Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 16:40   #571
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Got Apollo tires manufactured in August.

Remote connect is great. Would have been great if we could switch on the AC also remotely (not sure if it is there, yet to RTFM).

Was told the rear parking camera came with adaptive lines (based on steering input) but seems this is limited to the V variant.
Congratulations! Few naive questions -
  • How did you check the tire manufacturing date?
  • Does it have a sim for Remote Connect or it works only via wifi when the phone is near the car? What's the process of activating the same?

Even V Variant doesn't have adaptive lines. I test drove a V variant & the parking camera had static lines.
rr06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 16:58   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Toyota Hyryder (Hybrid): Delivery Experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
My Toyota Hyryder Delivery Video;
Fantastic review Karan! Hyryder is really a mixed bag, wherein a buyer looking for certain checkpoints will be completely happy with the car (this is a huge positive for me).

Just out of curiosity, do you buy all the cars that you review? I have seen multiple car reviews from your side, and I would love to know your current garage, and the types of rides you have.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 17:02   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
  • How did you check the tire manufacturing date?
  • Does it have a sim for Remote Connect or it works only via wifi when the phone is near the car? What's the process of activating the same?

Even V Variant doesn't have adaptive lines. I test drove a V variant & the parking camera had static lines.
1. This info is present in all tires. A 4 digit number which will be encircled. First two digits represent the week number and next two the year. Mine was 3622, including spare. We do have an article on the forum on this.

2. It has a e-sim, which as per SA is life time subscription but noticed in the iConnect app showing it is active till end of 3rd year.

Aa for the adaptive lines, the V hybrid I test drove, had it. So was able to show the sales agents and ask. But guess, even she wasnt sure and just said yes. Hopefully I wasn't day dreaming.
HappyWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:24   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
They have it as an accessory
I was told by Nandi that the rear wiper cannot be installed in the S variant. Infact, it isn't even in the accessory list.
Cruzn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 21:14   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
I was told by Nandi that the rear wiper cannot be installed in the S variant. Infact, it isn't even in the accessory list.
Guess I had a over enthusiastic sales person!
Old 31st October 2022, 21:47   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats man!
Thanks !
Quote:
I want to see if they are sufficient as there are no fogs. What’s the wattage on the LED lights?
Lights seem good, Headlights being LED the lumens/watts is not mentioned anywhere (nor in the Manual).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car Karan.
Thanks !
Quote:
The Urban Cruise Hyryder does seem to have Toyota design cues in white color and reminds me of the Fortuner.
Yes it does.
Quote:
Does the 3 cylinder engine cause any vibrations to be felt while in idle if the ev-mode is not active?
Its all acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Thanks for all the updates & video!
Thanks, glad you found the video helpful
Quote:
Did you get any other treatment done from 3M?
No. Just bought some micro fibre cloth. I recently got my M340i detailed from this same branch so they were kind enough to debadge it FOC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
Congratulations on the white beauty, after seeing your original pictures from the stockyard, I also changed my preference to Cafe White from Silver.
Good to know.
Quote:
Also the dealer is trying to sell the useless accessories package worth 28000, which am hoping to avoid or use the amount against future servicing.
I skipped it too.
Quote:
But one thing is bothering me, once a month intend to use the vehicle for a Mumbai - Vapi run. Did the 3 pot engine seemed underpowered in the hilly terrain or the multiple bridges.?
Not at all, it was a joy in my solo run. However things may not be as rosy with 4+ passengers & luggage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
The voice enabled infotainment system abruptly gets triggered while you are talking. I noticed this during my test drive and noticed the same in the video posted by karan561.
Yes, and it keeps getting triggered. Need to figure out a way to deactivate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Fantastic review Karan!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the video & my post.
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, do you buy all the cars that you review? I have seen multiple car reviews from your side, and I would love to know your current garage, and the types of rides you have.
No, but really blessed to have a good garage which is a mix of really great engines & gearboxes. You can check my signature below to see the current cars I own;

Last edited by karan561 : 31st October 2022 at 21:48.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 21:56   #577
BHPian

Quote:

Not at all, it was a joy in my solo run. However things may not be as rosy with 4+ passengers & luggage.
Thanks for the quick update, thats a huge relief. Its usually a day trip without baggage and Max 2+1 passengers.

For anything more the trustworthy Altis is the perfect and comfortable highway ride.

Time to go after Lakozy Toyota now for the allotment

Last edited by Eddy : 31st October 2022 at 22:56. Reason: Fixed quotes
mave547 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 23:54   #578
BHPian

On my test drive I felt a distinct 3 cylinder thrum but it was quite disguised… seems it will run out of steam at higher speeds, but very decent around town. Wanted to try the 4 cylinder neodrive back to back but the dealer didn’t have one.

[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car Karan. The Urban Cruise Hyryder does seem to have Toyota design cues in white color and reminds me of the Fortuner. Does the 3 cylinder engine cause any vibrations to be felt while in idle if the ev-mode is not active?
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 00:09   #579
BHPian

Quote:
My Toyota Hyryder Delivery Video;
Congrats on the ride! Looking forward to your next video.

Wanted to check if you remembered the number of bars the battery had during delivery and what is the process, as well as how long did it take, to bring it up to 5/6 (or the maximum) bars?

Last edited by Cruzn : 1st November 2022 at 00:33.
Cruzn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 00:23   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Have asked for a longer test drive to understand better how the hybrid drives. Will also be checking if I can load a couple of cabin trolleys and a mid sized check-in luggage - that's my minimum requirement for outstation trips.
I managed to get the luggage test done and my request for a longer test drive was granted too. Incidentally, I drove the mild and strong hybrid versions of the Grand Vitara back-back, too.

In summary, the strong hybrid is significantly more fun to drive. It has diesel like torque and acceleration, sans any lag. I have no complaints about the top speed the car can get to, although I only barely crossed the three-digit mark on my drives.

The luggage test was a pass. I was able to fit three trolleys quite comfortably, without having to remove the parcel tray.

A mid-large sized check-in trolley and two cabin sized trolleys
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyryderboot.jpg

Close-up view of the loaded boot
Name:  Hyryderboot2.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  99.1 KB

Last edited by pannags : 1st November 2022 at 00:47. Reason: Edited the photo
pannags is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 00:27   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Cancelled by Booking of the Hyryder Strong Hybrid S variant!

1. Doors are light and feels cheap (this was a total shocker to me. I was expecting if not same at least similar to the new Baleno). Destroyed my confidence completely
Thanks for the update, just curious if doors felt lighter than S-cross or similar? I assume the quality of doors will be same for GV as well as both are products manufactured from same factory.
Old 1st November 2022, 02:49   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingtraveler View Post
Thanks for the update, just curious if doors felt lighter than S-cross or similar? I assume the quality of doors will be same for GV as well as both are products manufactured from same factory.
Personally, I feel S-Cross doors are better.

Yep, GV felt the same!

Forget the thud, the feel of the doors itself is sad for a car that size.

After close to 2 years of searching, I decided and booked the Strong Hyryder S. But after physically checking it out, I cancelled for the reasons stated in my earlier post.

Now I’m back to the Taigun/Kushaq AT

—————————————————————-
*Suggestion:
Waiting Period: Initially I was told the car would take 3-5 months for delivery. But by Oct 18th the sa called and said the car was available(silver/white- s and g variants) for delivery. So if you really want to go with it, go ahead and book it without worrying a lot on the delivery timelines. I’m sure you’ll get it much earlier (definitely faster than the Suzuki GV).
aashikf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 15:05   #583
BHPian

Got to checking out the Hyryder briefly today.

Pros:

- Looks pretty nice in the flesh. Not funky like the Creta and not too subdued like the VWs.
- Driving position, front seats felt quite comfortable. Will need a test drive to confirm.
- Build quality was better than I expected. Definitely a step up from my Honda City.
- The showroom experience at Lanson Toyota, ECR Chennai was very good.

Negatives -

- Interior quality is not bad, but certainly not befitting of a 20L plus car.
- Rear seat is compromised in terms of both width and headroom. I'm a about 6' tall, and I had just about 2 inches of space above my head. Now, the rear seats do recline a bit and this helps to an extent.
- They had a mild hybrid variant and boot was not spacious. The hybrid is going to be lot worse.

Overall, I quite liked the package. The Hybrid looks like it will make for a nice City car. Will take a test drive soon.
AdhikR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:56   #584

the rear and side profile in the white, looks very nice and large car feel !!
unbelievable mileage on day 1
Old 2nd November 2022, 18:14   #585
Senior - BHPian

Feedbacks so far:

- hate the side mirrors always folding if you lock the car. Had checked if there is a setting to disable that - no go! Wary of that motor in the long run.

- all three rear view mirrors are bad at giving a good view. Side mirrors are small and miss out on traffic that could cause issues. Tried multiple settings and yet to find the right spot.

- low beam at its highest setting seems aimed very low. Yet to do a proper highway drive to check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks