Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 21:38   #691
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
I have few questions from senior BHPians.
May be this eCVT is the best for me.

1. Pickup was definitely better than any of the CVT and almost same as Carens DCT. In fact 0-60kms/hour was probably the best. I have a feeling that since at low speeds the electric motors are very active, the torquey motors have resulted in great pickup. If that is so this might have resulted in CVT transmission without any rubberband effect. I really want automatic enthusiasts to make their opinion on this . Or may be I should take TD on a highway only to get a true feeling. I think CVT rubberband effect spoils driving experience in low speed only. What say?
I am not a senior BHPian. I am trying to share my test drive experiences and what I learnt here about e-CVT.

There is no belt mechanism here. If you try to search earlier post, there was a reference of YouTube tutorial about this e-CVT.

I personally have Scorpio N Diesel 6 speed AT booking intact (cancelled the petrol, bad decision since I am located in NCR). Also test drove Tata Harrier AT, XL6 & Brezza AT, Creta CVT, Kushaq 1.0 AT and all new Grand Vitara and Hyryder e-CVT recently. The test drive in Grand Vitara Hybrid e-CVT drive was about 18 km. This e-CVT was super smooth. The Kushaq 1.0 AT was the best to drive. And 2nd best is this e-CVT hybrid. 3rd was Scorpio N petrol.

At present I am in Bangladesh, and we have many Toyota and Honda hybrid cars for our site commutes. They run very smooth on sand surface, though at lower speed only (20-30 kmph max).
RijuC is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 22:12   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Just completed PDI...

I am planning to get Ceramic Coating (quoted at 25.2 K) and Underbody cover (Coated at 5K with 10 visits covered).

The current picture does not do justice to the Dual Tone version. The car was very dirty (albeit silver color does hide the dirt )
----------------------
At the outset congrats & happy-safe driving! What was the waiting period?

If i may mention, i would strongly suggest you save the 26k for other accessories like a badly-needed, much-better sounding horn, air-ioniser/cleaner, sliding-down window shades..etc.

Ceramic coating is a recent fad among the ignorant. Hope you aware that while the car indeed looks very glossy, within a few months you will end-up going to the applicator again! What's more while scratches will stand-out & be much more noticable, you cannot even wax-polish on the treated surface!

Well, if you really want super-glossy looks, go for PPF. But remember this ultimate protection film/layer (costs around 1.15 lakhs for entire SUV) lasts for max 3 to 5 years.

Finally, pls note that you cant do any quick-fix touch-up on any ceramic-treated car.

Hope this helps.
(Typing this from my mobile)
Prakash Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 22:56   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I am not a senior BHPian.

I personally have Scorpio N Diesel 6 speed AT booking intact (cancelled the petrol, bad decision since I am located in NCR). Also test drove Tata Harrier AT, XL6 & Brezza AT, Creta CVT, Kushaq 1.0 AT and all new Grand Vitara and Hyryder e-CVT recently. The test drive in Grand Vitara Hybrid e-CVT drive was about 18 km. This e-CVT was super smooth. The Kushaq 1.0 AT was the best to drive. And 2nd best is this e-CVT hybrid. 3rd was Scorpio N petrol.

You seem to be on similar boat as I am. By the way could you please let me know which showroom in NCR provided you with 18kms test ride. Here in Noida Nexa showrooms didn't have Hybrid test vehicles and Toyota ones are allowing only 5/6kms of test ride that too on small arterial roads only. I would like to try my luck in the same showroom which allowed you 18kms of ride. That would settle things for me
. Thanks
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:53   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Rao View Post
----------------------
At the outset congrats & happy-safe driving! What was the waiting period?

If i may mention, i would strongly suggest you save the 26k for other accessories like a badly-needed, much-better sounding horn, air-ioniser/cleaner, sliding-down window shades..etc.

Ceramic coating is a recent fad among the ignorant. Hope you aware that while the car indeed looks very glossy, within a few months you will end-up going to the applicator again! What's more while scratches will stand-out & be much more noticable, you cannot even wax-polish on the treated surface!

Well, if you really want super-glossy looks, go for PPF. But remember this ultimate protection film/layer (costs around 1.15 lakhs for entire SUV) lasts for max 3 to 5 years.

Finally, pls note that you cant do any quick-fix touch-up on any ceramic-treated car.

Hope this helps.
(Typing this from my mobile)
Thanks for the wishes. I booked on 30th June so definitely had to wait a lot.
Ceramic coating- I have done that on my previous cars and so have my friends and none of us faced any issues.
Accessories- Sun shades at the dealer did not appeal to me. I may get it from outside. The brochure says the car has PM 2.5 filter already built-in so hope that should work.
Old 30th November 2022, 11:06   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Just completed PDI of my silver knight. The vehicle only had 9.7 Km on the odometer and the car felt flawless (Silver DT looks like a beauty )

However, noticed two software issues- The wireless charging was not working and TPMS was not showing any figures. They have promised to rectify both issues. Have set the delivery date as Friday.
Congratulations!
From my experience with the car, the TPMS begins to work once you've driven about a km. The wireless charger does not work in specific situations - such as when a door is open. Perhaps check when you're on the move.

Quote:
I have few questions from senior BHPians.

2. Second thing I want to know is regarding "Engine braking". I really use engine braking a lot in my manual car and in Automatic we can use engine braking by using Paddle shifters or manual mode. But in Hyryder both are missing so how to employ engine braking without these. How do people driving electric vehicles employ engine braking when there is no engine. Does not having an engine braking makes it Safety hazard? In Hyryder there is a "B mode" which as per salesman is to be used when on downward slopes to slow car speed. Can we use this Bmode for engine braking?

Oh just forgot to add that I am interested in petrol only. No diesel as I stay in Delhi NCR
There is very limited rubberband effect in the Hyryder / Grand Vitara. It's a pretty comfortable car to drive. The B mode replicates the effect of engine braking in that it keeps the car in a lower gear, also charging up the battery. Use it when you're driving down a slope, but not necessarily in the city.

Quote:
You seem to be on similar boat as I am. By the way could you please let me know which showroom in NCR provided you with 18kms test ride. Here in Noida Nexa showrooms didn't have Hybrid test vehicles and Toyota ones are allowing only 5/6kms of test ride that too on small arterial roads only. I would like to try my luck in the same showroom which allowed you 18kms of ride. That would settle things for me
. Thanks
Once it was clear that we were serious about purchasing, Galaxy Toyota in Lajpat Nagar obliged us with a long test drive. See if that works?
sukrit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 11:13   #696
BHPian

I booked on 24th July.
Yesterday I called up my SA to check on the status of my booking. He said that he had resigned yesterday only. Kind of disappointed that I wasn't told about it or assigned a new SA to handle my booking.

Anyway I visited the dealer on my way home in the evening and they told me that my fulfilment period is here and that they can place an order for the car whenever I wanted. Again, I wasn't told about it until I asked.

I insisted on a 2023 registration, so long story short, I'll be taking my delivery on 2nd January.
What an amazing way to kick off New Years, right?

I plan to write a post about it comparing it to my Honda City and Fortuner
Old 1st December 2022, 12:12   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
In addition, would also like to hear on best practices on how to get the battery charge up to the max quicker.
Would appreciate on what the owners have to say on this. Been reading a lot about how it doesn’t go up more than 2 bars unless you’re on the highway. I even noticed the same when I test drove the vehicle twice. It was always on 2 bars.

1) Is this normal?
2) Is there a better way to charge it up whilst in the city?
3) Does it even matter to have it charged all the way up since you end up getting the same mileage anyways?
Old 1st December 2022, 12:29   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Would appreciate on what the owners have to say on this. Been reading a lot about how it doesn’t go up more than 2 bars unless you’re on the highway. I even noticed the same when I test drove the vehicle twice. It was always on 2 bars.

1) Is this normal?
3) Does it even matter to have it charged all the way up since you end up getting the same mileage anyways?
The car is usually between 1-3, and most often at 2 so I guess it is normal. For the first few days, I tried to get it to charge up, but I realised that it probably doesn't matter much. The car stays on EV mode as long as you're light on the throttle, which I admittedly find somewhat difficult to do. A workaround in the city is to keep the car on Eco mode. When in Eco mode, I find that it drives reasonably well in most city situations and the engine is less eager to kick in!
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:45   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Awaiting a resolution for the same from Toyota in warranty
Got a call from my Service Centre that this has been approved & will be replaced under Warranty, Will get this job done in the next service as the car has already about 2700 kms on the odometer
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:00   #700
BHPian

Any update on if dispatches have started again from the toyota plant?
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:48   #701
BHPian

No they are yet to start as per my dealer. I am told deliveries will start end Dec
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 13:04   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
Any update on if dispatches have started again from the toyota plant?

Cannot help but say this, knowing toyota and past trends I expect them to start deliveries along with a sudden and hefty price hike due to *ahem* increase in international raw material prices.
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:47   #703
BHPian

The recent new of Maruti cars getting costlier seems to point towards a hike for toyota as well.
Old 4th December 2022, 06:49   #704
BHPian

Quote:
1) Is this normal?
1) Yes, it is normal
2) The charge does go all the way up when you drive it for sometime at a stretch (e.g. 10 -15Kms) at a constant speed. I noticed it happen 2 - 3 times during rides.
3) No, it doesn't matter. The car decides on the charging and discharging and you do get a great mileage.

Note: Odometer: 500km till date

Last edited by OpenRoads : 4th December 2022 at 06:51.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 18:11   #705
BHPian

Strangely there have been no official reports for recall of the car nor information about seat belt issue in any other forum. Yet this is the same explanation that is being offered to every one. Frustrating

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks