Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 11:14   #841
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
Hi All, i am about to take delivery for my Tuscon. Anyone see any negative, feel free to comment. Any issues/niggles discovered by any owner so far other then ADAS related unnecessary breaks and warnings?
ADAS warnings have greatly reduced for me. The car and I have found a way to live in harmony. Be patient with ADAS for a couple of months, after which you will find it useful.
shailendrakr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 22:33   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinder View Post
Out of curiosity, if there isn't enough space, where does one put the regular sized wheel in the event of a puncture and need to use the spare wheel? I hope it is not supposed to be accommodated in the main boot area with other luggage which could already be present there.
This is an issue with every car that has only a space saver spare. If in case you need to use the spare, the punctured tyre mostly will not fit beneath the boot floor and will need to go in the boot.

However, this is still better than some newer cars like the C class etc, where even the spare tyre sits in the boot all the time, eating up the already small boot space.

That said, however, unless one drives to remote areas or is on the highway often, a tyre inflator can temporarily take care of small punctures till you can find a repair guy. It’s a worthy investment. In my twelve years and two lac kms of driving in Kerala and Mumbai, I’ve never really had to use the spare.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 08:01   #843
BHPian

Any Tuscon owner did PPF coating on their car? any recommendation on dealers in bangalore? generic question, is the PPF even worth? showroom is quoting me 1.5 L for same !!
Old 21st February 2023, 10:20   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Any Tuscon owner did PPF coating on their car? any recommendation on dealers in bangalore? generic question, is the PPF even worth? showroom is quoting me 1.5 L for same !!
If you have not seen this already, then go through https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...lm-ppf-34.html (Paint Protection Film (PPF))
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:37   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I did PPF for my Tucson at Coatz99 run by Sagar at Malleshwaram. Awesome job and very professional. He used Stek PPF with 10 year guarantee.

Regards, Murali
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 18:27   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
I did PPF for my Tucson at Coatz99 run by Sagar at Malleshwaram. Awesome job and very professional. He used Stek PPF with 10 year guarantee.
If you don’t mind sharing, what was the price for the job?
Old 21st February 2023, 18:42   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revving-prabhu View Post
If you don’t mind sharing, what was the price for the job?
Hi, I could not find your contact details for sharing the contact. Can you help share the same. Not sure if you can view the email id of mine in my profile.
Old 22nd February 2023, 15:31   #848
BHPian

I am happy to share that I have taken delivery of Tucson Diesel Signature – Amazon Grey. Initially I had booked Platinum trim level. However, waiting period was killing me and this opportunity came up. Colour was of my choice and so I took the plunge and brought home this beauty in highest trim level.

In last 15 days I had driven about 400 kms in Tucson. I haven’t got an opportunity to take it to Highways and till now all my drives have been in city conditions. My earlier regular drive was Octavia Diesel DSG. We also have Fortuner in my garage. Coming from this background, here are my initial observations:

Engine – Transmission:
  • Powerful is the word that comes immediately to my mind when I think about Tucson’s engine. At the same time, it is very silent. You hardly hear any harsh sound or feel any vibrations from engine. It is butter smooth. Compared to my Octavia, it is more silent and has less (no) vibrations. I have not been able to take it out in highways, but in the city conditions power is phenomenal. In fact, one has to be cautious while accelerating as one will immediately run out of open space. Coming from Octavia, no complains here.
  • Transmission is very smooth. You hardly feel any shifts. Shifts feel very predictable. I have not driven it aggressively or on highways so I have not experienced how kick down happens under hard acceleration. In various cars owned by me I would rate Octavia’s DSG transmission as No 1 and Tucson will come very close after that.
  • When I was searching for a new car to replace Octavia, it was a tough task purely because Engine – Transmission combo in Octavia that I had. It was deadly and I thought that it will be very difficult to beat this combination. I am very happy with what Tucson is offering.

Interiors:
  • Wow is the first word that will come to mind after entering the car first time. Quality is really top notch. All touch points are soft and feel premium.
  • Car is very spacious. It can easily seat 5 people. Rear space is perhaps better than my Octavia.
  • Boot is huge and of good usable shape. It can easily do airport runs. Retractable parcel tray adds to the convenience.
  • Seats and central console is very light. It can easily get soiled. I have already ordered Sonax Interior Cleaner. I can foresee tough times ahead for maintaining clean seats.
  • Though it offers ambient lighting, it is limited to Central Console only. I wish they had included them in doors, footwells and upper part of front console also.

Infotainment and Instrument Cluster:
  • I am getting used to various features in Infotainment system. Some adjustments can be done via BlueLink app also.
  • I haven’t tried in built navigation system. But it looks very responsive. It buzzes a lot, but gradually after several attempts of changing settings, I have come to a situation where it does not buzz anymore!
  • I do not like some of the graphics / layout of the Infotainment System. Layout / Graphics shown when Radio is being played is very gimmicky. I do not like it. I don’t think I can change that. I hope Hyundai comes up with an update to change that.
  • Android Auto works fine. In fact this is first car in my garage where I am using Android Auto. (Android Auto in my dad’s Jazz is pathetic) It also shows Pulser Music App from where I play my music. It also allows me to change playlist from the screen itself. Very useful. Other cars half of Tucson’s price come with wireless Android Auto and I can visualize how convenient that would be. At this price point, I wish they had offered Wireless Android Auto.
  • Speaker setup is very good. Initially I was not very happy with the whole setup. I was comparing it with my Octavia and I thought that Tucson was not upto the mark. All changed one late night when I was out with my son where we explored various settings. We also removed plastics pasted across all 4 speakers. After that the whole experience changed. Now I can safely say that I am happy with music quality of Tucson.
  • When connected via Bluetooth, music quality is equally good. Every time something is played via Bluetooth, a random image comes up on the infotainment screen. This image gets changed with change in a song.
  • I haven’t tried connecting a Pen Drive and playing music from it. But I guess, that would also be good.
  • Instrument Cluster is digital and offers good information. I have got used to the interface and do not have any problem in accessing the information. Drive Modes changes the layout of instrument cluster and you can change your default layout also.

ADAS:
  • Initially I had booked Platinum variant. Apart from higher cost of Signature Variant, other factor that influenced my decision was the fact that ADAS was not well received by users in India. And Platinum trim level did not come with ADAS.
  • In fact, one of the car in which I took test drive was damaged from rear. On inquiry, I came to know that this happened because the car suddenly braked and someone hit it from behind.
  • After using it in city, I can certainly relate to it. I had one incident when the car braked suddenly because some moron was coming from wrong side. The way the whole auto braking happened shocked me. I was in complete control of the situation before that and there was enough space available for that moron to easily pass my car without any incident. But the car suddenly decided to brake. Luckily no one was coming from behind and no damage was done.
  • After that incident I have started disabling Auto Emergency Braking to Warning Only. But one has to do it every time you restart the car. This is becoming very inconvenient.
  • I called up the Service Guy at ASS to share my experience and request him to find a way to save the setting to Warning Only permanently. He shared with me similar incidences faced by other customers. He also informed me that at present there is no way that this setting can be changed permanently and I have to change it every time I drive it.
  • This has become an irritant for me purely because of the inconvenience that I have to face every time when I drive, in disabling Auto Emergency Braking. I am sure this feature will be very useful on Highways. I hope Hyundai is listening and comes out with an update to allow users to save desired settings permanently.
  • Apart from Front Collusion, there are other warnings and active assistances also. I have shifted all of them to Warning Only mode.
  • Warning Only Mode is not possible for Auto Emergency Braking and Rear Cross Traffic Collusion Assistance. By default, it is on and you have to disable it every time you drive it.
  • Initially while driving, every now and then some beeps were coming up. It took me some time to realize the purpose of each beeps. Over a period of time, I have reached a situation where I have silenced them or lowered the beep sounds of all as they felt very distracting.

Random:
  • You can find plastics pasted to various surfaces and places in interior as well as exterior. It is hell of a job to remove plastics from all these places. It also suggests the level of care and caution that Hyundai is exercising while building this car.
  • One irritating thing that is happening is that every time I come near to car with key in my pocket, rear view mirror opens up. I have not been able to find a setting to disable it.
  • I have disabled Welcome feature in seats where driver’s seat goes back every time you enter the car.
  • I am yet to get accessory items that were purchased from the dealer.

Here is a picture of the car taken before delivery when it had gone for washing.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pxl_20230206_085642523.mp.jpg

Parked in my garage.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pxl_20230208_043218777.jpg
rutvij is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:12   #849

Still looking for a quick review for the Tucson petrol. How’s the drive experience has been after owning it for sometime, the expected mileage.
I’m about to get my delivery for Signature petrol. Help a brother out?
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:32   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Hi, I could not find your contact details for sharing the contact. Can you help share the same. Not sure if you can view the email id of mine in my profile.
Yeah even I cannot see your contact details in your profile. You can send the details at p.kumar 999 at gmail dot com. (Remove spaces please). Thank you!
Old 3rd March 2023, 02:09   #851

Hi! Did anyone find 3D floor mats/accessories for their Tucson? Thinking if I should take the ones Hyundai is giving for ~5500/-
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:44   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Hi! Did anyone find 3D floor mats/accessories for their Tucson? Thinking if I should take the ones Hyundai is giving for ~5500/-
I have bought 3 accessories with my car. All Hyundai genuine accessories bought from dealership. 1st one is carpet mats. They are very thick and of premium quality. Downside is that they attract dust and are hard to clean. I had inquired about availability of any other option but was informed that as of now they are there only ones available from Hyundai. 2nd accessory is sunvisors. They are magnatic and fits well on 4 doors. They will be very useful in summer heat. I am happy with it. Last accessory is boot mat. They are of same quality as carpet mats for footwell.

I haven't inquired for accessories from after market shops.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 19:07   #853
BHPian

Finally after a lot of confusion, contemplation, minimalist options available, upcoming (next 6 months) launches, and of course the availability (delivery timelines), I am happy to announce that I have taken the delivery of my Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature AT.

While the Tiguan was immediately available for delivery, the Tucson was made available immediately by a different dealer (even though I booked with a different dealer and delivery was scheduled in July/Aug). My exact choice of the same White 2WD Diesel top variant was available as it was allocated to another customer and it was cancelled the last minute. What an ecstatic moment when everything falls in place.

Of course, the final contest between Tiguan and Tucson was voted in favour of Tucson for the following reasons
1. DSG vs TC - In terms of reliability (especially in Indian conditions), it is TC any day over a DSG. Also the ASS experience of VW is always a hit or miss. Coming from bad experience, I don't want to take another chance, especially at this price point (as I already had to stretch way beyond my budget for either).
2. The 7 speed DQ381 is definitely better to drive than the 8 speed TC. However, the 8 speed TC is not far behind. Again while the Tiguan is the bench mark in the driving dynamics, Tucson did not disappoint me. In fact, the Tucson went one step ahead and surprised me during the TD.
3. Consider my usage of at least 15K kms per year, a diesel made more sense. And the tons of NM at low rpm in the diesel is definitely mind-blowing coming from a Harrier. While I also think this is last leg of diesel - so better get the best.
4. Tiguan is no more available (Similar to Octavia & Superb). And I can sense the urge of VW and the dealer to clear the last stock available (all are 2022 models). As per the dealer, the Tiguan MAY be relaunched during the festival season (August-Sept). So I don't want to buy a car that is already discontinued (even if it is temporary) with no horizon for the next launch.
5. As mentioned in my TD review, Tiguan's ride is too hard for Indian conditions.

Regarding Tucson's look, even though I did not like initially (even now I am not fully satisfied), it is definitely growing on me much faster than I expected. Regarding the full review of Tucson, I will shortly share it in a separate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-0d20112274a84be0a6a7779c5468e74b.jpg  

Livnletcarsliv is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 12:45   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Finally after a lot of confusion, contemplation, minimalist options available, upcoming (next 6 months) launches, and of course the availability (delivery timelines), I am happy to announce that I have taken the delivery of my Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature AT.
Congratulations and welcome to the Tucson club!

Even I had zeroed on Octavia, Tiguan and Tucson to replace my 3rd gen Octavia. Family didn't want another sedan so 4th gen Octavia was ruled out. Coming from Octavia, Tiguan didn't felt like an upgrade. Interior felt very similar to my Octavia. Tucson felt like it belonged to a different league altogether.

So Tucson was the natural choice. As you rightly said it may be the last generation of diesel cars with gem of an engine that we can buy before moving into hybrids and EVs.
rutvij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 14:33   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post

So Tucson was the natural choice. As you rightly said it may be the last generation of diesel cars with gem of an engine that we can buy before moving into hybrids and EVs.
How do you rate interiors and ride comfort of Tucson to Octavia? I hear good things about Octavia. Only catch is ASS of Škoda, which is nowhere compared to Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks