Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 07:38   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
The one thing I don't understand is that the car would sometimes drive in the EV mode from a stop and sometimes it use the ICE. I expected it to always pick up with EV mode but I guess we'll find out more later.
It will start on ICE depending on a few parameters namely how hard was the accelerator pressed, remaining battery, temperature of the battery etc etc. The Hybrid system manages it all by itself so you dont have to worry.
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:54   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Congratulations on your booking and same pinch (same color and variant booked) I had similar thoughts during test drive and now eagerly waiting for delivery.

Hyryder looks fresh and at par with its peers.
Congratulations on your booking the new car..... wish you miles of enjoyable motoring. I have requested for a TD of the hybrid, but still waiting for the same.

Just one question- how is the ride quality? I recently test drove a Seltos diesel AT which was fine sans stiff ride quality particularly in comparison to my Vento. I can not live with such harsh ride of Seltos, which is a deal breaker for me. Most of the time I am alone in the car.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 11:22   #438
BHPian

Quote:
My Delhi to Gurgaon daily drives will be a breeze.
Over all I'm satisfied with the ride quality, build quality and refinement. I'm looking forward to taking my delivery.
Which dealership you availed the Hybrid test drive? Any tentative date dealer gave you? Uttam Toyota here in Noida is not willing to share anything regarding delivery.
Old 14th October 2022, 11:32   #439

Visited showroom in Gurgaon, to see the car with Family.

Currently own a Verna and a Jazz. In comparison, family did not like the interiors and small cabin feel. Driver side lag space also felt cramped.

Our run in not much, so mileage cannot override other factors.

To help firm the our decision, got this message from Sales:

Very soon we are starting delivering Hyryder as on First Book First Delivered basis, you have booked your Car dated 7 july and as per allocation plan we received from Toyota the tentative delivery would be April 2023.

9-10 months waiting when we booked in the early days.

We are dropping idea of Hyryder.

Thanks to forum for all the wonderful discussions and inputs.
deepak36 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 11:45   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Which dealership you availed the Hybrid test drive? Any tentative date dealer gave you? Uttam Toyota here in Noida is not willing to share anything regarding delivery.
Galaxy Toyota Chattarpur, New Delhi. Bought my fortuner from the same place.
You just walk in and ask for a TD. Your SA will accompany you and ask for your driving license to note down the number and hand it back to you before you get to drive it.

Waiting depends on when you booked it. My SA told me it has reached up to about 6-7 months now but I'm pretty sure most people won't have to wait for more than 4-5 months.

I pre booked in July so as per my SA I will get my car in last week of December or mid Jan which I'm fine with since I want a 2023 registration anyway.
tjsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 13:39   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Galaxy Toyota Chattarpur, New Delhi. Bought my fortuner from the same place.
You just walk in and ask for a TD. Your SA will accompany you and ask for your driving license to note down the number and hand it back to you before you get to drive it.

Waiting depends on when you booked it. My SA told me it has reached up to about 6-7 months now but I'm pretty sure most people won't have to wait for more than 4-5 months.

I pre booked in July so as per my SA I will get my car in last week of December or mid Jan which I'm fine with since I want a 2023 registration anyway.
Even I booked in July, but knowing that booking this early also lands upto Dec delivery date is pathetic on Toyota's part. More so when they are not following any Z8L prioritization like Scorpio N(atleast not shared with public).

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 14th October 2022 at 13:43.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 15:56   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Just one question- how is the ride quality? I recently test drove a Seltos diesel AT which was fine sans stiff ride quality particularly in comparison to my Vento. I can not live with such harsh ride of Seltos, which is a deal breaker for me. Most of the time I am alone in the car.

Thanks
Ride quality was good enough for me during both of my test drives however I am used to driving i10 and for me its a step up hence it might not count. I feel for most of the cars in this segment the experience will be very close and hard to distinguish. Few might stand out like Citroen C5 or Jeep Compass but then again they are above this segment.

Any mid size SUV (Creta, Seltos, Taigun, Kushak and now GV or Hyryder etc) ride will feel way better/plush if you compare with hatchbacks and sedans due to difference in GC, wheelbase and rubber size.
OpenRoads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:02   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

I had booked my Toyota Hyrder V "Strong Hybrid" in Cafe White Colour & I am glad to announce its allocation.

Car is billed & is on its way to the dealership, Planning a Diwali 2022 Delivery.

Looking forward

Last edited by karan561 : 14th October 2022 at 17:06.
karan561 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:47   #444
BHPian

Finally saw the HyRyder in person and test drove the vehicle today morning through the Lakozy showroom in Malad.

One thing that I noticed was the ventilated seats worked extremely well, I had test driven a Seltos few months back and even though the cooling was on par, there was an irritating noise which was heard when the ventilated seats was on in the Seltos. No such complaints in my test drive today of the HyRyder. It could be due to the car being brand new but the AC cooling in general was great.

I am very optimistic about the Hybrid technology finally arriving for the masses in India as it could bridge the gap between electrics and NAs/Turbo engines very well. Looking forward to getting delivery of the Red DT of the V variant which the sales person has mentioned as 6 months but I am hoping it will be much earlier than that
rahil_29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:47   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I had booked my Toyota Hyrder V "Strong Hybrid" in Cafe White Colour & I am glad to announce its allocation.

Car is billed & is on its way to the dealership, Planning a Diwali 2022 Delivery.

Looking forward
Awesome news and Congrats

Please confirm on details on how did you come to know about the allocation?
Booking date, Dealer and Location will also help.
smilingakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 18:13   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! Congratulations! May I know which dealership did you go for? I had booked with Millenium Toyota on 2nd July, and I am yet to hear any updates on the allocations
rr06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 22:21   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Awesome news and Congrats

Please confirm on details on how did you come to know about the allocation?
Booking date, Dealer and Location will also help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Awesome! Congratulations! May I know which dealership did you go for? I had booked with Millenium Toyota on 2nd July, and I am yet to hear any updates on the allocations
The car was booked on the 1st day when the Official bookings opened. Dealership is Rathod Toyota, Vapi & their SA informed me about the allocation. They already had received Strong Hybrid stocks earlier this week but in other colours (Blue & Red Dualtone I believe). However my car is the 1st White (Strong Hybrid) they got billed. Also another clarification is that mine is a monotone White i.e. Body colour Roof and Mirror caps etc.

Last edited by karan561 : 14th October 2022 at 22:34.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 07:23   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Am in a similar boat. Booked on 9th July online at Lakozy Andheri. All dealers have received their allocation lists (variant wise and customer wise). You have a good chance of getting it PROVIDED you take a firm commitment in person from your Showroom Manager.

Else their stories in Mumbai at least are endless, almost dishonest at times. So if you are keen on it visit the showroom and pursue them aggressively.

One MORE note of caution -

If you are taking delivery in Jan 23 or latter do check the manufacturing year. ( what they call a kaccha pakka registration). This will add 1 more year to your vehicle's age in terms of resale without you having actually used the vehicle.
mave547 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:09   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the HyRyder

You can do an exclusive comparison test between your Seltos, Kushaq and HyRyder in which all belong to the same segment, looking forward to that

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 15th October 2022 at 11:14.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 20:19   #450
BHPian

Quote:
The car was booked on the 1st day when the Official bookings opened.
Hi Karan, Did you get any chance to test drive the strong hybrid variant of Hyryder. If yes, your observations please. I too have booked Grand Vitara Strong hybrid Alpha+ on July 11th and was waiting till now for delivery info. Mine was white with dual tone option.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed