Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 16:10   #826
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Spare wheel is a 17-inch space saver shod with a T135/90 D17 tyre:
A question since the spare wheel is a "space saver". If there is enough space for the full size wheel then the lower specifications of spare wheel are to cut cost and not to save space.
If the full size wheel does not fit into the trunk due to less space then there is a different problem. Anyone tried fitting the full size wheel in the trunk for a diesel car?
Old 13th February 2023, 20:07   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
A question since the spare wheel is a "space saver". If there is enough space for the full size wheel then the lower specifications of spare wheel are to cut cost and not to save space.
If the full size wheel does not fit into the trunk due to less space then there is a different problem. Anyone tried fitting the full size wheel in the trunk for a diesel car?
For diesel, there’s ad-blue (urea) tank to meet BS6 norms and takes additional space, hence the space saver spare wheel. Don’t think it’s a cost cut.
Old 13th February 2023, 22:41   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shettarshashank View Post
I had done the booking through Click To Buy portal. I need to cancel the booking. Can someone please let me know if the cancellation process on Click To Buy is seamless with respect to the refund of booking amount. Or should I get it cancelled and refunded by the dealership ?
The cancellation through ClickToBuy works - I had got my refund in 6 days (a few days back). After cancelling, I had Whatsapp-ed the same to the SA who was dealing my booking. It was a smooth experience.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 23:04   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
The cancellation through ClickToBuy works - I had got my refund in 6 days (a few days back). After cancelling, I had Whatsapp-ed the same to the SA who was dealing my booking. It was a smooth experience.
Thanks for the info.
Old 14th February 2023, 10:39   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
For diesel, there’s ad-blue (urea) tank to meet BS6 norms and takes additional space, hence the space saver spare wheel. Don’t think it’s a cost cut.
That would mean we will be in a difficult position with a flat tyre and a boot full of luggage.

Additional question related to the image attached here.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-hyundaihasstrangeimage.jpg

I see this strange image on the car's display screen when I connect Bluetooth from my phone. I get this image often (not always) especially when internet bandwidth is poor and the album cover cant be downloaded for display. It also shows when listening to the Radio on the SoundHound window sometimes for brief period while the car downloads the image associated with the audio. I checked with the KUN Hyundai SA who as I had expected did not know anything about it, and met my expectations of ignorance. He claimed this image to be coming from my phone. I don't believe that because I got the same image when using two different phones, and this picture does not exist on my phone. Also, this thread reports the same image on the screen of a Hyundai Santa Cruz outside of India, reported in Nov 2021. https://www.santacruzforums.com/thre...-display.8698/

Anyone else seeing this strange image as well, or do you know how to change it to something pleasant?
Old 14th February 2023, 11:10   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Anyone else seeing this strange image as well, or do you know how to change it to something pleasant?
Yes. I see the same image. It is definately not from phone. Random images come when I start audio from Android phone via Bluetooth. When connection is through Android auto then album art appears.
rutvij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:20   #832

If you have performed the software update released on 3rd Jan, there is a note related to changing the sound effect with a Quick Menu Button in all music modes. I cannot see that option in my head unit after this update. Are you able to see that in your Tucson? Note: I got my Amp changed before this update due to the sound system's low bass and random complete silence.
Old 15th February 2023, 17:12   #833
BHPian

I was pretty much decided on buying a Fortuner, till the Tucson came along. Now I am torn between the two models. My query to fellow BHPians - Is there any terrain where the Fortuner can go, but the Tucson won't. I am comparing the 4WD/AWD versions.

Thanks in advance for your views
Old 15th February 2023, 22:14   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I noticed the TPM unit was complaining that the tyre pressure was low. It was showing 31Psi on all the tyres. I got a bit concerned. Filled up air in a petrol bunk up to 35 Psi in all the tyres. But the warning didn't go away. My son referred to the service manual and confirmed that this was not a TPM malfunction.

Fact is when you drive from very cold condition TMP does show this warning. The previous night was very cold in Bengaluru and we started early. So that warning popped up. It lasted till we rode for about 50+ Km and stopped for breakfast on Hassan highway. Once the engine was restarted, the message went away.
Certain things I follow:
  • I always adjust the PSI according to temperature based on how I think the tyre behaves at room temperature. If temperature is less, I try to lower the PSI and increase the PSI if temperature is way higher.
  • I always fill air during morning before starting the vehicle - I have a twin cylinder inflator that I connect directly to battery using allegator clips.
  • I always measure using a digital/analog pressure meter and correlate it with TPMS.

I don't own a Tucson. I have a Tata Hexa with Sensairy TPMS from Tymtix. It allows me to set lower and higher limits for PSI and Temperature. Please check if it is available in your Tucson and set some limits that aren't OK to be breached according to the conditions you drive around in general.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 23:22   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
Out of curiosity, if there isn't enough space, where does one put the regular sized wheel in the event of a puncture and need to use the spare wheel? I hope it is not supposed to be accommodated in the main boot area with other luggage which could already be present there.
Old 16th February 2023, 03:34   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1108 View Post
I was pretty much decided on buying a Fortuner, till the Tucson came along. Now I am torn between the two models. My query to fellow BHPians - Is there any terrain where the Fortuner can go, but the Tucson won't. I am comparing the 4WD/AWD versions.

These two choices (Fortuner and Tucson) are inherently designed and built for two different purposes.

If your drive will mostly be on non-existent roads and you are fond on off roading, Fortuner is the one. Please note however, that just because you have a Fortuner does not mean that you are good for any off-road track. Please review the track you are going on and what precautions you need to factor. For eg: even a Fortuner with its strong 4WD and stock tyres will struggle on a path that demands proper off road tyres (to maintain grip). Based on actual path, you may need to factor in any suspension adjustments too.

If your drive will mostly be on well paved roads with occasional venture into icy/sandy paths, AWDs (likes of Tucson, Kodiaq, Tiguan, X*, Q*) are the best option. These provide bells and whistels (as far as you can stretch) while giving you an option of getting out of sticky patches of road. These vehicles are NOT designed for off-roads (no matter what advertisements say).

I have seen more than enough people denting their pockets (and sometime ego) by mixing the two different breeds (4WDs v/s AWDs).

So, yes there are definitely terrains that Fortuner can go (with correct planning and rubbers), but not Tucson. However, there are also luxuries and comfort that Tucson can offer which Fortuner won't. So, you can hopefully now decide what is more important for you.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 07:44   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford View Post
Have noticed recently, a lot many new car users installing a device under their bonnets next to the battery. Seems to help and completely no nuisance installation.

https://carcat.in/?gclid=CjwKCAiAuaK...xoC31cQAvD_BwE
US repellents don’t work. It is only a temporary effect. Rats and mice become used to it.

https://www.forbes.com/home-improvem...epellers-work/
Old 16th February 2023, 09:51   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1108 View Post

Another fellow member has already commented about the product comparison between the two. One other dimension I would like to add is the service cost and maintainability. Toyota service and ease of parts availability is outstanding. Tucson being a CKD, will face minimum of 3-4 weeks for parts to be imported from South Korea. The service charges are very expensive too. So if you are ok for those rare occasions during when the vehicle will sit idle at your parking lot or workshop, go ahead for Tucson - it is an outstanding vehicle. And of course, I don't need to mention about the resale market - Fortuner might sell like a hot cake with 80-90% of the original purchase cost if you do a sale in 3-4 years.
Old 19th February 2023, 09:31   #839
BHPian

Mods - now that Hyundai Tucson 2022 is 6 months old and we have enough number of owners, I think we should have a dedicated "Hyundai Tucson 2022 users" thread. Could you help?
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 10:04   #840
BHPian

Hi All, i am about to take delivery for my Tuscon. Anyone see any negative, feel free to comment. Any issues/niggles discovered by any owner so far other then ADAS related unnecessary breaks and warnings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks