Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 19:10   #1096
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Car looks good. Congratulations. I have completed 7500 Kms in about 4 months. I have been meaning to get the sound dampening myself. Have you done only the doors?
Yes I got only the doors done. I wanted to get it done for the floor also but the applicator was hesitant to do the floor as it is a hybrid and he assumed there will be some wires on the floor. So I opted out of it.
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 23:15   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
Apparently what I got to know from an insider is that Grand Vitara’s are more easily available than the Hyryder .

Let’s see what happens when the Maruti Version of the Hycross comes in. Hycross demands a waiting of almost 2 years like Hyryder. Brand Innova has been the main cash cow for Toyota for almost 2 decades. I am confused by the strategy Toyota has taken.
What i have read from articles is that 60% or more production is for Grand Vitara and the rest is of Hyryder as per the agreement between the companies.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 14:36   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Booked the Hyryder Hybrid G model - in March (Lakozy Mumbai).
I had a G Hybrid Blue colour booking since September 22 at Wasan, which never materialised. A few days back cancelled that and booked( token given) the Honda Elevate.
In the meanwhile I also had booked the GV in black but after seeing the car in real, I don't think I will go ahead with the GV.
If you are in a rush, book the GV. Delivery is stated in 4-6 weeks for unusual colours.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 20:16   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Hyryder has a waiting period of 2 years? Wow that's insane. Same with Hycross?
Yes recently I went to Toyota to exchange our Innova with either Hycross or Hyryder, whichever is available earlier. Unfortunately, both the cars command a 24 months waiting period. Even the non hybrid Hyryder has 6 months waiting. Went to nearest Nexa and booked Grand Vitara Hybrid (with a heavy heart because I've been using Toyota for so long and a very satisfied customer and secondly didn't want to buy Toyota manufactured hybrid engine from Suzuki). Estimated waiting period? 4-6 weeks with unofficial assurance that I will get the car within a month.

Seems like Toyota is pushing their customers to Suzuki. I heard a lot of customers who had booked Hyryder are buying GV and cancelling their Toyota bookings due to long waiting time. Nexa salesman said the same could happen with Hycross also once the new Innova becomes available from Suzuki sometime around September. I'm unable to follow Toyota's strategy here. This way Toyota may shut shop here and sell their cars through Suzuki only. Less investment and more profit may be? I just hope Suzuki will be able to service the hybrid engine god forbid if anything happens.
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 23:14   #1100
BHPian

The Hyryder/ Grand Vitara are both manufactured at Toyota’s plant in Bidadi, with 1.5L 3 cylinder engine, strong hybrid system & transaxle being supplied by Toyota, other parts by Suzuki suppliers. There is an agreement between Toyota and Suzuki that 80% of production will go to Suzuki and remaining to Toyota. That’s why Hyryder is having a long waiting period and this is not going to lessen ever unless the agreement changes. Buying the Grand Vitara is the only option for now, essentially you’re getting the same car and its also selling strongly with good reviews all around.

The Hycross will only be supplied to Suzuki in limited quantities as well. So expect similar wait times as well for the Suzuki sister model (Engage).
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 00:16   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The Hycross will only be supplied to Suzuki in limited quantities as well. So expect similar wait times as well for the Suzuki sister model (Engage).
But the Hycross already has 2 years waiting period. How long can it be for Engage. Nexa sales person was hopeful that the GV Hyryder scenario will repeat for Hycross as well. That Maruti will get the lion's share of production allotment hence lesser waiting period. Toyota is giving away the food on a platter.
Old 13th May 2023, 16:49   #1102
BHPian

Hi. The sunroof curtain is a big negative of the Hyryder. With sun glaring down the cabin is hot and sun keeps shining through. I have a 3m film in addition to the tinted glass and the curtain. Still the heat seeps in. Hope Toyota finds some solution for this or some aftermarket solution is available. I really wish there was an option to purchase without sunroof like the Harrier.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 16:52   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Yes recently I went to Toyota to exchange our Innova with either Hycross or Hyryder, whichever is available earlier. Unfortunately, both the cars command a 24 months waiting period. Even the non hybrid Hyryder has 6 months waiting. Went to nearest Nexa and booked Grand Vitara Hybrid (with a heavy heart because I've been using Toyota for so long and a very satisfied customer and secondly didn't want to buy Toyota manufactured hybrid engine from Suzuki). Estimated waiting period? 4-6 weeks with unofficial assurance that I will get the car within a month.

Seems like Toyota is pushing their customers to Suzuki. I heard a lot of customers who had booked Hyryder are buying GV and cancelling their Toyota bookings due to long waiting time. Nexa salesman said the same could happen with Hycross also once the new Innova becomes available from Suzuki sometime around September. I'm unable to follow Toyota's strategy here. This way Toyota may shut shop here and sell their cars through Suzuki only. Less investment and more profit may be? I just hope Suzuki will be able to service the hybrid engine god forbid if anything happens.
Yea Toyota service really spoils you. I have experienced both and there is a vast difference between the two. Though Toyota is not what it used to be say 4 years ago they are still better. I did not like the GV at all. Too flashy. Still seems buyers dont have a choice.
Old 14th May 2023, 11:56   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. The sunroof curtain is a big negative of the Hyryder. With sun glaring down the cabin is hot and sun keeps shining through. I have a 3m film in addition to the tinted glass and the curtain. Still the heat seeps in. Hope Toyota finds some solution for this or some aftermarket solution is available. I really wish there was an option to purchase without sunroof like the Harrier.
I have tried a cheap solution for this with putting the side sun blinds with suction on top. Though it does not cover all the glass area but covers most of it. I have felt difference in the temperature and feel most of the heat is coming in from the front glass, as is the case with most of the cars.
Old 15th May 2023, 11:55   #1105
BHPian

Thanks aks812. On checking with Amazon I found this great product from Kinder Fluff. You can just stick this onto the glass. It uses static electricity for adhesion and can be removed easily. Cost me 1640 for a set of 4. It has 2 mesh type and 2 dark film type. I have installed the mesh as of now as I didn't want it to be very dark. Attached is the picture.

Best part is sunroof can be operated with the film stuck on it. This can be removed once the summer is over.

https://www.amazon.in/kinder-Fluff-x...A2PC2180UC1C02
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_1319.jpg  

Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:45   #1106
BHPian

One of the biggest negatives in Hyryder is lack of EPB and Auto Hold. Auto Hold is extremely useful in traffic and one doesn't have to keep shifting to P or keeping your foot on the brake pedal. It's really annoying in city traffic. At least they should have provided this in the V variant.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:01   #1107
BHPian

Re: 2023 Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid: Initial Ownership Review (10,000km)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurianMathoor View Post
Introduction:-
I have been using Hyryder for the past 4 months and covered 11,500km.

3. 3M Antiglare Front Windshield
4. Garware side Tint
6. LED Bulb Upgrade for headlamps
I also have a S Strong Hybrid Hyryder. I must say, yours is looking excellent with the alloy wheels and tint on window.
Can you share the source of LED bulb upgrade with cost and it's lighting review as compared to Halogen Projectors.
Aniket03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 20:11   #1108

LED bulb model description- DHC LED CONV KIT F55-9005 6K

Power- 55W
Colour Temp- 6000K
Cost- (I don't remember the exact amount)
Feedback- The stock Halogen where changed the same day car was bought. So, I won't be able to tell the difference. But these LED one's are very effective at the night.
KurianMathoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 09:08   #1109
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurianMathoor View Post
Introduction:-
I have been using Hyryder for the past 4 months and covered 11,500km. These are my few observations after driving through various conditions. I have also attached few pictures as there are very few posts reviewing the Base Hybrid variant.
Colour: Cafe White
Variant: S hybrid
Current ODO reading: 11500 km

Mileage Status:- (Tankfull Method)
Max:- 27.53 kmpl
Min:- 20.03 kmpl
Average:- 23.5 kmpl

What I Like:-
1. Excellent Fuel Efficiency- Keep the speed between 50 to 70km/h to extract
maximum mileage
2. Base Variant VFM – This variant is pretty much loaded (ACC, Cruise
Control, Wireless AppleCar Play, Drive Modes )
3. Toyota ASS
4. Ground clearance boon on Indian roads
5. Comfortable seats over long drives
6. Extra Headroom (No Sunroof)
7. Minimal use of chrome

What I Don’t Like:-
1. Takes time getting used to the Hybrid driving style
2. No Rear Wash and Wiper.
3. Interior Quality feels cheap
3. Performance not adequate for Highway Drives
4. Engine sounds louder in hilly areas and sometimes struggle to overtake when
fully loaded.

Upgrades:-
1. Graphene Coating
2. Body colour side claddings (Toyota Service Centre Paint Job)
3. 3M Antiglare Front Windshield
4. Garware side Tint
5. 16inch Infinity Alloy Wheels in stock tires (Better Stance)
6. LED Bulb Upgrade for headlamps
7. 3D Floor mats

Service History:-
1. 13/01/2023- 997km (Free Service)
2. 21/02/2023- 5056km (Free Service)
3. 20/04/2023- 9737km (Rs.3136/-)

Pictures:-
I have seen your car around many times. I Really liked those body coloured claddings and those alloy wheels. The car looks absolutely stunning. By the way I think those alloys are 17 inches as the hyryder comes with 17 inch tyres in all trims.
josephilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 09:16   #1110

Thanks for the feedback. It was a typo error. But currently I'm unable to edit the post.
KurianMathoor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks