Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 10:45   #871
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Well I have also booked the 2WD Signature Diesel yesterday. Delivery is expected in 10 days which will be during Navratras
Old 14th March 2023, 10:03   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Hi Everyone,

So I have also joined the Tucson club, signature diesel 4WD
Hi Mountainman, congrats on your choice and what a location to get the delivery of Tucson 4WD...so, apt for the car and your profile name.

Wishing you a great ownership and looking forward to read your experiences.

Regards, Murali
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 13:30   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Hi Mountainman, congrats on your choice and what a location to get the delivery of Tucson 4WD...so, apt for the car and your profile name.

Wishing you a great ownership and looking forward to read your experiences.

Regards, Murali
Thanks a lot Murali, advantages of being from mountains

In Himachal only two dealerships are authorized for selling Tucson one in Shimla and one in Solan, getting backdrop of mountains was inevitable.
Old 17th March 2023, 09:18   #874
BHPian

I am penning down a short review as I did a 450 KM road trip from Himachal to Gurgaon yesterday.

1) Gearbox and steering: Coming from Seltos GT line, the transition was fairly smooth. I found the steering to be fairly reliable in bends at a speed of 50-60 KMPH. For its size the body role was very well contained. Gearbox is simply excellent. Honestly, I could not differentiate between this and dual clutch gearboxes. Having 8 speeds also resulted in good fuel economy of 17 KM/ L. Which is not bad for first 1000 KMs

2) Suspension: Suspension absorbs much better than Seltos and stable at high speeds. Himachal to Gurgaon has very good roads so may be I need to do more testing of this.

3) ADAS: I think this feature will make me a better and safe driver. Initially I kept it on warning mode only but then decided to use it actively on highways and it performed perfectly (or rather I say as expected). Active cruise control and lane assist are a boon. I look forward to exploring this in various situations.

I did not get a chance to click pictures during travel but few more pictures of me taking delivery

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pic-1.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pic-2.jpg
Mountainman21 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:02   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I bought the floor mats from the below website.
https://www.hotcarshop.in/productdet...)&_pc=PROD5730
It was delivered promptly and fits Tucson well. This version costs 6900.
How was the fitting of the mats and how much time did they take to deliver after you ordered. The site says 5-7 days manufacturing and 3-6 days delivery.
If possible can you post pics of the mats and how well they look with the interior.
Thanks in Advance
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:05   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
How was the fitting of the mats and how much time did they take to deliver after you ordered. The site says 5-7 days manufacturing and 3-6 days delivery.
If possible can you post pics of the mats and how well they look with the interior.
Thanks in Advance
Quality of the mats is good. Fitting I would say is 95% accurate, and will improve more with time, once the mats starts to fit, in daily use. I stay in Delhi, and the mats were delivered to me in 3 days. The delivery guy came from noida.
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:28   #877
BHPian

Just sharing my experience with the my new Tucson Signature AWD Disel. I have been using Renault Captur earlier, and I am still keeping that. Having taken delivery on late Feb 2023, I had driven about 2749 km till date, which includes two long drives: a) Chennai to Kovilpatti - about 1200 kms up and down – for the most part, my son was driving; and b) Chennai to Thane via Bangalore - about 1350 KMs with me at the wheel for the entire stretch (with a overnight halt near Hubli) with my wife as a passenger.

As many of you had already covered the good and bad about Tucson, I am focusing on few specific things here.

Delivery Experience:

I had started following Tucson from late 2021 itself and started liking it more and more as I see the review of the international models of it and was eagerly waiting for its launch in India. I didn’t looked at any other cars at all and have made up my mind to go in for Tucson when it is launched in India. So, I booked for Black Tucson Signature AWD when the booking opened in July 2022, hoping that I will get my hands on to Tucson sometime around October but for whatever reason, could only get delivery in Feb 2023. May be the delay is due to my choice of colour, which was black. Of course, the dealer in between checked with me if I am OK with white colour, but it was a strict no from my side.

The dealer delivered the car with floor mats (free) and also promised to provide a Car Care Kit along with a Vacuum cleaner, but haven’t got it till date.

Driving Experience:
  1. Collision Avoidance. I find this as a more helpful feature. Of course, I had experienced it doing its job on multiple occasions: few times while backing up and on few occasions while on the slow-moving city traffic (in Pune). Have experienced the warning on numerous occasions. To me, except on one occasion, when I thought I am in control to avoid a collision, the car applied the brakes. But, realized that its judgement was better than mine on that occasion. On the point some one hitting from behind in such situations, it would have happened any ways if the ADAS had not applied brakes, i.e. I would have hit the car in front than some one dashing on me from behind. So, according to me, this only will make me a better driver.
  2. On the Lane Keep Assist – I loved it the most. Here again, this feature will certainly make me a better driver, as it resists in allowing me switching lanes without me using the turn indicators.
  3. BlueLink Maps – Though Hyundai claims that its navigation system is far better than Google’s I find it lagging behind so much. It didn’t even recognize few stretch of roads in Hiranandhani Maedows in Thane. It’s re-routing logic is also not up to my liking. The ETA calculated by Bluelink is grossly incorrect, whereas Google Maps is near accurate.
  4. Android Auto – It is a bit of inconvenience that I have to use a cable connection to use it. More so, it doesn’t work with many data cables and I figured out that you need to buy a cable that suits USB 2.0. Would like to hear from others on this. Also, when you connect through cable, you don’t have a proper place to keep the mobile, as if you keep it in its wireless charging spot, the phone overheats and in my case after few hours, Android had notified me that it had closed all running applications due to overheating. Then I kept the phone in the cup holder and then the heating issue is gone. Not sure, if there is an option to turn-off wireless charging, so that the phone can be kept on the charging pad while connected with USB cable. Need to explore the settings.
  5. I find BlueLink on the mobile is useful especially for remote locking. My Captur will lock itself as I park the car and go away from the car. But, Tucson is not doing that automatically and one has to explicitly lock it (May be there is some settings, which I am yet to explore). This is where I find bluelink useful, as it notifies me that the car is not locked, so that I can lock it remotely.

Others:

When we took off to Kovilpatti after few days of delivery, noticed that the instrument cluster was alerting about some faults and found that the rear right tyre pressure was too low - at around 12. To my surprise, all other tyres were showing about 46 ps while the recommended tyre pressure is 35. May be the dealer while delivering the car had over-inflated. Back on the warning of low pressure, we took a chance of just inflated the tyre in trouble (and also deflated the other tyres to 35 ps) at the next petrol pump and were monitoring the pressure on the instrument cluster continuously. While it was all fine for about 200 kms, it suddenly was flat. Except for the weird road noise, we could not feel the car drifting or any other symptom. Immediately we stopped the car at a safe place, changed the tyre with the spare wheel. The spare wheel just looks like a motorcycle tyre. Fortunately we could find a puncture shop within about 2 kms.

My son was of the view that the suspension seems to be softer than Captur, which I could not feel. But later I could see that when you hit on even small bumps, I could hear the loud noise of the suspension fully going down and hitting its limit. Whereas, I had never experienced this in Captur before.

As I drive more and more, started liking and got used to the various warning tones and without looking at the cluster, I would know what the warning is for. Good that Hyundai used a different tone for different actions / warnings.

My wife observed that the A/c is not up to the mark for the passengers at the back row. Unlike many other cars, there is no way to control the fan speed for the back seat passengers. Not sure, if there is some setting / option somewhere that I am yet to know.

Just about the Mumbai Trip, I basically work in Thane and used to do atleast couple of road trips to Chennai every year. While driving to Chennai, we stop-over at Chitradurga (Hotel Ojas by Ideal Yatri Niwas) and on the return, we stop-over at Varur(Hotel the Cult), a place near Hubli.
goldsun is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 15:42   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
[list=1][*]Collision Avoidance.when I thought I am in control to avoid a collision, the car applied the brakes. But, realized that its judgement was better than mine on that occasion. On the point some one hitting from behind in such situations, it would have happened any ways if the ADAS had not applied brakes, i.e. I would have hit the car in front than some one dashing on me from behind. So, according to me, this only will make me a better driver.
I happened to interact with a traffic police and had interesting police view on this. He was enquiring about how Adas works and asked me to show it. After seeing it in action, he said one thing. “In India, this car will not allow you to collide but someone can still hit you from behind. So it will prevent you from being an accused in an accident but you could still end up being a victim”. We both laughed

To the forum friends:- has anyone managed to buy a cargo (boot) liner or mat?
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 18:00   #879
BHPian

Completing about 1550 kms in exactly 1 month in my Diesel 2WD Signature AT, the following 3 are my initial negative observations.

1. Drivers seating position - I am still trying to find a permanent seating position for the drivers seat. I feel the seat scooping in a little bit more than required. And the headrest is slightly protruding which makes the seat like a bow frame (without the string). This leads to a bit more stress on the neck. I am 6ft and still trying to find the right position. Anyone else facing the same challenge? What is the solution?
2. The passenger seating position - Only the headrest challenge similar to the driver seat.
Will a headrest attached neck pillow address the issue and make it better?
3. I am getting a rattling noise from the rear right while going through potholes and bumps. Sounds like some loosen nut or something from the suspension. There is nothing in my boot. Anyone else facing this issue? What is the fix?
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 19:38   #880
BHPian

Hella BLACK MAGIC LED 20 SLIM LIGHT BAR Installation

One pending modification was to improve the headlight throw in my Hyundai Tucson.The light throw is good for the city roads but for highway drive its inadequate.The headlight cluster is sealed unit with LED setup and has no options for further upgrades.So the search leads me to Hella light bar which was the only solution. Decided to get the black Magic series which was the slimmest light bar with perfect fit/size for Tucson.

Features:

* LED high-beam light bar
* Full blackout appearance
* Sleek design
* Intense light output
* Temperature Control System

Specifications

* 21 High intensity LEDs
* IP 68, IP 69K
* Die-cast aluminium housing
* Color temperature: 5700 Kelvin
* 105 W
* Measured lumen: 6000 lm
* Weight: 1400 g
* Dimensions:20.6? W x 1.9? H x 2.1? D / 522 x 47 x 55 mm

Here are the pictures of the Hella Light bar Unit.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-hella-box-.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-hella-1-.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-full-view-.jpg

After the Installation

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-lightbar-installation-.jpg

Close-up Shot

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-close-up-view-.jpg

Stock Low Beam

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low-beam.jpg

Stock low beam + Light bar (In streets )

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low-beam-light-bar.jpg

Stock low beam + Light bar (In Highways)

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low-beam-lightbar-.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low-beam-lightbar-highways-.jpg

Just the Light Bar

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-lightbar-standalone.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-lightbar-alone-.jpg

Stock low+High beam+Light bar

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-stock-low-high-beam-lightbar.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-all-lights-action-.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-all-.jpg

Interior view from the car with Low Beam + Light bar

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-inside-car-view.jpg

Note -There is no Risk for oncoming traffic, the light is focussed, pointed on the ground and does not scatter much.I don't use this in a city & this is only for highway runs. There is a separate switch to turn on/off the Light bar!
Mathan1130 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:49   #881

Hello fellow owners,
I have been getting this Battery discharge warning everytime I turn off my car and keep the music system running or any small thing. Is this normal?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-e375a722f43f43caa2b9bb6e44354ad9.jpeg
Old 27th March 2023, 15:04   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Completing about 1550 kms in exactly 1 month in my Diesel 2WD Signature AT, the following 3 are my initial negative observations.

3. I am getting a rattling noise from the rear right while going through potholes and bumps. Sounds like some loosen nut or something from the suspension. There is nothing in my boot. Anyone else facing this issue? What is the fix?
I am also hearing this for sometime. And this happens only when I am riding over the small and sharp bumps within my car parking area. I suspect this is coming from the tailgate latch assembly. I am going to try out some fixes mentioned in the Internet and will get back
Old 27th March 2023, 15:09   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I am also hearing this for sometime. And this happens only when I am riding over the small and sharp bumps within my car parking area. I suspect this is coming from the tailgate latch assembly. I am going to try out some fixes mentioned in the Internet and will get back
Same is the case with my car. Initially I tried adjusting boot cover and changing position of Hazard lights. But still the issue persists. I have also not been able to find out the solution. Can you please share what solution have you found on Internet?
Old 27th March 2023, 19:07   #884

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Hello fellow owners,
I have been getting this Battery discharge warning everytime I turn off my car and keep the music system running or any small thing. Is this normal?

Attachment 2433756
Yes this is perfectly normal. I also get it after few mins when media and display is on without starting the engine. This is just programmed to remind you that battery might discharge if engine is not started for a long time. Now a days with so many accessories and sensors on board they do consume quite bit of power.
Panzera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 13:30   #885
BHPian

Hey Mathan,

Have been searching similar for my Tucson as well. Thanks a bunch for the recommendation. Could you help with some buying details for this, as I am unable to find this off the internet.

Thanks
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hella BLACK MAGIC LED 20 SLIM LIGHT BAR Installation

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th April 2023 at 21:13. Reason: Trimmed quote.

Most Viewed