Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 09:33   #946
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can imagine your frustration but stick to Hyundai only. Do try firmly insisting it's either a manufacturing and/or fitting defect.

Was there anything unusual done before this incident? Generally speaking, there have been cases of windshields cracking (on other brands) if splashed with cool water in >45C temperatures etc.
Nothing unusual. Went to mall with the family and came back and saw the crack in the windshield. It was a basement parking so not much change in temperature either.

There was a hailstorm strike a week ago, not sure that can possibly trigger something like this.
Old 4th May 2023, 18:07   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Nothing unusual. Went to mall with the family and came back and saw the crack in the windshield. It was a basement parking so not much change in temperature either.

There was a hailstorm strike a week ago, not sure that can possibly trigger something like this.
Hailstorms can destroy the entire car itself let alone the windshield only. My guess is that last week's hailstorm could have triggered the crack, but it took time to develop. I highly doubt that this will be a manufacturing defect because it is 1 month old and glass cracks (especially windshield cracks) cannot be concealed for long. Before replacing it, please find out the root cause. Please keep us posted.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:05   #948
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I wanted to ask recent Tucson owners- have they changed the center Infotainment console to a silvery/white colour ? I looked up this video and was a bit appalled at what I saw.

Or is this some compromise because of chip shortage ?

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 5th May 2023 at 08:06.
Old 5th May 2023, 08:19   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Hi, I wanted to ask recent Tucson owners- have they changed the center Infotainment console to a silvery/white colour ? I looked up this video and was a bit appalled at what I saw.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1-M9-KuzgG8

Looks like the video taken on a brand new vehicle which has all the protective covering present. I am taking delivery of a new tucson this weekend and when I did a PDI, it has the protective covering on the infotainment system.
etrast75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:47   #950
BHPian

I am happy to be part of the Tucson club (Petrol, Platinum).
It's been 2 months ,2000Km driven with my Tucson. Will share my review and upgrades done (PPF, Damping) soon.

Query to owners
What are the benefits of the Hyundai Shield of Trust (SOT) maintenance program,and is it worth purchasing for Rs. 89,000 for 5 years?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20230329_101011_g.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20230329_101112_g.jpg  

Seagull76 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:32   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1-M9-KuzgG8

This is the protection cover. Definitely.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 13:07   #952
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2446239

If anyone has a remedial solution, please share. I would want to avoid the replacement unless it is necessary.
Agree with posted replies- the photo indicates replacement is the only solution though bitter pill solution,loose debris on highways ( and there's plenty with the current weather)and the hailstorm you mentioned could be reasons but good luck with the dealer.Share your pain though.
Carevidence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 19:33   #953
BHPian

[quote=Seagull76;5542888]I am happy to be part of the Tucson club (Petrol, Platinum).
It's been 2 months ,2000Km driven with my Tucson. Will share my review and upgrades done (PPF, Damping) soon.

Hi,
I was thinking of getting the Petrol Tucson but find it underpowered especially after driving the Diesel. How has your experience been and have you taken it out on the highway?
Old 8th May 2023, 08:46   #954
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson review

Quote:
Nothing unusual. Went to mall with the family and came back and saw the crack in the windshield.
To change the subject:

Has anyone noticed if REAR seatbelt reminder is functional in Tucson, and if so has the rule been enforced?Do not see any alarms in case passenger in rear seat is not wearing belt.

Quote from the owners manual:
i Information
• Although the rear side passenger seat is not occupied, the seat belt warning light will blink or illuminate for 6 seconds.
• The rear side passenger's seat belt warning may operate when luggage, laptop or other electronic device is placed on the rear side passenger seat.
3-26
For rear center seat
As a reminder to the rear passenger, the rear passenger's seat belt warning light will illuminate for approximately 6 seconds each time you turn the ignition switch or Engine Start/Stop button ON regardless of belt fastening.
If the seat belt is not fastened when the ignition switch or Engine Start/ Stop button is turned ON, the seat belt warning light will illuminate for approximately 70 seconds.
If you start to drive without the seat belt fastened or you unfasten the seat belt when you drive under 20km/h (12 mph), the corresponding warning light will continue to illuminate for approximately 70 seconds.
If you continue to drive without the seat belt fastened or you unfasten the seat belt when you drive over 20km/h (12 mph), the seat belt warning chime will sound for approximately 35 seconds and the corresponding warning light will blink.
If the rear door is opened or closed under
10 km/h, warning light and warning sound does not work even if driving over 20 km/h (12 mph).
[/i][/i]
Old 8th May 2023, 09:39   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
I am happy to be part of the Tucson club (Petrol, Platinum).

Hi,
I was thinking of getting the Petrol Tucson but find it underpowered especially after driving the Diesel. How has your experience been and have you taken it out on the highway?
Hi
Most of my drive (2000Km) was in highway. I have test driven both Diesel & Petrol of Tuscon (both the current gen and previous gen ) and felt Diesel engine drive is better than Petrol one

Given below my experience till date after driven Diesel Vehicle for more than 12 years/1Lakh Kms.

a) Performance of New Tucson is significantly better compared to the previous Tucson Petrol

b) City Drive is smooth in both Eco & Normal Mode

c) There is one area where I am still getting used to the New Tucson :- Accelerating while overtaking vehicles on highways. I have noticed that I need to accelerate more than I'm used to with my previous cars ( Linea Diesel and Jazz Petrol - both Manual ) and I am not sure if it's due to the Engine (or) Automatic Transmission (or) My driving skills. Planning to try the manual option during my highway trips soon

Overall, I am pleased with the Tucson's Performance and am still adjusting my driving skills to it's unique characteristics

Last edited by Sheel : 12th May 2023 at 11:31. Reason: Wrong quote tag edited. Thanks.
Seagull76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 07:23   #956
BHPian

Took delivery of starry night signature diesel 4WD over the weekend. Will be primarily driven by my wife. Plan to get ceramic coating and PPF on certain areas soon.
Updated the infotainment system software yesterday manually (the OTA update was taking forever) and now we have full screen android auto.
At some point I will try to see if I can get a ownership thread written and approved but I will keep this thread with updates regularly.
Only city driving for now. Plan to take it on a highway trip towards end of month.
Before zeroing in on tucson, considered
  • Compass
  • Tiguan
  • Seltos
  • Volvo XC40 (our favorite if not for the poor back seats and lack of android auto)
  • Audi Q3
  • MG Astor
Since our budget was 60L OTR, we looked at everything to find the best possible fit and after every test drive we found ourselves comparing it to tucson and in the end decided to buy it even thought wife felt it was a big too large for her.
etrast75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 11:40   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Will keep everyone posted on their response and next steps.
So, I have a positive update from Hyundai, they have approved replacement of windshield under warranty. Order has been placed and will take approximately 2 weeks to arrive. I will share next updates once replacement is complete.

Overall satisfied by quick resolution by Hyundai team (no counter questioning was done, did feel like an important customer ).
Mountainman21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:32   #958
BHPian

Hi, I have booked Tucson Diesel AWD in Noida. Given that there is a new proposal for banning diesel cars from 2027, should I cancel my booking. I am extremely confused. I really like this car's diesel engine. What other options in Petrol should I consider?
Old 12th May 2023, 13:44   #959

Hello , Did anyone try to modify/configure the speed alerts in 2023 Tucson? Also I believe my Tucson has lock system issue - whenever I try to lock my car using key or using button on door handle, it just doesn't respond . Not sure if the air-tag signals are getting interfered with the radio signals of the key fob[Air tag is attached to the key]. Tried without air tag, even then the problem persists. Any inputs ?

Last edited by chuvdutta1994 : 12th May 2023 at 13:49.
Old 18th May 2023, 17:13   #960
BHPian

I am observing some wiered behaviour; while on the drive, the driver side door gets opened by itself and the door open alert shows up.

This had happened 3-4 times over the 3 month period. Initially, I though I wouldn't have locked the door properly. If that be the case, then the door open alert should show up before starting off.

I am tyring to find a pattern, but can't yet. I doubt this could be a remote sensor issue, as remote sensor will only unlocks the door; doesn't open it. This must be a mechanical issue, but I was't on a bumpy drive on those occasions for causing the door to open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks