Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 17:18   #961
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvdutta1994 View Post
Hello , Did anyone try to modify/configure the speed alerts in 2023 Tucson? Also I believe my Tucson has lock system issue - whenever I try to lock my car using key or using button on door handle, it just doesn't respond . Not sure if the air-tag signals are getting interfered with the radio signals of the key fob[Air tag is attached to the key]. Tried without air tag, even then the problem persists. Any inputs ?
Did you notice any warning / alert on the console? e.g. "Accessory connected", etc. If yes, clear that and then the lock would work fine. I had observed this happening when the engine is switched off before shifting the gear to Park Mode.
Old 21st May 2023, 08:46   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
I am observing some wiered behaviour; while on the drive, the driver side door gets opened by itself and the door open alert shows up.

This had happened 3-4 times over the 3 month period. Initially, I though I wouldn't have locked the door properly. If that be the case, then the door open alert should show up before starting off.

I am tyring to find a pattern, but can't yet. I doubt this could be a remote sensor issue, as remote sensor will only unlocks the door; doesn't open it. This must be a mechanical issue, but I was't on a bumpy drive on those occasions for causing the door to open.
Had this issue once recently,made a left turn and the right rear door open alarm came on.Checked and found the door was opened a bit, which was strange because had driven somewhere and back without any passengers in the rear seat.Probably a door lock mechanism issue.
Meantime has anybody checked to see if the rear seatbelt alarm is functional?.My car is Feb 2023 built and the owners manual page 3-26 tells how it is supposed to function.Contacted dealer who admitted it is not fitted.
Both above items may need escalation.

Last edited by Carevidence : 21st May 2023 at 08:50.
Old 25th May 2023, 07:30   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
Meantime has anybody checked to see if the rear seatbelt alarm is functional?.My car is Feb 2023 built and the owners manual page 3-26 tells how it is supposed to function.Contacted dealer who admitted it is not fitted.
Both above items may need escalation.
I was told that the rear seatbelt alarm was added only on vehicles manufactured after april 1st.
Old 25th May 2023, 08:29   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
I was told that the rear seatbelt alarm was added only on vehicles manufactured after april 1st.
Thanks,but the manual printed Jan 2023 says it is fitted.If we didn't do things as per that book they will not hesitate to void warranty,so it should work both ways!
Currently in touch with HMIL directly to resolve this.
Old 27th May 2023, 11:54   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
Had this issue once recently,made a left turn and the right rear door open alarm came on.Checked and found the door was opened a bit
I have observed that Tucson door needs to be rammed a bit stronger to lock. Otherwise it won’t close properly.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 18:33   #966

Which diesel type are you using? Hyundai recommends Shell v-power. I tried IOCL xtra-green but didn’t notice any much difference in mileage or refinement. Is it safe for for long team usage?
Old 29th May 2023, 09:39   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
Which diesel type are you using? Hyundai recommends Shell v-power. I tried IOCL xtra-green but didn’t notice any much difference in mileage or refinement. Is it safe for for long team usage?
I tried all brands hardly .5 kmpl difference. So settled to IOCL regular which is near to my house.

However, replacing air with Nitrogen in tyres also gave a difference of .5 kmpl+ mileage. So running on N2 now.

Last edited by KrishKallapur : 29th May 2023 at 09:39. Reason: Spelling mistakes
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 15:00   #968
BHPian

3 week update on starry night diesel 4 wd. I am going to try and put my review in different categories and things that I feel are important for people who are thinking about buying this car. Most of the thoughts will compare and contrast with my other car (2014 Jetta diesel)

Ergomonics and comfort

I am yet to find the perfect driving position. The arm resting position is just not the same as my jetta (which I feel is perfect in terms of driver ergonomics). It is not horrible but I find myself having a bit of shoulder pain after a long drive. I still need to work on finding the perfect driving position, assuming it exists.

Cannot complain about the back seat comfort though. There is adequate under thigh support (which was majorly lacking in volvo XC40) and the seat recline angle is perfect and very comfortable.

Ride Comfort and handling

Ride comfort is where it scores much better than jetta. The ride quality is the perfect balance between boat like riding and very stiff ride. I drove in all kinds of roads (thank you coimbatore corporation for digging up all roads and leaving them like that) and I felt I could take them on with more confidence than I could in my jetta.
There is no suspension noise when you medium sized potholes. I did not feel any highway expansion joints when riding in the back seat.
It does not ride as flat as my jetta in highways at 100+ kmph speeds and there is always a bit of twitchiness at high speeds. It is not very bad but this is not a car where you can drive at 100 kmph and switch lanes in and out quickly. Drive sedately and don't get into racing matches with idiots on the road and you will be fine. I can take sweeping corners on highways in my jetta at 100+ easily but I am not getting the confidence to the same in the tucson. So, all in all, this is a comfortable family SUV.. Better than any other hyundais I have driven (I owned one of the worst hyundai's ever designed from handling point of view , the 1st gen verna).

ADAS

The only useful feature is the blind spot detection and the camera on the console. It is very helpful and works in most cases although it did miss a few errant bikers from time to time.
Lane keep assist is useless in indian roads as one has to constantly keep changing lanes and drive not fully in lane sometimes. I had to turn it off as the steering kept correcting me and spooked me.
rear cross drive alert came in handy a couple of times when reversing the vehicle in tight places and when coming out of our house.
Overall I would say you will find some of them useful but not all and some features are definitely not suited for indian roads. So You are better off turning those which intrude with driving off.

Parking and turning radius

This is where I had the most trouble initially with the car. One has to plan all basement parking properly as the turning radius is quite large. 3 point turns are the norm in a large number of places where the jetta could maneuver in and out easily. Jetta and tucson have almost the same length but the longer wheelbase of tucson is the reason I guess.
This is where the 360 degree comes in handy. I have no idea how I would maneuver this car without that. The camera is very good and the guidelines and warnings it gives are life savers especially protecting from pillars.

Mileage
Getting around 10 in city in chaotic blore traffic if I drive in eco mode.. Got around 16 in highway run.

Engine and transmission

I generally drive quite sedately and found the engine transmission combination to be perfect. The diesel engine is not noisy (similar to jetta). You can hardly hear in the cabin. The power is adequate and the transmission shifts are not felt at all. The transmission seems to be the right gear most of the time. There is a bit of turbo lag which you will feel when especially in eco mode. On the whole they are very good if you are a sedate driver and do not go hunting for power and speed all the time.

ODDs and ENDs
  • You have to turn on auto hold every time you start the vehicle but it works very well
  • same with drive mode as it does not remember the last selected drive mode.
  • Air conditioner is very good (tested in sweltering western tamilnadu) but the diffuser mode is not good for hot conditions. Have tried it a few times and found it inadequate.
  • Sound system is just adequate even though it has the name BOSE on it. No one who listened to music in the car went WOW.
  • I wish it has wireless android auto.. wired does the job but just the point that I cannot have the phone connected while I am in the backseat is a pain (I know first world problems )
  • The console misses the average speed indicator. Had it in jetta and found it useful for highway runs.
  • Have tried limited voice command like close sun roof and set temperature etc which works but the voice command takes the infotainment screen out of android auto mode and there is no steering shortcut to get back. Once finds having to press a button on the infotainment which mean you have to take your eyes of the road which is dangerous in india.
  • There is no indication in the cluster on which gear you are in (unless you are in the manual mode). My jetta shows the gear one is in even when driving in D and I have found it useful.
etrast75 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 22:43   #969
BHPian

For average speed indicator there is option in infotainment display, show last trip details in real time. It will show average speed for trip and also other useful info like for what duration you were at what speed etc. Try that as I kind off play music in background and let display show that in partition view I e. half side shows map and half side shows car driving details in real time.

Gear number not showing is something even I miss, comming from rapid I got used to this a lot.

Also try using car in normal mode even in city traffic. In my case miellage in city remained same whether in eco or normal.

Last edited by heydj : 1st June 2023 at 22:46.
Old 1st June 2023, 23:03   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
[*]I wish it has wireless android auto.. wired does the job but just the point that I cannot have the phone connected while I am in the backseat is a pain (I know first world problems )
Congrats on your purchase and wishing you many happy miles on the new car.
Saying wired Android auto/ apple carplay is acceptable in 2023 is like omitting Bluetooth from the car but giving it an aux port instead. Given the current rate of technology advancements, not having the wireless option or promising it over time makes absolutely no sense.
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:22   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
It will show average speed for trip and also other useful info like for what duration you were at what speed etc. Try that as I kind off play music in background and let display show that in partition view I e. half side shows map and half side shows car driving details in real time. .
Can you please guide how to do this? I have been trying to find this feature but unfortunately has been unlucky so far. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd June 2023, 15:39   #972

After a wait of 9 months, the day finally arrived on 1st of June when I, along with my family, took delivery of our Tuscon. My 4 year old daughter calls it ‘the magical car’.

During the waiting period, I read multiple horror stories about ADAS and the difficulty in getting adjusted to it. So I requested my SA to downgrade my booking to Platinum from Signature diesel and he promptly agreed. All I had to do is send an email.

My first love, starry night blue, suits the car pretty nice. Although, in some angles and under the shade, it looks more blackish than blue.

Here are some pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_3238-copy.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_3237-copy.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_3236-copy.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_3239.jpeg  

Gearknob is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:18   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
For average speed indicator there is option in infotainment display, show last trip details in real time. It will show average speed for trip and also other useful info like for what duration you were at what speed etc. Try that as I kind off play music in background and let display show that in partition view I e. half side shows map and half side shows car driving details in real time.
Would love to know how to do this.. I could not find any such option.. The only options available in split screen with map were compass, time, weather etc..
Old 3rd June 2023, 12:31   #974
BHPian

Hell folks,
Sharing a few updates post the first servicing of my Diesel Signature. The car was sent for servicing after having completed 9200 Kms in around 7 months. The total cost of the first service was actually Zero. All labour, consumables and even the pick up fees was completely waived/free. So that was a definitely a pleasant surprise. The service experience at Kun Gachibowli was a mixed bag. Their tracking and updates of the service are pretty well managed. The SA shared the progress with WhatsApp updates through the day. Their car cleaning however was rushed and could have definitely been better.

As for the driving and ownership experience, it has been pretty hassle free. I have completed 2 outstation trips (Hyd - Goa, Hyd - Mahabaleshwar) and both were a breeze.

I also don’t have any niggles to report, bar one - which is the very very slight rattle of the driver side height adjustment mechanism of the seat belt. It’s not continuous , it’s not loud but it is there sometimes, right behind your ear.
amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 11:17   #975
BANNED

Hi All,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I belong to the rural part of Punjab, and I would like to share my experience with Hyundai Tucson. This is the only Hyundai Tucson in my city, and the car is certainly a head-turner.

Two weeks back, I bought Hyundai Tucson Signature Diesel AT AWD, and so far my experience has been excellent. Ever since this car was launched, I was keenly looking to buy it, but I wanted to manage my finances before purchasing it. The car is mainly a city car with occasional highway runs. Here is some information that might be helpful for you guys:

1. On-Road Price: 37.70Lakhs
2. City average: 11 km/l
3. Highway Average: Did a short 250km highway run, and I got an average of 17 km/l
4. Current Odometer reading: 1150kms
5. Pros: Super silent diesel engine, enough power, plenty of features, ample space for 5 people & luggage, high on tech & features
6. Cons: At the front dual-zone climate control but single blower control, At the rear no blower control, No Rear window blinds, No wireless Apple Carplay, Android Auto, Light color interiors

I believe Hyundai needs to work on its marketing strategy. While buying this car, I often received feedback about spending 38Lakhs on a Hyundai vehicle. The market perception about spending 20Lakhs+ on Hyundai is not positive, which I believe is wrong. I can't say about other Hyundai models, but for Tucson customers, Hyundai customer service was top-notch.

Also, Hyundai should not give stepmotherly treatment to Indian Tucson customers. In the foreign markets, you also have hybrid, and plug-in hybrid variants of Tucson available which are lacking in India. There are so many accessories available too in the foreign market, whereas in India I don't think there are any official Hyundai Tucson accessories available.

Overall, I think Hyundai Tucson is a fantastic product, certainly much better than Jeep Compass, Meridian, and VW Tiguan.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-cbb79e14967e441e9b16f47bccadd896.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6535.jpg  

aseem23 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks