Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2023, 12:26   #976
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Welcome to the forum aseem23 and congratulations for your new Tucson.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:38   #977
BANNED

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you tell which Engine oil the Hyundai Service Center is using in Tucson? I believe it's shell fully synthetic one, but exact detail will be helpful.
Old 6th June 2023, 15:14   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you tell which Engine oil the Hyundai Service Center is using in Tucson? I believe it's shell fully synthetic one, but exact detail will be helpful.
Hello Aseem,

I recently completed 10,052 KMS & gave the car for 1st free service the service advisor confirmed they will use Servo semi synthetic oil which is free. As per Hyundai we need to use "ACEA C2 0W30" grade engine oil for diesel cars total quantity (7.6L) ..

So i have placed order in AMAZON & below is the product link.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B084STBYJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you.
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 22:58   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
So i have placed order in AMAZON & below is the product link.
Is it recommended or mandatory to use the grade of engine oil that you specified.
The first three services are supposed to be completely free but placing that order will set you back by around rupees 9K.
If it is mandatory to use the grade of engine oil that you said, then I think it is the responsibility of the dealership/service-station and hence they should be the one to bear the costs.

Can you please check.
Old 7th June 2023, 15:19   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
Is it recommended or mandatory to use the grade of engine oil that you specified.
The first three services are supposed to be completely free but placing that order will set you back by around rupees 9K.
If it is mandatory to use the grade of engine oil that you said, then I think it is the responsibility of the dealership/service-station and hence they should be the one to bear the costs.

Can you please check.
Hello Mahin,

It's recommended but not mandatory.If you check the link they have mentioned its optional they will charge you between Rs.860 to Rs.934/Ltr if you go ahead with fully synthetic engine oil. So I decided to get it from shell directly.

Thank you.
Old 10th June 2023, 20:15   #981
BHPian

Clocked 10,000 KMS with Tucson in 7 months.Below are my Likes, dislikes & other observations.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg

Pros :-
1.The 2L Diesel engine is a gem offers ample of torque & punchy.
2.The 8-speed auto is remarkably smooth & very intuitive
2.Rear seat offers ample leg room even for a passenger who is 6’2 .
3.Fuel efficiency - My average so far has been 16Kmpl.I mostly drive in Highways in “Normal” mode.
4.Huge 540 litres boot can easily swallow four large suitcases.
5.360-degree camera display is clear and gives multiple view options.
6.Panoramic sunroof makes the cabin light up well.
7.Level 2 ADAS technology.

Cons:-
1.The seats are light grey and they show stains quite easily.
2. Bose audio is let down.I would just rate 4 out of 10.
3.Wireless Android Auto/Apple Car-play.
4.No USB-C port.
5.No fog lights & average head light throw.

Service Update:-

Got the first free service done couple of days back.There was no replacements of any parts.

1.Oil Filter & Air filter Replacement
2.AdBlue top up was done.

Got the following done outside.

1.Engine Oil replacement.
2.Tyre Rotation & wheel balancing.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-shell.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-engine-oil-change-.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-wheel-.jpg

Final verdict - I have had no complaints so far from the vehicle.Very happy with the Purchase decision Tucson offers amazing power / stunning design & lots of space with premium interiors.
Mathan1130 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 12:55   #982
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I recently made a long road trip (1000 + KMs) from Gurgaon to Himachal (My home and + some vacation places). Sharing a short summary of my experience with Tucson:

1) Drive: Gearbox is incredible, I keep it in Smart mode and it works flawlessly across all conditions and terrains.
2) Mileage: I got close to 15.5 KM/ Liter which is not bad for a large SUV. I also have a heavy foot and can't resist stretching its legs on expressways.
3) ADAS: I am getting more and more confident in using this and have been extremely happy with it. I did face some issues on single lane roads but it was something I was able to anticipate. One interesting observation: In twist/ turns and inclines ADAS is not able to read the lane markings.
4) Ride Quality: Coming from Seltos, I am really enjoying the combination of ride and handling in Tucson. It is certainly no corner carver but ride comfort more than makes up for relatively less agility (Not that I expect a sedan like ride and handling from a large SUV). AWD helps in steep inclines and makes those tricky situations (parking at my home ) very easy to manage
5) Last point: Many people don't know what car is this and mistake it for Creta/ Alcazar. Does not make me feel good, but I kind of knew this when committing for a Hyundai.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4922.jpg

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 12th June 2023 at 12:56.
Mountainman21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:12   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the following done outside.
Good to know you're enjoying. I am seeing more of these in BLR - the front is a bit of an acquired taste but I like the sides and the back. Excellent buy as such.

Noted your engine oil replacement being done outside. Why is that and won't it create a little risk for engine warranty issues? Further, where did you get the oil filter kit aftermarket? Or bought from Hyundai themselves?
Old 12th June 2023, 15:51   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Good to know you're enjoying. I am seeing more of these in BLR - the front is a bit of an acquired taste but I like the sides and the back. Excellent buy as such.

Noted your engine oil replacement being done outside. Why is that and won't it create a little risk for engine warranty issues? Further, where did you get the oil filter kit aftermarket? Or bought from Hyundai themselves?
Hello there,

Thanks.I have used the same grade engine oil which Hyundai has recommended in their website.Also I have used shell fully synthetic engine oil in my elite i-20 & driven it for 1,43,000 + KMS never had any problems so went ahead confidently . I got the Oil filter replaced from Hyundai then got the engine oil changed outside locally.
Old 12th June 2023, 16:46   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[h3]

Be careful with engine oil replacement from outside. Hyundai can easily void warranty in an unfortunate situation citing this reason. Suggest stick with Hyundai until your warranty is done.

Last edited by sunikkat : 12th June 2023 at 16:47.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 16:48   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Many people don't know what car is this and mistake it for Creta/ Alcazar. Does not make me feel good, but I kind of knew this when committing for a Hyundai.
Couple of weeks ago I was getting my Tucson out of my office parking. Some guys from another office in same building had just parked their car & 1-2 of them were checking my black Tucson out. One guy just said - "What are you looking at? Yeah its Venue!". I heard it but I kept walking towards my car reminding myself I'm beyond reacting to this kinda nonsense!

Quote:
I got the Oil filter replaced from Hyundai then got the engine oil changed outside locally.
I assume you got the oil changed outside since Hyundai ASC charges a lot more for this Shell Helix Ultra than what it costs if you buy it yourself. But couldn't you just buy oil from outside & give it to the ASC to put in your car instead? Just curious.

Last edited by amitgupta : 12th June 2023 at 16:49.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:23   #987
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

5) Last point: Many people don't know what car is this and mistake it for Creta/ Alcazar. Does not make me feel good, but I kind of knew this when committing for a Hyundai.

Attachment 2462993
Echo your thoughts on point 5. I hear the same feedback in my town. It's more to do with how Hyundai is perceived in India, and how Tucson is marketed. I just ignore these comments, because there is no point in explaining things to people who won't understand. I absolutely love my Tucson and will share my 5k Km drive experience soon. Wishing you many more Happy miles with the car.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 11:28   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post

I assume you got the oil changed outside since Hyundai ASC charges a lot more for this Shell Helix Ultra than what it costs if you buy it yourself. But couldn't you just buy oil from outside & give it to the ASC to put in your car instead? Just curious.
Hello Amit,

Very true Hyundai charges high around Rs 934 per litre. Also i was not confident whether they will use the fully synthetic engine oil which is difficult to find.More over the order which I placed took 5 days to reach home & the local service centre is near by so went ahead & got it changed with them.
Old 13th June 2023, 15:06   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Also i was not confident whether they will use the fully synthetic engine oil which is difficult to find.
What I meant was - did you ask them if they could use the engine oil that you provide? I've known people who were particular about brand of engine oil etc. & they would just provide the can to the ASC themselves to be used for their car. Since the customer is providing the oil, ASC doesn't charge for oil.
Old 14th June 2023, 18:09   #990
BHPian

Quote:
5) Last point: Many people don't know what car is this and mistake it for Creta/ Alcazar.
This is very surprising to me! Maybe those people are JUST NOT into cars or they need to get their eyes checked . I can understand the previous-gen Tucson getting confused with the previous-gen Creta, they are similar.

Quote:
Does not make me feel good, but I kind of knew this when committing for a Hyundai.
I have the aforementioned previous-gen Tucson and more people have told me something like "this is a Creta right" than not. Not sure if I'm the weird one out, but I actually like it. Somehow makes me feel like I have a sleeper car, a "Creta" with 185 BHP, 400 Nm of torque and an 8-speed gearbox .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks