Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 19:24   #706
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
This sticker was on my car regarding service schedule. This should clear any confusion.
I had that sticker too and additionally a message sent to me. That is exactly what was later clarified by the service centre as a wrong communication. Reference below. It looks like Hyundai was expecting more complaints from Tucson initially and they set that free service schedule of 2 months. That might have changed due to less complaints. Or for some other reason they look to have changed it. That is why I took it in writing (on WhatsApp) to make sure that it doesn't become an issue later for warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1195.png  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1196.png  

Old 11th December 2022, 09:58   #707
BHPian

I have disabled the Auto Tailgate option since I felt it's not reqd. You can use the keys.
The mileage is showing 7-8 kmpl for me now and I have just covered 200 kms. Hoping it will improve after a while. Looking forward to my first long drive in a couple of weeks. So far so good. The biggest positives are
A. The powerful engine and the gear box - You don't feel lack of power anytime
B. Comfortable suspension. Very smooth and comfortable compared to my previous Sonet
C. Premium cabin and luxurious backseats.
D. Solid build. The doors and the bonnet are pretty heavy. It is a sturdy car. The Euro NCAP and the ANCAP results are pretty encouraging as well.
E. The 360 degree cameras. Very useful and excellent resolution and angles
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_20221125_182328_311.jpg  

Attached Images

shabeermohamed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 17:33   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
This sticker was on my car regarding service schedule. This should clear any confusion.
Hello Techgeek,

The service interval which you have shared is for the other Hyundai cars. For Tucson the service interval is 10,000 Kms or 12 months which ever is earlier. Attaching the service coupon for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-d719ba2a9bb1438ba45e865e88d10c57.jpeg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 17:50   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabeermohamed View Post
I have disabled the Auto Tailgate option since I felt it's not reqd. You can use the keys.
The mileage is showing 7-8 kmpl for me now and I have just covered 200 kms. Hoping it will improve after a while. Looking forward to my first long drive in a couple of weeks. So far so good. The biggest positives are
A. The powerful engine and the gear box - You don't feel lack of power anytime
B. Comfortable suspension. Very smooth and comfortable compared to my previous Sonet
C. Premium cabin and luxurious backseats.
D. Solid build. The doors and the bonnet are pretty heavy. It is a sturdy car. The Euro NCAP and the ANCAP results are pretty encouraging as well.
E. The 360 degree cameras. Very useful and excellent resolution and angles
Congratulations! You bought my car of the year
I love this SUV. Looks and feels amazing. And what an appealing design this car holds, fabulously packaged and presented.

Hope this gives your unlimited miles of happiness and tons of great memories.

Cheers,
Div
Old 12th December 2022, 08:04   #710
BHPian

Thanks Bro. Wish you too a great ownership and lots and lots of everlasting memories.
Old 13th December 2022, 23:37   #711
BHPian

Can we compare BYD 3 Atto with Tuscon?
Both are from completely different segments in terms of technology, but price wise they are very close. Size is similar.

Has anyone compared these two?
Would love to know about ride quality and other notable features.

Long term reliability and customer service of BYD isn’t known and Hyundai may have an edge on this aspect.
Highflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 09:54   #712
Team-BHP Support

Someone I know called me to ask between Creta, Seltos, Astor etc, since I was going near his place, I offered to discuss this over a cup of tea.

Now, this gent had a '18 Q5 35TDI Quattro Tech Pack (I hope I got the model right). Had to sell off due to bad roads / service center location etc. Got himself a Legender, but started missing a small car. Things went from Creta to Tucson pretty quickly. A TD vehicle was asked (showroom is right next) & a drive later, the gent was hooked, said, if badges don't exist, there is a difference, but not worth ~20L or whatever it is retaining for currently. Vehicle is booked. ETA isn't provided yet.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 13:23   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I bought same Tucson in June diesel AT top end and have same cribs like you. Love everything about Tucson except few things:
- Auto tailgate is such a pain that I don't know what to do about that.
- Rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own.
- Bass impact of music in rear seats is very less.

Anyone any suggestion on above three negatives?
Regarding the impact of music at the rear, I tried to move the fader in sound settings slightly to the rear, this has drastically improved the overall sound performance in the car and it doesn’t feel like the music is being played only in the front speakers.
Old 14th December 2022, 19:37   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen Tiguan

CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:11   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
Can we compare BYD 3 Atto with Tuscon?
Both are from completely different segments in terms of technology, but price wise they are very close. Size is similar.

Has anyone compared these two?
Would love to know about ride quality and other notable features.

Long term reliability and customer service of BYD isn’t known and Hyundai may have an edge on this aspect.
With No Road tax, BYD is actually alsmot 6 lacs cheaper in bangalore when compared to the Tucson. That said Tucson is still a bigger car and proper compariosn for BYD will be with Jeep Compass, both are almost same dimensions and almost similarly priced with Jeep Petrol top end, BYD though is a bit better packaged with ADAS while Jeep has Ventilated Seats and WIreless Android auto and also a bigger Instrument cluster.

On a lighter note Jeep Compass has established itself as one of the cars which definitely has niggles and Issues, we have to see how BYD fares.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:52   #716

There’s an issue with my vehicle, suddenly yesterday the speakers have stopped working. No sound whatsoever is coming from them, even the alert system sounds from ADAS or Parking sensors aren’t playing on the speakers, they have just gone dead. Has anyone faced this issue? Obviously will be contacting the service centre regarding this, but thought of understanding if there’s an underlying issue with the new Tucson Amplifier.
clifford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 14:35   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
That said Tucson is still a bigger car and proper compariosn for BYD will be with Jeep Compass, both are almost same dimensions and almost similarly priced with Jeep Petrol top end, BYD though is a bit better packaged with ADAS while Jeep has Ventilated Seats and WIreless Android auto and also a bigger Instrument cluster.
Byd is marginally smaller. Width is in fact a little more. Rest of the aspects are within a little margin.

Would love to know views of someone who has seen both and can shed some light on major features, driving dynamics etc etc.
Old 15th December 2022, 23:59   #718

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
There’s an issue with my vehicle, suddenly yesterday the speakers have stopped working. No sound whatsoever is coming from them, even the alert system sounds from ADAS or Parking sensors aren’t playing on the speakers, they have just gone dead. Has anyone faced this issue? Obviously will be contacting the service centre regarding this, but thought of understanding if there’s an underlying issue with the new Tucson Amplifier.
I had this issue. The temporary fix is to detach the negative line from the battery for a minute and reconnect it back. The permanent fix is to change the amp. Hyundai is replacing the amp for the people who have raised this concern. I got mine replaced.
samraat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 10:03   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
If this is happening all of a sudden, can be due to rat bite also.
madagascar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 16:39   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by samraat View Post
I had this issue. The temporary fix is to detach the negative line from the battery for a minute and reconnect it back. The permanent fix is to change the amp. Hyundai is replacing the amp for the people who have raised this concern. I got mine replaced.
Oh yes, I did go tot he service centre snd the issue got sorted, they disconnected and reconnected the amplifier and it started to work again. They did mention that, if it happens again they will process the replacement for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks