Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 10:34   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I understand you but, it's exactly what I am curious to know-

Any source of this information?

We all know, blending with Ethanol increases Octane so can XP95 has even higher content of Ethanol?
We have a fuel bunk in the family, the information is firsthand. Also, someone got a confirmation tweet from IOCL regarding ethanol content of XP95, which they had confirmed as 10%. Screenshot of the same was shared somewhere on this forum.

Ultimately, this entire exercise of ethanol blending is the government pandering to the sugar lobby. We as car owners want fuel with the least milawat. That, as of today, happens to be XP95.

HPCL’s 100octane petrol which sells at 170odd rupees a liter is supposed to be ethanol free. But it’s price makes it irreverent for 99.9% users.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 10:55   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Also, someone got a confirmation tweet from IOCL regarding ethanol content of XP95, which they had confirmed as 10%
So its settled then,

Indian Oil XP95 has 10% ethanol blend.

Indian Oil Normal Petrol has higher ethanol blend than what XP95 already has, maybe in the range of 12% ~ 15%.

If the above statement is correct, I will start using XP95 instead of normal petrol going forward. Less ethanol blend = Happy engine

Last edited by OpenRoads : 10th April 2023 at 10:57.
OpenRoads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:02   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder waiting period extends up to 20 months

According to a media report, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder now commands a waiting period of up to 20 months.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-2022toyotaurbancruiserhyryder05.jpg

The Urban Cruiser Hyryder was launched in September last year. The SUV is available in mild-hybrid and strong-hybrid powertrains. The waiting period for the 'Neo Drive' variants is said to be around 7 months, while customers of the hybrid variants will have to wait for up to 20 months from the day of booking.

The Urban Cruiser Hyryder shares its underpinnings with the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara. It is available with a 1.5-litre mild-hybrid and a 1.5-litre strong-hybrid powertrain that makes 91 BHP and 122 Nm. The ICE is paired with an electric motor that has an output of 78 BHP and 141 Nm.

The Innova Crysta and Innova Hycross are also said to have a long waiting period. Customers of the Innova Crysta will have to wait around 16 weeks for delivery, while those opting for the Hycross can expect deliveries only after 26 months.

Meanwhile, Toyota stopped taking bookings for the top variants of the Innova Hycross last week. It is said to be a temporarily halt caused by supply chain issues.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:39   #1054
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder waiting period extends up to 20 months

Interesting!! Waiting period is so high but yet we do not see so many Hyryder's on the road.
I got mine in December and still have that unique feel on the road so cannot complain
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 19:26   #1055
BHPian

This is truly surprising. I recently spoke to the Nexa dealership in Kochi and he said the wait periods are about 2 months for the hybrid although people have gotten delivery earlier.

Is Toyota making more vitaras than hyryders? Why so?

Toyota is known for its hybrids. But they seem to be giving the wrong image unless everyone wants to follow the thar and scorpio N footsteps.
Old 11th April 2023, 08:56   #1056

Kudos to Toyota India.A few years ago they seem to have relied only on Innova sales for survival.
Their long term strategy has started to pay dividends for their game in India
Old 11th April 2023, 10:43   #1057
BHPian

Yesterday (Sunday) I went to Nandi Toyota at Whitefield and they did not even have a Hyryder on display at their showroom. It gave an impression of step-motherly treatment from Toyota to Hyryder. The SAs seemed to be only interested in customers checking out the Innova Hycross. Perhaps, just one of those days, but left me feeling .
Masda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:58   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to a media report, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder now commands a waiting period of up to 20 months.
I test drove the Hyryder (Strong Hybrid) last week and was shocked when the sales advisor mentioned that current wait times for the V Hybrid variant are about 23 - 24 months. However, he hopes this will come down as supply issues are sorted out in due course. But he didn't expect the wait time to come below a year!

With such long wait times, one can be forgiven for forgetting that they have even booked a vehicle!
Old 13th April 2023, 12:07   #1059

How much time did it take for you to get delivery? We had made a booking for Strong Hybrid G version with a token amount on 1st Nov 2022 in Pune. We were told to expect delivery around Feb, which moved to March, then April, and now there is no update. I know new bookings have over a year of waiting- but we have moved from 3 months to 6 months to indefinite now.

Hence checking with others what their experience is
Old 13th April 2023, 12:17   #1060
BHPian

Hi All. Completed 6500 Kms since purchasing in Dec'22. Average drive is 1500 Kms per month with weekly drive Mum-Pune-Mum with my office being in Mumbai and residence in Pune.

Average I get is 23.5-23.60 kmpl with a mix of 60% highway/40% city drive. Quite happy with the number as my city drive is average of 6 kmph.

No issues faced with the car. Slight creak with the dashboard. Engine noise at idle continues to irk. I consider that I am driving a diesel car and not a petrol car. Feel it more after driving an Yaris

I use HP Power/ BPCL Speed in the car. Has smoothened the drive as compared to normal fuel. Never fill on IOC bunks as they always return a lower mileage. BPCL is the best.

I feel the LED lights are weak and miss fog lamps. Unfortunately cannot upgrade as the entire light is sealed.

Handling in the ghats and highway is very good. Car doesn't bounce as much and the body roll is very well controlled. TCS/ESP is really helpful

Overall I am happy with my purchase.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 13:47   #1061
BHPian

For the life of me, I'm unable to find a comfortable position. Back rest is sorted. But the seat is too small. The cushion hugging both thighs makes it hurt during long drives. The underthigh support is also not that great.

I am wondering what/how people have managed to get a good position.

For reference I'm 5,8" and 80 kgs.
Old 14th April 2023, 16:58   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I use HP Power/ BPCL Speed in the car. Has smoothened the drive as compared to normal fuel. Never fill on IOC bunks as they always return a lower mileage. BPCL is the best. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
Good to hear that you are happy with the purchase. I will try XP95 or Speed next and check the mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
For the life of me, I'm unable to find a comfortable position. Back rest is sorted. But the seat is too small. The cushion hugging both thighs makes it hurt during long drives. The underthigh support is also not that great.

I am wondering what/how people have managed to get a good position.
I am 5'10 and the issue with bothers me is my knee touching the hard plastic. Some cushioning could have been nice. I have purchased a neck pillow with memory foam, it helps.

For thighs some kind of seat cushion might work but it will block the cooling from ventilated seats.
Old 14th April 2023, 23:24   #1063
BHPian

Had the free 5K km service done today.
I complained about the rattles and noises and the service center said they have fixed it with a "NVH Kit" of some sort for no extra charge. It includes some rubber stoppers and foam in strategic points. They didn't specify it on the invoice they gave me but it did seem to fix the various noises I had been hearing.
I don't blame the quality for the various noises and if they came back considering the kind of route I daily drive on.
I'll observe just how effective this NVH Kit is.
tjsi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 21:59   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Had the free 5K km service done today.
I complained about the rattles and noises and the service center said they have fixed it with a "NVH Kit" of some sort for no extra charge.
Good to hear this. My car is only about 3k km done in 3 months, but there is a rattle on either the trunk door, or the number plate at the back, whenever the car goes over bumps or bad roads. Will keep an eye out for further rattles by the 5k service and ask for this "NVH Kit" if that helps.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 09:09   #1065
BHPian

There seems to be wireless charging issue, the connection keeps getting disconnected very often, anyone facing this and any resolution to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Good to hear that you are happy with the purchase. I will try XP95 or Speed next and check the mileage.
I have been using XP95 since last 2 months and have felt significant reduction in the engine vibrations, bit increase in mileage too.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd April 2023 at 09:38. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks