Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 11:57   #16

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Good looking car, lots of features - typical of koreans, Somehow the interior did not give me the wow factor. This is where Hyundai could have hit it out of the park. You look at luxury cars and lot of them provide amazing interiors. Is the comparison valid? yes because we are now talking of a car which is 40+ L on road.

The diesel engine seems pretty good, but disappointed with the specs of the petrol engine. An NA engine at 37+ L! Engine/Gearbox for petrol is same as a car from the same company at 13 lacs lesser price!

Will test drive it next week, but most likely will give it a pass. Its Tiguan vs Octavia for me (SUV vs Sedan)
nks81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:59   #17
BHPian

Excellent writeup @Omkar. Thanks a lot. When I checked with the Hyundai showroom here, I was told that this generation of Tucson misses out on wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play. Is it true?
ashking101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:03   #18
BHPian

Great review!

Is it just me or does the front interior/dashboard have a very strong resemblance to the one in Creta?
Col Mehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashking101 View Post
Excellent writeup @Omkar. Thanks a lot. When I checked with the Hyundai showroom here, I was told that this generation of Tucson misses out on wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play. Is it true?
Yes. Its hardware limitation of the 10 inch touchscreen due to which it misses on wireless Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay.
MayurS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Great review!

Is it just me or does the front interior/dashboard have a very strong resemblance to the one in Creta?
Yes it is. Even more with the 2022 refresh which has the piano black finish on the dashboard instead of the matte finish.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The carmaker has now revealed the waiting period for the SUV, which stretches from 8-10 months.
Is this 8-10 month waiting only for fresh bookings made from now on? Will be interesting to hear from BHPians who had pre-booked this long before official bookings opened about the delivery timelines they have been given.
Old 12th August 2022, 12:28   #22
BHPian

Can someone please throw light on the adblu/dpf mechanism of the new Diesel Tucson AWD.

Secondly, I didn't expect space saver tyre on this vehicle whose OTR price reaches 40 grand. Hyundai should have provided the full spec alloy wheel as spare.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:38   #23
BHPian

Nice crisp writeup @ Omkar . The price reveal has really watered down the aspirations of a lot of potential buyers. Ideally it should have been lower by around five lakhs but wishes are horses since all the products in that category are virtually fighting to see who would price the most . I cannot find a single diesel automatic with power and good driving characteristics to upgrade from my Creta diesel automatic in the 25 to 35 lakhs range. That would be the ideal price range for a blockbuster.

I could still stretch for the Tucson Platinum variant but the dimensions are holding me back. The car is wider than an Innova and almost as long. Wow. If only the Compass was more engaging to drive. Sigh......
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:43   #24
BHPian

Awesome review as always. The car looks good IMO. The old one looks more elegant but this one looks more vibrant. Checking it out in flesh tomorrow and hopefully will get a test drive as well. Unfortunately, only petrol AT is available for test drive at a nearby dealership. I feel that Tuscon diesel make more sense.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:53   #25
BHPian

Good In-depth review. Had a look at the other reviews as well. Here’s my take -
If you want a feature laden car mostly use in the city and with a driver, then you can go for it with eyes closed.
If you are an enthu cutlet self driver then the only option is the diesel for which you need to have the required amount of usage.
If your an off-roader - look elsewhere, the length of the car will definitely interfere in the non road scenarios.
Is it overpriced ? in my opinion absolutely. Will it make a difference to buyers? Don’t think so.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 13:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Centre console houses the switches for the drive mode selector, parking sensors, downhill control, 360-degree camera and auto-hold surrounding the electronic parking brake.
Can't see any AWD lock button here, is it located somewhere else or Hyundai has given that too a miss?
Also, could you plz rate the engine refinement of the Tucson wrt the Compass Diesel & XUV700 Diesel?
Thanks!

Last edited by Vtach : 12th August 2022 at 13:22.
Vtach is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 13:17   #27
BHPian

Thank you Omkar, great and detailed review. I was looking forward to this car as
I thought it would give good fight to the likes of XUV700 and its ilk. Personally I am disappointed with the pricing, the car had all the qualities to give some tough competition; 5 star safety rating with all bells and whistles including the level 2 ADAS which is quite cool.

But Hyundai themselves aren't keen on promoting this product at scale. The response from the showrooms and advisors have been pretty lukewarm. They don't know anything about the vehicle nor their pricing points.

Definitely overpriced in my view, but may not affect the buying decision of many.
Old 12th August 2022, 13:27   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The fourth generation Hyundai Tucson was launched in India earlier this week. The carmaker has now revealed the waiting period for the SUV, which stretches from 8-10 months.
Definitely over-stated by a few months, with several people cancelling their bookings the waiting period will only come down…

And 400 units a month will happen only in the first 2 months, it’ll settle down to 100-200 max a month with the over-ambitious pricing that Hyundai India has gone with.

And anyways with the delays in getting the car to India, unveiling and then finally launch date, the entire anticipation of the product has gone cold. It shows that Hyundai India are themselves not interested in selling the car. It feels as if the car is missing something but can’t pinpoint it exactly, the price is not great either.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th August 2022 at 13:33.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 13:28   #29
BHPian

I think this lacks the X-factor people are looking for in a 40L car. The design on both interior and exterior is an issue - It just doesn't click! Then the Petrol Engine which is a big joke. Where is this 1.6 T- GDi Engine? Where are the Hybrid versions? What were they thinking? If I had my way, I would have jailed them for such atrocity.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot_20220812131847.png
CarNerd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 13:35   #30
BHPian

By this high pricing they may have increased their per unit profit, but the high pricing may become a demand killer, and thereby reducing the total profit potential at the product level.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks