Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 21:40   #661
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Issue is escalated to Toyota and there are more similar reports. There might be a recall on the faulty HUs.

Request Hyryder owners in this forum to check Toyota iConnect and update if its working or not working.
Today the iConnect issue was finally resolved. It took about a week for the issue to move through various channels and finally got validated by TKM technical lead who came to the Service Center to inspect the car. He was prompt and didn't beat around the bush. Accepted it as an issue. After a day the Service Manager and a technician came to my place with certain steps to reset the s/w. They ran a sequence of ignition on/off with 30sec gap. After that the remote ignition and other iConnect features started working.

Overall I am satisfied with the corporation and promptness of service. And also thankful they did not have to open up a new car to fix the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Please suggest which accessories are worth taking from the dealer.
I went for mud flaps, 3D all weather floor and boot mats and I am happy with the purchase.
From the dealer I got a transparent floor mat (which I didn't like) and mud flaps for free.

And I love garnish only on my food..

Last edited by OpenRoads : 22nd November 2022 at 21:48.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:49   #662
BHPian

Quote:
They ran a sequence of ignition on/off with 30sec gap. After that the remote ignition and other iConnect features started working.
Do we have a list of i-Connect features? I have hardly tried anything as there is usually no network in my parking. I can see the total odo reading & car status location though. I couldn’t find any feature list in the manual.
Old 24th November 2022, 00:34   #663
BHPian

Checked out Hyryder today. Boot although small, is I feel best they could've done after seeing the battery braces and mount. Maybe some trims can be removed further for better space utilisation in a pinch.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20221123_173015.jpg  

Stolidus500 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 10:25   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Checked out Hyryder today. Boot although small, is I feel best they could've done after seeing the battery braces and mount. Maybe some trims can be removed further for better space utilisation in a pinch.
They messed it up big time and made this car as mostly city run about vehicle. May be they are spot on with respect to some of the users, but not for me. This has become a huge deal breaker for me even after I pay almost 24 L for top end Hybrid. Cancelled my bookings of these twins with heavy heart .
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 12:52   #665
Senior - BHPian

Anyone else facing the issue of the Voice Assistant getting activated without actually saying the key words? I have noticed a pattern where it gets activated when I do a quick double short honk. Has become so regular that now it has become a joke for the family!
Old 24th November 2022, 13:56   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Anyone else facing the issue of the Voice Assistant getting activated without actually saying the key words? I have noticed a pattern where it gets activated when I do a quick double short honk. Has become so regular that now it has become a joke for the family!
Faced this as well and turned the feature off. Can still use Siri in CarPlay mode hence not an issue. Voice assistant is just hyperactive

I have seen a couple of other reviewers commenting on this and hopefully with enough feedback Toyota will cover in a software upgrade.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 14:09   #667
BHPian

There are lot of people complaining on online that delivery for Hyryder has stopped in the last 48 hours.
Dealers have been saying they have been blocked by Toyota and their portal is not invoicing anymore.

Can someone help confirm this news? Hoping this is not true. There is already a significant delay in the delivery of this car.
Old 24th November 2022, 16:42   #668

Heard customers are cancelling bookings amidst news that the Bidadi plant has acute shortage of semiconductor parts sourced from overseas and badly needed for the hybrid Hyryder.

Sadly, the situation will soon aggravate with latest news of total lockdown across all major cities including Beijing, Shanghai & Zhengzhou.
In fact, China’s top auto association said on Wednesday it would cancel the second day of the China Automotive Overseas Development Summit being held there over COVID concerns.
Old 24th November 2022, 16:46   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Do we have a list of i-Connect features? I have hardly tried anything as there is usually no network in my parking. I can see the total odo reading & car status location though. I couldn’t find any feature list in the manual.
1. You can start the car for 10 mins to cool it to a set temperature beforehand.
2. Hazard light on
3. Turn off head lights
4. Look doors
5. Find your car

Quote:
You can turn it off from dashboard settings.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 17:06   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audik75 View Post
Faced this as well and turned the feature off. Can still use Siri in CarPlay mode hence not an issue. Voice assistant is just hyperactive

I have seen a couple of other reviewers commenting on this and hopefully with enough feedback Toyota will cover in a software upgrade.
Hyperactive indeed! Hope they bring a software update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
Quote:
1. You can start the car for 10 mins to cool it to a set temperature beforehand.
2. Hazard light on
3. Turn off head lights
4. Look doors
5. Find your car
6. Service history listing
7. Book / reschedule service appointment
8. View warranty details
9. Breakdown support
10. Set driver profiles and alerts for speed and geo fence (nice)

Concern : with this telemetry information available with Toyota, or who ever their service provider is, the right to privacy is nil. They know where you have been, how long you have driven, how long you spent time at a particular place, what your driving profile is (soft foot, hard foot, something in between!). Imagine how this info can be used to generate a driver profile and share with, say, insurance companies for a risk profile.

The stock tires seems to be hunting for grip in wet roads. Lots of tire spins and that too with out a heavy foot.

Lastly, planning to get ceramic coating fro Carzspa at RR Nagar. Quoted same cost as Toyota 3M service but with 3 years warranty, as against 2 years by Toyota.
Old 24th November 2022, 17:26   #671
BHPian

Quote:
The stock tires seems to be hunting for grip in wet roads. Lots of tire spins and that too with out a heavy foot.
Check the tire pressure. I found it to be way too high initially. It should be 227.5 KPa = 33 Psi
Old 24th November 2022, 17:48   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check the tire pressure. I found it to be way too high initially. It should be 227.5 KPa = 33 Psi
One of the first check done during delivery and during weekly check. I follow 32 all around, hence sure this isn't the issue.

And, yes, my gauge is definitely correct.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 20:07   #673
BHPian

I request the owners post a long term review of the Hybrid Hyryder.
Please make sure to comment on fuel efficiency and frequency of fill ups compared to your other cars for your daily driving scenario, ride quality, acceleration and cruising experience between 60-100km/h range, NVH and some specific things you love and hate about the car.
Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 21:05   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Please make sure to comment on fuel efficiency and frequency of fill ups compared to your other cars for your daily driving scenario, ride quality, acceleration and cruising experience between 60-100km/h range, NVH and some specific things you love and hate about the car.
Thanks
In addition, would also like to hear on best practices on how to get the battery charge up to the max quicker.
Old 24th November 2022, 21:50   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Thanks
It’s been 3 weeks of driving and honestly there isn’t much to dislike about the car in terms of how it drives. My comparison is to a Honda City CVT and this car has better pull when starting from a traffic light for instance. The City is more refined at higher speeds but this isn’t bad either - have stayed within 95kmph so far and NVH isn’t a factor to worry about at these speeds. Have taken a couple of highway rides and I remember being concerned about it when buying but my better half certainly hasn’t complained and I’kill take that as validation enough. Is it perfect - NO but there can’t be too many complaints if you know how to get the best of a CVT. Cruise control works just fine - no complaints - I prefer the Honda City buttons though (maybe more ergonomic or just me having to adapt after years of using them).

On fuel efficiency, my car was handed over with 53 kms on the odometer at 7.8kmpl - have driven ~475 kms and haven’t hit half-tank yet. Fuel efficiency is at 18.4 kmpl and is still climbing. By this time, I would have had to definitely refuel on the City given most of the driving has been within city limits. I think it is safe to say that fuel efficiency will average above 20 kmpl and even driving without efficiency in mind, one can see ~900 kms before needing to refuel.

The suspension is good as is braking. Headlights are also much better on the Hyryder. With the higher seating arrangement, the Hyryder offers better front visibility with the bonnet being fully visible. A feature comparison is probably not appropriate so will stay away from that. Definitely liking the ventilated seats and other creature comforts the Hyryder has to offer.

Where the City scores is rear seating for 3 (despite having narrower dimensions) and boot space. Both of these are handicaps for the Hyryder but since I rarely drive with 5 adults and am not a big user of boot space, am fine with these compromises. Boot space for weekend drives on the Hyryder will not be a problem in my opinion with some Indian jugaad (my key factor in not preferring the Honda City hybrid when it launched).

Battery level stays primarily at 2 bars and rarely go higher in city driving conditions. On the highway, have seen this go higher. Had to watch a YouTube video to understand this factor doesn’t matter and one should only go with fuel efficiency. I will just leave it to my sheer ignorance of driving a Hybrid and not knowing how to measure efficiency.

Hope this helps!
Audik75 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed