver seat does not move back when I move out of the car, does not move forward when I get into the car. I have turned the feature off and on, switched the car on and off etc but I cant get it to work. Settings show the feature as turned on and set to "normal" or "extended" but the seat does not move. I can move it using the buttons so the motors/gears are working fine.

Overall, a bad experience at KUN Hyundai.
The seats will not move if it is already behind to some extent. This is documented in the manual as well. I also faced the same issue and then I moved my seat a bit forward. Then it started working. Please check if that's the case
madagascar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 08:22   #789
Team-BHP Support

That is not a very pleasant experience considering it is the flagship Hyundai. Floor supervisors should have been more attentive and should have given better attention to their premium SUV.

Quote:
For the first service, in the morning I was given an estimate of about Rs 3000 towards wheel balancing/alignment and interior cleaning. Everything else including filters/labor was to be free. When I collected the car in the evening the bill was over Rs 9000. It turns out that parts such as air/oil filters are not free but paid. Are others also facing similar charges on servicing of a Tucson?
I think, consumables are never free, one always pays for oils / filters etc. Usually, the labor charges are free for first few services.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 13:53   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
That is not a very pleasant experience considering it is the flagship Hyundai. Floor supervisors should have been more attentive and should have given better attention to their premium SUV.

I think, consumables are never free, one always pays for oils / filters etc. Usually, the labor charges are free for first few services.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson_brochure_pic.png

Referring to the last three lines, I think that the labour and consumables both are free in the complimentary services. I don't remember clearly but the dealer in my city also said that the labour and consumables were free in the first 3 services.
Should have been more clear writing like "free labour and free consumables" if I am wrong. Can someone please clarify on this.
Old 20th January 2023, 15:10   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
The seats will not move if it is already behind to some extent. This is documented in the manual as well. I also faced the same issue and then I moved my seat a bit forward. Then it started working. Please check if that's the case
I don't think my seat was that far back. The service advisor changed the seat from saved position 1 to saved position 2, and it started working on its own. That's the only thing I had not attempted before taking it back to the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAONE View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with the service center, also have you noticed any further improvement to the mileage post the first service.
No, there is no change after servicing. I drive about 80km on a typical day out of which almost 65 km are on an expressway. And the remaining are in the city with typical red lights and traffic. I always get the best mileage in the smart mode - just above 18 kmpl. Sport is the most fun to drive and gives an average of 15+ kmpl. Normal and Eco both give between 17 - 18 kmpl, though I find Eco mode to be more noise and less output and it takes the fun out of driving. These numbers are for the Diesel AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Agreed. The SA was extra courteous but I will choose better work over being courteous. Hyundai have brought a car to India to almost compete with luxury brands, now they need to hire people from BMW, Merc and Volvo for better quality of service!

The point is that I did not ask for consumables to be free - I was told by the KUN Hyundai advisor that they are free. I was given wrong information and an incorrect estimate.
shailendrakr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 07:10   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
Attachment 2408222

Referring to the last three lines, I think that the labour and consumables both are free in the complimentary services. I don't remember clearly but the dealer in my city also said that the labour and consumables were free in the first 3 services.
Should have been more clear writing like "free labour and free consumables" if I am wrong. Can someone please clarify on this.
In the manual it is called out as labor free service and consumables will be charged
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-909226ab0a054692807c164e69b1db0d.jpeg  

Old 21st January 2023, 11:59   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAONE View Post
In the manual it is called out as labor free service and consumables will be charged
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson_service-11.43.17-am.png

Got this picture from the same owner's manual.
Reading the "NOTICE" again gives the idea that labour and consumables both are free.
Also I have confirmed it with the dealer in my city now and the SA said that it's all free in the first three services.
I've got the call recording for the same.

It's true that the Tucson is a car that rivals germans such as the tiguan and the kodiaq but one who is buying a hyundai of this segment also expects value for their money, which the germans might not give. But again, the germans(CBU's & CKD's) mostly don't compromise with quality & safety either.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 18:46   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
It's true that the Tucson is a car that rivals germans such as the tiguan and the kodiaq but one who is buying a hyundai of this segment also expects value for their money, which the germans might not give. But again, the germans(CBU's & CKD's) mostly don't compromise with quality & safety either.
The growth of Hyundai (globally as well), Tata and M&M is tremendous in terms of build quality and safety. Unfortunately there is no much of improvement for the VAG twins even globally as well. I think Tiguan and Kodiaq are little over-rated compared to Tucson, even globally. IMHO, Tiguan and Kodiaq are not miles ahead in driving dynamics compared to the Tucson. Tucson in-fact surprised me with its driving dynamics when I did the TD. Tiguan on the other hand was a big disappointment in driving dynamics and more so on the ride quality. Regarding quality, Tucson is not way behind Tiguan and Kodiaq. Safety wise Tucson is also a 5 star rated car.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 16:53   #795
BHPian

Why is this price hike of 1 lakh for a CKD model within 3 months of launch ? I am finding it hard to justify the price hike of big 1 lakh. Hyundai is not serious and committed about Tucson in India? Hyundai doesn't want to sell the Tucson? Any successful brand like Hyundai in India did not get the price right at the first place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks