Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 15:52   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Keep the XUV700 and Scorpio aside, Tucson pricing looks on par with competition. If I am to compare the primary rival- Compass, for approximately 4L more you get bigger car, more power and a lot more features. Brand wise, probably Jeep might have an upper hand but Hyundai comes with better dealer reach. 30L for Tucson? well that's us expecting more for less or comparing 4-5 year old pricing. Top spec of cheapest SUV (please don't bash me, market thinks so!) - SPresso is 7.5L OTR here in KA

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th August 2022 at 21:29. Reason: Typo: Tucson
PrideRed is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 16:24   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I'm not sure if potential Tucson buyers would find it annoying that the Creta front fascia looks EXACTLY similar to the Tuscon. Infact the "parametric jewel" design as Hyundai calls it, is implemented in its entire new lineup right from the i20 onwards, with the Creta also getting the illuminated DRLs like the Tuscon. I for one would hate buying a 42L car and find out there are cars at 30% the cost looking exactly the same.
I agree with you.

Some call it seeking validation from the society/brand conscious/aspirational - whatever it is, I don't intend to pay ~18 lakhs premium OTR on top of Creta for Tucson, which has the same front looks. NCAP ratings & safety are not criteria for me. With CKD, the availability of parts & skilled technicians in Tier 2/3 cities is a significant concern for me.

Time is on my side, and I am prepared to wait till the new Creta & Harrier are launched and then test drive Scorpio N, Creta, Harrier, and Tucson (hopefully some discounts after 6-12 months) to pick my choice.

My heart still says I would love the torque & power in the Tucson diesel engine. End of the day, it is all about making compromises.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th August 2022 at 21:28. Reason: Typo: Tucson
KNL_Bandi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:20   #183
BHPian

Somewhere all of us would have to list the criteria important to us in a priority order else we'll never end up in getting a car , especially with the supply chain issues. The automobile landscape has changed drastically in last 1-2 years by moving to seller's market. There would always be new features added every year and it will never be enough. I still remember when Audi launched virtual cockpit or the sequential turn indicator, it felt wow and now you get those features in cars which are less than half the cost. I know people who got X1 at around 37L OTR Bangalore pre pandemic and the same is available at ~55L OTR Bangalore now. It is difficult to justify price for most of the cars in this segment. The so called society approval will last few days but post that all that matters is did you get what was important to you.
neel911 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:48   #184
pms
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if potential Tucson buyers would find it annoying that the Creta front fascia looks EXACTLY similar to the Tuscon. Infact the "parametric jewel" design as Hyundai calls it, is implemented in its entire new lineup right from the i20 onwards, with the Creta also getting the illuminated DRLs like the Tuscon. I for one would hate buying a 42L car and find out there are cars at 30% the cost looking exactly the same.
Believe these comparisons exist in much expensive luxury brands as well and one cannot avoid it. Take the case of Audi A3 and A4. Same way with the Mercedes sedans as well. Unless you are a keen auto enthusiast its very difficult to say at one glance which is which.
pms is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 19:20   #185
BHPian

Most of the Key ADAS level 2 features explained in this video.

Old 18th August 2022, 20:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Somewhere all of us would have to list the criteria important to us ....
Excellent point.
When first generation Verna was released, it looked so different and odd to many people. Also it was expensive. Initially I disliked its looks, particularly back side. But after a test drive, I was blown off. I bought it, never cared about looks that point onwards. It served really well, sold after 1.2 Lakh KM.

As you say it is really important to make a priority list and tick them as you shortlist.

Once I made a mistake of buying Tata Indigo Marina. I bought it for its cabin space. I owned it 11 months, it was in service centre for 2 months. 21 times it had to be repaired. Sold it in frustration.

Apart from looks, fun to drive, X factor, etc I think reliability, ownership experience, service availability and quality of service are really critical. And all of that does cost $$

I have spoken to multiple current owners of Tucson from different cities in my circle, all of them are happy with both the car and the company. That weighs heavy on Tucson!
KrishKallapur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 23:39   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review. This current generation car looks like nothing else on the roads right now. The exterior design is absolutely fantastic and they are selling like hot cakes in the UK right now. This is the perfect timing for the Indian launch as well since I feel our market has evolved enough now and luxury compact SUVs will find a lot of takers. This would be the perfect upgrade for someone who wants space, yet a manageable footprint and peace of ownership knowing that it is a Hyundai at the end of the day.
Old 19th August 2022, 00:56   #188
BHPian

Anyone here with a pre booking being confirmed a delivery date in the immediate future (Aug/Sep)?
Old 19th August 2022, 12:11   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Driving the Hyundai Tucson 2.0L Diesel Automatic
Omkar will there be a review of the 2.0 Petrol Tucson following soon?
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 13:44   #190
Team-BHP Support

I for one find the Tucson pricing pretty much on point. Its not cheap but it isn't overly expensive for what it offers either. Everything in the 30 lac price has moved up 5 lacs if not 10 in the last 2 years. Considering this is an all new generation and a full size larger the 5-7 lac premium over the last generation too (almost too long in the tooth Tucson) doesn't feel all that much extra to ask for frankly.

I still haven't warmed up to the edgy design language of the new Tucson but can hardly wait to spot one in person. Going by initial reviews the Tucson seems to be a well rounded package. It misses out on the luxurious feel of the premium competitors but more than makes up for it with its long list of features and is still priced 10-12 lacs cheaper.

Quote:
I'm not sure if potential Tucson buyers would find it annoying that the Creta front fascia looks EXACTLY similar to the Tucson. In fact the "parametric jewel" design as Hyundai calls it, is implemented in its entire new lineup right from the i20 onwards, with the Creta also getting the illuminated DRLs like the Tucson. I for one would hate buying a 42L car and find out there are cars at 30% the cost looking exactly the same.
Although the resemblance of the Tucson in its last inning to the last generation Creta and I20 seem to have sabotaged its sales a quick look at the current or even last generation mainstream Mercedes and BMW cars and this will seem to be the new normal. Heck even Tata's Harrier and Safari are almost identical whilst the Punch front face bears a strong resemblance.

Companies probably find it easier (and mostly cheaper) to play around with the same design language than having to start afresh for each product. But since you brought this up I'm tempted to ask you how you feel abt the sub 10 lac C3 sharing its design cues with the much more expensive C5?

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2022 at 13:46.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 14:23   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Anyone here with a pre booking being confirmed a delivery date in the immediate future (Aug/Sep)?
Hello there ,

Yesterday i spoke to my SA he told priority is being given to customer who have confirmed their bookings for both Starry Night /Amazon Grey colours. Hyundai is taking orders only for these colours till this month end. From next month Sep the orders will be taken for all the remaining colours & he confirmed the delivery will be start in next 30 to 45 days for sure.

If I login to click to Buy Hyundai Portal it still show my old colour which I selected during online pre -booking.This will change only when the Order is placed by the Hyundai Sales team to Direct Hyundai manufacturing unit!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20220819-2.17.10-pm.png  

Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:42   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Companies probably find it easier (and mostly cheaper) to play around with the same design language than having to start afresh for each product. But since you brought this up I'm tempted to ask you how you feel abt the sub 10 lac C3 sharing its design cues with the much more expensive C5?
Agreed, and not taking anything away from the wonderful car that the Tucson is made out to be, but I think Hyundai is the king of the design template copy paste modus operandi. Many cars have similarities but not to the extent that Hyundai models do (subjective opinion). Since you ask, the C3 also very evidently shares its design DNA with the C5 - more so the facelifted version, which is (thankfully) not the one I have, but its not literally twinning like the Tucson and Creta do. It's a minor niggle of course, but one is entitled to nit pick when paying 40+L .

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th August 2022 at 21:20. Reason: Typo: Tuscon -> Tucson
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 18:27   #193
BHPian

I have seen lot of criticism and scepticism in this thread on why Tucson will not sell more, how similar design of other models will affect etc etc. As a matter of fact, Hyundai does not want to sell more numbers of Tucson. All the noise and grump becomes less important because for the numbers being targeted, Hyundai will get customers. Rest is all only entertaining debate unfortunately.
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 18:41   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
&
As a matter of fact, Hyundai does not want to sell more numbers of Tucson. All the noise and grump becomes less important because for the numbers being targeted, Hyundai will get customers. Rest is all only entertaining debate unfortunately.
Just curious, how much numbers of Tucson does Hyundai want to sell as per your sources? Just wanted to get the latest assessment as 8-10 months waiting periods were quoted at the day of price reveal?
Old 19th August 2022, 18:54   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Just curious, how much numbers of Tucson does Hyundai want to sell as per your sources? Just wanted to get the latest assessment as 8-10 months waiting periods were quoted at the day of price reveal?
500 units per month maximum is what I am told. On the price reveal day they had 4800 bookings.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks