Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 11:02   #136
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Has anyone discussed about Insurance part with dealer? I'm seeing extra premium of almost 1L for Signature Diesel variant (~1.9L v/s ~90K from some of reputed insurance providers).
This is how split is:
- Insurance: ~1.27L
- 3rd party Insurance: ~30K
- 0 Dep: ~30K
Total: ~1.9L

I also see Std Fitment charges of 15K...what are these?

For Fastag, since I already have another car tied to HDFC, is this something we should procure ourselves so it shows up together instead of dealer providing the same from some other bank and overhead of recharging from 2 different places?
Old 16th August 2022, 11:11   #137
BHPian

Interesting perspectives shared in this thread. Made for good reading.

1. It’s not an apples-to-apples comparison to compare body roll of an SUV with a sedan. SUVs are designed to provide good ride quality. It’s a disadvantage of the Tiguan that it’s stiff, there are many who don’t consider it for this reason alone. Now while that may be an advantage for some, it’s surely not reasonable to expect “car like handling around corners” from an SUV.

2. Currently sold 5-seater Tiguan is a small(er) car compared to this LWB Tucson. Besides the difference in the wheelbase itself, the Tiguan feels cramped inside. Comparing the new Tucson with a new Tiguan may not be reasonable for this reason alone. While the petrol Tucson is an inferior engine/GB combination to the Tiguan’s 2.0 TSI/DQ381, the trade off therein is the size of the car/space inside, which then is up to individual preferences. Besides the difference in ride quality as well. Where the Tiguan is inferior (plush is desirable for a majority of buyers, stiff isn’t).

3. Comparison with Creta, “40L Hyundai” and associated social (in)validation: well, even if one buys a C-Class there would be folks who could opine that a spending 65-70L for a 2L engine is ridiculous. Comparison/judgment by others shall always continue to exist. Agree 100% with Sheel that it’s up to each individual to decide what they value, and not choose cars merely to satiate the inner need for social validation. That would be a down-the-rabbit-hole-journey which may not provide happiness.

4. 18+L premium over Creta: 5* GNCAP safety vs 3* is surely worth it. Besides all the other advantages.

Last edited by GoBlue : 16th August 2022 at 11:20.
GoBlue is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 11:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone discussed about Insurance part with dealer?

I also see Std Fitment charges of 15K...what are these?

Insurance… yes we can save minimum 90K there. Cholam insurance with IDV 29 L and all the possible add ons is just 87 K including zero dep.

I am going to have a discussion later today on pricing for Diesel Signature.. will update here.

Quote:

For Fastag, since I already have another car tied to HDFC, is this something we should procure ourselves so it shows up together instead of dealer providing the same from some other bank and overhead of recharging from 2 different places?

It is not allowed to transfer a fastag. If you have a wallet already, a new tag can be added to it. So you can add the tag of Tucson. Details are explained well here: https://www.fastag-recharge.com/how-...car-to-another
KrishKallapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 11:44   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post

It is not allowed to transfer a fastag. If you have a wallet already, a new tag can be added to it. So you can add the tag of Tucson.
Maybe my query wasn't clear. I'm not planning to transfer FASTag. It will be an addition. So I have my existing car under HDFC FASTag (and that will continue) and now if dealer provides let's say FASTag managed by another bank for new car, won't it lead to overhead of managing the same via different bank portals?
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 12:13   #140
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not planning to transfer FASTag. It will be an addition. So I have my existing car under HDFC FASTag (and that will continue) and now if dealer provides let's say FASTag managed by another bank for new car, won't it lead to overhead of managing the same via different bank portals?
I got the below content saved from one of the threads in the forums.
Don't have the details of the member but following is what he quoted

"(First visit before pdi 6. Check if they can get you your preferred fastag and what would be the balance at time of delivery, if they can’t or the balance is less than 50rs then tell them you will get your own and minus the fastag amount."
KNL_Bandi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:01   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe my query wasn't clear. I'm not planning to transfer FASTag. It will be an addition. So I have my existing car under HDFC FASTag (and that will continue) and now if dealer provides let's say FASTag managed by another bank for new car, won't it lead to overhead of managing the same via different bank portals?
Got it! Same with me too. I checked with my personal banker in HDFC bank. He was saying the current balance in the wallet remains intact. Just make sure that the vendor adds Tucson fastag to the same wallet. Then deactivate the old tag so the balance in the wallet can be used with Tucson. What is not clear is whether 500 Rs will be charged just for binding the new tag to the existing wallet.
Old 16th August 2022, 14:28   #142
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I saw Tucson in flesh and in some youtube video reviews too. The design looks very refreshing and new. The Interior is also very pleasant but the price is a bit on the higher side. Planning to take a test drive in the coming weekend but considering the price, I feel XUV700 will be a better option for the buyer.

As per Hyundai DNA, wait for a year and you will get the same face in the upcoming Creta/ Venue (with some bits here and there).
satish.gawai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:33   #143
BHPian

Hello All, I have been doing round trips to both jeep and Hyundai since few days and now totally confused. Heart says Jeep compass S and mind says Tucson. While I liked the design of Tucson, could not feel the same build quality of jeep and also interior was too normal...missed that wow factor. Have paid advance to both and thought of closing in on one in the days to come.My wife and kids also like Jeep compass and felt plasticy dash and okok interiors of Tucson. One of the visitor planted a fear factor of not going for deisel due to upcomming norms in Bangalore by 2025. He claims he is from green tribunal and now my wife is really concerned. Not sure if I have to look at Toyota hyryder.Any help guys....
Old 16th August 2022, 15:50   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
As a fellow C5 Aircross owner, I couldn't agree more. Ventilated seats, 360 cam and memory on powered seats are sorely missed on C5. Tucson (old) & C5 were my finalists back in Nov'21. I waited for Tucson for quite some time - I mean, some announcement, some carrot from Hyundai and I would waited longer, before taking a plunge with C5. I'm quite happy with my vehicle but if I really was in market today I would have certainly inclined towards Tucson.
Absolutely in agreement. Add a premium sound system to that list.

I take solace in the fact that I got a C5 at <39L OTR Mumbai. Now the C5 or the Tuscon Diesel would cost us 42 OTR Mumbai and the AWD Tuscon going up much more
Old 16th August 2022, 15:59   #145
BHPian

I don't think this well sell much as people will compare it to Mahindra/Tata offerings on one side and think its expensive. Or they will say its comparable to VW/Skoda offerings and does not have German badge. So let me try addressing both sides as I did for myself while buying Tucson Diesel AT top end in June 2022.

Expensive debate in comparison to Mahindra / Tata:
- Tucson is a CKD and has better fit & finish.
- Fuss free ownership. No niggles to speak off.
- On par in terms of Diesel fun factor, if anything its better then others to drive.

In comparison to VW / Skoda
- Fuss free ownership
-On par in terms of fun factor

These were my considerations while buying Tucson Diesel. In 2 months have driven 2.5K Kms and must say its a hoot to drive (touchwood).

I have used Skoda Rapid TDI DSG for 7 years and in my view German cars are brilliant to drive and DSG is the best in terms of AT. Problem I faced was ownership with lots of headaches and no peace of mind.

Hence while looking for my next ride I wanted 1. Good built quality if not the best, 2. Fun to drive, 3. Fuss free ownership, 4. Diesel. With these 4 criteria my options came down to Fortuner & Tucson, I picked latter as did not have big enough parking space at home.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:54   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
As a Citroen C5 Aircross owner , all i can say is that this car looks Super Premium compared to the Citroen, i would definitely pay the premium that Hyundai is charging !

The Tucson Feature list itself will put the C5 to shame.
360 degree Cameras, ADAS , Cooled and ventilated seats and the list goes on .

Most frustrating part of owning the C5, manual controls for the passenger seat adjustments. Tucson has Powered passenger seats as well.

The interiors are on another Level altogether. Especially the rear seats , they look so plush and spacious .

For someone with primarily Urban commute and occasional Highway usage , Tucson make so much more sense than a C5 Aircross.

USP of the C5 Aircross is its ride quality and i seriously doubt if the Tucson can match it , let alone beat it in this area.
I will have to let go my 5 year old Jeep Compass manual diesel which was a part of company lease. And now I am looking for a diesel automatic. I had almost finalised on C5 Aircross, when the new Tucson came up. It is very helpful to see your post at this juncture, particularly from a C5 owner. It will be great if you drive the new Tucson and post your opinion here.

Yesterday I could see the new Tucson in person, sat inside it, but could not drive it as the test drive car was taken out somewhere. The new Tucson looks BIG from outside. For family of three, I would have preferred a little compact form factor (parking issues everywhere in the city) and that's the reason I liked C5. I liked the front seat comfort of C5 more than that of Tucson. But it is the backseat where Tucson completely blows C5 away. Adequate recline angle, proper under-thigh support, excellent leg room etc. make the Tucson unrivalled in the back seat. I am in dilemma now as my car will be driven 50% of the time.

Tucson's interior looks premium, but I did not like the big black rectangle holding the touch screen. It looks a bit out of the place. Otherwise, the interior looks really good. Somehow I liked my old Compass's leather quality more than that in Tucson. Material used in seats of C5 is good, but the dull grey colour has taken the sheen away as compared to Tucson. In fact when I came out of C5 and sat at the back seat of Compass, the later gave me a more airy feeling due to the lighter colour combination.

One more observation, if door "thud" is a perception of build quality, then both C5 and compass has good edge over Tucson.

Ride quality, coupled with decent handling, is the most important and non-negotiable criterion for me for the new car. So, I am still tilted towards C5, but need to drive the Tucson. I can live with less features, but not at the cost of ride quality. Our official Team bhp review does not comment much about ride and handling part of Tucson with respect to C5, more comparisons are for Tiguan and Kodiaq and Compass as well. I site the following lines from official review:

• "The setup is on the softer side making it quite absorbent, especially when compared to the likes of VW Tiguan, Jeep Compass, or even the Skoda Kodiaq."
  • "It takes larger bumps well; you may feel them, but you won't hear the suspension giving out a loud noise. Over bad roads, the suspension does feel a bit busy though. There is always some body movement."
  • "It's not very bouncy at high speeds and passengers will be comfortable in the front as well as rear. However, at high speeds, the suspension doesn't feel flat like the Jeep Compass. Still, overall, the Tucson is a capable long-distance cruiser."

Last edited by sups : 16th August 2022 at 16:56.
sups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:16   #147
BHPian

Yesterday I read the Team bhp official review of new Tucson and C5 Aircross back to back, and some thing stuck me. In the review of C5, there were lots of "wow" factors, be it insane amount of sound insulation or stellar ride quality or door thud feeling or overall "solid depth of engineering", even though lots of features were missing in C5. I could not find any such "wow" factor in Tucson review except for premium interior and best rear seat in the category. And I wonder "why", particularly when the new Tucson is feature loaded and more value for money compared to C5. May be I am not interpreting it correctly.

One thing that comes to my mind is that C5 review was published before the price came out in the market and everybody expected the price to be 5 to 8 lakh cheaper than what was announced. So, when the price was announced, the "wow" factors of C5 might have faded away as it was not value for money.
sups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 18:47   #148

We are sailing in the same boat buddy. I was extremely excited for the launch of Tucson, and was eagerly looking forward to it. I also pre-booked it in July just to make sure I am not stuck in the waiting period. However, the pricing has impacted me badly. Somehow, even though the amazing features, engine, specs, space and Hyundai's reliability (Used Hyundai Santro for 14 years, using i20 from last 6 years and Grand i10 from last 3 years), I am not convinced on shelling 4 million on Hyundai.

I am still searching for an alternative car and here are the ones I tried:
  • VW Taigun
    - Strong built
    - Typical VW Material
    - Enthusiastic driving (I drove 1.0 TSI manual)
    - Rich interiors and comfort
    - Lack features as compared to Korean siblings
    - Expensive parts and service cost
  1. VW Virtus
    - Amazing legroom and boot-space
    - Same driving pleasure of a German engine (I drove 1.0 Automatic)
    - Comfortable sitting and driving dynamics
    - Same cons as mentioned above
  1. Hyundai Alcazar
    - Lots and lots of features (Panaromic sunroof, 360 degree cameras, ambient lighting, paddle shifters, etc. etc.)
    - Powerful engine (I drove 2.0 Petrol automatic)
    - Pretty spacious and a 7-seater
    - Ride quality is little on the harder side
    - Lack the feeling of luxury

I am not still not able to decide whether to go for Alcazar, or for Tucson or wait for the new Creta till next year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I had made a Pre-booking of Hyundai Tucson. Yet to see it in person. Just like everyone has expressed, the pricing is 3-4 lakhs higher than expected. One thing I can confidently say is that, CKD cars are very well packaged.

There is no mention of Fuel Efficiency Figures anywhere ! Is there any info on that.

Question to all prospective Tucson Buyer's -

Has the pricing made you look at other alternatives at a slight compromise in some aspects.

I am in dilemma because, i have considered all SUVs under 30 lakhs. Take Tata Harrier for example, i like the way it looks, drives, rides but despite the updates, quality is still not upto the mark and the Touchscreen HU sucks. It's not worth it. Misses some features competition has.

Next, Mahindra XUV7OO, everything is good in this car except few things like Rear Seat which isn't that spacious as Safari. More than that, the high waiting and niggles associated with Mahindra has made me rethink of one. Although I am not particular about color, but getting one quickly isn't going to be easy.

Jeep Compass is a good package, but is expensive and not as big as these. Also, it's already a 5 year old product.

That's where the Hyundai Tucson made sense to wait, but now it's finally here, and Hyundai screwed up the pricing just like their recent launches. Apart from pricing and some missing features present in lower models of Hyundai, i like this new Tucson as a package.

But the bigger question is - Is this New Tucson a Good Replacement for a Volkswagen Jetta?

That's something i haven't been able to get through.
Old 16th August 2022, 19:27   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
One thing that comes to my mind is that C5 review was published before the price came out in the market and everybody expected the price to be 5 to 8 lakh cheaper than what was announced. So, when the price was announced, the "wow" factors of C5 might have faded away as it was not value for money.
I think buying car is more of a suitability decision than "WOW" for most buyers.

In today's car market > At 40 Lakhs > look for an suv which has:
  1. A futuristic design
  2. Such big cabin space
  3. Decent Diesel engine
  4. ADAS2 (required or not, a different question)
  5. Feel like a premium product
  6. Build quality above usual SUV manufactured in India (Harrier, XUV, etc etc)
  7. Service network spread across India
  8. Known for good service
  9. Good resale value
  10. Service after warranty - less headache (VW group is notorious in this)

You will not get even a single one. Tiguan, Compass, Meridian, C5 - all of them miss something in the list. Some are even higher priced. It's true, compared to other parts of the world, Hyundai is charging more. But then this is CKD. Probably imported from Korea or Czech Republic. Hyundai does not want to sell more units as a strategy. I don't think they will setup a manufacturing line in India for Tucson. Some parts will be shared with other products like Alcazar and Creta. Like Mahindra XUV 700 - Tucson is not going to get that kind of demand. So unless they make India a hub and export, it is not viable.

Best way to decide is drop in, check out and drive. Reviews give an indication and generalised opinion. For individual feel and suitability, in person engagement is best.

Last edited by KrishKallapur : 16th August 2022 at 19:43. Reason: Missed some points
KrishKallapur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 19:55   #150

Hello everyone,

Lot of discussions around the tuscon’s value for money. In Kolkata given the lower registration charges the Diesel Platinum comes to about Rs 32.5 L OTR. Can do without the Adas and small things ill be missing. Does it look like a good buy then? Nothing comparable has what its offering.

*My first post on the forum. Been reading since childhood

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks