Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 22:19   #811
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
Considering that you are not going for the top model of the Tucson, might as well go for the VW Tiguan.
There's paddle shifters, heated seats and steering wheel, better headlights, and darker interiors which would be easier to maintain. You'll also be getting 4motion.
If fuel economy is not your mind top priority, then might as well go for the Tiguan/Tiguan exclusive.
My usage is >=15K kms/year which I think warrants a diesel car. Even otherwise Tiguan doesn't have remote start (especially the AC), nor ventilated seats which is a bane in Indian summers (especially for high value car).
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:46   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
My usage is >=15K kms/year which I think warrants a diesel car. Even otherwise Tiguan doesn't have remote start (especially the AC), nor ventilated seats which is a bane in Indian summers (especially for high value car).
Read your post about selling off your lemon and your dilemma to choose a replacement. I totally agree with the lack of options we have in the country, given that you've already ruled out almost all the options, given your yearly usage of ~15000kms, I feel you should reconsider Tucson CRDi, it's already RDE compliant. Honestly, Tiguan would be a compromise for you as it's available only in petrol, stiff ride, heated instead of ventilated seats, ASS experiences etc. Would've been a compelling option if offered in diesel!
You must've read my initial review (2022 Hyundai Tucson Review) on Tucson, but I'll summarize in terms of drivability - it's fast, refined diesel engine, you'll never feel that the engine is running out of steam, no typical diesel clatter, the cabin is silent, you might hear occasional thuds when the car goes through the potholes, but won't feel them in the cabin. It's comfortable, plush and a perfect long tourer under 50 lac budget. Everyone has a taste for the car design, but the looks of the new model has grown on me after a while.

Now, coming back to your question about the variant - if you're okay with the lack of ventilated seats and power tailgate, do go for Platinum. Based on my experience, ventilated seats are a boon in the scorching heat. But again, you can remote start the car using Bluelink and cool it down, and you're good to go!
Old 4th February 2023, 11:34   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 992TurboS View Post
Read your post about selling off your lemon and your dilemma to choose a replacement. I totally agree with the lack of options we have in the country, given that you've already ruled out almost all the options, given your yearly usage of ~15000kms, I feel you should reconsider Tucson CRDi, it's already RDE compliant. Honestly, Tiguan would be a compromise for you as it's available only in petrol, stiff ride, heated instead of ventilated seats, ASS experiences etc. Would've been a compelling option if offered in diesel!
You must've read my initial review (2022 Hyundai Tucson Review) on Tucson, but I'll summarize in terms of drivability - it's fast, refined diesel engine, you'll never feel that the engine is running out of steam, no typical diesel clatter, the cabin is silent, you might hear occasional thuds when the car goes through the potholes, but won't feel them in the cabin. It's comfortable, plush and a perfect long tourer under 50 lac budget. Everyone has a taste for the car design, but the looks of the new model has grown on me after a while.
Today I am doing the final round of price negotiation with the VW dealer here. Based on the difference in the price, I will take a call.
Old 4th February 2023, 11:44   #814

Quote:
My Tucson has been a victim of rat attack!

Possible Solutions(?): The service center has placed an order for the AdBlue line tube, hopefully that should solve the problem, the advisor mentioned that the part costs approx. Rs. 16,000 and may need up to two weeks to arrive.
"Check Urea System" message popped up every time.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1037.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1269.jpeg
It was frustrating for not being able to drive the car for almost a month. One of the biggest drawbacks of CKD cars is the availability of parts. After quite a delay, the "Urea Heating Tube" arrived after three weeks, granted that it's not a regular wear and tear part and lasts during the car's entire lifetime. I was told not to crank the engine until the parts arrived. Made sure all the cars have rat repellent applied to the entire engine bay. The car was tethered to a trickle charger for few days, preventing it to run out of battery power. After I get a call that the parts have arrived, I immediately called RSA and a flatbed arrived at my doorstep within 40 minutes! Very quick I must say.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1266.jpg

ASS evaluated if there are any other issues and they started working on the car, noticed that the tube had couplers, they quickly swapped it with the replacement part and ran the diagnostics.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1307.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1282.jpg

ASS ran the diagnostics and the error went away. Test drove for ~50km and the car was back to normal. They were prompt and fixed the issue in no time, only had to follow up about the part availability a few times. Touch wood, everything is working fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
There is a Hydraulic Hose protection wrap available in the market. 2 types - HDPE and Metal sleeve. Both protect well.
I thank you once again for your suggestion, I'm considering getting it done for all the cars to prevent rodent issues asap!
992TurboS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 21:58   #815
BHPian

Quote:
I thank you once again for your suggestion, I'm considering getting it done for all the cars to prevent rodent issues asap!
Good to read your car is back on road. In addition to protecting, couple other things which worked for me- 1. Make sure the place where you park is well lit. Especially ground around the car with good light.
2. Put some small tobacco bags in the bonnet and in the parking area. Nice and rat hate it.

I am also looking at a floor fixed electric fence around the car.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:29   #816
BHPian

Quote:
It was frustrating for not being able to drive the car for almost a month. One of the biggest drawbacks of CKD cars is the availability of parts. After quite a delay, the "Urea Heating Tube" arrived after three weeks, granted that it's not a regular wear and tear part and lasts during the car's entire lifetime.
Happy to know that the issue got fixed finally. But that is the caveat too, right? The part might last for entire car's lifetime - but such own damage (insurance own damage category I mean) incidents make it not so rare a part to fail. More than a month is worrying - despite Hyundai backing.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 17:19   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Good to read your car is back on road. In addition to protecting, couple other things which worked for me- 1. Make sure the place where you park is well lit. Especially ground around the car with good light.
2. Put some small tobacco bags in the bonnet and in the parking area. Nice and rat hate it.

I am also looking at a floor fixed electric fence around the car.
Thank you! Fumigation around the parking and my house was duly performed and did not notice any rat nuisance since then. I've read about tobacco packets too, but found it risky to keep them in the bonnet, maybe putting them near the car might help, will update once I get to install the hose protection wraps. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Happy to know that the issue got fixed finally. But that is the caveat too, right? The part might last for entire car's lifetime - but such own damage (insurance own damage category I mean) incidents make it not so rare a part to fail. More than a month is worrying - despite Hyundai backing.
Thank you! Of course, I was mentally prepared that it may take a while. The parts arrived during 2nd week of January in India, and the shipment was delayed due to Pongal festival in TN by 4-5 days. It was mentioned that the part would arrive within 2 weeks in MH, a little earlier if it's just a regular wear / tear part. The urea heating tube is a part of SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction), applicable for cars with diesel engines, designed to provide heating for AdBlue supply tubes in freezing temperatures. These parts are built to last the entire lifetime of the car. Tucson NX4 diesel is available only in select countries, making it a little more difficult to get them timely. Unfortunately, the rodent targeted the very specific part. So yes, it was wishful thinking that it was just a regular wear / tear part and it would arrive within two weeks. That's a compromise I was / am willing to make for a CKD unit.
992TurboS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 15:23   #818
BHPian

Every month I receive an email from Hyundai Motor India Limited which intends to give me a health report of my vehicle. Instead, it confuses me quite a bit. I have emailed HMIL, reached out on Twitter but have not received any response over the last two months. Maybe they don't care or themselves don't know.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-hyundaiemailmonthly.jpg
Referring to the image above, I read it as "Engine oil and filter is due to be replaced at 0 km, previous replacement was at 0 km and the replacement cycle is 0 km." How does anyone interpret that? How does a global company hire people who send such emails to customers every month and then don't fix it?

Is everyone receiving such an email?
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 19:21   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Every month I receive an email from Hyundai Motor India Limited which intends to give me a health report of my vehicle. Instead, it confuses me quite a bit. I have emailed HMIL, reached out on Twitter but have not received any response over the last two months. Maybe they don't care or themselves don't know.

Attachment 2415891
Referring to the image above, I read it as "Engine oil and filter is due to be replaced at 0 km, previous replacement was at 0 km and the replacement cycle is 0 km." How does anyone interpret that? How does a global company hire people who send such emails to customers every month and then don't fix it?

I dont get it. But, I suspect it is because of the settings in "Maintenance Alerts" in your Bluelink application. Could you please check the values there?
Old 8th February 2023, 01:10   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Yes, I too received it for my Alcazar with oil change cycle as 0 KM. Looks like a bug which needs to be fixed by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I dont get it. But, I suspect it is because of the settings in "Maintenance Alerts" in your Bluelink application. Could you please check the values there?
I checked my values in Bluelink app, and there it shows correctly as 10K KMs or 12 months for oil change.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 18:09   #821

I had done the booking through Click To Buy portal. I need to cancel the booking. Can someone please let me know if the cancellation process on Click To Buy is seamless with respect to the refund of booking amount. Or should I get it cancelled and refunded by the dealership ?

Last edited by shettarshashank : 9th February 2023 at 18:27. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11th February 2023, 23:34   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shettarshashank View Post
I had done the booking through Click To Buy portal. I need to cancel the booking. Can someone please let me know if the cancellation process on Click To Buy is seamless with respect to the refund of booking amount. Or should I get it cancelled and refunded by the dealership ?
When you book through Click To Buy, you have to choose a dealer. For cancellation of your booking, you have to contact that dealer.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 11:19   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Tucson has been a victim of rat attack!
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hope you are using insurance to cover the expenses. This might of use to you though it might be a pain to remove it and place it back. Also get the underbody sprayed with rat repellant like Autoguard (Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)). You could ask the service centre to spray the repellant or go directly to Autoguard consdering you are in Mumbai. A can costs rs 1950 and is quite effective.

If possible have the service centre cover the hose with a wire mesh. But rats attack a single mesh to as well in my experience so it needs to be a double mesh and secured properly. One more thing which works for me is water mixed with the common dettol antiseptic, only it is effective for a few 2-3 days and needs to replenished. Also it should not be sprayed on any of the engine components. I pour some over the plastic engine guard at the bottom which keeps it clean and free from rats.

If all fails please get pest control done and they will get rid of the rats. If you want to do it yourself "Roban" poison cake smeared with "Ratol" posion paste is highly effective combination and I have seen rats die within two days of consuming same. Make sure it is not kept anywhere near pets and please wear gloves and mask as the fumes of the "Ratol" paste are not really good to inhale. The paste should also not be touched by hand without gloves. This should be your last resort.

Good luck.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th February 2023 at 11:20.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 11:46   #824
BHPian

Quote:

Need a really good solutions to protect my other cars from rodent attacks
My 2 previous cars have been victims of rodent attack too. And the only thing that has ever worked for me is to start and move the car every single day or at the maximum, with a day of gap.

Tobacco leaves, Anti Rodent Spray - nothing deterred the large rats of my locality. And I didn't want to try the mesh.
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 13:38   #825

Quote:
Made sure all the cars have rat repellent applied to the entire engine bay.
Have noticed recently, a lot many new car users installing a device under their bonnets next to the battery. Seems to help and completely no nuisance installation.

https://carcat.in/?gclid=CjwKCAiAuaK...xoC31cQAvD_BwE

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th February 2023 at 14:19. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.

Most Viewed