Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2022, 21:04   #676
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by x017in View Post
The middle row captain seats is optional. You can have bench seats instead on the higher models
Bench seat without headrest in between ottoman captain seats in the middle row for a high end trim. I can only imagine it to look very unattractive. Not sure, if Toyota is going to provide this option(or as an accessory).
Old 3rd December 2022, 01:08   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x017in View Post
The middle row captain seats is optional. You can have bench seats instead on the higher models
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
Bench seat without headrest in between ottoman captain seats in the middle row for a high end trim. I can only imagine it to look very unattractive. Not sure, if Toyota is going to provide this option(or as an accessory).
There is no bench seat option in the top-end ZX variant of the HyCross. Captain seats are the only option.

And to dissuade people from using that after-market seat in between the two captain seats, Toyota has provided a folding table so the extra seat just cannot fit between the captain seats on the ZX top-end variants. Lower variants get the 8 seater option.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 14:06   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Comparing with the HID setup the light throw of Tucson is above average I would rate 5 out of 10.
Folks - I drive a Creta 2017 SX(O) the Headlights were absolutely appalling for highway drives in the nights. This isn't limited to the Creta but all the projector headlights from Hyundai India's stable
Some searching lead me to Motofocuz and a detailed discussion helped and I was in Chennai for the upgrade at the earliest.
"Switch on the Sun at Night" caption would befit the upgrade (Hope Philips doesn't mind it). He handles the premium vehicles like BMW, Merc etc. Highly recommend their service

NOTE : I am a highly satisfied customer and nothing else. Hence recommending it to the community
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 22:44   #679
BHPian

Hey guys, from which company does Hyundai source its ADAS for tucson? I know MG Astor gets it from Bosch and XUV700 has Intel one.
Old 4th December 2022, 10:11   #680
BHPian

Has anyone here driven both Tucson and C5 Aircross? Keeping all the features aside, which one scores better on pure driving pleasure? If C5 Aircross, is there a significant edge above Tucson or it's just a marginal difference? I am confused between finalizing the two. I primarily need it for long road trips.
Old 4th December 2022, 10:21   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
Has anyone here driven both Tucson and C5 Aircross? Keeping all the features aside, which one scores better on pure driving pleasure? If C5 Aircross, is there a significant edge above Tucson or it's just a marginal difference? I am confused between finalizing the two. I primarily need it for long road trips.
I test drove both. I personally liked Tucson much better. Probably my expectations on the C5's ride quality was so high. But in reality, felt Tucson's ride quality much better.
Also the engine was louder in C5 for the initial pickup. It was so disturbing within the cabin.
Old 5th December 2022, 10:52   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I personally liked Tucson much better.
I test-drove both yesterday back-to-back. On the contrary, I found C5 ride-quality miles ahead, Tucson no match against it. While Tucson had all the features and oompah, it was C5 Aircross that bought a smile to my face through the 40km+ ride I took in it. The way it just glided over every road and the level of insulation inside the cabin prompted me to keep on driving it.

After much deliberation, I cannot convince myself to go with Tucson so probably will not be going ahead with it. It probably will be C5 Aircross, but not yet sure I should spend 40 lakhs on a relatively new brand. Let's see what happens
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 13:30   #683
One
BHPian

Quote:
Posted my views in this post (2022 Hyundai Tucson vs Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross vs Others) . I found the Tucson to be a very easy choice over C5 even though I find C5 to be the better looking one. The diesel Tucson engine-gearbox combo is so wonderful that my wife who doesn't enjoy driving had a blast with this one.
Old 5th December 2022, 18:24   #684

Hello All,

A newbie here and execited to start my journey on this forum.

I currently drive a Hyundai Creta, Diesel 2016 and looking for an upgrade since last few months. Test drove Tiguan (Petrol) and Tuscon (Diesel) and have paid the booking amount for the Tuscon, Singature Diesel (2WD) verson 1 month ago. After reading through DSG problems and stiff suspension, didn't go ahead with Tiguan.

I have always been a fan of the big 3 German cars and test drove BMW X1 couple of months ago. Since the current X1 will be replaced soon and there was no date as to when the facelift will be available in India, I was not too interested.

My preference is 5 seater premium SUV, mostly for city drive in Bangalore. No preference in fuel type. Budget is around 50L but can slightly extend.

While booking the Tuscon, I was told the delivery might take anything between 6 to 9 months. With the new Audi Q3 delivery starting from January 2023 (SA informed me and taking a test drive next week) and read somewhere that BMW X1 will be available in India from Feb 2023, I am entering a phase of eternal dilemma that car buyers usually go through - should I wait for the new X1 or continue with Tuscon or skip both and book Q3? Looking for directions from the experts here. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2022, 18:47   #685
BHPian

Hi Gearknob,

I am replying to your post being in exact same position as you. I booked Tuscon in Mid August and delivery is still nowhere near. I am thinking that since delivery is delayed to March, why not use this time to test drive the Audi Q3 and even possibly X1 if it is launched by Feb 23. I can choose one among these 3 by Feb/March.
mgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:16   #686

Hi Gearknob, mgoel... initial reviews for Audi Q3 came out and seems to be missing host of features than what we get in global market, basic alloy design, no 360 degree camera, lacks diesel and the price is 10L+ than Tucson, X1 when launched will be approx. 45L+ ex-showroom or more. Tucson's design, features and Hyundai reliability is keeping me off from looking at other options. My SA is promising March delivery as well.
motorturf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:21   #687
BHPian

Quote:
It probably will be C5 Aircross, but not yet sure I should spend 40 lakhs on a relatively new brand. Let's see what happens
Do consider sales numbers when narrowing down to a brand. Consider how long a company will sustain operations with very low sales. Sales numbers are on team bhp, you can look them up.
Old 5th December 2022, 19:51   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Do consider sales numbers when narrowing down to a brand. Consider how long a company will sustain operations with very low sales. Sales numbers are on team bhp, you can look them up.
Citroen has indicated multiple times that C5 Aircross is their flagship product only showing their capability, but their main focus is mass-market cars. They have already launched C3 and have more products lined up in the coming time. They are investing in localization, and building platforms specific to India. So, I believe they are here to stay. In recent news, they said their operations are already profitable, even with limited dealerships and sales. Of course, despite all this, there is still a lot of scepticism around a new brand, but at least they have a plan that theoretically should work.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:30   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARnivore View Post
Hello everyone,
I am new to the community. I took delivery of my Tucson AWD two weeks back. While driving the vehicle , I noticed a constant faint bubbling/ popping noise arising most of the time from the front left door area (site n`ot very sure) especially while driving over undulating/ uneven surface at a very slow pace. This noise seems to disappear upon opening the left door slightly or opening/tilting the sunroof. I brought it to the notice of Hyundai service manager. Vehicle was taken to the service centre and apparently checked for all possible causes and returned back to me. Problem couldn't not be resolved. Service manager wanted to check other Tucson vehicles and get back to me. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed similar noise in their Tucson? Please let me know.

Hello there,

I too noticed the same today in my Tucson sound coming from front side left door when driving in uneven surface.Has the problem been sorted ? Please update me.

Thank you.

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 5th December 2022 at 21:31. Reason: correction ...
Old 6th December 2022, 13:14   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello Umairalvi,

Here is the picture of the Tucson sold in USA it comes with projectors setup. Hyundai might add this feature during the Tucson facelift.

Even if we order the headlights abroad and get it Hyundai won't assist with the installation or provide any support!

Attachment 2383325
Yes, I guess they will reserve the projectors for the facelift like they did with the previous gen car. The previous gen's first iteration came with Xenon projectors and the facelift was given the LED penta projectors which I must say, are a good set of headlights.
And yes, you are right. It is not feasible to procure them from outside without Hyundai providing installation support. Also, do have a look at the performance of the projectors provided in the models abroad before taking a call. If it's only marginally better, then no point going for it.

Last edited by umairalvi : 6th December 2022 at 13:23.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed