Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 13:13   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Earlier today took delivery of my Toyota Hyryder Hybrid in the V trim with a Monotone Cafe white shade.
Hi Karan,

One humble request - Could you post a picture of the page of the owner's manual that shows the recommended service interval? Would like to get a clear confirmation of this.

Although SAs have been saying it is once a year, I am not a 100% sure whether to believe them. This is not the Toyota norm. Would be a very big minus if the service interval turns out to be still once in 6 months for the Hyryder.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 15:05   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Karan,

One humble request - Could you post a picture of the page of the owner's manual that shows the recommended service interval? Would like to get a clear confirmation of this.

Although SAs have been saying it is once a year, I am not a 100% sure whether to believe them. This is not the Toyota norm. Would be a very big minus if the service interval turns out to be still once in 6 months for the Hyryder.
Don't know about Hyryder but since BS6 era, all Toyota have service interval of once a year or 10K KM , whichever earlier.
Old 27th October 2022, 15:21   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Congratulation! Wish you many miles of safe and wonderful travel.
Thanks for your good wishes.

Quote:
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles!
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Hi Karan,

Quote:
One question that I have not found an answer to in all the reviews so far is - what is the service interval for the Hyryder?
1st service @ 1000 km
2nd service @ 5000 km
3rd service @ 10000 km

Post that every 10,000 kms

This is what was told by the dealership, however will check the handbook and reconfirm with more details & picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Congratulations and happy mile munching
Thanks !
Quote:
Did you take insurance from the dealer or from outside?
From the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride Karan Saheb Jumping with joy and looking forward to your very comprehensive video on the Hyryder! Might I also add, she does look stunning in the white shade. Wish you many safe and happy miles
Thanks aveoman for your good wishes, delivery video is in production & should be ready by Sunday.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 16:26   #529
BHPian

Was in Bangalore last week and had a chance to test drive the strong hybrid at Nandi Toyota in Whitefield area. It drove pretty well and picked up speed effortlessly. The SA had advised to depress the accelerator smoothly and not press it suddenly to increase speed and performance at city speeds was quite impressive. Since it was not driven in the highway, I don't how it will perform but for normal speeds, I think it should be adequate. Coming from a Hyundai diesel, the NVH was pretty much acceptable and not a deal breaker.

My Creta diesel AT has absolutely no creature comforts, so the features present in all the new cars will be a major upgrade .

The boot space is definitely less, but could be considered if the major usage is within the city. What is not pleasant however, is the location of the spare wheel. In my Creta, I hate it when I have to check the air in the spare wheel since the bolt has to be removed, the tyre lifted and then the air has to be filled. This is in a totally different league . It is ok for an Innova since it would most probably be chauffer driven and will not affect us but for a self driven vehicle, people may shy away from checking the air in the spare wheel frequently and could be in for a nasty surprise when the time comes for using it.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 19:44   #530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Hyryder AWD from a Duster AWD owner's perspective.

The Duster AWD is a thing of the the past now. Though the Compass AWD will be the perfect upgrade or replacement of the Duster AWD...
The Compass AWD (at 30+ OTR~ price) as a perfect upgrade for the Duster AWD (at 14+ OTR~ price)? I think the price difference is a bit large for this. The Duster AWD in its time was a terrific option. I'm not sure if there is another AWD X-over in the market at present with a price that can interpolate between these two. But I feel that the Compass at more than twice the Duster's price would be stretching the budget of quite a few prospective upgrade customers - to the point of no return!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th October 2022 at 23:56. Reason: quote tags
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:37   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_1999 View Post
Marvellous review as usual samba!!
The biggest let down of the Hyryder/GV is its 1.5 N.A engine and an AT gearbox in the AWD variant. Maruti abandoned its diesel engines and with BS6 phase 2 just around the corner, Toyota/Maruti should have opted or at least have an Option for a turbocharged petrol engine.
None of the Rival in its segment offers an AWD variant in their cars.
A hyryder/GV AWD equipped with a turbo petrol would have been a pure bliss to drive!!
Small engines, especially 1.5s, with turbo is not a good combination according to most people I know of. The reason being stress on the engine, overwork kinda situation. So reliability wise I would avoid them, happy to be corrected.
Old 27th October 2022, 23:47   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
The S variant comes with a 7 inch infotainment unit and I would like to opt for the 9 inch that comes in the G variant, shouldn't I be only paying for the offset amount? It's not like I get to keep the 7 inch unit, so why pay full price for the 9 inch? Is this something I can even ask for? Or is this how all car makers roll?
Would appreciate if anyone could share their views on this. Would like to know if this is the general practice or if this is something that can be worked out.
Old 28th October 2022, 00:22   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara vs Creta vs Seltos video by ACI is out now, sharing it here since the HyRyder is essentially the same car:

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 12:29   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would appreciate if anyone could share their views on this. Would like to know if this is the general practice or if this is something that can be worked out.
It is more revenue to them, so there would be no "exchange" deal, so to say. This is provided, they are returning the old screen back to you. They cannot hold on to it, if no discount given.

You might have to check with outside accessories shop if they indeed provide this, where you will have better luck.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 28th October 2022 at 12:30.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 14:52   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt there would be any takers for the 7 inch system, as all variants above E already come with factory fitted ICE. So the only chance for the dealer to re-sell you 7 inch system, when you upgrade, would be to hope that a customer fo the E variant wants to buy the 7 inch system as an accessory. The E variant is the most barebones one and it is doubtful if many units would be produced by Toyota, as in general, these variants exist only to attract the prospective customers into the showroom with a low starting price point.Even if a customer were to buy a E variant, they have umpteen better options in the open market to buy a Pioneer/Sony or other systems. So my expectation is the dealer will give you little for the 7 inch system the car comes with and will expect you to pay full list price for the 9 inch system.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:12   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karan,

As requested, PFA a screenshot from the owners manual;

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot-20221028-4.10.50-pm.png

karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 21:40   #537
BHPian

What is the price of alloy wheels set of 4 numbers? Does it void warranty if we change from steel rims to alloys?
Old 28th October 2022, 22:18   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
What is the price of alloy wheels set of 4 numbers? Does it void warranty if we change from steel rims to alloys?
Diamond cut 17 inch wheels have been listed for around 11k per piece on Maruti's website. Alloy wheels are usually grey area when it comes to warranty. They will probably wouldn't mind if it was bought from the dealer rather than outside.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 28th October 2022 at 22:19.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 22:53   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I was quoted 14K a piece.
Cruzn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 22:55   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Diamond cut 17 inch wheels have been listed for around 11k per piece on Maruti's website. Alloy wheels are usually grey area when it comes to warranty. They will probably wouldn't mind if it was bought from the dealer rather than outside.
The "S" variant of Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (typing the entire name has become a daunting task) is the most suitable variant for me. The budget overshoot is contained within 2 lakhs and thankfully it allows a 6 feet tall person to sit in the 2nd row without banging his head against the sunroof edge. The S variant does not have the sunroof.

Biggest miss in this S variant is absence of the defogger and rear wiper. Is it possible to retrofit the defogger from aftermarket? I struggle a lot due to absence of the defogger+rear wiper during rainy and foggy seasons.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks