Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2022, 23:51   #556
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

My queries for the Strong Hybrid variant:

1. Is there any technical limitation or any instructions/ Do's and Don'ts mentioned in the Owner's manual for the continuous operation of the e-CVT transmission? For example, 8 hours of continuous driving (and hence operation of the the e-CVT electricals) will have any detrimental effect on the e-CVT?

2. The MGF Toyota (Sector 16) showroom of Gurgaon says the 6500/- logistics charge is mandatory and they won't sell it otherwise. They say it includes GST and one debit note will be provided against the Logistics charges payment (and not a receipt). I couldn't understand this. Any idea whether it is mandatory to pay for the logistics?

3. Whether there is any rebate (approximately Rs. 14-15k) availed by any buyer of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder/ Maruti Suzuki new Grand Vitara for the Haryana registration? NEXA price sheet shows a rebate and the SA also informed me the same, whereas MGF Toyota price sheet doesn't show any such rebate, and their SA denied such rebate.

Meanwhile, yesterday I had another test drive of Hyryder (earlier one was in Grand Vitara) and this time the engine noise was pretty high (I set the drive mode on power instead of eco mode). Also, there was frequent noisy cut-in/cut-out operation of the AC compressor. e-CVT was very smooth as usual.

Brakes: Yesterday I tried to brake hard after a sudden acceleration for couple of times, and I felt that brakes were not that great. Did anyone check the brakes in details or in a better way? What is the feedback from the new owners?
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 01:55   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

1. Is there any technical limitation or any instructions/ Do's and Don'ts mentioned in the Owner's manual for the continuous operation of the e-CVT transmission? For example, 8 hours of continuous driving (and hence operation of the the e-CVT electricals) will have any detrimental effect on the e-CVT?
eCVT is not electrical. Its a planetary gearset aka mechanical. What is managed however is when and how the electric motor is engaged for propulsion. At higher speeds, the ICE engine almost exclusively is drivng the wheels.

Quote:
Meanwhile, yesterday I had another test drive of Hyryder (earlier one was in Grand Vitara) and this time the engine noise was pretty high (I set the drive mode on power instead of eco mode). Also, there was frequent noisy cut-in/cut-out operation of the AC compressor. e-CVT was very smooth as usual.
Are you sure it was the AC compressor because unlike ICE cars the compressor is fully electric so its not "engaged" via a clutch pulley set.

Quote:
Thats because you were in power mode which has a different throttle mapping meaning engine would come on even at slightest application of throttle. In case of my RX450h the ecu also provides the full 650v from the battery, its otherwise restricted to 500v in ECO and Normal mode. Not sure if thats the case with Toyota as well. I am assuming it does because the hybrid system's are exactly the same mehanically but with different engine and electric motor combinations

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st October 2022 at 02:03.
extreme_torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 02:33   #558
BHPian

Cancelled by Booking of the Hyryder Strong Hybrid S variant!

On 6th Oct I booked the Strong Hybrid S variant in Blr-Hosur Rd. ₹25000 is the booking amount which is refundable and total OTR cost quoted is 19.03. I didn’t want the sunroof and felt this version is a total value for money. Alloys could be added for 40-60k so I was okay. The only thing was , I hadn’t seen the car in person yet as it arrived only couple of days earlier and I was away on personal work.

The following week I returned to Bangalore and visited the showroom. Below were my observations
Negatives:
1. Doors are light and feels cheap (this was a total shocker to me. I was expecting if not same at least similar to the new Baleno). Destroyed my confidence completely
2. The boot is indeed really small
3. The interiors finish is poor
4. Turning Radius is 5.3mts (their German competition have 5.05mts)
5. Really thin internal cover for the Panoramic sunroof

Positives:
1. The fuel efficient 1.5 TGNA Hybrid engine
2. Comfortable driving position (I’m a six foot medium built guy) and rear seats
3. Good looking presence

Hybrid cars definitely make sense today if you’re driving a good number of kilometres daily in the city. And the best bet you can take is the Hyryder (Thanks to the reliable Toyota technology).

I would strongly recommended to visit any VW showroom/Honda/Mahindra after your Hyryder experience at the showroom.
aashikf1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 09:26   #559
BHPian

Quote:
2. The MGF Toyota (Sector 16) showroom of Gurgaon says the 6500/- logistics charge is mandatory and they won't sell it otherwise. They say it includes GST and one debit note will be provided against the Logistics charges payment (and not a receipt). I couldn't understand this. Any idea whether it is mandatory to pay for the logistics?
I noticed similar handling charges ~7K here in Kolkata dealership as well however was able to point it out and strike it off the original quote. I did share posts form this portal and screenshots on the legality part of it.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 09:57   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post

I had a very heated conversation with the GM, Sales of Millenium Toyota about the dishonesty & the unprofessional overall experience. I still don't have any commitments from them & now in 2 minds to whether continue with them or cancel the booking. Based on their earlier commitments, I have already got a loan sanctioned via them & got valuation done for my old car from Toyota Assist.
[Quick Update] After a lot of escalations, my car has finally reached their showroom & I am getting the delivery on Thursday. Already did a quick PDI on Saturday & everything looks fine. I will post a detailed udpate later in the week, once I get the delivery!
rr06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:03   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
[Quick Update] After a lot of escalations, my car has finally reached their showroom & I am getting the delivery on Thursday. Already did a quick PDI on Saturday & everything looks fine. I will post a detailed udpate later in the week, once I get the delivery!
Same here got a silver G Variant of the strong hybrid allotted from Lakozy Andheri , courtesy someone's cancellation (original booking date 9th July). But changed the color to Cafe White, Silver looks too dull even for a new car.

Suddenly the tone of the management changed trying to push me for a silver, without providing any timeline for the white variant. So have escalated the same directly via Toyota India's Twitter handle.

All I have requested is clarity with regards to the allocation timeline instead of vague answers from the dealer like you are 200th in line versus an immediate delivery. Let's see what they come up with.
mave547 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:09   #562
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Toyota Hyryder (Hybrid): Delivery Experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
This car was booked on Day 1 when the booking started back in July. Since then i haven't checked one out in the showroom nor Test Driven one.
Congrats on the car Karan. The Urban Cruise Hyryder does seem to have Toyota design cues in white color and reminds me of the Fortuner. Does the 3 cylinder engine cause any vibrations to be felt while in idle if the ev-mode is not active?
Old 31st October 2022, 12:02   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
Suddenly the tone of the management changed trying to push me for a silver, without providing any timeline for the white variant. So have escalated the same directly via Toyota India's Twitter handle.
Bad Google review actually worked for me. Give it a try!

Quote:

Got it professionally removed @ 3M Car Care;
Thanks for all the updates & video! Did you get any other treatment done from 3M?
rr06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 12:47   #564
BHPian

Re: My Toyota Hyryder (Hybrid): Delivery Experience !

Quote:
For the 1st year I always prefer getting the Insurance from the dealership & their tie up, which in this case was Toyota - IffcoTokio.

Congratulations on the white beauty, after seeing your original pictures from the stockyard, I also changed my preference to Cafe White from Silver.

Spot-on about the insurance they quotes are competitive not a whole lot of difference. But I have insisted on maximum IDV in that price-band.

Also the dealer is trying to sell the useless accessories package worth 28000, which am hoping to avoid or use the amount against future servicing.

But one thing is bothering me, once a month intend to use the vehicle for a Mumbai - Vapi run. Did the 3 pot engine seemed underpowered in the hilly terrain or the multiple bridges.?

Thats the only concern holding me.back. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
mave547 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 13:12   #565
BHPian

Hi guy, came across the video of G vs V comparison.
The person mentions that fabric seats in G varients cannot be changed to leatherette due to airbag position.
Can anybody confirm the same.
Time stamp of mention: 11:35 onwards.

Sanket299 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:00   #566
BHPian

Went to the Toyota showroom to check out the strong-hybrid variant of the Hyryder. Took a small test drive as well.

My observations over a small city test-drive
- The boot is absurdly small for a car of this size
- You tend to sit high up. Good visibility out the front. Gives you a 'king of the road' feeling
- Acceleration and drivability is super smooth at low urban speeds. If driven sedately, you can barely make out when the engine kicks in. It has an almost EV like response. Brilliant in stop-start or heavy traffic
- Under heavy acceleration, the engine does become audible, but not unpleasant. A lot of reviews have complained about poor NVH. I find this subjective, and you should take a test drive to know if it bothers you. Personally, I thought NVH levels were adequate
- I couldn't test the car at higher speeds, so keep in mind my points are all based on 0-80 urban driving
- Steering felt quick and precise. Much better than budget grade Marutis
- The touchscreen unit smooth to respond. Sharp resolution as well
- The rear and 360 degree cameras are quite blurry. Usable in the day, but I felt more comfortable relying on the mirrors because of the poor camera quality. I imagine the cameras will be useless at night with the low resolution being offered
- Ride quality was okay. Not super plush, not overly harsh
kadanaJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:54   #567
BHPian

The voice enabled infotainment system abruptly gets triggered while you are talking. I noticed this during my test drive and noticed the same in the video posted by karan561.

Anyone else faced this? Any idea how to stop it?
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:04   #568
BHPian

Hello all, our Hyrder is on its way to the dealer and all is in place for delivery this Friday. The family agreed on the strong hybrid top model in white + black dual-tone paint.

I also recently went for a test drive as the car was available at the Noida showroom. Here are some small observations during HEAVY TRAFFIC.

- The engine barely switched on, and when it did under less load, it was not very audible
- The Car is really smooth when in EV mode
- High driving position, good visibility
- I reset the fuel economy to see what I got during this 15 min drive and I got an expected 22+ kmpl
- Boot is small, but that's irrelevant for our city commute use case
- The car accelerates well enough for our requirements within the city and while this was a concern for me, after the test drive I am happy with what it offers. Yes it will be slow on the highway, but it is not in our use case
- I like the HUD and the information it displays

Overall I am happy with the car - despite screaming MSIL quality (door panels, door weight, switch gear, and so on) - I will post more updates once I get the car.
vividhavasthi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:49   #569
Senior - BHPian

Brought home the G Neo drive few hours back. In white. Viva Toyota stuck to their deliver time schedule and all documents and gate passes were ready before i reached.

Got Apollo tires manufactured in August.

A quick look inside the bonnet and you you feel lots of things missing! Just tons of space available.

Noticed the ECU is without any cover. Absolutely no engine wash.

Any idea where the steering fluid tank is?

Remote connect is great. Would have been great if we could switch on the AC also remotely (not sure if it is there, yet to RTFM).

Tires were at regular usage pressures and not at stress test levels.

Was told the rear parking camera came with adaptive lines (based on steering input) but seems this is limited to the V variant.
HappyWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 16:14   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Any idea where the steering fluid tank is?
Hyryder/Grand Vitara has an Electric Power Steering so you'll not find a power steering fluid compartment.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks