Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 13:43   #196

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Confusion still prevails over the mild hybrid pricing, whether 17.09 is for 2WD AT or AWD MT. Toyota indicates that 17.09 is for 2WD AT, which should be accurate. A bit overpriced in my opinion. Maybe Toyota wants to make the strong hybrid variant more attractive.
Old 9th September 2022, 13:44   #197
BHPian

Pricing is inline with the expectations. Surprised to see the AWD version price. Expected it to be in 15.5-16L range. How much is the Toyota premium in these prices? My assumption is 50k premium over the Grand Vitara siblings.
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:05   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Ex showroom price list of Hyryder. Absolutely killed it in my opinion��
I agree. The prices are very much lucrative IMHO, knowing the Toyota know how of hybrids, reliability and overall fit & finesse. This will certainly attract buyer from Tier 1 cities and will take some share of Creta, Seltos etc.

Although its unfair to compare with Honda city e-HEV, Hyryder is a SUV and this merit alone can swing the masses in its favor.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:18   #199
BHPian

Considering its a sellers market, first Hybrid SUV in our market and Toyota reliability, price range is spot on.

However,
The price difference between V Hybrid-Top Spec and G-Hybrid is 150K.
Went through the brochure in detail, differences found.

1. Ventilated + Artificial Leather Seats(Fabric Seats in G variant)

2. TPMS

3. Leather wrapped steering

4. 360 Camera.

5. Branded Speaker System.

6. Courtesy Lamp.

IMO 150K is a little too much for the above mentioned features. However, people who like convenience over value will book the Top Spec. Its a well thought out decision from Toyota I suppose.

Last edited by Javelin : 9th September 2022 at 14:24.
Javelin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:29   #200
BHPian

*Rant begins*

I'm not going to talk about whether the prices are high or low and the like. But this sheer stupidity of announcing prices for select variants is just pushing people's patience IMHO. First, the teasers (multiple of them) for a stretched period, then unveiling on one day, media drives a few weeks later, an embargo on them lifting another week or so post the drives, and now prices for select variants. And even after all this, they expect us to wait for another round of prices, then delivery schedules, actual delivery, and so on.
The sheer low level of shamelessness these brands have stooped to in order to keep riding the wave is plain BS.
Talk about having the patience to wait for so long if you're indeed a customer of this car!

*end of rant*
Torque_Curve is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:33   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
17.09 lakhs is for neo drive top end 2WD automatic variant, not for the AWD variant as per the Toyota website. Prices for the AWD variant and remaining neo drive variants are yet to be announced. Also as per the website AWD manual variant will be priced below top end automatic neo drive variant ie below 17.09 laksh
Neodrive v AT 17.09L
Me thinks something is wrong and will be corrected.
Old 9th September 2022, 14:33   #202
BHPian

Spoke to Ravindu Toyota and as per the sales rep, the display vehicles will be available from 3rd week of September, with test drives starting a week later. Deliveries to begin from the 1st week of October and expected waiting period of 8-10 weeks for the Hybrid. Not much information available on the mild hybrids.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 15:01   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
The price difference between V Hybrid-Top Spec and G-Hybrid is 150K.
Went through the brochure in detail, differences found.
1. Ventilated + Artificial Leather Seats(Fabric Seats in G variant)
2. TPMS
3. Leather wrapped steering
4. 360 Camera.
5. Branded Speaker System.
6. Courtesy Lamp
Not sure if ventilated seats are something which can be done from aftermarket or how much it can cost if possible but the rest of the features absolutely do not worth 1.5 Lakhs unless you are giving Alpine speakers with amp.
Old 9th September 2022, 15:20   #204
BHPian

What is interesting is that the mild hybrid automatic is almost 3 lakh more than the top trim Brezza automatic. Are the feature differences so many to command such a premium for the same engine and transmission?
ellip5i5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 15:44   #205
BHPian

Seriously? 17.09 for a 100 bhp Mild Hybrid AT?
Am I seeing this right?
Would have been overpriced even for the Mild Hybrid with AWD and MT in my opinion. Heck, Mild Hybrid AWD AT should have been 17.09 or at most 17.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
If Mahindra gave a ScorpioN Z4 4X4 AT, it would have been around 18 lakh ex-showroom

Brezza ZXI+ AT Dual tone with the same K15C and mild hybrid tech is 14 lakhs ex-showroom. How can the Hyryder with the same setup with a bit more length (But worse rear headroom) cost 17 lakhs? Leatherette seats and interior patches and Panoramic sunroof + the extra length is 3 lakh extra? Mind you, Hyryder V AT mild Hybrid (Even Grand Vitara Alpha AT) lacks cooled glove box and HUD which Brezza has.

Won't say anything about the strong hybrid though because I have no reference on proper Hybrids.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 9th September 2022 at 15:48.
dr_TJ is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 15:51   #206
BHPian

Since the top-end Neodrive is 17.09 lakh for the Hyryder, and the same for edrive retails at 1.9 lakh more expensive, it is safe to guess the G AT 2WD Neodrive retail at 15.49 lakh and the S AT 2WD Neodrive at 13.09 lakh. Taking the brezza's price difference between the LXI and VXI AT into consideration, the base Hyryder should start at around 9.99 lakh. So this could be the variant price breakdown:
Neodrive:
1. E:- 9.99 lakh
2. S MT:- 11.49 lakh
3. G MT:- 12.99 lakh
4. S AT:- 13.09 lakh
5. G AT:- 14.49 lakh
6. V MT:- 15.49 lakh
7. V AWD:- 16.29 lakh
8. V AT:- 17.09 lakh
E-Drive:
1. S:- 15.11 lakh
2. G:- 17.49 lakh
3. V:- 18.99 lakh

Based on this, I can approximate the Vitara's price (using Baleno-Glanza Price Difference)
Smart Hybrid:
1. Sigma:- 9.95 lakh
2. Delta MT:- 11.39 lakh
3. Zeta MT:- 12.85 lakh
4. Delta AT:- 12.99 lakh
5. Zeta AT:- 14.35 lakh
6. Alpha MT:- 15.25 lakh
7. Alpha AWD:- 16.05 lakh
8. Alpha AT:- 16.85 lakh
Intelligent Hybrid:
1. Delta+:- N/A
2. Zeta+:-17.29 lakh
3. Alpha+:-18.69 lakh
MADisMynAMe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 15:57   #207
BHPian

The pricing of Neo Drive V AT makes the Brezza Zxi+ AT look VFM.
I recently had a long test drive of Brezza AT and the car was a calm and relaxed cruiser at best.

With the same engine and additional ~100kgs , the hyryder is surely not winning any drag races!

Further the Brezza has better headroom for the rear passengers for sure.

The Hyryder pricing just made things very difficult for Maruti Suzuki India. ~3.5L premium on road above Brezza makes Grand Vitara a Hardsell in my opinion.
buntee90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:01   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
What is interesting is that the mild hybrid automatic is almost 3 lakh more than the top trim Brezza automatic. Are the feature differences so many to command such a premium for the same engine and transmission?
Although many feel that Brezza is over-priced. Brezza falls in a segment below Creta/Hyryder.

Last edited by nevin007 : 9th September 2022 at 16:15.
nevin007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:07   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin007 View Post
Although many feel that Brezza is over-priced. Brezza falls under sub 4 meter category, thus attracts less tax, while hyryder/vitara are more than 4 meters. So higher taxes for them.
For lesser taxes the vehicle needs to be sub 4meter AND have a petrol engine less that 1.2 litre. With its 1.5 litre engine Brezza misses out on the lower taxes.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:25   #210
BHPian

Partial price release. Toyota is indeed playing mind games.

If one is mainly inclined for a strong hybrid and agnostic about the form factor (crossover vs sedan) and is looking at the top variant at 18.99L, I see not much reason to go for a Toyota 3 cylinder hybrid without ADAS, when one can get a 4 cylinder Honda City Hybrid with ADAS at 20L.

My sense is that the weak hybrid AT will also be priced just about 1.5L-2L lower than the same variant to make people jump for strong hybrid after doing the math calculations on fuel efficiency.

But, but to me such comparison is an avoidable fallacious trap, since its not worth comparing a refined 4 cylinder weak hybrid to a not as refined 3 cylinder strong hybrid on the price differential perspective.

I would love to compare the price difference between a 4 cylinder weak hybrid and a 4 cylinder strong hybrid, but such option does not exist as yet from Toyota. Maybe once the HyCross is launched, in both weak and strong variants, then a meaningful comparison is possible.

I would put my money on Honda eHEV over HyRyder at current prices, if I had to buy today.

A lot of people who are buying in this segment will go for automatic, so it makes sense for Toyota to squeeze as much margin as possible on the automatic. They will leave something on the table for manual transmission, which is not a preference for most.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 9th September 2022 at 16:37.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks