Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 08:35   #466

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmystyle07 View Post

I have booked the top end V hybrid variant in black. Awaiting the delivery. Since most of my travelling is to work, i am going ahead with my booking.
Update on delivery: they are starting deliveries here in Coimbatore. Only one black vehicle has come, and I am 2nd in line for black (booked on 3rd July:unhapp) . It has been allotted to the 1st customer, he is yet to confirm it. Hopefully, it trickles down the line for me. Fingers crossed. Or else I need to wait till the next stock comes.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th October 2022 at 09:12. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
Old 20th October 2022, 09:05   #467
BHPian

Hi,

I booked Hyryder online on 1st July and, after a test drive, cancelled the booking. Now the dealer is saying that he will deduct Rs 3000 as cancellation charges. To my best understanding, in the terms and conditions, there were no cancellation charges, but some transaction charges deduction only. Does anyone have the terms and conditions so that I can take up the matter with Toyota?

The dealer is united Toyota, Mangalore

Thanks

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th October 2022 at 09:14. Reason: Spacing, spell and grammar. Please proofread before posting.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:29   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Now the dealer is saying that he will deduct Rs 3000 as cancellation charges. To my best understanding, in the terms and conditions, there were no cancellation charges, but some transaction charges deduction only. Does anyone have the terms and conditions so that I can take up the matter with Toyota?
There is ZERO cancellation charges. I have recently cancelled one booking with Toyota since they were charging 6-7K handling charges. I got the full money refunded within 7 days.

DO report it to Toyota.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:30   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Hi,

I booked Hyryder online on 1st July and, after a test drive, cancelled the booking. Now the dealer is saying that he will deduct Rs 3000 as cancellation charges. To my best understanding, in the terms and conditions, there were no cancellation charges, but some transaction charges deduction only. Does anyone have the terms and conditions so that I can take up the matter with Toyota?

The dealer is united Toyota, Mangalore

Thanks
Quote:
The Customer has an option to cancel his/her booking any time before the Car is delivered to the Customer. In case a Customer chooses to cancel his/her booking. the refund of booking amount would be made, subject to deduction of the transaction charges charged at the time of payment, per Car/online booking, as cancellation charges.
This is available on Toyota's website when you try to book the Hyryder.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:49   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This is available on Toyota's website when you try to book the Hyryder.
Thanks.I made a call to toyota customer care and within 5 minutes the dealer contacted me offering full refund.

Great response from Toyota.
das_ren_auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 16:43   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Conclusion:
The Hyryder is a typical Maruti Suzuki attempt at cracking the Midsize SUV segment. It is designed to please the masses with low running costs and peace of mind. But in their pursuit for outright efficiency, they have made a few compromises too many for my liking. The lack of space both in the cabin and in the boot is too hard to look past in this segment. This will make for an excellent second car for city running with its efficiency and comfortable ride. For me personally, at 24L OTR it doesn't make sense as we are looking for a replacement for our Ecosport which is the only car in our garage. Have cancelled my booking and will be looking at other alternatives.

PS: Dealer informed that they have Mild Hybrid ready and available for delivery due to many cancellations. 4 month waiting period quoted for Strong Hybrid.
Well summarised, 24L OTR(Bangalore is costly!!) is definitely not the price for masses. For this price, people will have expectations. I haven't yet taken any TD, but even the Diesels offered by Koreans appear more silent and refined compared to what you are saying.

I actually lost interest because of the price and performance mismatch. This car only suits a urban user with city only use case. For someone like me who wants a highway car, this will not fit the bill. For city usage, I would rather pick a Nexon EV Max or even go with Tiago EV for its compact dimensions.
rajshenoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 21:20   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest Autocar issue has tested the Grand Vitara strong Hybrid (essentially mechanically identical to Hyryder) against the Seltos Diesel AT and Creta Petrol IVT. The theme is “Is Hybrid the new Diesel?”

The Grand Vitara hybrid fares very well on almost every front:
  • 0-100 time if 12.82 seconds versus the Seltos Diesel AT’s 12.91 seconds and the Creta IVT’s 13.63 seconds
  • Top speed if 180 kph versus the Seltos’s 175 kph and Creta’s 170 kph
  • City fuel economy of 23.77 kpl versus 10.31 for the Creta Petrol and 12.9 for the Seltos Diesel - that is almost 130% better than the NA Petrol and nearly double that of the Diesel
  • Highway fuel economy of 20.39 kpl versus the Creta IVT’s 13.78 kpl and Seltos Diesel’s 17.8 kpl - 50% better than the NA Petrol and 16% better than the Diesel
What is truly outstanding is the in-city performance of the hybrid.
  • 0-60 comes up in 5.37 seconds versus 6.27 seconds in the Creta IVT and 5.53 seconds in the Seltos Diesel
  • 20-80 in kickdown takes 7.11 seconds on the Hybrid, versus 7.68 seconds on the Creta IVT and 7.54 seconds in the Seltos Diesel.
  • In 40-100 kickdown, both the Petrol IVT and Diesel AT overtake the hybrid - this takes 10.37 seconds in the Hybrid versus 9.67 seconds in the Petrol IVT and 10.04 seconds on the Diesel AT. Not a huge margin but I think the gap will widen post 100kph.

So in a city streetlight turning green dash, the hybrid will leave the other two behind!

I know the comparison with the turbo Petrol Seltos and Creta won’t be so favourable on acceleration etc., but then the fuel economy of those cars would be abysmal.

In the end Autocar concludes that the Hybrid has become the new Diesel due to the superior fuel economy without the pain of higher NVH of the Diesels. Hyundai and Kia must be very uncomfortable right now, although they have so many power train alternatives, they do not have a play in the hybrid market.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st October 2022 at 12:08. Reason: Added a direct link to the article, thanks to 'rr06' for sharing it.
84.monsoon is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 02:18   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The latest Autocar issue has tested the Grand Vitara strong Hybrid (essentially mechanically identical to Hyryder) against the Seltos Diesel AT and Creta Petrol IVT. The theme is “Is Hybrid the new Diesel?”

The Grand Vitara hybrid fares very well on almost every front:
From the figures the Grand Vitara / Hyryder strong hybrid twins don't look underpowered at all and the fuel efficiency from various reviews is just phenomenal.

I had loved the Prius which I extensively drove in the US and it easily returned 2-3 times the mileage compared to other cars. Was eagerly waiting for the technology to come at an affordable price point here. Just hope the Government reduces the horrendous GST rates on strong hybrids and makes this amazing technology more accessible to the masses.
Djay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 08:49   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the end Autocar concludes that the Hybrid has become the new Diesel due to the superior fuel economy without the pain of higher NVH of the Diesels.
Very true. I hope mass market hybrid cars based on platforms built for hybrid cars comes soon. ( Read zero compromise on boot space ). The likes of Camry, Vellfire, Corolla, RAV4, Yaris Cross already does so. So, it shouldn't be rocket science.

Quote:
Hyundai and Kia must be very uncomfortable right now, although they have so many power train alternatives, they do not have a play in the hybrid market.
It's just a matter of time before they too bring in their hybrids. They will be watching the market response to Hyryder closely for sure.

Last edited by amalji : 21st October 2022 at 08:50.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 08:56   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The latest Autocar issue has tested the Grand Vitara strong Hybrid (essentially mechanically identical to Hyryder) against the Seltos Diesel AT and Creta Petrol IVT.
This is in complete contrast to what some people have been saying in the thread that it is dead beyond "80 kmph". I knew that wont be the case because the drivetrain is essentially from Yaris Cross sold here and its nowhere as slow as people said.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st October 2022 at 08:58. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Please quote only relevant part.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 09:02   #476
BHPian

Quote:

In the end Autocar concludes that the Hybrid has become the new Diesel due to the superior fuel economy without the pain of higher NVH of the Diesels. Hyundai and Kia must be very uncomfortable right now, although they have so many power train alternatives, they do not have a play in the hybrid market.
In the team-bhp review there was some concern regarding the NHV of the HyRyder 3 pot. Now these guys are referring to the pain of the "higher NHV of diesels". So can we conclude that the HyRyder / Grand Vitara beat the Hyundai/KIA diesel cars on the NHV?
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 11:25   #477
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Top speed if 180 kph versus the Seltos’s 175 kph and Creta’s 170 kph
Top speed of 180kph, was this really tested and attained with strong hybrids?

If true, then that's really a great news for enthusiasts even though it may struggle a bit to reach that limit, atleast effortless cruisability in triple digits should be satisfying.

I am interested to know these stats on mild hybrid (250liters boot is impossible for me), any reviews showcasing it?

btw, what is the boot space in mild hybrid, I am seeing different figures from 345 - 400 liters.
hummer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:00   #478
BHPian

I was going through the accessories for Hyryder and have one question. There are 5 different type of floormats mentioned. I talked with my dealer and got below variants but don't know how they look except for 1 &2 which is given in the 3D configurator (Toyota website).

1. Premium Carpet mat
2. Designer floor mat
3. PVC floormat black
4. PVC floormat transparent
5. All weather 3D floormat

Anyone have seen this 3D floormat during their visit to dealership or whoever has taken delivery already. Kindly post some pics or details.

Also, which one do you think would be a good choice?
Old 21st October 2022, 12:05   #479
BHPian

Here is the link to the autocar article - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...thought-426027
rr06 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:13   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]City fuel economy of 23.77 kpl versus 10.31 for the Creta Petrol and 12.9 for the Seltos Diesel - that is almost 130% better than the NA Petrol and nearly double that of the Diesel[*]Highway fuel economy of 20.39 kpl versus the Creta IVT’s 13.78 kpl and Seltos Diesel’s 17.8 kpl - 50% better than the NA Petrol and 16% better than the Diesel
Good to see the numbers of the hybrid. Always trust ACI's fuel economy figures as they are closer to the real world conditions, including usual traffic and usage of A/C.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks