Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 18:24   #301
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hyryder in dual tone Silver. I think the SUV looks elegant in this shade.

Attachment 2361049
So glad to see they didn't use that Nexa blue silver that they use in the new baleno. This over looks absolutely amazing.
Old 24th September 2022, 21:08   #302

Attaching the price list of Hyryder for Coimbatore / Tamil nadu.
HYRYDER PRICE LIST.pdf

Has anyone got / seen the Gaming Grey colour of Hyryder ? I had booked that. But the black looks stunning as well in one of the videos.

I hope the gaming grey is similar to the Grandeur Grey of Grand Vitara.
Old 25th September 2022, 14:19   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinup P Pillai View Post
Spotted a couple of Hyryders in ORR, Bangalore. Wondering whether test drives have started...
Test drive has started in Kolkata. They have got around 15 vehicles in stock. The one I drove was blue and black. Ride, handling, pickup and braking were all good or more than sufficient for a normal rider with or without family in city or highway. In case you want to make doughnuts or do drag racing then have to look elsewhere.

Additionally I liked,
1. Looks of the car - Seems seamless and the front and back is in sync.
2. Tinted Glass - a. No legal hassle; b. Saves money from window films; c. Keeps the car cool.
3. eCVT Automatic was pretty good. Didn't feel any lag. But I am sure DSG is better if you are ok with reliability concerns.

What I didn't like,
1. The stick was a little hard when I moved it from Parking to Drive or Neutral.
2. The panoramic sunroof shade is very thin which will be a major problem in Summer afternoon drives

I will leave the comparison with competitors (Kicks, Astor, Seltos, Creta, Taigun, Kushak etc.) part to the senior BHPians because of my limited experience however fit and finish is a level below the Korean twins or MG.
OpenRoads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 15:18   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Test drive has started in Kolkata. They have got around 15 vehicles in stock. The one I drove was blue and black. Ride, handling, pickup and braking were all good or more than sufficient for a normal rider with or without family in city or highway. In case you want to make doughnuts or do drag racing then have to look elsewhere.
Thanks mate! Couple of questions:
  1. How’s the practical boot space in hybrid?
  2. Did you get to see cave black colour? How does it look?
Old 25th September 2022, 16:47   #305

Quote:
Any information on the deliveries ? And what are the colours you were able to see ?
Old 25th September 2022, 19:12   #306
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder mild-hybrid prices to be out next month

Toyota launched the Urban Cruiser Hyryder in the Indian market earlier this month. While prices for the hybrid range start at Rs. 15.11 lakh (ex-showroom), the carmaker did not disclose the prices of all the mild-hybrid variants.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-download.jpg

According to a media report, Toyota is likely to announce the prices of the mild-hybrid variants sometime in early October, following the launch of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.

The Urban Cruiser Hyryder uses a 1.5-litre petrol engine that makes 91 BHP and 122 Nm. The ICE is paired with an electric motor that has an output of 78 BHP and 141 Nm. The car comes with a 177.6 V lithium-ion battery pack which offers an all-electric range of up to 25 km.

The mild-hybrid variants are powered by the familiar 1.5-litre engine that makes 103 BHP and 137 Nm. It also comes with optional AWD, prices of which, will be revealed at a later date.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th September 2022 at 19:14.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 19:29   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Test drive has started in Kolkata.
Which dealer is offering the Test Drive if I may ask?
Old 25th September 2022, 19:54   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Since Maruti seems to be more proactive than Toyota in this case, here is the Delta variant of the Grand Vitara.

The 'S' variant equivalent of the Hyryder I believe.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 23:56   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
Which dealer is offering the Test Drive if I may ask?

Topsel Toyota. Showroom visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Thanks mate! Couple of questions:
  1. How’s the practical boot space in hybrid?
  2. Did you get to see cave black colour? How does it look?
1. Boot space is lesser than its competitors for sure due to the battery pack however its good for weekend luggage and in case you are inspired by travel vlogs and want to load it up then ditch the parcel tray and there will be enough space.
2. I have seen cave black only in website and YouTube but not in showroom. But I can tell for sure its gonna be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmystyle07 View Post
Any information on the deliveries ? And what are the colours you were able to see ?
1. Delivery will start in October due to delay in registration since RTO will be closed for puja holidays.
2. In showroom they had blue color and for deliveries they got dual tone red black which was at the stockyard.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th September 2022 at 00:28. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:33   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Topsel Toyota. Showroom visit

1. Delivery will start in October due to delay in registration since RTO will be closed for puja holidays.
Deliveries post Puja is fine. Navratri festival is now underway. However, I hope we do not see more delays in test-drives across the country. I called my SA yesterday and they are hopeful for display vehicles this week.
Despite all Pros-Cons on the forums, an individual decision will ultimately depend on their rendezvous with the vehicle, preference of family (whether we like it or not) and practicality for their use case.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:03   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
For those in Bangalore, SA informed me that the display vehicle will be available in Nandi Toyota on Sept 24th at the Kanakpura Branch
I had received the same info from Kanakpura branch SA, although since then the date has been pushed to Monday and even today there's been no info. Any luck at your end?
Old 27th September 2022, 10:12   #312
BHPian

Attaching final on-toad prices with extended warranty and maintenance package prices. Received from Nandi Toyota Kanakpura
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img20220927wa0001.jpg

Last edited by Rocketscience77 : 27th September 2022 at 10:14. Reason: Added sales outlet details
Rocketscience77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 14:34   #313
BHPian

Any idea what is included as part of Maintenance Package of 2 years/20K KMs?
Old 27th September 2022, 18:55   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
I had received the same info from Kanakpura branch SA, although since then the date has been pushed to Monday and even today there's been no info. Any luck at your end?
They told me Wednesday

Very disappointed with how this is being handled. Considering the car is being manufactured in Karnataka, one would assume Toyota would be able to send at least 1 display vehicle to each of their showrooms here
Old 27th September 2022, 19:23   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what is included as part of Maintenance Package of 2 years/20K KMs?
I'll check with them during my visit and update - which is planned for this week, unless they push the TD again
Rocketscience77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed