Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 13:57   #346
RRU
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Could you please confirm the branches both the Hyryder & GV are displayed at?
When I checked the Queens Road location, they told me Oct 9th and Nexa on Banaswadi said they only have the Mild Hybrid variant on display.

Toyota UC Hyryder: Nandi - Whitefield - its kept beside/behind the display showroom. I received the pics from @Arun - an SA.

MSIL GV: NEXA Varun Motors - Hebbal - 2 units are available for display. SA Harish confirmed.
RRU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 17:04   #347
BHPian

My SA informs that a dual colour (red + black roof) full hybrid HyRyder is now in display at Wasan Toyoya, Navi Mumbai.
I was hoping that they will bring a colour other than red & blue, but my prayers are not heard

Reiterated that TD starts next week. Hope this time they follow the schedule
Old 30th September 2022, 22:24   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
hybrid car would save a good amount of 'moolah'. (picked up this new word on this forum, let me know if I'm using it correct).
Often written as moola or moolah, mula’s origin is unknown. Various dictionaries find evidence for forms of mula in the late 1930s in American English, but the definitive birthplace of the term, as with much of slang, remains elusive.

One theory speculates that mula came from the Spanish mula, a “mule,” arguing the beast of burden was historically used as a form of currency. Further, the phrase bajate de la mula, or “get off your mule,” is a colloquial Spanish expression for “Pay up.” The Times of India, meanwhile, has reported that mula is Fijian in origin and means “money,” though the claim is dubious.

Source: https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/mula/
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:42   #349

I visited Toyota Jammu. One White and One Grey Hyryder was available. One manual one automatic. Test drive not given. I was confused between both colours, both looked good. Finally booked white colour. No booking number allotted. No online receipt given. Just a payment receipt of 25K.
Old 30th September 2022, 22:43   #350
BHPian

I drove Hyryder strong hybrid for the 2nd time today at a different dealership. Few points to note.

1. Battery pack cost is ~ 2.5 Lakhs. Make sure battery damage due to water logging or rat byte is covered in whatever insurance you take.
2. Sunroof opens way more than others since both the panes move backwards. The glass is well tinted.
3. The engine is vocal when you put your pedal to the metal way more than the Korean twins. My 12 year old i10 is more silent than this.
4. The brake bite felt a bit different/weird. Not sure why. Maybe its a different car or regenerative braking or 4 disc brakes. Hopefully will get used to it.
5. 2nd set of vehicles for Oct have been allotted to the dealership. Deliveries will start in a week or two depending on whenever RTO opens and the registration is complete.
6. Dealers are charging 7-9K handling charges along with registration. They will not show you the breakup unless asked. I was able to fight and get it removed. Thanks to teamBHP forum and YouTube.
OpenRoads is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 00:21   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Often written as moola or moolah, mula’s origin is unknown. Various dictionaries find evidence for forms of mula in the late 1930s in American English, but the definitive birthplace of the term, as with much of slang, remains elusive.

One theory speculates that mula came from the Spanish mula, a “mule,” arguing the beast of burden was historically used as a form of currency. Further, the phrase bajate de la mula, or “get off your mule,” is a colloquial Spanish expression for “Pay up.” The Times of India, meanwhile, has reported that mula is Fijian in origin and means “money,” though the claim is dubious.

Source: https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/mula/
I always presumed moolah originated from Indian/Sanskrit word मूल्य meaning value or cost, due to both phonetics and meaning similarity. I didn't realize it may have other origins.
As Max Muller proposed, all these sources may have one origin eventually.
bivision is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 06:29   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I drove Hyryder strong hybrid for the 2nd time today at a different dealership. Few points to note.
Apart from official reviewers of TBHP, seems you are the only one to have driven the vehicle on the forum so far . And you have done it twice !

I have few queries

1. How is the NVH in normal driving (you mentioned noise when foot pressed to metal) .

2. Our official reviewers and others who reviewed the car on YouTube, had noticed sounds other than engine inside the cabin while car is running (for e.g break vacuum pump). How was your experience.

3. Any leads on which insurer has agreed to include battery protection .

Last edited by baarish84 : 1st October 2022 at 06:31.
baarish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 10:17   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post

1. How is the NVH in normal driving (you mentioned noise when foot pressed to metal) .

2. Our official reviewers and others who reviewed the car on YouTube, had noticed sounds other than engine inside the cabin while car is running (for e.g break vacuum pump). How was your experience.

3. Any leads on which insurer has agreed to include battery protection .
1. Honestly I don't know cause I drove the vehicle in the middle of the day in a busy street. It sounded fine to me. Whenever I found a empty patch I accelerated hard to check the pickup and I could hear the 3 pot like any other car. I always wondered how people say high or low NVH because to do that shouldn't we all drive in a empty stretch of highway at a constant speed for few KMs with decibel meters and then compare? Anyhow I felt that a hyundai 1.5l or Honda 1.5l 4 cylinder is way more silent than this one but that's how it should be. Do we have another 3 cylinder 1.5 l in the market to compare?

2. No I was not able to notice any other sound other than the rustling of the plastic cover on the seat (whis was irritating and uncomfortable) When I started the car it was on battery so no sound and only when I pressed the pedal I could hear the engine coming to life. Also, I believe it needs more experience to notice such sounds which I might lack. Sorry.

3. As per the dealer ICICI Lombard is the only one providing such insurance. But my personal opinion is that they have heavy commissions driving such claims/ threats so that we buy their insurance. Accko quoted 38k including GST and Toyota is asking for 62k. For me 24k is a lot. Let me know what others think on this matter.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 10:45   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Sunroof opens way more than others since both the panes move backwards. The glass is well tinted.
I had posted in the grand vitara group about the sunroof but since you have explicitly touched upon this topic, I would like to ask you if the thin shade for sunroof a deal breaker?

Considering the summers in hyderabad exceeds 40 degrees, would the thin shade make the car like an oven. If yes, what after market options do we have to reduce this effect? Can we install a dark sunfilm on the sunroof?
Old 1st October 2022, 11:25   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I had posted in the grand vitara group about the sunroof but since you have explicitly touched upon this topic, I would like to ask you if the thin shade for sunroof a deal breaker?

Considering the summers in hyderabad exceeds 40 degrees, would the thin shade make the car like an oven. If yes, what after market options do we have to reduce this effect? Can we install a dark sunfilm on the sunroof?
Its definitely a big point of concern, in one of my post in another discussion I added it as a disadvantage. Now the reason behind this thin sunshade was to make the interior more lit or maybe roomier, at least that's what I would like to believe Toyota/Suzuki designers would have thought instead of they completely forgot about the Indian climate and never sat inside Creta or Harrier wondering why they have provided a thicker or more opaque sunshade.

The car would definitely become a furnace in an open parking. But when you're driving it I assume the ac would compensate for the heat. Which was the case when I drove it in the sunny afternoon. But still I would have appreciated a better sunshade.

You need to sit and decide if its a deal breaker or not.. because I don't really care about sunroof but that's not how the government runs
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 11:31   #356
BHPian

Quote:
1. Honestly I don't know cause I drove the vehicle in the middle of the day in a busy street. It sounded fine to me.
Thank you for the detailed response. In terms of any other engine to compare, I understand there is absolutely none for India. There is Yaris Cross Hybrid in EU market, where YouTube reviewers stated similar NVH feedback as yours.
Old 1st October 2022, 17:33   #357

It's my first post here and I was lucky enough to see the Hyryder strong hybrid yesterday. The car seems to be built to please the masses, checking many boxes with a couple of misses. The sunroof shade is really thin and I could feel the tube light shine through it when I was seated in the backseat so this will definitely be an issue during the day. Apart from that, as everyone mentioned the interiors feel strictly okay, however the exterior build quality did feel better than the Glanza which was parked next to the Hyryder. The boot was a serious disappointment for me and I expect it to be a deal breaker for many - especially families with small children where there is tons of stuff to carry even for a weekend getaway.
The SA mentioned, they are hopeful of test drives starting next week and they are expecting their first allotment towards end of this week/early next week and deliveries should begin by end of this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyryder.jpeg  

zmachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 21:16   #358
BHPian

Quote:

1. Battery pack cost is ~ 2.5 Lakhs. Make sure battery damage due to water logging or rat byte is covered in whatever insurance you take. .

2.5 lakh for the battery.
Old 1st October 2022, 22:29   #359
BHPian

On Road Price for Delhi. TD from next week.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20221001_222727.png
Old 2nd October 2022, 01:26   #360
BHPian

Lot of Toyota dealers are openly asking for handling charges. Even Uttam Toyota in NCR is asking for Rs 6250/-.
After the mahindra court case, I thought the dealers would have been wiser. Seems to me the dealers have found a loop hole to charge this legally now..
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks