Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2023, 17:42   #856
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousElf View Post
  1. The voice activation activates itself without any input. Once in a while is understandable but happens at least twice in my office commute. It is super annoying
  2. People can hardly hear my voice when speaking on carplay. I have to be shouting at the top of my voice to be heard.
  3. Carplay disconnects at the exact location every day. For folks from BLR - this is while I am crawling upwards in traffic at the Marathahalli flyover on the east
    bound carriageway towards HAL. This does not happen anywhere else. Not even on the same flyover when I am on the other side - usually there is no traffic and I mostly zoom through when driving west bound. I understand there might be some kind of interference but the problems is that once it disconnects - it simply refuses to pair with the phone again. I even tried turning off the car while waiting for the traffic to move ahead and tried pairing it but to no avail. It only connects after a complete shut off and some time has passed.
  4. Someone has mentioned this on a previous post - google maps has a weird offset from your actual location (this doesn't happen everywhere). I have seen it happening in the Varthur road between Jagriti theater and the Kundalahalli underpass. Happened multiple times and not a one off incident. The irritating part is that google maps is constantly trying to re-route. My understanding was that CarPlay works on screen projection and it should be using my phone's location but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Got a call from my SA at Nandi yesterday. They said they are still working with Toyota's technical team. According to him, they said there are complaints from every dealership in India on the GPS issues. He mentioned they might replace/repair the GPS sensors. The other HUD issues are also being looked into.

The issue with my microphone where my voice sounds muffled to people on the phone is not a very commonly reported issue but there are a minority who have reported it. There was no ETA given though as to when a fix would be available
Old 8th January 2023, 19:14   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousElf View Post
Its been 200 km and close to 2 weeks of bringing the Hyryder home (Enticing Silver Dual Tone V). Might get around to making a longer post on the whole process and experience.
Attachment 2392084
I’ve booked my G variant with Nandi as well (Banaswadi branch). I am expecting to receive my car in a couple of weeks. Wanted to check who your SA was and how was your delivery experience. Anything to watch out for? Did you manage to get any discounts or free accessories?
Old 8th January 2023, 23:15   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
I’ve booked my G variant with Nandi as well (Banaswadi branch). I am expecting to receive my car in a couple of weeks. Wanted to check who your SA was and how was your delivery experience. Anything to watch out for? Did you manage to get any discounts or free accessories?
Going by experience with Nandi Whitefield, please ensure to do a PDI, and again do an inspection on delivery date before you sign any delivery forms. My car had a deep scratch on delivery day that wasn't there on PDI so now waiting on them to repaint the panel. As of now they are not offering any discounts to compensate for the hours I was left waiting on Friday apart from the fact they are now giving me a car that has a repainted panel, before they could figure out what to do to get it fixed.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 00:38   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSFury View Post
Their accounts team started hounding me with calls to obtain a loan from their guy even after I declined stating I had a prequalified loan and didn't need their services. Especially when they didn't even have a vehicle allotted.
Thanks for sharing your experience. The product is priced on the higher side and these experiences drive away potential customers.

I am beginning to get the same kind of sales experience from Viva Toyota as well, with asks for documentation that I have never had to provide for any of my other cars, if I choose to go for external finance options.
I will probably go down the same route of cancelling my booking as well if this persists.

Disappointing that the pre sales experience has been like this and it sure does not inspire confidence in the post sales experience to come.
Old 9th January 2023, 14:08   #860
BHPian

My own review Titled The Ultimate Daily | Toyota Hyryder vs Toyota Fortuner vs Honda City is up.
tjsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 15:43   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. The product is priced on the higher side and these experiences drive away potential customers.

I am beginning to get the same kind of sales experience from Viva Toyota as well, with asks for documentation that I have never had to provide for any of my other cars, if I choose to go for external finance options.
I will probably go down the same route of cancelling my booking as well if this persists.

Disappointing that the pre sales experience has been like this and it sure does not inspire confidence in the post sales experience to come.
I would agree with you it is surprising to read, other Toyota dealers are behaving similarly. I used to own a Toyota corolla a while back in the US and I had gone in for an oil change, i was promised my car would be ready by 11:30 a.m. The service advisor come back to me at 11:35 with my car keys , says my car was ready but the apologized saying they went over the quoted time and said the services was free for that reason!

While that is one extreme the situation here seems to be the other end of the spectrum with dealerships not caring for customers just because they have demand. A lot of them tend to put up with such behavior just so that they can get their vehicles.
Old 9th January 2023, 20:11   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
I booked in Nandi Queens Road branch. Had an excellent delivery experience. My SA Jithu was accommodating and didn't really push any extras. It is Toyota and a new model so expecting discounts would be too optimistic .

I got my own insurance. The chap who was managing the finance/insurance told me about how other insurers make you wait but the package from Toyota would be totally cashless. That sounded a bit..weird. All it took was a call to Nandi's service centre where they put me through to the service in-charge. They confirmed as long as its not a PSU like New India, Oriental etc. - it is all cashless. The SA didn't push much either after that.

There was some mandatory accessories of 4400 in the demand note for payment. I never sent it to them and they didn't pursue.

They did throw in free floor mats and mudguards without asking - so that was nice.

I requested a PDI and got the VIN beforehand. Once the manufacturing month was confirmed - the car was sent from the Banaswadi centre to Queens road for me to inspect. It was only after the PDI that I sent the payment.

Overall good experience at the Queens Road branch - will recommend.

Last edited by curiousElf : 9th January 2023 at 20:11. Reason: Grammar
curiousElf is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 20:44   #863
BHPian

i wanted to check on the below points, thanks in advance -
1. does the car come with esim for the connectivity feature? anyone aware which company esim like seltos has vodafone connection, astor has jio, kushaq gets jio dongle.

2. how are the apollo tyres that come fitted interms with road noise and softness?

3. has anyone got extra film added on the sunroof as i think it already has the uv cut glass on sunroof too.
Old 12th January 2023, 00:46   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
Even though all was well during PDI, unfortunately delivery day has been terrible at Nandi Whitefield.

Found one deep scratch on the back quarter panel and the cladding below, and small scratches on bonnet and front bumper of the car. They are saying they will repaint the quarter panel and the cladding and do overall detailing on the other areas and give it back, but just to arrive at this it took almost 4 hrs of us sitting hungry and waiting and trying to escalate.
Thankfully, today after a bunch of follow ups since Friday, I got the delivery of my car (Blue V variant Hybrid) - they repainted the scratched panel, looks identical to the factory finish (I'm sure a more discerning eye would be able to identify, thankfully I can't ), the Fibre cladding has been replaced and rest of the car was detailed. They threw in a decent discount on the accessories availed (side step, door edge guard, door sill light, and sunroof film) to make up for botching up the delivery. A full tank of petrol was fed to the car, and she's finally home now. Looking forward to getting the puja done at a temple tomorrow and some weekend rides to run the car in, and to get used to the dimensions of the car, coming from a Polo. All's well that ends well I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-photogrid_plus_1673464508222.jpg  

IonHawk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 01:51   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
i wanted to check on the below points, thanks in advance -
1. does the car come with esim for the connectivity feature? anyone aware which company esim like seltos has vodafone connection, astor has jio, kushaq gets jio dongle.

2. how are the apollo tyres that come fitted interms with road noise and softness?

3. has anyone got extra film added on the sunroof as i think it already has the uv cut glass on sunroof too.
Not totally sure about the esim but I'm guessing yes. All the smart features are part of a 3 year membership I think. Not exactly sure how much it costs post that.

I have driven just around 60 odd km after delivery so can't say for sure how the tyres are. Maybe some of the others who have had the car longer can comment.

I got the sunfilm installed on the sunroof, honestly I still feel a lot of sun comes through post this also, but with the sunroof cover on its been bearable, it's very early days for me though. So maybe get the car, drive it for a bit and then decide if you want the sunfilm on the sunroof.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 08:36   #866
BHPian

Has anyone tried blacking out all the chrome on their Hyryder? I'm definitely going to get the rear done on mine but I'm not sure about the front.
Old 14th January 2023, 17:54   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Has anyone tried blacking out all the chrome on their Hyryder? I'm definitely going to get the rear done on mine but I'm not sure about the front.
I plan to get the chrome between drls blackened and may try red wrap on the small plastic panel on C pillar between the roof and the body.
Old 15th January 2023, 15:43   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
Went and did the PDI of the Blue V variant car that is being allotted to me. Everything seems in order, didn't see any fit or finish issues, the electronics seem to be working well, 16km as of now on the ODO, and the 17 digit VIN (this surprised me since everywhere I was checking it mentioned Toyota has 22 digit VIN) was decoded to show a November 2022 manufacturing date so I gave the go ahead and went to the bank to complete the loan formalities. Should get the delivery by weekend or next week, based on RTO timings. Excited!
Are you getting it for new price as of 2023 or with old price
Old 15th January 2023, 17:41   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralags View Post
Are you getting it for new price as of 2023 or with old price
There is no price hike announced for Hyryder yet.
aks812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 20:34   #870
BHPian

Does Toyota have the boot mat for strong hybrid? Nexa does not seem to have one for the strong hybrid version. The mat of the mild hybrid does not seem to fit the strong hybrid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks