Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2023, 13:03   #841
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Would anyone be aware if the 9 inch infotainment unit from the G & V variants can be installed in the S variant?

Considering it’s only the size of the screen which is different, I’m assuming the wiring should more or less be the same.
Old 7th January 2023, 21:32   #842
BHPian

Urgent Query - Year of Manufacture

Have just been alloted a cafe white G variant, and given the engine number and chassis number, but can't make out the manufacturing year. If someone can please advise. Is this some new gimmick to clear year end stock.

M15DNA28951

MBJUYMM1SPA109476

Thanks.
Old 7th January 2023, 22:04   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post

Urgent Query - Year of Manufacture

Have just been alloted a cafe white G variant, and given the engine number and chassis number, but can't make out the manufacturing year. If someone can please advise. Is this some new gimmick to clear year end stock.

M15DNA28951

MBJUYMM1SPA109476

Thanks.
10th character is a P which stands for 2023 and 11th is an A which stands for Jan
teknophobia is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 22:31   #844
BHPian

i would be getting my delivery of strong hrybrid soon, the showroom is giving some extra insurance specific for the hybrid battery for about 3490Rs, is it worth to take it?
Old 8th January 2023, 00:19   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I had a feeling that this thing can deliver impressive FE even on highways. Whenever you let off the accelerator and start coasting, the car would jump to EV mode. I don't know what the average speed was, but these figures are very difficult to achieve even in 1.0/1.2L tiny hatchback.
I have driven my Speedy Blue Hyryder G for 1650 km since delivery (9th dec) and did a trip from Noida to Pushkar and back, getting an average of 28.5 (tank full to tank full at same pump/machine) for city driving and 27.5 for the highway trip. My Creta 1.6 SX (auto) 2016 Petrol used to give me 10-11 in the city and 14-15 on highways for the same driving style. I do feel the hyryder is very fuel efficient and fun enough to drive. My Average speeds for the highway trip were 80-100 and did not drive her to maximize the efficiency.
Writer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 00:26   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
It started in the first minute I took the car out from the showroom and my heart sank thinking I've been given a dud, I even lost sleep over this. Saw some Toyota hybrid troubleshooting videos suggesting it could be misfiring spark plugs, blown head gasket or worn out timing belt, etc. Literally an equivalent to googling your headache and being told you've got a brain tumor. (chances are low but never zero)

I had it checked at the service centre this morning and they confirmed that it's present in all Hyryder Hybrids, even the Camry/Velfire but not as loud.
Since then I've made my peace with it. It's an unsettling sound but I could ignore it after driving it for an hour, not that I have a choice anymore, and I think it has also broken in a bit since then so maybe that has something to do with it.

I've seen and read a lot of reviews on YT and TBHP and I was aware of what the manual says but none of what it says can accurately describe this sound or make sure you're ready for what you're going to hear.
It sounds as if it's coming from a generator of some sort that can be specifically triggered when front defogger is turned on and in park position which also cranks the engine (as it should), that's when the car starts rumbling like a diesel generator as it's trying to charge the EV battery before switching to it. Maybe the cold wave of Delhi has something to do with it.

I'm astounded that no one has specifically pointed this out in their reviews/observations. It does not sound normal to a new user, it's not at all hard to miss and it's really not that subtle because it even makes the floor vibrate.
For someone who notices even the slightest of rattle or wind noise seeping through, It's more annoying than the front doors not closing and the wireless charger asking to realign. Perhaps a heads up would've been nice.
That being said, my disappointment is immeasurable and it is unacceptable.

I will update about this in my own review coming up after the next refuel day.
Hi, Can I ask if you had the front windshield defogger on, if you do it after starting the car the engine tends to rev up and also remain on even if the battery is at 2 bars and takes a good while before engine switches off and EV takes over.
Old 8th January 2023, 00:29   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
i would be getting my delivery of strong hrybrid soon, the showroom is giving some extra insurance specific for the hybrid battery for about 3490Rs, is it worth to take it?
Interesting, for me it was baked into the dealer policy, but then the cost was around 58k so it's probably just a way of packaging things. How much is the dealer policy they are quoting?
Old 8th January 2023, 07:20   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
Interesting, for me it was baked into the dealer policy, but then the cost was around 58k so it's probably just a way of packaging things. How much is the dealer policy they are quoting?
Dealership is quoting 66k with all add-ons plus the extra battery insurance for 3490₹. I am getting the insurance for 60k all inclusive from them. Since it is also 0dep, not sure how additional battery insurance would help.
Old 8th January 2023, 08:47   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Would anyone be aware if the 9 inch infotainment unit from the G & V variants can be installed in the S variant?

Considering it’s only the size of the screen which is different, I’m assuming the wiring should more or less be the same.
You can get aftermarket systems of same size, many videos on YouTube about this update.
Old 8th January 2023, 09:57   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer View Post
Hi, Can I ask if you had the front windshield defogger on, if you do it after starting the car the engine tends to rev up and also remain on even if the battery is at 2 bars and takes a good while before engine switches off and EV takes over.
I've done 290kms now. ODO mileage 20.2km/L and rising.
The sound from generator is now much lower but noticable during cold starts and gets quieter as you drive.

Yes, I have observed that the engine stays on for a good while even without the defogger on If you've cold started the car early in the morning. It takes about 15-20 minutes for the temperature guage to reach optimal temps, and in that while, the EV battery gets fully charged and warmed up and you can hear snapping/clanking noises which Toyota has described as normal.

If you're starting up that car a few hours later the car will turn on the engine to warm up but it will only charge the battery up to 2 bars.

One way I found to forcefully bring it to use the battery is to restart the car on a stop light. So if you have 2 or more bars it will switch to EV mode quicker. I think it's better to let it do what it wants to.
Old 8th January 2023, 11:56   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Dealership is quoting 66k with all add-ons plus the extra battery insurance for 3490₹. I am getting the insurance for 60k all inclusive from them. Since it is also 0dep, not sure how additional battery insurance would help.
I got it all for 62k odd, and then after some discussion the dealer gave me another 4k off from the overall price (insurance still shows as 62k on the invoice). As to how would the extra battery insurance really help since insurance is 0 dep and there's an 8 year warranty on the battery, nobody could really explain it, just went with it hoping it will be of some value.
Old 8th January 2023, 14:14   #852
BHPian

Quote:
You can get aftermarket systems of same size, many videos on YouTube about this update.
Thanks but the problem with the aftermarket systems is that it’s not factory fitted. There are 2 types fitted by Toyota one of which is not compatible with Apple and the other looks too cartoonish which are installed on too many Etios cabs. Not something I want.

Another reason is that the energy flow will not show in the aftermarket systems. I do realise that the energy flow will also show on the MID but I prefer it to be on the infotainment screen instead.

I really don’t think it should be a big deal by Toyota to get this done, but what from I hear, I’m the first to enquire about this. As of now, I’ve asked my SA to check with the plant directly. Hopefully they’ll come back with some good news soon.
Old 8th January 2023, 14:43   #853

I finally pulled the plug on my Hyryder strong hybrid purchase owing to the horrible sales experience I experienced with Ravindu Toyota Rajajinagar Bangalore.

I pre booked the vehicle on 20th July 2022 via Toyotas website post confirming with the helpline that I would be able to cancel for a full refund if I am not happy post test drive.
The next day I got a call from a sales executive at Ravindu Toyota, I asked to provide details of my booking. Strangely enough the booking experience was weird, I did not receive a booking reference number and no way to track my booking status online.

There was then radio silence with regards to the launch and availability of the car for a test drive for the next couple of months.

On 3rd Oct I received a message from the sales representative stating that the car would be unveiled in the showroom and that I could visit them for a Test drive. I booked a time slot with the sales representative and went to the showroom to check the vehicle out.
My wife and I were made to wait for an hour and a half , without even being offered a bottle of water or being explained anything about the car on the shop floor. There was utter chaos with the test drives with people randomly jumping the line. I had to go find the sales representative and follow up multiple times to get the vehicle for a test drive.

I finally managed to get the car for the test drive and by this time there were many disgruntled customers owing to the horrible management from Team Ravindu. owing to this I was allowed to drive the car for less than 0.5 kms. My wife was annoyed and the whole experience left a sour note, so much so that she hated the vehicle.

I reached out to the CRM and outlined my experience post which they sent the vehicle home for a longer test drive. This test drive went well and I was convinced on buying the car. I was promised delivery by 1st week of Oct 2023.

Once again there was radio silence from the dealership, I followed up 2nd week of Oct and was told I had to wait till Nov 1st week which then was revised to Dec 1st week. I followed up again this time I was told that they could allot a red V strong hybrid variant instead of my ordered dual tone red and black variant. the horrible sales person was recommending that I take delivery of the single tone Red variant and have it wrapped
black. Their accounts team started hounding me with calls to obtain a loan from their guy even after I declined stating I had a prequalified loan and didn't need their services. Especially when they didn't even have a vehicle allotted.

I finally decided that I didn't want to do any business with them any more and decided to cancel my booking. To cancel I was asked to go in person to the dealership and provide a letter and a cancelled cheque. I printed a letter at home and signed it and took it to the dealer who was now demanding that I hand write the letter instead of providing them with the one I had typed and taken print out off. I asked the sales rep to take a hike and asked him to process the refund.

I will never ever do business with Ravindu Toyota ever!
ZSFury is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 15:18   #854
BHPian

Quote:
I have acquired the genuine accessories list for the Hyryder.

Attachment 2360826

Attachment 2360825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Thanks but the problem with the aftermarket systems is that it’s not factory fitted.
I had posted this before a while ago if this helps
tjsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 17:21   #855
BHPian

Quote:
I had posted this before a while ago if this helps
So these accessories were what I was referring to in my post. One of them is a Blaupunkt which is not compatible with Apple CarPlay and the other is what is commonly installed in other Toyota vehicles. Both are bigger screens but do not have the energy flow depicted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks