Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 21:15   #706
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Strangely there have been no official reports for recall of the car nor information about seat belt issue in any other forum. Yet this is the same explanation that is being offered to every one. Frustrating
This is weird and I feel this is not consistent on Toyota's part. I took my delivery on Friday (Did PDI on Tuesday). I was told last weekend that billing has resumed and hence I got my delivery.
Will share my review soon.
Old 4th December 2022, 23:27   #707
BHPian

Did the PDI as per team bhp list on Wednesday and took the delivery on Friday evening. As of Sunday evening, odometer reads 150 km .

1. Fuel efficiency is 20 kmpl , all City, AC on all time, all in normal mode.

2. Tpms says 325 kpa , while recommended is 230 kpa. Toyota dealer should have ensured recommended tyre pressure at time of delivery

3. Battery refused to go above 2 bars.

4. I have put in DDpai nola n3 pro GPS dual dash cam , which can be assessed via wifi . Problem is, phone is connected to HU via Android Auto - which requires both wifi and Bluetooth.

Only way around to access footage stored in dash cam wireless ly which i could found, is to switch off HU AND force stop Android Auto app in phone. Because If app is running on phone, it overides your attempt to connect wifi network of dash cam and switches on the HU !

5. If you have previously accessed dash cam by force stopping Android Auto app in phone, at next " ignition on " instance (whenever you switch on the vehicle next) , Android Auto refuses to connect to HU !

6. Drivability is good. NVH levels are NOT harsh, you can get used to it - sound is like a background humm when engine comes on. Rest of the time, it's nicely quite.

Last edited by baarish84 : 4th December 2022 at 23:30.
baarish84 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 11:39   #708

Hi, I am new to Team BHP and this is my first post here.

I really liked the car and felt it is VFM, went ahead and booked Hyryder Neodrive (as the car will be in use rarely and mostly on highways) and ever since have been in double mind on my choice. I feel the panels are very flimsy and with a finger poke I could see it go in and out very easily, after this I have checked several other cars but none to my surprise was as bad as the Hyryder & Grand Vitara . Since, I stay in an apartment with congested parking space and also that the car will be driven in city by my wife only I am worried. Have anyone else experienced the same? Is this to be worried and change my decision?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2022, 16:26   #709
BHPian

Hello All,

I finally got the delivery of my Silver Knight

Delivery Day

The formalities were mostly done during PDI so delivery was a breeze. It took me an hour to reinspect and take a demo from the salesperson on the car.

Dealer added 5 Lt of petrol on the car so did not have to rush to Petrol pump (Although I did venture anyway).

Initial Review

The car is extremely silent. Coming from a diesel vehicle (Duster), I was pleasantly surprised on how silent the cars can be. Even my swift petrol is not this silent.

Fuel Economy
The car always tries to be on EV mode (Eco mode) and with light foot (so far), I am easily hitting 27+ Fuel economy.

Acceleration
Tried all modes. Even in eco-mode it does move very quickly off the block. Amazing for a city ride. Have not pushed it beyond 80 Kmph but no complaints on its pickup

NVH
No complaints so far. Have not done a highway run so will update on this topic.

Road Presence

The car looks dashing. Looks grand on the outside and is well proportioned. On the exterior, you do feel the money is well spent.

Interiors
Could have been better. However coming from Duster, this was still an upgrade. One thing which bums me out are the driver side window pane buttons. They are not lit at night (Except auto button for windows) and gives total cheap Maruti feel. Cost cutting done at worst possible place.
Front seats are comfortable but I believe for some of the oversized adults, the bucket seats may not be perfect
Rear seats- Biggest issue is the rear bump. Had that been better managed the space would have been adequate. Currently only 2 adults and a child can manage.

Media Center +HUD

Android Auto and Apple car play works seamlessly and the screen is lag free which is pleasant.
GPS with Android Auto gave me directions on my HUD as well as Tachometer. I am happy with the navigation feature on the HUD.

Auto AC +Ventilated seats

AC is effective (Although we are hitting winter in Delhi) and hope it will take care of thin sheet for sunroof.
Ventilated seats are a blessing in scorching Delhi heat during summer season.

Overall Verdict

There has been a lot of confusion created over the car and its practicality. However, unless boot is a major concern (It is doable for weekend trips), the car looks and drives very well. You will not be disappointed
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img20221202wa0004.jpg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20221202_131348.jpg  

smilingakash is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 17:53   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vny_MM View Post
I feel the panels are very flimsy and with a finger poke I could see it go in and out very easily, after this I have checked several other cars but none to my surprise was as bad as the Hyryder & Grand Vitara
Welcome to the forum. This is the one reason preventing me from going ahead with the car allocated to me.

While it is clear that the Hyryder is based on the Suzuki global TECT platform and should do well in safety tests, the doors panels don't inspire confidence. While they are thick, the panels appear to be layered with flexible plastic and take multiple attempts to close

Just for the perspective, I had a chance to drive the MG Astor CVT, and while the drive wasn't impressive, the build quality feels rock solid.
pannags is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 19:53   #711
BHPian

So, I don't know if this is the right place, but I had double booked the Hyryder in White Strong Hybrid V varient and am getting delivery from both dealerships.

I am taking delivery of only 1 and have a spare booking which i will have to cancel.

In case anyone wants the car and if the showroom permits, i can transfer instead of cancelling the booking.

Dealership: Madhuban Toyota, Lower Parel
Old 6th December 2022, 23:07   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vny_MM View Post
Hi, I am new to Team BHP and this is my first post here.

Is this to be worried and change my decision?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Team-bhp !

I have noticed the quality issues in Hyrider same as you and I think its doesn't fit to have that T badge ! (same applies to Glanza). Coming from Hyundai its difficult for me to convince myself to put my money on this otherwise good product in hybrid form.

peace
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 09:19   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
So, I don't know if this is the right place, but I had double booked the Hyryder in White Strong Hybrid V varient and am getting delivery from both dealerships.

I am taking delivery of only 1 and have a spare booking which i will have to cancel.

In case anyone wants the car and if the showroom permits, i can transfer instead of cancelling the booking.

Dealership: Madhuban Toyota, Lower Parel
Can you hold on for a couple of days, I am supposed to get to know today if my booking is to be allotted this month. If not, I would definitely like to change to yours. Coincidentally, my booking is also with Madhuban.
Old 7th December 2022, 09:34   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Can you hold on for a couple of days, I am supposed to get to know today if my booking is to be allotted this month. If not, I would definitely like to change to yours. Coincidentally, my booking is also with Madhuban.
I have told them I will close on this today. I will tell them to hold if possible.
Old 7th December 2022, 13:33   #715
BHPian

Quote:
I have told them I will close on this today. I will tell them to hold if possible.
So, I spoke with the dealership and they said, we cannot skip the queue. Unfortunately that means, we cannot transfer. I will have to cancel the booking.
Old 7th December 2022, 14:17   #716
BHPian

Quote:
So, I spoke with the dealership... cancel the booking.
Ah, let's hope my booking comes through. Thanks anyway.
Old 7th December 2022, 14:21   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Ah, let's hope my booking comes through. Thanks anyway.
It seems that factory dispatches have begun once again, after the delay due to some seatbelt issue. Dealers have received allocations all of a sudden, so you might get yours too.

I got my G Hybrid last week, a little over a month after booking, from Madhuban Toyota, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
Old 7th December 2022, 15:45   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I got my G Hybrid last week.
I have a question for you since you went with the G hybrid. Are you okay missing out on the few key features like ventilated leather seats and 360 cam etc? Have you tried to change anything or wish you'd have went with the Top V variant?
Old 7th December 2022, 18:44   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
I have a question for you since you went with the G hybrid. Are you okay missing out on the few key features like ventilated leather seats and 360 cam etc? Have you tried to change anything or wish you'd have went with the Top V variant?
Honestly, ventilated seats would have been good to have, but I wasn't prepared to spend about Rs 2 lakh more for the V, since the G variant satisfies all my needs.

What I do wish the Hyryder had is better sounding speakers - these just don't make the cut. And I know that the V's setup is slightly better than the G's, but it is still nowhere near Kia's or Hyundai's Bose speakers and far from MG Hector's Infinity system.

In short, do I regret buying a G over a V? Not at all!
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 19:42   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It seems that factory dispatches have begun once again, after the delay due to some seatbelt issue. Dealers have received allocations all of a sudden, so you might get yours too.

I got my G Hybrid last week, a little over a month after booking, from Madhuban Toyota, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
Congratulations. My dealer still tells me that dispatch hasn’t started. I booked end October and no clarity on delivery. Dealers in Pune are claiming over 5 month’s waiting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks