Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 08:58   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Thanks for the awesome review. Good to see hybrids making their way into the market.
Was disappointed when I read about the performance.
My next one will be a hybrid for sure as I am not yet a convinced by the EV value prop as yet.
I hope, both Toyota and Maruti, price it sensibly.
I see both these products doing well in the market. Hats off to these folks for betting on the hybrids.
Old 29th August 2022, 09:22   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADisMynAMe View Post
I got 22 only for a few minutes after filling the tank with petrol, but for most of the time it was ranging between 16-18. Speed was constantly between 80-120 kmph
So you saw 22kmpl for a few minutes on a completely open road and you thought it made sense to make it your benchmark when comparing with Hyryder which would do a consistent 20+ kmpl no matter what the traffic condition? In constant stop and go traffic where Seltos Turbo would do single digit economy, Hyryder would still do 20+ kmpl easily.

I havent even come to other advantages such as no belts for the A/C aka no load on the engine per se, regen meaning very little usage of the friction brakes, no starter motor for the engine - aka less maintenance as well.
akhilesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
So you saw 22kmpl for a few minutes on a completely open road and you thought it made sense to make it your benchmark when comparing with Hyryder which would do a consistent 20+ kmpl no matter what the traffic condition? In constant stop and go traffic where Seltos Turbo would do single digit economy, Hyryder would still do 20+ kmpl easily.
I havent even come to other advantages such as no belts for the A/C aka no load on the engine per se, regen meaning very little usage of the friction brakes, no starter motor for the engine - aka less maintenance as well.
Yes those points also add up, but I am not comparing with the Hyryder, I wanted to point out that if you are a calm driver who loves cruising and also loves pick up, occasional efficiency like this puts a smile on your face. Hyryder surely is fuel efficient and it can trump any other car except the Vitara, but the fun of a turbo along with fe like this is just. Thanks for pointing it out and I hope the above posts didn't offend you.
MADisMynAMe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:40   #64
BANNED

Autocar India review is out too. They seem to be a little less critical of the car.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:54   #65
BHPian

Any idea if the new Hyryder/Grand Vitara will be able to get the benefit of EV vehicle benefit given by the Haryana Govt? If so, this will make the hybrid version truly bang for buck
Old 29th August 2022, 10:03   #66

Probably the Urban cruiser Hyryder and Grand Vitara prices will be decided by the Maruti and Toyota management after analysing the actual sales data of the newly launched Brezza. They will charge premium if people are willing to pay for their cars. It remains to be seen how this unfolds.
Old 29th August 2022, 10:12   #67
BHPian

Thanks for the awesome review guys. It's good to see India's first "mass market" full hybrid launching soon (the wait for the price announcement is getting a tad too long!). As is the case with every car, there are pros and cons. A 4 cylinder engine, more refinement, more creature comforts etc. are certainly a miss. However, I am sure the next iteration and other strong hybrid launches will definitely move the needle. For now, this is a watershed moment in the history of India automobile/ car manufacturing. This is possibly also the first time (pls correct me if I am wrong), when two big OEMs have joined hands to launch a new product. Let us not forget that managing and executing a project of this scale and complexity in a JV is a herculean task in itself. It will be prudent to recall that the JV between Ford and Mahindra failed without launching a single product.

I hope these two cars are a success and both the OEMs are able to take the feedback from experts and more importantly the customers to improve the products that they plan to launch in the future.

Best of luck to both Maruti and Toyota!
kushagra452 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 10:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Barring the brown shade, the interiors look a deja vu from S-Cross. That rear vent is a welcome addition, am sure the compressor power would be detuned from the current generation.

Is that boot space in the hybrid version for real?
Old 29th August 2022, 11:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I thought that as well but that small pouch or bag will still move around as it's a loose strap with the hook. Only thing is it will not fall down onto the floor.
If the rear seat base also folds up, this should be used for holding it with the front seat headrest rod?

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st August 2022 at 00:20. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 29th August 2022, 11:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

• Quality of interior plastics feels more “Maruti” than Toyota. Frankly, the S-Cross cabin feels better in quality

• Interior is narrow and doesn't feel as roomy as some competitors.

• NVH levels from the drivetrain are surprisingly poor for a hybrid. Sounds from the 3-cylinder engine, electric motor and brake vacuum pump filter into the cabin.

The Urban Cruiser Hyryder is more a Maruti than a Toyota.

Oustanding and detailed review as always!

Please help me in comparing the above quoted part with New Brezza! w.r.t. space, NVH and Fit and Finish.

I am confused between G AT Mild Hybrid and Brezza ZXI AT. If the price difference is ~ 1L
Old 29th August 2022, 11:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post

Please help me in comparing the above quoted part with New Brezza! w.r.t. space, NVH and Fit and Finish.

I am confused between G AT Mild Hybrid and Brezza ZXI AT. If the price difference is ~ 1L
Are the prices of Urban Cruiser or Vitara Brezza already out?
Old 29th August 2022, 11:20   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, received a lot of Reported Posts on this point being a part of Pros as well as Cons:

Quote:
• Does most things well, but doesn’t excel in any particular area (other than fuel economy)
Please note that was entirely intentional! It's a good as well as a bad thing.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 11:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post

I am in same state. Having booked Grand Vitara Zeta AT, awaiting price and Mild hybrid reviews. Hope Maruti reviews will cover Mild Hybrid. Compared to Breeza ZXI, Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - G AT/GV -ZETA AT - misses out Sunroof and gains 4 air bags and better infotainment system (9''), 17'' inch wheels, better interiors and large car. I am expecting 1 to 1.5 lakhs premium over Breeza ZXI price.
skumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 11:43   #74
BHPian

I think there are a lot of concerns on the boot space of the hybrid version. It would really help if we can run a practical luggage test here.
Spare tire is not the part of the boot (strong Hybrid) so I hope, after removing the parcel tray and the false tray, provisions can be made to carry a little more luggage.
Currently, the 250L sounds very depressing and I have already started looking at other car options. (Seriously with diesel rule in NCR, lack of EV infra for highway runs, its a struggle to find the right car)

A car as big as Hyryder, has to account for a weekend family trip- Period!!
Old 29th August 2022, 11:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Are the prices of Urban Cruiser or Vitara Brezza already out?
If you are asking about Urban Cruiser Hyryder or Grand Vitara, then No. They are expected to be announced in First or second week of September.

Most Viewed