Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 18:39   #901
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsunil View Post
Thanks for the info.

I meant about the clutter of switching for the lightbar inside the car.

This is the switch control location for the light bar unit..

Mathan1130 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:56   #902
BHPian

There is a forum dedicated to the Tucson with some very interesting threads related to this vehicle. Posting a link to one of them which current/future owners might find useful.

Little things I've noticed
mmxylorider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 09:48   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I happened to interact with a traffic police and had interesting police view on this. He was enquiring about how Adas works and asked me to show it. After seeing it in action, he said one thing. “In India, this car will not allow you to collide but someone can still hit you from behind. So it will prevent you from being an accused in an accident but you could still end up being a victim”. We both laughed

To the forum friends:- has anyone managed to buy a cargo (boot) liner or mat?

Yes..I have got a Boot Mat from Trident Hyundai, Bangalore
Old 6th April 2023, 15:42   #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hella BLACK MAGIC LED 20 SLIM LIGHT BAR Installation

One pending modification was to improve the headlight throw in my Hyundai Tucson.The light throw is good for the city roads but for highway drive its inadequate.The headlight cluster is sealed unit with LED setup and has no options for further upgrades.So the search leads me to Hella light bar which was the only solution. Decided to get the black Magic series which was the slimmest light bar with perfect fit/size for Tucson.
!

Thanks for sharing, This looks good. I have a 2021 Creta and face the same issue of poor light throw, perhaps I too can get it installed.

3 additional questions:
1. Is this light bar legal as per RTO? Will the cops catch me after installing it?
2. Where did you get it installed at, and what was their installation charges?
3. Does this installation void the vehicle warranty?
Old 6th April 2023, 16:30   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijonnybravo View Post
Thanks for sharing, This looks good. I have a 2021 Creta and face the same issue of poor light throw, perhaps I too can get it installed.

3 additional questions:
1. Is this light bar legal as per RTO? Will the cops catch me after installing it?
Hello there,

1. I am not sure if it's legal or not .. But I have seen the light bar in many vehicles.
2. Tekno Car service centre near AVM studios Vadapalani (Chennai).The installation was done by Balaji.
3. Nope.The light bar is connected via wiring harness that carries power from the battery.

Thanks.
Mathan1130 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 18:14   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabeermohamed View Post
Yes..I have got a Boot Mat from Trident Hyundai, Bangalore
What Kind of mat have they given? Is it all weather mat? Any one in the pictures below? Or is it the default mat with hard board?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-mat1.jpeg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-mat2.jpeg

I am chasing them since Sep22. They say they don't have in accessories. During delivery the default hard board mat is given but that is weak and does not cover the lip area. While handling cargo, the lip parts get damaged easily.

I got these mats from Amazon for Rs 3990. Good quality mats. However, haven't found one for the cargo area.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Pictures below.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2516.jpeg2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2515.jpeg2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2512.jpeg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2514.jpeg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2513.jpeg

Last edited by KrishKallapur : 6th April 2023 at 18:31. Reason: Wanted to add more information
Old 7th April 2023, 05:14   #907

Quote:
Decided to get the black Magic series which was the slimmest light bar with perfect fit/size for Tucson.
Where did you get it fixed? Please share the address.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th April 2023 at 09:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 7th April 2023, 18:14   #908

Folks, could someone who has bought the petrol Tucson recently provide a pic of the fuel specifications page/section of the owner's manual? I am trying to determine if the car has been upgraded to support E20 fuel along with other Hyundai cars in India.
Old 8th April 2023, 09:47   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijonnybravo View Post

3 additional questions:
I have a Hella light bar for 2 years now on my Seltos and let me answer some of your questions.

1) Per RTO norms yes it's illegal. I have driven from TN to Rajasthan with it and not once been stopped for the light bar. I have never used it in the city ever and only on highway runs.

2) Look up the hella webpage and contact the dealer in your city.

3) Yes. There is wiring needed so technically electrical warranty is void.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th April 2023 at 13:17.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 13:29   #910
BHPian

Quote:
What Kind of mat have they given? Is it all weather mat? Any one in the pictures below? Or is it the default mat with hard board?

Attachment 2437635
Attachment 2437636

I am chasing them since Sep22. They say they don't have in accessories. During delivery the default hard board mat is given but that is weak and does not cover the lip area. While handling cargo, the lip parts get damaged easily.
I am putting up the pic of the bill which shows the Hyundai part number. It's a simple carpet boot mat with Tuscon written on it which only covers the boot area and not the lips.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img20230406wa0000.jpeg  

Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 18:01   #911

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinder View Post
Folks, could someone who has bought the petrol Tucson recently provide a pic of the fuel specifications page/section of the owner's manual? I am trying to determine if the car has been upgraded to support E20 fuel along with other Hyundai cars in India.

There is no clear information on the fuel door as mentioned in the manual. The dealership is also not aware. My SR said he tried clarifying from Hyundai but has got no response.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_5796.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_5795.jpeg  

Panzera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 19:39   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzera View Post
There is no clear information on the fuel door as mentioned in the manual. The dealership is also not aware. My SR said he tried clarifying from Hyundai but has got no response.
Thanks Panzera. This is different from the US and UK where the manual states that one must not fill fuel with more than 15% ethanol. This manual only lists E5 and E10 but then the engines are completely different. The 2.5 GDI in the US and the 1.6 GDI in UK for the non-hybrid models.
Hyundai has upgraded their newer engines for E20 in India, I wonder what is holding up the older ones. I wonder if it is on its way out?
Old 9th April 2023, 19:50   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Hella BLACK MAGIC LED 20 SLIM LIGHT BAR Installation

One pending modification was to improve the headlight throw in my Hyundai Tucson.The light throw is good for the city roads but for highway drive its inadequate.The headlight cluster is sealed unit with LED setup and has no options for further upgrades.So the search leads me to Hella light bar which was the only solution. Decided to get the black Magic series which was the slimmest light bar with perfect fit/size for Tucson.

Note -There is no Risk for oncoming traffic, the light is focussed, pointed on the ground and does not scatter much.I don't use this in a city & this is only for highway runs. There is a separate switch to turn on/off the Light bar!
Hey Mathan,
I had the similar setup on my Alcazar, Hella 470 SPOT LED bar. In fact the 470 costs around 28K. I found it OK for short drives outside city but Hella bar was pretty incompetent in rains and on long highway drives. I had procured the Hella Number Plate mount on which the LED bar was mounted. First photo is of HELLA Bar. The 2nd photo is RIGID bar.

I've now upgraded to RIGID Industries SR-Series Pro 20" LED bar. The difference between Hella and RIGID is night and day !!

Recently I also saw Lightforce Viper 20" LED Bar in Hyderabad. The light of that LED bar is also pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-psx_20221105_162355.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-psx_20230108_1349341.jpg  

junkishya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 08:55   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
I am putting up the pic of the bill which shows the Hyundai part number. It's a simple carpet boot mat with Tuscon written on it which only covers the boot area and not the lips.
Thanks for sharing. This is what I referred to as hard board mat. Just covers the boot well and it is delicate. I have this one given during the delivery. It has already started coming apart. Washing it is also a problem.
Old 10th April 2023, 11:57   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. This is what I referred to as hard board mat. Just covers the boot well and it is delicate. I have this one given during the delivery. It has already started coming apart. Washing it is also a problem.
These are not the hard board ones but the carpet types which is the first pic shared by you sans the lip cover.
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed